Old embossing powder

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Old embossing powder

Maggie Funke
Can embossing powder get old? My customer has some EP that is 20-25 years old. When using it is flat after heating.
Stmpr5
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Old embossing powder

Cathy Hansen
<quote author="Maggie Funke">
Can embossing powder get old? My customer has some EP that is 20-25 years old. When using it is flat after heating.

I also have some really old embossing powder in my stash -- some as much as 35 years old.  I've never had this problem with any of it.  Perhaps your customer is heating it too long?  Overheating will first melt the embossing powder and then kind of evaporate and flatten it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Old embossing powder

Sara Levin

Often what makes it seem “old” is the absorption of humidity. Have your customer add a few grains of rice to the embossing powder and put it in an air tight container. Usually overnight is enough to refresh it. Then just leave the rice in. 

Sara

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 7:15 AM SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n39811h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=Re:+Old+embossing+powder
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

I also have some really old embossing powder in my stash -- some as much as 35 years old.  I've never had this problem with any of it.  Perhaps your customer is heating it too long?  Overheating will first melt the embossing powder and then kind of evaporate and flatten it.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Old-embossing-powder-tp39810p39811.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
--
Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Old embossing powder

Maggie Funke
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

Thank you. 

MAF
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 18, 2017, at 6:15 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39811h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=Re: Old embossing powder
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

I also have some really old embossing powder in my stash -- some as much as 35 years old.  I've never had this problem with any of it.  Perhaps your customer is heating it too long?  Overheating will first melt the embossing powder and then kind of evaporate and flatten it.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Old-embossing-powder-tp39810p39811.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h53@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Stmpr5