classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Storage Units

Charlotte Lindmeier

Our question this week is:
How are your customers responding to the storage units?  

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: New Storage Units

Debra  Brown

Mine are a little apprehensive because most of them have invested in the wall mounted storage units.  So what i have done is take a "before" picture of my work space (so embarrassing) and now an "after".   They are so impressed with the compact units and the fact you don't have to stand up, move over, come back, check the color, put it back, repeat.  In just a few seconds you can have the color samples and you are ready to go!  Not to mention how it dresses up your work area!  I love them.

Debra Brown   

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 11:46 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47766h94@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=New+Storage+Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h41@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

This is how I am handling it - I am spreading the news about them, but I am not buying them. Manly because I have both styles of ink pads and I also just don’t have the space for them in my craft room.

But, even though I won’t be buying them, I am spreading the word about them.

When I was a GS Leader/trainer we always told our troop girls and parents about events that were going on and then left it up to them if they wanted to participate.

IS the Pre-Order flyer up yet???? Looking forward to the 2nd!!!
Nola

On Apr 24, 2019, at 10:58 AM, SUDSOL [Debra Brown] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47767h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%20Storage%20Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com

Mine are a little apprehensive because most of them have invested in the wall mounted storage units. So what i have done is take a "before" picture of my work space (so embarrassing) and now an "after". They are so impressed with the compact units and the fact you don't have to stand up, move over, come back, check the color, put it back, repeat. In just a few seconds you can have the color samples and you are ready to go! Not to mention how it dresses up your work area! I love them.

Debra Brown  

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 11:46 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47766h94@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier 
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h41@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Debra Brown, please change the email address to: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47767.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005
Etsy shop: Inkonmypaws

Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

Nola, I also have both ink pad styles, at least until the new In Colors go active.  I bought some of the new storage units so I could show them to customers and downline at classes and meetings.  I just tested putting one of the old style ink pads into the unit, and it fit just fine.  It sticks out a little bit more than the new style, but I can't see any problem with putting both in these units.  

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 4/24/2019 4:04:15 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n47774h91@.nabble writes:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

This is how I am handling it - I am spreading the news about them, but I am not buying them. Manly because I have both styles of ink pads and I also just don’t have the space for them in my craft room.

When I was a GS Leader/trainer we always told our troop girls and parents about events that were going on and then left it up to them if they wanted to participate.

Nola

On Apr 24, 2019, at 10:58 AM, SUDSOL [Debra Brown] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n47767h53@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

mtstampinupdemo@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%20Storage%20Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:  mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com

Mine are a little apprehensive because most of them have invested in the wall mounted storage units. So what i have done is take a "before" picture of my work space (so embarrassing) and now an "after". They are so impressed with the compact units and the fact you don't have to stand up, move over, come back, check the color, put it back, repeat. In just a few seconds you can have the color samples and you are ready to go! Not to mention how it dresses up your work area! I love them.

Debra Brown 

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 11:46 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47766h94@n7.nabble.com > wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier 
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h41@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Debra Brown, please change the email address to:  mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47767.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email  ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com 

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47774.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h90@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

Good to know Judi!
Thank you for telling me.
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 2:25 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47775h1@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@aol.com

Nola, I also have both ink pad styles, at least until the new In Colors go active.  I bought some of the new storage units so I could show them to customers and downline at classes and meetings.  I just tested putting one of the old style ink pads into the unit, and it fit just fine.  It sticks out a little bit more than the new style, but I can't see any problem with putting both in these units.  

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

In a message dated 4/24/2019 4:04:15 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n47774h91@.nabble writes:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Nola

On Apr 24, 2019, at 10:58 AM, SUDSOL [Debra Brown] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n47767h53@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:  mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com

Debra Brown 

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 11:46 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47766h94@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier 
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Debra Brown, please change the email address to:  mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com 

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
SU! Demo since 2005

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47774.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47775.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

I bought one of each of the units as well to show my customers.  While the old style pads will fit into the unit, it’s a very tight fit, and it shoves the shelf above it up slightly so it doesn’t completely lock into the shelf below.

Cathy Hansen
Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 24, 2019, at 3:35 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47777h90@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Good to know Judi!
Thank you for telling me.
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 2:25 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47775h1@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@aol.com

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

Nola

Debra Brown 

Charlotte Lindmeier 
Question of the Week

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
SU! Demo since 2005

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47775.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47777.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Dillon
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I bought enough for an entire family of our ink pads and also for the 2018-20 In Colors.  They were very enthusiastic until I told them that they couldn't order them until July 1st.  And then disappointment ensued......
Sue

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:46 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47766h3@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

I’m confused, Sue.  The storage was available for purchase beginning April 1st.

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:00 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47780h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

I bought enough for an entire family of our ink pads and also for the 2018-20 In Colors. They were very enthusiastic until I told them that they couldn't order them until July 1st. And then disappointment ensued......
Sue

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:46 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47766h3@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47780.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Nevermind...... duh.  I see they are not orderable now.

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:23 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47781h52@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

I’m confused, Sue.  The storage was available for purchase beginning April 1st.

On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:00 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47780h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

I bought enough for an entire family of our ink pads and also for the 2018-20 In Colors. They were very enthusiastic until I told them that they couldn't order them until July 1st. And then disappointment ensued......
Sue

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47780.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47781.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Dillon
In reply to this post by Sue Dillon

They are on the "Not Orderable" list.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 7:00 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47780h37@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+New+Storage+Units

Sue

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:46 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n47766h3@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@...?subject=New+Storage+Units

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maggie Funke

My customers are disgusted with the way Stampin’ Up execs advertise their catalogs are good until a certain date and things run out long before that date. To introduce something like storage units over 3 months before they are available is a good way to make good customers go elsewhere for more reliable service. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:12 PM, Sue Dillon [via SUDSOL] <ml+s1100894n47783h52@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 7:00 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

Sue

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:46 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email [hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47783.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h72@n7.nabble.com
NAML
Stmpr5
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

I don't normally get involved in discussions about how bad Stampin' Up! does things, because I don't feel that way.  But this one seems to have my name all over it, so here goes:

Stampin' Up! states very clearly on the back of the catalog:  "Product availability may be limited toward the end of the catalog sales period."  Could they say it any clearer?  I don't think so.

Let me share an experience I had recently.  I received a Coldwater Creek catalog, a clothing company I absolutely love even though their prices are high.  The catalog showed a pair of really cool jeans with embroidered flowers on both legs, so I bit the bullet and went online to order them.  "Sorry, that item is out of stock" is what I got.  The catalog was BRAND NEW.  What was with that?  Oh, yeah, they still had tiny ones and large ones but no medium-sized which is what I need.  Did I get my undies in a knot?  Oh, yeah, I did, a bit.  But I also know that merchandise is produced/contracted for based on business projections.  All companies do this.  In my opinion, Stampin' Up! does a better than average job of forecasting their sales.  We seem to lose sight of the fact that Stampin' Up! is a company.  As a company, they must make money.  Having huge inventory of every product just doesn't fit that.  Since they have no clue as to what you and I are going to order, I am amazed that they do as well as they do.  We are just over a month away from the end of a 12-month sales period right now.

Regarding the storage units, I believe they made a statement regarding the likelihood that stock would run out but that there would be more.  Why in the world are you not emphasizing that instead of agreeing with your customers who are "disgusted?"  Play it well and you'll have customers waiting happily for the units to return, and they'll think more of you for being honest and upbeat with them.

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

In a message dated 4/24/2019 8:41:46 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n47788h25@.nabble writes:

stmpnldy@sbcglobal.net?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stmpnldy@sbcglobal.net

My customers are disgusted with the way Stampin’ Up execs advertise their catalogs are good until a certain date and things run out long before that date. To introduce something like storage units over 3 months before they are available is a good way to make good customers go elsewhere for more reliable service. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:12 PM, Sue Dillon [via SUDSOL] < ml+s1100894n47783h52@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 7:00 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

Sue

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:46 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

NAML
Stmpr5

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maggie Funke, please change the email address to: stmpnldy@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47788.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

Well said Judi. I think Stampin' Up! do a great job trying to forecast needs and wants. I think it's better to look at the positive side of this:
  • New storage units will be available soon
  • Share the brochure
  • Get customers excited to place pre-orders for the launch
  • Isn't it great that SU has listened to demos and customers and now we have our very own purpose-built storage which you can customise to suit your needs and space
If your negativity spills over to your customers are they going to want to buy the product when it is available?

I went to the Demo site and clicked on Happening Now - Storage - there's great graphics to share and a print out. Plus

PRODUCT DETAILS

Product Launch: 1 April 2019

• • All order types qualify (e.g. customer, demonstrator, workshop and online).
  • No order limits apply.
  • Storage by Stampin’ Up! will be featured in the 2019–2020 annual catalogue.
  • Inventory Disclaimer: Because Storage by Stampin’ Up! is a brand-new product line, our inventory levels for this initial launch are based on research of similar products and their existing demand. If our inventory of Storage by Stampin’ Up! products is depleted, we will turn items off until their inventories have been replenished.
I'll hop off my soapbox now and crawl back into my Aussie hole :)
 Units

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 at 12:15, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n47789h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+New+Storage+Units

I don't normally get involved in discussions about how bad Stampin' Up! does things, because I don't feel that way.  But this one seems to have my name all over it, so here goes:

Stampin' Up! states very clearly on the back of the catalog:  "Product availability may be limited toward the end of the catalog sales period."  Could they say it any clearer?  I don't think so.

Let me share an experience I had recently.  I received a Coldwater Creek catalog, a clothing company I absolutely love even though their prices are high.  The catalog showed a pair of really cool jeans with embroidered flowers on both legs, so I bit the bullet and went online to order them.  "Sorry, that item is out of stock" is what I got.  The catalog was BRAND NEW.  What was with that?  Oh, yeah, they still had tiny ones and large ones but no medium-sized which is what I need.  Did I get my undies in a knot?  Oh, yeah, I did, a bit.  But I also know that merchandise is produced/contracted for based on business projections.  All companies do this.  In my opinion, Stampin' Up! does a better than average job of forecasting their sales.  We seem to lose sight of the fact that Stampin' Up! is a company.  As a company, they must make money.  Having huge inventory of every product just doesn't fit that.  Since they have no clue as to what you and I are going to order, I am amazed that they do as well as they do.  We are just over a month away from the end of a 12-month sales period right now.

Regarding the storage units, I believe they made a statement regarding the likelihood that stock would run out but that there would be more.  Why in the world are you not emphasizing that instead of agreeing with your customers who are "disgusted?"  Play it well and you'll have customers waiting happily for the units to return, and they'll think more of you for being honest and upbeat with them.

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

In a message dated 4/24/2019 8:41:46 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n47788h25@.nabble writes:

stmpnldy@...?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stmpnldy@sbcglobal.net

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:12 PM, Sue Dillon [via SUDSOL] < ml%2Bs1100894n47783h52@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

[hidden email]

Sue

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h72@n7.nabble.com
NAML
Stmpr5

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maggie Funke, please change the email address to: stmpnldy@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47788.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h90@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47789.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Judi Carpenter

Well said!

Add to that, look around. How many other stamp companies from 30 years ago are still around? I admit I get frustrated initially, but then I realize they are looking towards their solvency which in turn means our continued ability to put our own investment(s) to use.

I anticipate fewer issues with back orders, etc. as they have more control over production.

Let’s stay positive!

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Apr 25, 2019, at 12:14 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47789h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:12 PM, Sue Dillon [via SUDSOL] < ml+s1100894n47783h52@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

[hidden email]

Sue

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

NAML
Stmpr5

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47789.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Pastva-Callahan

I ordered some of each unit, got them, tried them, and have sent them all back on an Exchange order! I did not like the cheap plastic. (The color white was NOT an issue.) Did not lock together very well and the topper was flimsy. When I put some of the new ink pads in them, I couldn't get them out. (lumpy arthritic fingers) Using the old style pads sets up each layer a bit so they are not stable. You can't pick up a stack without them coming apart. Stampin' Up! had the chance to do this right and they blew it. Let alone now they aren't orderable til July---WHAT??!! I will give my customers the flyer. They will get my honest opinion on these if they ask.

Linda Pastva-Callahan
Leechburg, PA
demo in western PA since 2007

On April 25, 2019 at 12:07 AM "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n47791h57@.nabble> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@

Well said!

Add to that, look around. How many other stamp companies from 30 years ago are still around? I admit I get frustrated initially, but then I realize they are looking towards their solvency which in turn means our continued ability to put our own investment(s) to use.

I anticipate fewer issues with back orders, etc. as they have more control over production.

Let’s stay positive!

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Apr 25, 2019, at 12:14 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n47789h91@.nabble > wrote:

jcarpy02@?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader
217-875-0092     jcarpy02@aol.com  (zero by 2)

Sent from my iPhone

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 7:00 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk < [hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

Sue

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:46 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < [hidden email] > wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

NAML
Stmpr5

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47791.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h29@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Occhipinti
In reply to this post by Judi Carpenter

Wow. Just wow.
For the record, I also rarely jump into these discussions, albeit not for the same reasons as you. However, this weekly question asked for our experience with customer response. I provided my answer, and I'm sorry it doesn't mesh with folks' expectation of how customers 'should' respond.

At my April 13th workshop, I had people ready to buy units right then, but when I gently reminded them they weren't orderable until July 1, it seemed to open up the floodgates. I had two customers who were still waiting on backordered card kits since March 9, two others had missed out on the frog dies, one who previously canceled her entire $100+ SAB order because so many items were no longer available. My SAB sales were much lower this year, but as this isn't any real source of income I tended not to 'get my panties in a wad', either. My focus wasn't the impact on my bottom line, but lost sales had also sadly meant less benefits for my hosts.

I didn't cause these problems, but I sure as heck tried to put a decent, pragmatic, calm spin on things. After watching me scramble to help my event attendees with each and every order that had discontinued or backordered items; one friend eventually told me she felt sorry for me trying so hard to 'cover' for all of these issues. She said she hoped I would send a list of things we had encountered this catalog period back to SU. She also said they all love my events and want me to continue them, but she said SU needs to know that they ARE losing sales to other companies because of inventory issues.

Usually I see many of the topics here as a shared learning experience, and always benefit from varied perspectives. However, in this case, we were asked to share our customers' response. I did that, as did others. I surely didn't expect to be scolded for giving that feedback. Rest assured I won't be responding again.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

-----Original Message-----

To: cho1888@
Sent: 2019-04-24 7:15:02 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: New Storage Units

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

Sent from my iPhone

[hidden email]

Sue

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

NAML
Stmpr5

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

Chris, I'm sorry if my response to your post pushed your buttons.  Your post gave me no hint of how you had handled the situation, and that was why I responded the way I did.  So many members mostly complain instead of making SUDSOL "a shared learning experience," which I like to see membership as.  If you look back at your post and think about how someone would read it, not having any idea of your approach to the problems, would you not have responded in a similar manner?  I think you would.  And I do hope that you will continue to participate in discussions.  We need to work together.

Judi

In a message dated 4/25/2019 10:20:54 AM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n47797h4@.nabble writes:

cho1888@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cho1888@comcast.net

Wow. Just wow.
For the record, I also rarely jump into these discussions, albeit not for the same reasons as you. However, this weekly question asked for our experience with customer response. I provided my answer, and I'm sorry it doesn't mesh with folks' expectation of how customers 'should' respond.

At my April 13th workshop, I had people ready to buy units right then, but when I gently reminded them they weren't orderable until July 1, it seemed to open up the floodgates. I had two customers who were still waiting on backordered card kits since March 9, two others had missed out on the frog dies, one who previously canceled her entire $100+ SAB order because so many items were no longer available. My SAB sales were much lower this year, but as this isn't any real source of income I tended not to 'get my panties in a wad', either. My focus wasn't the impact on my bottom line, but lost sales had also sadly meant less benefits for my hosts.

I didn't cause these problems, but I sure as heck tried to put a decent, pragmatic, calm spin on things. After watching me scramble to help my event attendees with each and every order that had discontinued or backordered items; one friend eventually told me she felt sorry for me trying so hard to 'cover' for all of these issues. She said she hoped I would send a list of things we had encountered this catalog period back to SU. She also said they all love my events and want me to continue them, but she said SU needs to know that they ARE losing sales to other companies because of inventory issues.

Usually I see many of the topics here as a shared learning experience, and always benefit from varied perspectives. However, in this case, we were asked to share our customers' response. I did that, as did others. I surely didn't expect to be scolded for giving that feedback. Rest assured I won't be responding again.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

-----Original Message-----

To: cho1888@
Sent: 2019-04-24 7:15:02 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: New Storage Units

jcarpy02@?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader
217-875-0092     jcarpy02@aol.com  (zero by 2)

stmpnldy@?subject=Re: SU!: New Storage Units

Sent from my iPhone

[hidden email]

Sue

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

NAML
Stmpr5

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Storage-Units-tp47766p47797.html