Ornate Garden Dies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ornate Garden Dies

Kathy Slamar
I just received by Ornate Garden suite and it is gorgeous!  However, I found that the only way I can get the intricate dies to cut is by using my Precision Plate.  that isn't a problem for me, but we no longer sell it.  I'm wondering how to present this to my customers who do not have the Precision Plate.  I tried other methods (using a shim) but it did not work.

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Ornate Garden Dies

Char Stiehl

I found that if I cut them with the blade part up and paper on top it works a lot better.  I used a bit of Post-it Note tape to hold the die in place.

Char Stiehl

From: ml+s1100894n52280h98@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52280h98@.nabble>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 8:14 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <chars@>
Subject: SU!: Ornate Garden Dies

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Ornate%20Garden%20Dies

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I just received by Ornate Garden suite and it is gorgeous!  However, I found that the only way I can get the intricate dies to cut is by using my Precision Plate.  that isn't a problem for me, but we no longer sell it.  I'm wondering how to present this to my customers who do not have the Precision Plate.  I tried other methods (using a shim) but it did not work.

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Ornate-Garden-Dies-tp52280.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Ornate Garden Dies

shelly peck

I found that I had to run it through with parchment paper between die and cardstock. Then run through big shot backwards and forward 2 times . I had one die that one side never worked had replaced

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020, 8:36 AM SUDSOL [Char Stiehl] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n52281h56@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
chars@cox.net?subject=RE:+Ornate+Garden+Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chars@cox.net

I found that if I cut them with the blade part up and paper on top it works a lot better.  I used a bit of Post-it Note tape to hold the die in place.

Char Stiehl

kathy@...?subject=Ornate%20Garden%20Dies

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I just received by Ornate Garden suite and it is gorgeous!  However, I found that the only way I can get the intricate dies to cut is by using my Precision Plate.  that isn't a problem for me, but we no longer sell it.  I'm wondering how to present this to my customers who do not have the Precision Plate.  I tried other methods (using a shim) but it did not work.

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Ornate-Garden-Dies-tp52280.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h92@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Ornate-Garden-Dies-tp52280p52281.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h19@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman
In reply to this post by Char Stiehl

Like the idea.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM SUDSOL [Char Stiehl] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n52281h31@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
chars@cox.net?subject=RE:+Ornate+Garden+Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chars@cox.net

Char Stiehl

kathy@...?subject=Ornate%20Garden%20Dies

I just received by Ornate Garden suite and it is gorgeous!  However, I found that the only way I can get the intricate dies to cut is by using my Precision Plate.  that isn't a problem for me, but we no longer sell it.  I'm wondering how to present this to my customers who do not have the Precision Plate.  I tried other methods (using a shim) but it did not work.

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h92@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Ornate-Garden-Dies-tp52280p52281.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h94@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
stampnjoan@gmail.com

Cell: 502-548-5886
Phone: 502-239-4475

Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

Sandbox time to let SU know.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 11:14 AM SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n52280h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
kathy@slamar.com?subject=Ornate+Garden+Dies

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h94@n7.nabble.com
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@gmail.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar
In reply to this post by Char Stiehl

Great idea!  thanks

Kathy

On Mar 28, 2020, at 10:36 AM, SUDSOL [Char Stiehl] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n52281h70@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

chars@cox.net?subject=RE:%20Ornate%20Garden%20Dies

Char Stiehl

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Ornate%20Garden%20Dies

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Ornate Garden Dies, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Antinonem
In reply to this post by Joan Norman

It can be purchased from Sizzx
Micki

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n52284h6@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Sat, Mar 28, 2020 9:19 am
Subject: Re: SU!: Ornate Garden Dies

stampnjoan@gmail.com?subject=Re:%2520SU!:%2520Ornate%2520Garden%2520Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@

Sandbox time to let SU know.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 11:14 AM SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As < ml%2Bs1100894n52280h0@.nabble > wrote:
kathy@?subject=Ornate+Garden+Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@

I just received by Ornate Garden suite and it is gorgeous! However, I found that the only way I can get the intricate dies to cut is by using my Precision Plate. that isn't a problem for me, but we no longer sell it. I'm wondering how to present this to my customers who do not have the Precision Plate. I tried other methods (using a shim) but it did not work.

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h94@.nabble
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Joan Norman, please change the email address to: stampnjoan@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Ornate-Garden-Dies-tp52280p52284.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h76@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

hold on for... Re: SU!: Ornate Garden Dies

Nancy Legate

... Stampin' Up!'s new die cutting machine. I know they said it would NOT be out with the new catalog, but sometime this year. 🤞🤞🤞

I only hope it is as good as my Gemini die cutting machine (by Crafter's Companion) I have used for the past several years. Cuts the most intricate dies out with NO problems ... with just ONE pass through!

Otherwise, others have listed several ideas to try, but none have worked for me... hoping they work for you.

Have A Stampingly Day!

Nancy Legate

Abingdon, IL   309-368-8005

- - - - - - - - -

On 3/28/2020 10:14 AM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As wrote:
kathy@slamar.com?subject=Ornate Garden Dies

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h34@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Talbot

I found that if I cut them one way, and then turned the die 1/4 turn and run them through again, it cut perfectly.

Chris Talbot

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 9:14 AM SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n52280h79@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
kathy@slamar.com?subject=Ornate+Garden+Dies

Any thoughts?

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h73@n7.nabble.com