classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Organization Tips Please

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
What is your best organizational tip? What has worked best for you?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Organization Tips Please

grantj

Label. Label. LABEL. Even in clear containers and open bins, it helps.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@comcast.net

On Jul 3, 2019, at 5:15 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48838h77@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Organization Tips Please
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organization-Tips-Please-tp48838.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

For me it  was labeling the clear containers that I use to put my make & takes in. Each one gets it’s own clear container/bin with all the items needed to make that M&T. I label the container and the lid with the same letter of the alphabet. That way I know immediately which lid (top) goes with which container as I keep all the lids in one big bin and stack the containers.
I now have A-E.

Nola
Prescott, AZ

On Jul 3, 2019, at 3:19 PM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48839h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Organization%20Tips%20Please
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Label. Label. LABEL. Even in clear containers and open bins, it helps.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860

On Jul 3, 2019, at 5:15 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48838h77@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organization-Tips-Please-tp48838.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organization-Tips-Please-tp48838p48839.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Gardner
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I put my dies on magnet cards with a photocopy of the dies on the back of the card. I label it with the catalog number and the price. I then put it in a plastic sleeve so the dies don’t get lost.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2019, at 6:15 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48838h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h36@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Organization Tips Please

donnab07

Of my most useful organization tips is to write on the stamp set insert or package of DSP the catalog that the item appeared in, along with the page number and the price.  This helps me when a customer in a class asks where they can find it, and is also is very useful when I decide to sell the item.  I don’t have to look through old catalogs to find it, which is very time consuming.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n48838h20@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48838h20@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:15 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: Organization Tips Please

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Organization%20Tips%20Please

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Organization Tips Please

Lois Folla

I LOVE organization! A few of my times are:

1. On the front of a stamp set with a coordinating Framelit, I stick a label with the name of the framelit.
  2. I put all my framelits on a magnet sheet with a label of the name of the framelit & how many pcs on the left side and on the right side is a label with the name of the ss.
  3. Where I store my stamp pads, I put labels in each slot so not only I know where each color goes back but so do my customers if they are in my office
  4. Once the ss and framelt retires, I put the magnet sheet with the framelit in with the ss and keep it if desired. This way it’s all together.
  5. I have a Power point of all the SU supplies I own current or retired. This offers all the photos of what I have.
  6. I also have an excel spread sheet of the same. This offers the names of all I have.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!!!

Lois

Lois Folla, Independent Stampin' Up! Manager

Paper Craft Classes/Clubs/Parties & More Available 

Phone: 732-598-5026

Calendar of Events:  www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net 

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

Love It. Live It. Share It 

From: ml+s1100894n48838h94@.nabble <ml+s1100894n48838h94@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:15 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: SU!: Organization Tips Please

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Organization%20Tips%20Please

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Organization Tips Please

Kathy Langosh
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

First and foremost, I love all the great ideas members share to help us organize.

My tip is:  I buy mailing envelopes 9"x14"(approximately) and cut them to the length of 12" long by 8".  Tape the 8" closed to make a smaller envelope.  I have one of these for each SU color in my filing system.  I save  all my scraps (useable sizes only) and when I'm cutting with dies I use all the pieces of the color up before cutting into a fresh piece of stock.  It's a little work when you first start this system, but I use all my scraps up quickly.  Of course, white and black seem to be bigger folders, but still when stamping sentiments you can use a lot of the scraps up quickly.
Kathleen Langosh
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Diane Gardner

I keep one of our 9” x6” cello bags for each color of cardstock i have with the pack of card stock to put the scraps in. If the piece is too large, I cut it to a 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” size.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 3, 2019, at 6:06 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48848h66@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

dggard@bellsouth.net?subject=Re: SU!: Organization Tips Please
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@bellsouth.net

I put my dies on magnet cards with a photocopy of the dies on the back of the card. I label it with the catalog number and the price. I then put it in a plastic sleeve so the dies don’t get lost.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2019, at 6:15 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48838h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h36@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@bellsouth.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Organization-Tips-Please-tp48838p48848.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Rachel Brooks

I have a series of 6 x 6 containers I use to organize scraps and diecuts.  I separate narrow strips from wide strips (save hunting through a large stack), stitched shapes each shape in its own box, plain shapes, scalloped shapes, etc.  I put leftover diecuts (sailboats, lighthouse, dogs, cats, etc) into a 6 x 8 SU bag and they go into my folder for ideas for that set/topic.  

Rachel Brooks
Reply | Threaded
|

Accountability partners

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Diane Gardner

You know almost all of us have those things we know we need to do but just don’t get around to doing. Or there are things we would like to do but put off getting done. Having an accountability partner or two helps get those things done. Contact Joyce Pacer and sign up. I’ve participated in this program several times and it really helps me stay focused because I have to report what I’ve accomplished on a weekly basis.

Sent from my iPad
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
My best organization tip is...

Regardless of whether you have a stamp room, stamp corner/cabinet or neither/boxes, try to keep all your supplies in the same area. Not only does it make accessing them easier, it also helps you stay in control of how much you have because you can see how much space it occupies. Along with this, do not go out and buy additional storage because what you have won’t fit in what you already own. Think about whether what you really need to do is the “one thing in, one thing out” rule.  I wish I had followed these organizing tips YEARS ago, before my own situation got out of control.