PROG: Chat & Challenge: Tuesday March 18th @ 6CT, 4PT,5MT,7ET.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PROG: Chat & Challenge: Tuesday March 18th @ 6CT, 4PT,5MT,7ET.

Shel Anderson

Here is the Challenge:

Make a card, a scrapbook page or a 3D project using the colors Basic Black, Old Olive and Whisper White. Inline image 3 

Here is my sample: 

Inline image 2
Here is the link to the gallery:

When:  Tuesday Mar 18th@6CT,4PT,5MT,7ET
Where:  In the SUDSOL classroom
How: You pick any current stamps/products and follow the sketch and stamp away while you chat.  When you are finished upload your card to the gallery. 
Why: Because it is fun, and your cards are inspiration for others
Chat Host:  Shel Anderson

I hope to see you all in the chat room, but if you can't make it, please play along and post your cards as inspiration for others. 

Remember, if I get more than 5 entries, I get to give away a free week of SUDSOL to a lucky winner!

How to Access:
To access the SUDSOL chat rooms, go to the SUDSOL main page (www.sudsol.or/members) and select "chat rooms" under the Community tab on the left. 
On the next page you can click on the "Guest" box and enter the name you wish for other people to see you as.  No password is required.  Then click the Login button. 
You can now access the chat room.  All our chats are held in the "Class" room.  Just click on the name of the room to take you there. 

Ipad or Android?
Chat is now available for Ipad and Android! Use the appropriate link below- download the app to your device, it's free!  When you launch, you can logging to our chat directly by entering the chat ID 405.

Apple Store:
Google Play:

How to Post to the Chat & Challenge Evening Gallery:
1.  Go to SUDSOL and sign in
2.  On the left side bar click "creative" then click "samples gallery" 
3.  A new window opens
4.  On the top click "register" (if you haven't already) and when registered click "upload photos" 
5.  Choose file saved on your computer and upload it
6.  Change the category to Chat & Challenge Evening
That is it!  You have uploaded your card and your work is now inspiring others! 
Shel Anderson
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Leader of Central Canada Stampers 
Phone: (204) 232-7744
Email:  shel@shelscreativecorner.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Spiral Flower Die Question... please help

Lois Folla

Hi,

This card is beautiful but I’m really fighting with my die to make roses.. any tips or hints..  I tried Ronda’s way, but I still can’t get it from popping up…  after I make it and I can’t fold the edges after I roll it to look as beautiful as below.

Thank you for any assistance…. 

Lois

Email: LoisFolla@gmail.com

Phone: 732.785.1558

Creative Blog: www.LoisFolla.com  

From: SUDSOL [Shel Anderson] via Chat Notices & Reminders [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n6991h37@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:35 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: PROG: Chat & Challenge: Tuesday March 18th @ 6CT, 4PT,5MT,7ET.

Here is the Challenge:

Make a card, a scrapbook page or a 3D project using the colors Basic Black, Old Olive and Whisper White. Inline image 3

Here is my sample:

Inline image 2

When: Tuesday Mar 18th@6CT,4PT,5MT,7ET

Where: In the SUDSOL classroom

How: You pick any current stamps/products and follow the sketch and stamp away while you chat. When you are finished upload your card to the gallery.

Why: Because it is fun, and your cards are inspiration for others

Chat Host: Shel Anderson

I hope to see you all in the chat room, but if you can't make it, please play along and post your cards as inspiration for others.

Remember, if I get more than 5 entries, I get to give away a free week of SUDSOL to a lucky winner!

How to Access:

To access the SUDSOL chat rooms, go to the SUDSOL main page (www.sudsol.or/members) and select "chat rooms" under the Community tab on the left.

On the next page you can click on the "Guest" box and enter the name you wish for other people to see you as. No password is required. Then click the Login button.

You can now access the chat room. All our chats are held in the "Class" room. Just click on the name of the room to take you there.

Ipad or Android?

Chat is now available for Ipad and Android! Use the appropriate link below- download the app to your device, it's free! When you launch, you can logging to our chat directly by entering the chat ID 405.

Apple Store:

Google Play:

1. Go to SUDSOL and sign in

2. On the left side bar click "creative" then click "samples gallery"

3. A new window opens

4. On the top click "register" (if you haven't already) and when registered click "upload photos"

5. Choose file saved on your computer and upload it

6. Change the category to Chat & Challenge Evening

That is it! You have uploaded your card and your work is now inspiring others!

Shel Anderson

Email: shel@shelscreativecorner.com

Shel Anderson
Chat & Challenge Coordinator
www.shel@...

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: shel@shelscreativecorner.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991.html

To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node+s1100894n5514h50@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Spiral Flower Die Question... please help

Shel Anderson

Hi Lois, 

I too was having GREAT difficulty until I sprayed the flower with water and then scrunched it up - carefully opened it and then started rolling. As I went along I pulled and curled the petals outward.  I used a glue dot every so often to hold it together and then used the Tombow on the bottom butt end. 
Once the Tombow was dry I fluffed and fussed with it and rolled the petals around a paint brush handle.  Hope this helps

Shel Anderson
Email:  shel@shelscreativecorner.com

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM, SUDSOL [follal] via Chat Notices & Reminders <ml-node+s1100894n7010h45@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

This card is beautiful but I’m really fighting with my die to make roses.. any tips or hints..  I tried Ronda’s way, but I still can’t get it from popping up…  after I make it and I can’t fold the edges after I roll it to look as beautiful as below.

Lois

From: SUDSOL [Shel Anderson] via Chat Notices & Reminders [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n6991h37@.nabble]

Here is the Challenge:

Here is my sample:

Inline image 2

How: You pick any current stamps/products and follow the sketch and stamp away while you chat. When you are finished upload your card to the gallery.

How to Access:

On the next page you can click on the "Guest" box and enter the name you wish for other people to see you as. No password is required. Then click the Login button.

You can now access the chat room. All our chats are held in the "Class" room. Just click on the name of the room to take you there.

Ipad or Android?

Chat is now available for Ipad and Android! Use the appropriate link below- download the app to your device, it's free! When you launch, you can logging to our chat directly by entering the chat ID 405.

Apple Store:

Google Play:

3. A new window opens

4. On the top click "register" (if you haven't already) and when registered click "upload photos"

Shel Anderson

Shel Anderson
www.shel@...

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: shel@shelscreativecorner.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991.html

To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n5514h50@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991p7010.html
To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n5514h69@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Spiral Flower Die Question... please help

tinabatori
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

I would suggest treating the edges before you roll it up.

Tina Batori
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
and
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

(541) 556-7714 cell

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM, SUDSOL [follal] via Chat Notices & Reminders <ml-node+s1100894n7010h4@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

Lois

Phone: <a href="tel:732.785.1558" value="+17327851558" target="_blank">732.785.1558

Here is the Challenge:

Here is my sample:

Inline image 2

How to Access:

Ipad or Android?

Apple Store:

Google Play:

3. A new window opens

Shel Anderson

Phone: <a href="tel:%28204%29%20232-7744" value="+12042327744" target="_blank">(204) 232-7744

Shel Anderson
www.shel@...

To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n5514h50@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991p7010.html
To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n5514h28@n5.nabble.com

Tina Batori
Eugene, Oregon
tbatori99@gmail.com
(541) 556-7714
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Spiral Flower Die Question... please help

Sara Levin
In reply to this post by Shel Anderson

Here's a video I made last week showing how to create a rose that has the shabby quality in the image you shared. 

http://theartfulinker.com/doing-the-twist

I recommend hot glue.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM, SUDSOL [Shel Anderson] via Chat Notices & Reminders <ml-node+s1100894n7011h33@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi Lois,

I too was having GREAT difficulty until I sprayed the flower with water and then scrunched it up - carefully opened it and then started rolling. As I went along I pulled and curled the petals outward. I used a glue dot every so often to hold it together and then used the Tombow on the bottom butt end.
Once the Tombow was dry I fluffed and fussed with it and rolled the petals around a paint brush handle. Hope this helps

Shel Anderson
Phone: <a href="tel:%28204%29%20232-7744" value="+12042327744" target="_blank">(204) 232-7744

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM, SUDSOL [follal] via Chat Notices & Reminders <ml-node%2Bs1100894n7010h45@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

This card is beautiful but I’m really fighting with my die to make roses.. any tips or hints.. I tried Ronda’s way, but I still can’t get it from popping up… after I make it and I can’t fold the edges after I roll it to look as beautiful as below.

Lois

Phone: <a href="tel:732.785.1558" value="+17327851558" target="_blank">732.785.1558

Here is the Challenge:

Here is my sample:

Inline image 2

How to Access:

Ipad or Android?

Apple Store:

Google Play:

3. A new window opens

Shel Anderson

Shel Anderson
www.shel@...

To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%252Bs1100894n5514h50@n5.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%252Bs1100894n5514h69@n5.nabble.com

Shel Anderson
www.shel@shelscreativecorner.blogspot.com

http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991p7011.html
To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n5514h26@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Spiral Flower Die Question... please help

davism

One of the members of our team uses isopropyl alcohol instead of water.  It dries quicker.  HTHs.  Mary
>^..^<
Mary Davis, senior supervisor from Yates County, New York
My ETSY store: Krafty Kuzins
http://marydstamper.stampinup.net
2011 featured sewer at Convention

---- "SUDSOL [Shel Anderson] via Chat Notices & Reminders" <ml-node+s1100894n7011h21@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
>  
> Hi Lois,
>
> I too was having GREAT difficulty until I sprayed the flower with water and
> then scrunched it up - carefully opened it and then started rolling. As I
> went along I pulled and curled the petals outward.  I used a glue dot every
> so often to hold it together and then used the Tombow on the bottom butt
> end.
> Once the Tombow was dry I fluffed and fussed with it and rolled the petals
> around a paint brush handle.  Hope this helps
>
> *Shel Anderson*
> Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
> Leader of Central Canada Stampers
> Phone: (204) 232-7744
> Email:  shel@
> Blog:  www.shelscreativecorner.blogspot.com
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM, SUDSOL [follal] via Chat Notices &
> Reminders <ml-node+s1100894n7010h45@.nabble> wrote:
>
> >
> > *Hi, *
> >
> >
> >
> > *This card is beautiful but I’m really fighting with my die to make
> > roses.. any tips or hints..  I tried Ronda’s way, but I still can’t get it
> > from popping up…  after I make it and I can’t fold the edges after I roll
> > it to look as beautiful as below. *
> >
> >
> >
> > *Thank you for any assistance….  *
> >
> >
> >
> > Lois
> >
> >
> >
> > Email: LoisFolla@
> >
> > Phone: 732.785.1558
> >
> > Creative Blog: www.LoisFolla.com <http://www.loisfolla.com/>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > *From:* SUDSOL [Shel Anderson] via Chat Notices & Reminders [mailto:
> > ml-node+s1100894n6991h37@.nabble]
> > *Sent:* Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:35 PM
> > *To:* SUDSOL Group
> > *Subject:* SU!: PROG: Chat & Challenge: Tuesday March 18th @ 6CT,
> > 4PT,5MT,7ET.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Here is the Challenge:
> >
> >
> >
> > Make a card, a scrapbook page or a 3D project using the colors Basic
> > Black, Old Olive and Whisper White. [image: Inline image 3]
> >
> >
> >
> > Here is my sample:
> >
> >
> >
> > [image: Inline image 2]
> >
> > Here is the link to the gallery:
> >
> > http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3144
> >
> >
> >
> > *When*: Tuesday Mar 18th@6CT,4PT,5MT,7ET
> >
> > *Where*: In the SUDSOL classroom
> >
> > *How*: You pick any current stamps/products and follow the sketch and
> > stamp away while you chat. When you are finished upload your card to the
> > gallery.
> >
> > *Why:* Because it is fun, and your cards are inspiration for others
> >
> > *Chat Host*: Shel Anderson
> >
> >
> >
> > *I hope to see you all in the chat room, but if you can't make it, please
> > play along and post your cards as inspiration for others. *
> >
> >
> >
> > Remember, if I get more than 5 entries, I get to give away a free week of
> > SUDSOL to a lucky winner!
> >
> >
> >
> > *How to Access*:
> >
> > To access the SUDSOL chat rooms, go to the SUDSOL main page (
> > www.sudsol.or/members) and select "chat rooms" under the Community tab on
> > the left.
> >
> > On the next page you can click on the "Guest" box and enter the name you
> > wish for other people to see you as. No password is required. Then click
> > the Login button.
> >
> > You can now access the chat room. All our chats are held in the "Class"
> > room. Just click on the name of the room to take you there.
> >
> >
> >
> > *Ipad or Android?*
> >
> > Chat is now available for Ipad and Android! Use the appropriate link
> > below- download the app to your device, it's free! When you launch, you can
> > logging to our chat directly by entering the chat ID 405.
> >
> >
> >
> > Apple Store:
> >
> > http://itunes.apple.com/us.app/123flashchat/id517139646?ls-1&mt=8
> >
> > Google Play:
> >
> > https://play.google.com/store/app/detailsid=air.com.topcmmA123flashchat
> >
> >
> >
> > *How to Post to the Chat & Challenge Evening Gallery:*
> >
> > 1. Go to SUDSOL and sign in
> >
> > 2. On the left side bar click "creative" then click "samples gallery"
> >
> > 3. A new window opens
> >
> > 4. On the top click "register" (if you haven't already) and when
> > registered click "upload photos"
> >
> > 5. Choose file saved on your computer and upload it
> >
> > 6. Change the category to Chat & Challenge Evening
> >
> > That is it! You have uploaded your card and your work is now inspiring
> > others!
> >
> >   *Shel Anderson*
> >
> > Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
> >
> > Leader of Central Canada Stampers
> >
> > Phone: (204) 232-7744
> >
> > Email: shel@
> >
> > Blog: www.shelscreativecorner.blogspot.com
> >
> > Shel Anderson
> > Chat & Challenge Coordinator
> > www.shel@... <http://www.shel@...>
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > *If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> > address to: shel@ <shel@>*
> >
> > *If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> > discussion below:*
> >
> >
> > http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991.html
> >
> > To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email
> > ml-node+s1100894n5514h50@.nabble
> > To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >  If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> > address to: lois@
> > If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991p7010.html
> >  To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email
> > ml-node+s1100894n5514h69@.nabble
> > To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here<
> > .
> >
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Shel Anderson
> Chat & Challenge Coordinator
> www.shel@.blogspot
> _______________________________________________
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: shel@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
>
http://forum.sudsol.org/PROG-Chat-Challenge-Tuesday-March-18th-6CT-4PT-5MT-7ET-tp6991p7011.html
> Additional Text
> To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node+s1100894n5514h14@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, visit
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Spiral Flower Die Question... please help

Lois Folla

Thank you all for your suggestions… I totally forgot to wet the paper first!!  I will try all the tricks and tips you ladies sent me…

Much appreciated!

Lois

From: SUDSOL [Shel Anderson] via Chat Notices & Reminders [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n7011h57@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 12:46 PM
Subject: SU!: Re: Spiral Flower Die Question... please help

Hi Lois,

I too was having GREAT difficulty until I sprayed the flower with water and then scrunched it up - carefully opened it and then started rolling. As I went along I pulled and curled the petals outward. I used a glue dot every so often to hold it together and then used the Tombow on the bottom butt end.

Once the Tombow was dry I fluffed and fussed with it and rolled the petals around a paint brush handle. Hope this helps

Shel Anderson

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM, SUDSOL [follal] via Chat Notices & Reminders <ml-node+s1100894n7010h45@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

This card is beautiful but I’m really fighting with my die to make roses.. any tips or hints.. I tried Ronda’s way, but I still can’t get it from popping up… after I make it and I can’t fold the edges after I roll it to look as beautiful as below.

Lois

From: SUDSOL [Shel Anderson] via Chat Notices & Reminders [ml-node+s1100894n6991h37@.nabble]

Here is the Challenge:

Here is my sample:

Inline image 2

How to Access:

Ipad or Android?

Apple Store:

Google Play:

3. A new window opens

Shel Anderson

Shel Anderson
www.shel@...

To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n5514h69@n5.nabble.com

Shel Anderson
www.shel@...

To start a new topic under Chat Notices & Reminders, email ml-node+s1100894n5514h50@n5.nabble.com