The Scrapbook Sketches Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you at incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!
Today the topic is SKETCH!
One person who uses this sketch and uploads the layout with the hashtag #ScrapSketch061119 will win one full week FREE of SUDSOL membership!
I’d like to share one of my favorite scrapbook sketches with you. In case you missed the memo, I’m a sketch collector and creator :).
Here is a sketch I’ve used multiple times… it can be flipped easily… the photo placeholders may be easily resized as well. Instead of the 6 photo place holders here (sizes below), you could replace the (navy) piece spanning both pages with 4x6 photos butted up next to one another.
Use *any* colors, any SU! items including Memories & More items (because these rectangles below could TOTALLY be replaced by them!!!), your own photos, etc to recreate this sketch. Feel free to flip it, rotate it, etc.
The sizes of the items on this layout are as follows:
• (16) Squares of DSP *or* accents are @ 2x2 [I mixed and matched DSP]
• Journaling piece is 3x8
• Accent pieces above Journaling piece and at the far right are @ 2.5x2
• (4) Vertical rectangle pieces (and right hand horizontal piece) on Center Strips are 3x5
• (2) Horizontal pieces on left side of navy are @ 2 ¾ x 5
• Center strips are 6” tall (using most of one piece of 12x12 cardstock). One is 6x12, the other is 6x 8 ¼)
• The vertical strip holding the journaling is 3x12
• The Aqua pieces are ¼” strips of cardstock *or* you could use ribbon.
• Use any punch, embellishment, etc to replace the punched pieces.
If you want to increase your scrapbook sketch collection, please create a folder on your hard drive and save this sketch. If you have questions, I’m just a comment or email away!
Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to firstname.lastname@example.org! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!
Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!