Notes of Kindness Kit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Notes of Kindness Kit

Kathy Slamar
I have two customers who bought the Notes of Kindness Card Kit on page 202 of the annual catalog.

They are having problems with it.  They are trying to using markers on the some of the stamps and they say that the markers won't go over the entire stamp evenly.  They pool and parts of the images won't stamp.  Has anyone tried these stamps and had any problems?  It's kind of strange since they both experienced the same thing.

They are both good customers of mine and I am meeting with them next week.  I thought I would try to gather possible solutions before our meeting.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Kathy Slamar

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Notes of Kindness Kit

Jeanne Moss

I would be sure the stamps are cleaned and maybe even rubbed with a gentle eraser.  I sometimes have trouble with ink pooling on new stamps because of the spray they use to help release the stamps from the molds when they make them.  It can leave them a bit greasy.  

If that doesn’t work, maybe make them an ink spot in the color they need instead of using the marker?

I have this kit and didn’t have any trouble with mine, but I used an ink pad instead of markers.  

Good luck!

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 10, 2019, at 7:59 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49370h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Notes of Kindness Kit
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I have two customers who bought the Notes of Kindness Card Kit on page 202 of the annual catalog.

They are having problems with it.  They are trying to using markers on the some of the stamps and they say that the markers won't go over the entire stamp evenly.  They pool and parts of the images won't stamp.  Has anyone tried these stamps and had any problems?  It's kind of strange since they both experienced the same thing.

They are both good customers of mine and I am meeting with them next week.  I thought I would try to gather possible solutions before our meeting.

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Notes-of-Kindness-Kit-tp49370.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

The kit has photopolymer stamps and I cannot use markers on just about any of our photopolymer stamps until I “condition” them — so that might be the issue. I do that by rubbing the stamps with a white plastic eraser. This is the Pentel style that I use:

Doing that before inking with markers — or even with a regular ink pad — is what will make them work for me.

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net

On Aug 10, 2019, at 8:00 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49370h71@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Notes%20of%20Kindness%20Kit
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Notes-of-Kindness-Kit-tp49370.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

Thanks!  I never heard this tip before.  Will definitely try it!
Kathy

On Aug 10, 2019, at 8:30 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49372h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Notes%20of%20Kindness%20Kit
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: charwood@earthlink.net

The kit has photopolymer stamps and I cannot use markers on just about any of our photopolymer stamps until I “condition” them — so that might be the issue. I do that by rubbing the stamps with a white plastic eraser. This is the Pentel style that I use:

Doing that before inking with markers — or even with a regular ink pad — is what will make them work for me.

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net

On Aug 10, 2019, at 8:00 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49370h71@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Notes%20of%20Kindness%20Kit

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Harwood, please change the email address to: charwood@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Notes-of-Kindness-Kit-tp49370p49372.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Notes of Kindness Kit, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

Thanks, Jeanne.  I’m glad to know you didn’t have a problem with yours.  I was wondering if the stamp was faulty!
Kathy

On Aug 10, 2019, at 7:44 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49371h60@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Notes%20of%20Kindness%20Kit
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

I would be sure the stamps are cleaned and maybe even rubbed with a gentle eraser.  I sometimes have trouble with ink pooling on new stamps because of the spray they use to help release the stamps from the molds when they make them.  It can leave them a bit greasy.  

If that doesn’t work, maybe make them an ink spot in the color they need instead of using the marker?

I have this kit and didn’t have any trouble with mine, but I used an ink pad instead of markers.  

Good luck!

On Aug 10, 2019, at 7:59 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49370h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Notes of Kindness Kit

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Notes-of-Kindness-Kit-tp49370p49371.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Notes of Kindness Kit, click here.