classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PROG: Stampin’ Discuss Business Summary - Business Topics

Sara Levin

PROG: Stampin’ Discuss Business Summary - Business Topics –

This is a regularly scheduled SUDSOL program. The purpose is to provide a summary from Stampin' Discuss for your convenience. The topics covered are Talking Shop and Promoting Your Business. I hope you will find this information helpful to you.

FEATURED THIS WEEK:

Flex Points

Do you think a Facebook page has helped your business?
How do I go about offering a small discount when using OEX?

Stampin’ Up! Dates to Remember

SUDSOL SD Stamping Business Topics coordinator
Sara Levin

sdbus@sudsol.com

Flex Points

Can someone explain what and how much product we can get with the 1500 promotional flex points?I have already met my 300 minimum quota for the quarter.I was wondering if i should order another 300 to get the flex points or wait until October to make sure I meet next quarters quota?

Replies:

Here are the details about the flex point promotion:

Details: 

·         Dates: September 1-30, 2015

·         Flex points earned during this promotion will be deposited October 20.

·         Since these points are promotional, they will not count towards the 500,000 flex point cap for the year.

·         Flex points earned during this promotion can be used on any Flex Account item (that's right, no restrictions)!

·         Additional flex points will not be awarded to demonstrators who exceed $300 in sales in September.

·         Points earned during this promotion will expire on October 31, 2016.

·         Deadlines: To earn flex points, the $300 sales requirement must be met by 11:59 PM (MT) on September 30, 2015.

As you can see...the points are awarded only once no matter what amount of sales you have.

There will also be the redemptions according to the chart (though the actual levels might change by October so take the chart with a grain of salt) and according to the compensation plan document and DS there will also be various other items (perhaps logo items?) that will also be available using points - much like the Great Rewards menu - that list will be found under the Ordering tab on the demo site.  We won't be seeing that list until October though.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a Facebook page for my SU business. I have a DBWS and a blog, but I don't do much on either. I'm wondering what some of the pro's and con's to doing FB are.  Any information would be sincerely appreciated.

Replies

I feel like it is a great asset to my business.  It was really great when it was connected to my DBWS as when I posted there it would cross post for me.  I wish they could get it fixed so it would work again. It also helps people who may research businesses find you in your local area.  I feel like it easier to direct people to my Facebook Business page first as most can search for me easily on Facebook.  Hope this helps.

I don't think it has helped my business yet. It seems to only assist me with those I already have as customers. Otherwise anyone who has "liked" my page are just looky-lous.

Thanks .  I often wonder if just other demo's peruse Facebook.  I can hardly keep up with my family let alone a business page...lol!

I have searched through the website training site & anywhere I could think of (I am still new) but I cannot figure out for sure HOW I would go about giving a discount to a customer. (And YES I read quite a bit about the importance of not offering lasting or common discounts to stop from devaluing our product ;) 

I tried playing with the 'practice ordering' but because I didn't have valid credit card numbers, it wouldn't let me 'practice' with that part so I'm still not sure how to either:

Place an order & be able to only charge a certain amount?

Place an order for LOTS of people on one order & only charge each person a certain amount...

I'm getting frustrated help!  I am just giving a small $5 discount to those that play a game with me with new catalog but not if I don't know HOW to actually do it.  I'm to the point where I might just have to offer a physical item to them of a certain value but THEN I'll have to ship it to them...

Replies

When you enter a customer order or a workshop order you'll be able to enter each customer order and then their payments and pay the balance yourself (you can tell how much you want put on their cc). If you are trying to ship direct you'll have to enter as a customer order in OEX and then do the same thing, but you'll have the full 6.95 in shipping.That being said - for sales purposes you may be better offering a $5 item (such as a snail refill) as their gift instead of their discount. It will help your sales, but still be a special offer for them.

If you are physically meeting with the customers then yep...the advice to give a physical item is super.  If you would have to ship the item as you indicated it might be easier to either add a physical item to their order but only charge them for the general amount they actually ordered or just deduct the $5 when you enter the amounts for them to be charged and then pay the remaining balance yourself (that is one of the options when you get to the payment process).   You can actually do a practice order with the real deal as long as you don't finalize the order.   The other option that depending on how large the orders are might be the easiest thing is to call demo support and give them the order verbally and explain what you want to accomplish.  They know how to handle that.  Or they should anyway...since we as demos, have been doing it for quite some time.   Best bet though is to figure out how to do it yourself since you may want to do this again.

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Dates to Remember

September 7 - Stampin' Up! Closed for Labor Day 

September 16 - Stampin' Up! Closed for Innovation Day

October 21 - Stampin' Up! Closed for Innovation Day

November 12 - 14 - OnStage Live in Brussels

November 18 - Stampin' Up! Closed for Innovation Day 

November 26 - 27 - Stampin' Up! Closed for Thanksgiving

December 25 - Stampin' Up! Closed for Christmas

Sara Levin

sdbus@sudsol.com

sdbus@sudsol.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: PROG: Stampin’ Discuss Business Summary - Business Topics

Coleen Astalos

Great post.

Thanks,

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n23539h54@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23539h54@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2015 7:40 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: PROG: Stampin’ Discuss Business Summary - Business Topics

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=PROG:%20Stampin’%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

This is a regularly scheduled SUDSOL program. The purpose is to provide a summary from Stampin' Discuss for your convenience. The topics covered are Talking Shop and Promoting Your Business. I hope you will find this information helpful to you.

FEATURED THIS WEEK:

Flex Points

Sara Levin

sdbus@sudsol.com

Flex Points

Can someone explain what and how much product we can get with the 1500 promotional flex points?I have already met my 300 minimum quota for the quarter.I was wondering if i should order another 300 to get the flex points or wait until October to make sure I meet next quarters quota?

Replies:

Details:

· Dates: September 1-30, 2015

· Flex points earned during this promotion will be deposited October 20.

· Since these points are promotional, they will not count towards the 500,000 flex point cap for the year.

· Flex points earned during this promotion can be used on any Flex Account item (that's right, no restrictions)!

· Additional flex points will not be awarded to demonstrators who exceed $300 in sales in September.

· Points earned during this promotion will expire on October 31, 2016.

· Deadlines: To earn flex points, the $300 sales requirement must be met by 11:59 PM (MT) on September 30, 2015.

As you can see...the points are awarded only once no matter what amount of sales you have.

There will also be the redemptions according to the chart (though the actual levels might change by October so take the chart with a grain of salt) and according to the compensation plan document and DS there will also be various other items (perhaps logo items?) that will also be available using points - much like the Great Rewards menu - that list will be found under the Ordering tab on the demo site. We won't be seeing that list until October though.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a Facebook page for my SU business. I have a DBWS and a blog, but I don't do much on either. I'm wondering what some of the pro's and con's to doing FB are. Any information would be sincerely appreciated.

Replies

I feel like it is a great asset to my business. It was really great when it was connected to my DBWS as when I posted there it would cross post for me. I wish they could get it fixed so it would work again. It also helps people who may research businesses find you in your local area. I feel like it easier to direct people to my Facebook Business page first as most can search for me easily on Facebook. Hope this helps.

I don't think it has helped my business yet. It seems to only assist me with those I already have as customers. Otherwise anyone who has "liked" my page are just looky-lous.

Thanks . I often wonder if just other demo's peruse Facebook. I can hardly keep up with my family let alone a business page...lol!

I have searched through the website training site & anywhere I could think of (I am still new) but I cannot figure out for sure HOW I would go about giving a discount to a customer. (And YES I read quite a bit about the importance of not offering lasting or common discounts to stop from devaluing our product ;)

I tried playing with the 'practice ordering' but because I didn't have valid credit card numbers, it wouldn't let me 'practice' with that part so I'm still not sure how to either:

Place an order for LOTS of people on one order & only charge each person a certain amount...

I'm getting frustrated help! I am just giving a small $5 discount to those that play a game with me with new catalog but not if I don't know HOW to actually do it. I'm to the point where I might just have to offer a physical item to them of a certain value but THEN I'll have to ship it to them...

Replies

When you enter a customer order or a workshop order you'll be able to enter each customer order and then their payments and pay the balance yourself (you can tell how much you want put on their cc). If you are trying to ship direct you'll have to enter as a customer order in OEX and then do the same thing, but you'll have the full 6.95 in shipping.That being said - for sales purposes you may be better offering a $5 item (such as a snail refill) as their gift instead of their discount. It will help your sales, but still be a special offer for them.

If you are physically meeting with the customers then yep...the advice to give a physical item is super. If you would have to ship the item as you indicated it might be easier to either add a physical item to their order but only charge them for the general amount they actually ordered or just deduct the $5 when you enter the amounts for them to be charged and then pay the remaining balance yourself (that is one of the options when you get to the payment process). You can actually do a practice order with the real deal as long as you don't finalize the order. The other option that depending on how large the orders are might be the easiest thing is to call demo support and give them the order verbally and explain what you want to accomplish. They know how to handle that. Or they should anyway...since we as demos, have been doing it for quite some time. Best bet though is to figure out how to do it yourself since you may want to do this again.

Sara Levin

sdbus@sudsol.com

sdbus@sudsol.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Stampin-Discuss-Business-Summary-Business-Topics-tp23539.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: PROG: Stampin’ Discuss Business Summary - Business Topics

Susan Mezias

Can someone please tell me if Flex points are generally like Great Rewards?  Thanks so much.

Susan Mezias
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

From: SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23554h46@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <susanmezias@>
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2015 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: PROG: Stampin’ Discuss Business Summary - Business Topics

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE:%20PROG:%20Stampin%E2%80%99%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@

Great post.
Thanks,
Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@

From: ml-node+s1100894n23539h54@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n23539h54@.nabble ]

TheArtfulInker@?subject=PROG:%20Stampin’%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

FEATURED THIS WEEK:

Flex Points

Sara Levin
sdbus@
Flex Points

Replies:

Details:
· Since these points are promotional, they will not count towards the 500,000 flex point cap for the year.
· Flex points earned during this promotion can be used on any Flex Account item (that's right, no restrictions)!
· Additional flex points will not be awarded to demonstrators who exceed $300 in sales in September.
· Deadlines: To earn flex points, the $300 sales requirement must be met by 11:59 PM (MT) on September 30, 2015.
There will also be the redemptions according to the chart (though the actual levels might change by October so take the chart with a grain of salt) and according to the compensation plan document and DS there will also be various other items (perhaps logo items?) that will also be available using points - much like the Great Rewards menu - that list will be found under the Ordering tab on the demo site. We won't be seeing that list until October though.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a Facebook page for my SU business. I have a DBWS and a blog, but I don't do much on either. I'm wondering what some of the pro's and con's to doing FB are. Any information would be sincerely appreciated.

Replies

I feel like it is a great asset to my business. It was really great when it was connected to my DBWS as when I posted there it would cross post for me. I wish they could get it fixed so it would work again. It also helps people who may research businesses find you in your local area. I feel like it easier to direct people to my Facebook Business page first as most can search for me easily on Facebook. Hope this helps.
Thanks . I often wonder if just other demo's peruse Facebook. I can hardly keep up with my family let alone a business page...lol!

I'm getting frustrated help! I am just giving a small $5 discount to those that play a game with me with new catalog but not if I don't know HOW to actually do it. I'm to the point where I might just have to offer a physical item to them of a certain value but THEN I'll have to ship it to them...

Replies

If you are physically meeting with the customers then yep...the advice to give a physical item is super. If you would have to ship the item as you indicated it might be easier to either add a physical item to their order but only charge them for the general amount they actually ordered or just deduct the $5 when you enter the amounts for them to be charged and then pay the remaining balance yourself (that is one of the options when you get to the payment process). You can actually do a practice order with the real deal as long as you don't finalize the order. The other option that depending on how large the orders are might be the easiest thing is to call demo support and give them the order verbally and explain what you want to accomplish. They know how to handle that. Or they should anyway...since we as demos, have been doing it for quite some time. Best bet though is to figure out how to do it yourself since you may want to do this again.
Sara Levin
sdbus@

sdbus@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Stampin-Discuss-Business-Summary-Business-Topics-tp23539.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@.nabble
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Stampin-Discuss-Business-Summary-Business-Topics-tp23539p23554.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h65@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

Think of them like Great Rewards points on steroids. They'll be good for more than just product and catalogs. 

Sara

On Friday, September 4, 2015, SUDSOL [Susan Mezias] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n23557h59@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;susanmezias@yahoo.com?subject%5Cx3dRe:%2BSU!:%2BPROG:%2BStampin%5Cu2019%2BDiscuss%2BBusiness%2BSummary%2B-%2BBusiness%2BTopics&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Susan Mezias privately at susanmezias@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;susanmezias@yahoo.com&#39;);" target="_blank">susanmezias@...

Can someone please tell me if Flex points are generally like Great Rewards?  Thanks so much.

Susan Mezias

From: SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23554h46@.nabble>

coleen@...?subject=RE:%20PROG:%20Stampin%E2%80%99%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@

Great post.
Thanks,
Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@

From: ml-node+s1100894n23539h54@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n23539h54@.nabble ]

TheArtfulInker@?subject=PROG:%20Stampin’%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

FEATURED THIS WEEK:

Flex Points

Sara Levin
sdbus@
Flex Points

Replies:

Details:

Replies

Replies

Sara Levin
sdbus@

sdbus@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;coleen@sudsol.com&#39;);" target="_blank">coleen@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Stampin-Discuss-Business-Summary-Business-Topics-tp23539p23554.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Susan Mezias, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;susanmezias@yahoo.com&#39;);" target="_blank">susanmezias@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Stampin-Discuss-Business-Summary-Business-Topics-tp23539p23557.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h85@...

--
Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

Really? We can decide to pay part of a customer's amount due on product? I thought that option was only on shipping.

Sue Erickson, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Life is good when you walk with God!

http://creationsbysue.stampinup.net
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

What would you do with some extra cash? Want a job where you decide when to work and how much you want to earn? Contact me for more details!

On Friday, September 4, 2015 9:41 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23559h7@.nabble> wrote:

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20PROG:%20Stampin%E2%80%99%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics

Think of them like Great Rewards points on steroids. They'll be good for more than just product and catalogs.

Sara

On Friday, September 4, 2015, SUDSOL [Susan Mezias] via Business Talk < ml-node%2Bs1100894n23557h59@.nabble > wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;susanmezias@?subject%5Cx3dRe:%2BSU!:%2BPROG:%2BStampin%5Cu2019%2BDiscuss%2BBusiness%2BSummary%2B-%2BBusiness%2BTopics&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Susan Mezias privately at susanmezias@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;susanmezias@&#39;);" target="_blank">susanmezias@...

Can someone please tell me if Flex points are generally like Great Rewards? Thanks so much.
Susan Mezias

coleen@...?subject=RE:%20PROG:%20Stampin%E2%80%99%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics

Great post.
Thanks,
Coleen
Alamosa, CO, coleen@

FEATURED THIS WEEK:

Flex Points

Sara Levin
sdbus@
Flex Points

Replies:

Details:

Replies

Replies

Sara Levin
sdbus@

sdbus@

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;coleen@&#39;);" target="_blank">coleen@...

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Susan Mezias, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;susanmezias@&#39;);" target="_blank">susanmezias@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Stampin-Discuss-Business-Summary-Business-Topics-tp23539p23557.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h85@.nabble&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h85@...

--
Sara Levin
theartfulinker@ (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Stampin-Discuss-Business-Summary-Business-Topics-tp23539p23559.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h71@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: PROG: Stampin’ Discuss Business Summary - Business Topics

Coleen Astalos

Yes, within OEX you can specify multiple payments on a customer order.

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com

From: ml-node+s1100894n23581h56@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23581h56@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2015 6:48 PM

akviewpt@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20PROG:%20Stampin’%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@yahoo.com

Really? We can decide to pay part of a customer's amount due on product? I thought that option was only on shipping.

Sue Erickson, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Life is good when you walk with God!

http://creationsbysue.stampinup.net
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

What would you do with some extra cash? Want a job where you decide when to work and how much you want to earn? Contact me for more details!

On Friday, September 4, 2015 9:41 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23559h7@.nabble> wrote:

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20PROG:%20Stampin%E2%80%99%20Discuss%20Business%20Summary%20-%20Business%20Topics

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

good news

CarolMatthews
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

Hello,

I've got a good news for you, you'lllike it for sure, read it here please http://stysirdyla.enetwarehouse.net/aevgvz

carolmatthews@.sympatico

Reply | Threaded
|

good news

CarolMatthews
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos

Hello,

I've got a good news for you, you'lllike it for sure, read it here please http://stysirdyla.enetwarehouse.net/aevgvz

carolmatthews@.sympatico