October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Lois Folla

Chart Changes for Hostesses as of 2015 10 LoisFolladotcom.jpg (80K) Download Attachment

Hi Ladies,

I was just watching Shelli and I’m a visual person so I put the current charge with the new chart for Hostesses and thought I’d share it with you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lois

Lois Folla | Senior Manager | Stampin’ Up! ®

Inkie Spirits Leader Since 2000

Email: Lois@StampinPress.com | Phone: 732-785-1558

Blog: www. StampinPress.com | Address: 755 Hardean Rd, Brick, NJ 08724

Shop 24/7 Online at: www.LoisFolla.StampinUp.net

SU_Logo_ICS_300dpi_RGB

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Cindy Hills
So if I understand this, our hostesses will NOT get as much in hostess
benefits?  If so, they aren't going to like that.

Cindy Hills
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Ellen
I wonder what other direct sales companies are doing.  Seems like I
have seen a chart like this from one of the kitchen groups. All
Percentages no solid numbers.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Dakota

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Nancy Sutton
Stealing from Peter to pay Paul!  My customers are smart enough to see that old = $35.00 for $200.00 sales and new = $20.00 for $200.00 sales.  I don't know about anyone else but I find it hard enough to get hostesses on board now, in the future it will be harder.  Essentially it will be harder to get hostesses so that means a decrease in sales.  I don't want to be the negative Nancy (literally) but I don't see myself making more money here, it has just tipped the scales the other way not changed the picture.

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, On
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net

A good day always includes stamping!!

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

teri Hopkins
I think the emphasis is definitely going to shift to recruiting, which makes sense for SU from the corporate standpoint.  Not so wonderful for us 'hobby' demonstrators.  L

~ Teri Hopkins

Supervisor from San Antonio, TX area

~ Teri Hopkins Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Renee Thompson
In reply to this post by Nancy Sutton
I am worried too. My main customers are my stamp club members who joined the club to get their $25 worth of hostess sets on their month. I'm having a hard enough time keeping them intetested. All it will take is 1 or 2 to drop and I'll have to give it up.

The other customers come to my house and pay a fee to make 3 cards monthly but I only have a few of them and I use that money to buy supplies for the next month.

I don't like to be negative either but it's sounding discouraging.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Renee’ Thompson www.justbecreative.stampinup.net airyelle@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Mary Jo Price-Williams
Has anyone come up with a positive for customers about this.  I am at a
loss how to explain this to my existing customers who have been with my
for 15 years and know the hostess benefits by heart.  Change is one
thing but this is pretty big from a hostess stand point.  And in all
honesty I am ebarrassed to tell new hostess--my average parties are
around $200-$250 so they will be significantly lower.  It might be good
for big parties but I don't see many of those any more.  Very seldom.  
So anyone have any positives to share yet?  This could be the change
that makes me drop--I would not want to host for that small amount.  
Usually when I host parties for other companies I have a hard time
picking out the product I am allotted.  A $200 party barely gets you one
stamp set.

Mary Jo Price-Williams
web:www.technostamper.com <http://technostamper.blogspot.com/>
e:mail  yourrep@verizon.net
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

Cindy Hills
In reply to this post by Renee Thompson
I don't understand why they did this?  Wasn't the change to this  Hostess
benefits chart years ago to help the smaller hostesses out that don't have
big parties?   My hostesses don't have big parties anymore.  What will be
the incentive with this new rewards plan?  Nothing.  They will look at the
present chart and ask if we are out of our minds?

So I think it is all time to write to stampin up!!!  Let's do it or we'll
all be out of business next year!!

Cindy Hills
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Mary Jo Price-Williams
Mary Jo,

I am sitting here with the same mind-set.  This may be what makes me drop too.  Really the only thing that has kept me with Stampin’ Up! Is the paper/ink coordination. I have begged for humorous stamp sets in every survey I have taken.  My customers beg for them too.  While I love what we have, it is what we don’t have that disappoints me.

I can’t even honestly recruit someone now with that type of hostess benefit plan. I have a young girl, ok scratch that, she’s 23, graduated from nursing school a year and a half ago, she tells me “I can see how much you enjoy being a demonstrator! Do you make money at this? Can I?”  I told her, it depended on how much work she was ready/able to put into it.

So, come October 2015, I may not be a demo either.  Because we may not have many customers or hostess.  Most hostesses spend more than $15 to host a party.  They are not going to do that if that is their return on the party.

SU is trying to encourage the hostess to go after larger sales, but it doesn’t seem much of an incentive. A dollar for every 10 in sales until you reach the $300 mark, and then it’s 12%. This is really embarrassing. Because they are EARNING $50 right now for a $300 party. Next year it will be $36.

I’m sure there will be people that can spin it, but I have intelligent customers, that have been stamping with SU for years, so they know all about SU, and how things have been changing.  Two are former demos.  

Diane
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Nancy Sutton
But Pat always seems to have more than enough money!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Mary Jo Price-Williams
I was thinking the same thing! If these changes actually go through then my business will do better if I discontinue my demonstrator status and go back to using whatever company products I desire. Especially since at this point most of my sales are from class fees and finished product. :(

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

Phyllis Strickland
The thing is this hurts us too when we are the hostess to get supplies for classes and Workshops.  It would take a significant increase in instant income to make up for that and I don't see that happening in the lower sales levels

It's just like the economy, the top people get more and more and all the rest of us get less. I doubt the people at the top out there get any decreases

Maybe it's time to take a look at that new company that was mentioned recently. This might be a boon for his company

Phyllis Strickland
Goodville PA

Sent from my iPad

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Coleen Astalos
Phyllis Strickland wrote
It's just like the economy, the top people get more and more and all the rest of us get less. I doubt the people at the top out there get any decreases
We don't know what else is coming with the compensation plan.  Remember, these less $$'s to hostesses may translate to more $$'s for us - they've said they're making these changes to reallocating funds.

I'm a basically optimistic person and will wait until I see it all before I make any decisions about how it's going to impact my business.  We've got until June next year to figure it all out.

Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

donnab07
In reply to this post by Diane Harman
This change will put me in a real quandary.  I have had a successful stamp club for two years, and am looking forward to a third.  There are 6 members in the club, so each gets to be hostess twice a year.  With this change happening in June, the club member who is hostess that month is going to get “cheated”.  I don’t know how I am going to handle that.

I also agree with someone’s statement about getting to enjoy hostess benefits myself.  I offer classes each month, and the hostess benefits I earn save me a LOT of money in replenishing my supplies.

I have been a demonstrator for 12 years and absolutely love Stampin’ Up! products.  I have “survived” many changes, but this one may mean the end of my Stampin’ Up! career.  I can visualize my customers not being enthusiastic about the new hostess plan and being even more reluctant to host a party because of it.Time will tell how my hostesses respond to the Stampin’ Rewards.  I hope someone can provide a positive spin for this change.

Donna Bagwell
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!:October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

Catherine Harwood
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland
I think we should wait for the whole plan to roll out as remember that the video did say money would be reallocated so that we make more as demonstrators. If you really do the math -- and factor in what it costs you to host a $150 workshop -- the hostess was making more than us demonstrators. The benefits are still good -- and remember that you are providing training at that $150 workshop so they are not just earning the benefits as their reward. And when you order as a demonstrator, you are also getting a big discount on that $150 order and getting benefits on top of that. I hope we wait and see the whole plan -- and especially that we do not convey negativity to our customers and fellow demonstrators (especially our downline) before we have the whole picture. And let me say I am not just a rose-colored glasses person -- but just keeping an open mind. And when you compare this to other home parties -- we are unique in that we give rewards even if just one person orders. I know of a popular charm based jewelry line that requires four guests for hostess benefits to kick in.

Great to have a variety of opinions -- I am just waiting to form a final opinion until I have all the details.

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/321stamp
Check out samples and ideas at:
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:
www.321stamp.stampinup.net

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

wader
In reply to this post by donnab07
Change is always hard, and like most of you I have been through many of
Stampin' Up!'s changes. As a matter of fact, this plan WAS our old plan
about 4 or 5 years ago. It worked back then, and I'm sure it will work
again. it will just take some adjustment. We USED to only get 15.00 for a
150.00 workshop, and we had way more parties back then. It's going to just
take some time for our customers to get used to something new.

I'm not thrilled with how they are "rolling out" the changes because it
makes us jump to conclusions each week, Because we don't know the whole
picture. I'm sure there are going to be some great changes for all of us
that will help us simplify and earn more of an income if we choose.

Try hard to not look too far into it until everything has been announced
and we can put all the pieces together. I know Stampin' Up! has our best
interest at heart, and is doing what they think will benefit us all. You
REALLY never know how something is going to work out until it actually
happens, so don't assume your customers or hostesses will dislike this or
get upset until it actually happens. YOUR attitude is what will make the
biggest difference of all. No matter what, if you are positive, they will
choose to be with you because they feel happy when they are around you. I
doubt many hostesses will even realize the change...they don't book for the
free dollars now, but instead for the fun, the stamping and for YOU to come
in and entertain them for the night.

Hang tight! Keep positive!

Stamped Blessings,
Ronda Wade
www.rondawade.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin&apos; Rewards for Hostesses

Dawn DuVal
In reply to this post by Catherine Harwood
I agree with Catherine.  Before making judgement you need to gather all of
the facts.  If you present this positively your customers should be fine.
It's all in the presentation.  My opinion, for what it's worth, is to wait
for the whole picture.

Dawn

Dawn DuVal
Shall We Stamp
Finding Your Inner Artist...
        Unleashing Your Creativity!
Reply | Threaded
|

Hauptl
I also agree with Catherine, we need to keep an open mind.  Yes change is hard, but I the end it may be better!   We just have to wait and see how this all plays out. Some of gals have been thur changes with every turn of our lives, look where we are today!  

Life is to short to worry about this!   Just stamp and be happy!   In the end He will take of us.

Hope to see all of you at Leadership!    

Have a safe and joyful holiday season!   Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPad
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos

True.

Happy Stampin'~

On Nov 26, 2014, at 2:13 PM, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n15477h19@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=Re: October 2015 Out with Hostess Benefits in with Stampin' Rewards for Hostesses
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

Phyllis Strickland wrote
We don't know what else is coming with the compensation plan.  Remember, these less $$'s to hostesses may translate to more $$'s for us - they've said they'd making these changes to reallocating funds.

I'm a basically optimistic person and will wait until I see it all before I make any decisions about how it's going to impact my business.  We've got until June next year to figure it all out.

Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/October-2015-Out-with-Hostess-Benefits-in-with-Stampin-Rewards-for-Hostesses-tp15457p15477.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Catherine Harwood
This is true. I hope the reallocation does mean a higher commission for demonstrators! I have no plans to share any of this info with customers and hostesses until it actually takes effect.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam