classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Organizing Tips to Share

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
Do you have any new organizing tips to share with the rest of us?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Organizing Tips to Share

Patti Scanlan
Administrator
When I am doing a workshop/party, etc - I use a specific tote for each project (i got matching 31 caddies). As i make/design the project I drop the items used into the tote. Then I know I won't forget everything! One tote per project - holds all the cardstock, stamps, inks, etc that I need

Patti

Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Patti Scanlan Fort Peck, Montana
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

grantj

Patti, 

What kind of totes & how do you store them?

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:51 PM, SUDSOL [Patti Scanlan] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57534h53@.nabble> wrote:

patti@sudsol.com?subject=Re: Organizing Tips to Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: patti@

When I am doing a workshop/party, etc - I use a specific tote for each project (i got matching 31 caddies). As i make/design the project I drop the items used into the tote. Then I know I won't forget everything! One tote per project - holds all the cardstock, stamps, inks, etc that I need

Patti

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Patti Scanlan, please change the email address to: patti@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57534.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I also use Thirty-One totes for storage.  I really like the cubes for storing DSP.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com
Join Bluegrass Stampers on FB

On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:00 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57533h64@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Organizing Tips to Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

Like Patti, I put all the pieces to each project in a tote but I use rectangular food storage containers.
Sue Erickson

On Feb 17, 2021, at 5:18 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57536h94@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Organizing%20Tips%20to%20Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

I also use Thirty-One totes for storage.  I really like the cubes for storing DSP.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:00 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57533h64@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57536.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

Upon receiving new stamps and dies, I cross reference each by putting a label
Onto insert with the opposing names.  Example:  matches Xyz/#/catty on
Stamp set.  Then xyz/#/catty on die set.  If anything happens to me, my 
Granddaughter can easily match up and sell together.  A lot easier for me 
As well!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 17, 2021, at 8:18 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57536h62@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57536.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Barbara’s tip reminded me of something else I do.  I keep my dies that are specific to a stamp set inside the stamp set case.  I purchased magnet sheets from Amazon that fit perfectly in our cases and are peel and stick.  I stick the magnet in the front cover, attach the dies, and then cover it with the paper die insert, so the dies don’t come into contact with the stamps.  Works great! 

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 17, 2021, at 11:37 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57538h19@.nabble> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@

As well!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 17, 2021, at 8:18 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57536h62@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57538.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Organizing Tips to Share

donnab07
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I don’t think this is new, but storing scraps always seems to be a problem.  I transfer my 8-1/2” x 11” cardstock to our large cello bags, then place my cardstock scraps in the same bag.  Works like a charm for me.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n57533h65@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n57533h65@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 12:00 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Organizing%20Tips%20to%20Share

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

Patti Scanlan
Administrator
In reply to this post by grantj

The ones I have aren’t available anymore – but there are so many cute options (and honestly – a lot at Walmart/target, etc).  The ones I use are not the big totes, but more like their little caddies. Small, easy to store (the push down flat).   

The ones I think would work well now (if I didn’t already have mine) are:

• Fold N File
  • Double Duty
  • Get Creative
  • Little Carry All

Fun that you can also get them embroidered too.

If you don’t have a 31 consultant – I have a friend who is a SU! demo and 31 consultant I can hook you up with 😊

Patti

From: ml+s1100894n57535h30@.nabble <ml+s1100894n57535h30@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:09 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <patti@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Organizing%20Tips%20to%20Share

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Patti, 

Sent from my iPad

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL

(217) 415-1860

revjanstamps@

On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:51 PM, SUDSOL [Patti Scanlan] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57534h53@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: patti@

Patti

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Patti Scanlan, please change the email address to: patti@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57534.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57535.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

I have to see what it have. I have a bunch of little caddy’s for Christmas that could be used the rest of the year. I will keep you in mind for a consultant, mine just quit after 11 years.

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 18, 2021, at 2:02 PM, SUDSOL [Patti Scanlan] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57542h1@.nabble> wrote:

patti@sudsol.com?subject=RE: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

The ones I have aren’t available anymore – but there are so many cute options (and honestly – a lot at Walmart/target, etc). The ones I use are not the big totes, but more like their little caddies. Small, easy to store (the push down flat).

The ones I think would work well now (if I didn’t already have mine) are:

• Fold N File
  • Double Duty
  • Get Creative
  • Little Carry All

Fun that you can also get them embroidered too.

If you don’t have a 31 consultant – I have a friend who is a SU! demo and 31 consultant I can hook you up with 😊

Patti

From: ml+s1100894n57535h30@.nabble <ml+s1100894n57535h30@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:09 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <patti@>

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Organizing%20Tips%20to%20Share

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Patti, 

Sent from my iPad

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL

(217) 415-1860

revjanstamps@

Patti

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57535.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57542.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Becky Cummins
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

Hi Jeanne,  The other day you talked about magnet sheets that you got from Amazon.  I have done the same thing by putting the dies in the stamp case, but have used magnetic register covers that I have to cut to size.  Can you tell me what the brand is from Amazon and the specifics for ordering.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Becky in Battle Creek
Firstgr22@

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57539h27@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Thu, Feb 18, 2021 9:11 am

Barbara’s tip reminded me of something else I do.  I keep my dies that are specific to a stamp set inside the stamp set case.  I purchased magnet sheets from Amazon that fit perfectly in our cases and are peel and stick.  I stick the magnet in the front cover, attach the dies, and then cover it with the paper die insert, so the dies don’t come into contact with the stamps.  Works great! 

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 17, 2021, at 11:37 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57538h19@.nabble > wrote:

Tnstampingranny@?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@

As well!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 17, 2021, at 8:18 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57536h62@.nabble > wrote:

stampingal@?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:00 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57533h64@.nabble > wrote:

clindmeier@?subject=Organizing Tips to Share

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57538.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57539.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Here’s the link for the magnetic sheets I use.

They also come in 50 and 100.  Be sure to get the adhesive ones.  And, they are made in the USA!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Feb 19, 2021, at 12:24 PM, SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57548h29@.nabble> wrote:

Firstgr22@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@

Hi Jeanne,  The other day you talked about magnet sheets that you got from Amazon.  I have done the same thing by putting the dies in the stamp case, but have used magnetic register covers that I have to cut to size.  Can you tell me what the brand is from Amazon and the specifics for ordering.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Becky in Battle Creek
Firstgr22@

From: SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57539h27@.nabble>

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 17, 2021, at 11:37 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57538h19@.nabble > wrote:

Tnstampingranny@?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

As well!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 17, 2021, at 8:18 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57536h62@.nabble > wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:00 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57533h64@.nabble > wrote:

clindmeier@?subject=Organizing Tips to Share

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57539.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky Cummins, please change the email address to: Firstgr22@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57548.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Becky Cummins

Thank you soooo much.  This is different from the one I found.  With this one, I will know it has been "seasoned Sudsol stamper" tested!   Enjoy your evening!

Becky in Battle Creek.

From: SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57549h37@.nabble>
Sent: Fri, Feb 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Here’s the link for the magnetic sheets I use.

They also come in 50 and 100.  Be sure to get the adhesive ones.  And, they are made in the USA!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Feb 19, 2021, at 12:24 PM, SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57548h29@.nabble > wrote:

Firstgr22@?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@

TIA.
Becky in Battle Creek
Firstgr22@

From: SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n57539h27@.nabble >
To: SUDSOL Group < Firstgr22@ >

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

Sent from my iPad

Tnstampingranny@ ?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

As well!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

stampingal@ ?subject=Re: SU!: Organizing Tips to Share

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

clindmeier@ ?subject=Organizing Tips to Share

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky Cummins, please change the email address to: Firstgr22@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57548.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organizing-Tips-to-Share-tp57533p57549.html