New Recruit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Recruit

Julie Brooks
I've been a demonstrator for 15 years but have always been a hobby demo. I've done a few workshops & classes along the way. I have a few customers that help to support my habit but I am my own best customer. I've never really given much thought or effort to recruiting. Somehow, I have managed, during this SAB period, to gain TWO new recruits. While this is exciting, I'm not sure what to do. My upline was a great friend and we had many wonderful SU! adventures but I don't feel like she really advised me or laid any groundwork for me to really make this a business. Nothing against her, she knew that my reasons for joining SU! were purely from a hobby standpoint. She has since left SU! and I have never heard one word from my *new* upline. One of my new recruits is an experienced stamper who I met soon after I first joined. She was an attendee at an early workshop and she knew more about Stampin' Up! than I did at that point. I never heard anything from her ever again until I got an email notification in January that she had signed up under me. I reached out to her to welcome her to the Stampin' Up! family and she has not responded. She has already jumped in with almost $1000 of sales in her first month. Yay for her!

My second new recruit lives about 40 miles away and I sent her a welcome email to introduce myself. She's a scrapbooker but was completely unaware of Stampin' Up! until she recently watched YouTube videos featuring SU! products. She has asked me for hints/ideas on the best things to purchase in her first order. I have my favorites but I'm hoping that those of you with much more experience in this area will be able to help me with some great suggestions to give her.

TIA!!

~Julie Brooks

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: New Recruit

Nola Burkhard

Hi Julie,
When I have had someone sign up under me I have often encourage them to order a full set of one color family of inks and cardstock. Then for her to pick out a couple of bundles and to make sure she gets a Big Shot (now Stampin’ Cut), and some other little things so that the order is big enough for her to earn hostess benefits.
Make sure you mail each of them a handmade card with a nice little goodie bag inside. Maybe set up a team zoom meeting just for the 2 of them and go from there.
I can’t be of any more help as my only downline is now over 3000 miles away in Mass.
Wishing you lots of success, Nola

On Feb 6, 2021, at 12:43 PM, SUDSOL [Julie Brooks] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57427h13@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

brooks1986@gojade.org?subject=New%20Recruit
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brooks1986@gojade.org

I've been a demonstrator for 15 years but have always been a hobby demo. I've done a few workshops & classes along the way. I have a few customers that help to support my habit but I am my own best customer. I've never really given much thought or effort to recruiting. Somehow, I have managed, during this SAB period, to gain TWO new recruits. While this is exciting, I'm not sure what to do. My upline was a great friend and we had many wonderful SU! adventures but I don't feel like she really advised me or laid any groundwork for me to really make this a business. Nothing against her, she knew that my reasons for joining SU! were purely from a hobby standpoint. She has since left SU! and I have never heard one word from my *new* upline. One of my new recruits is an experienced stamper who I met soon after I first joined. She was an attendee at an early workshop and she knew more about Stampin' Up! than I did at that point. I never heard anything from her ever again until I got an email notification in January that she had signed up under me. I reached out to her to welcome her to the Stampin' Up! family and she has not responded. She has already jumped in with almost $1000 of sales in her first month. Yay for her!

My second new recruit lives about 40 miles away and I sent her a welcome email to introduce myself. She's a scrapbooker but was completely unaware of Stampin' Up! until she recently watched YouTube videos featuring SU! products. She has asked me for hints/ideas on the best things to purchase in her first order. I have my favorites but I'm hoping that those of you with much more experience in this area will be able to help me with some great suggestions to give her.

TIA!!

~Julie Brooks

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Julie Brooks, please change the email address to: brooks1986@gojade.org
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-Recruit-tp57427.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005
Etsy shop: Inkonmypaws