New Techniques Shared

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Techniques Shared

Charlotte Lindmeier
Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their ideas this week. Sharing is what makes SUDSOL so great.
We had some nice examples but I don’t know how to get them added to this post. So make sure you go back to check them out.

Our question this week was:
Have you tried any new techniques lately that you could share with us?
I recently learned about Light Pillars, an optical phenomenon that occurs when light is refracted by ice crystals.

I used the photo taken of light pillars in Canada as the inspiration to create my own.
I used post-it-notes to mask the light pillars and sponge daubers to add Poppy Parade, Pretty Peacock, Crushed Curry, and metallic copper inks.  The sky was sponged using Balmy Blue, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Basic Black, metallic copper, and Whisper White Craft (like a Northern Lights background.)
The card front is Shimmery White matted to Gold Foil.  The trees are from Snow Globe Scenes Dies.
I did the Q-tip technique and then did it with daubers.  Which do you like best?
I did this technique and don't know what it's called.  Basically, it is triangles attached to a stiched nested label, then the top end is attached between the card bases and it swings up out of the way to show a greeting.  I cased this from another demo.
I've tried the Retiform or Grid Technique and the Faux Mosiac Technique.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week