New In Colors

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New In Colors

Nola Burkhard
Was wondering if others of you here think that Envy looks a lot like Glorious Green and if the Flirty Flamingo looks a lot like Pretty in Pink?

And, - Demin like Brilliant Blue???

If they are the same ---then I might still hve the reinkers!!!

I have missed Pretty in Pink soooo much - would love to have it back!

Thanks, Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: New In Colors

donnab07

The shades are different, so I wouldn’t use retired reinkers to color the new In Color ink pads.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n28980h22@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n28980h22@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 10:09 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: New In Colors

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=New%20In%20Colors

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Was wondering if others of you here think that Envy looks a lot like Glorious Green and if the Flirty Flamingo looks a lot like Pretty in Pink?

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h16@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: New In Colors

Laura Altman
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

Envy does look similar to glor green but flamingo doesn't look like pretty in pink and denim looks more like not quite Navy

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
On May 13, 2016 1:09 PM, "SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n28980h75@.nabble> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=New In Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h69@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, <a href="http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;unsubscribe_by_code&amp;node&#61;1954&amp;code&#61;bGFsdG1hbjIyQGFvbC5jb218MTk1NHwtMjEwNzE2Mzcw">click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Laura Altman
In reply to this post by donnab07

I agree

On May 13, 2016 1:38 PM, "SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n28982h37@.nabble> wrote:
donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: New In Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

The shades are different, so I wouldn’t use retired reinkers to color the new In Color ink pads.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n28980h22@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n28980h22@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 10:09 AM

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h16@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p28982.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h69@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, <a href="http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;unsubscribe_by_code&amp;node&#61;1954&amp;code&#61;bGFsdG1hbjIyQGFvbC5jb218MTk1NHwtMjEwNzE2Mzcw">click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: New In Colors

Denise Foor

Nola—

I have not compared the inks, but have compared the cardstock.

Dapper Denim is much bluer than Not Quite Navy which has more gray in it.  Dapper Denim is not close to Brilliant Blue.

Flirty Flamingo has a lot more coral than the Pretty in Pink…..big difference side by side.

Emerald Envy is not as sharp (more of a jewel tone) than Glorious Green. 

Denise

Denise Foor

Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Scrapbooks
Shop SU online 24/7

My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/

My email: dfoor@...
My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/denise_foor/

From: ml-node+s1100894n28980h1@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n28980h1@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 1:09 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <dfoor@>

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h95@n5.nabble.com

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jane Bone

I think every 2 years is too close to change colors.  There is not enough difference in some of the other colors we have had. Jane

To: rbone@tampabay.rr.com

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=New In Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h28@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

I have had two different groups of regular customers say they are tired of the 2 year in colors they are too similar to colors we have or had, and they really aren't that new or exciting.  Now if they offered some new purples,  pinks and aquatic colors they would be excited.  

Also they say they now have way too many ink pads/ Reinkers but can't get matching card stock anymore.  Even if you stock up, eventually you run out of it.  

I sold very little of the 2015-2017 colors even though I use them.   I am not getting much wow I love that color when they see 2016-18.. The main comments - they are close to colors we had in the past. Most really dislike Sugarplum.

I think Jane is right!  Maybe SU needs a new strategy. 

Phyllis Strickland

On May 13, 2016, at 11:17 PM, SUDSOL [Jane Bone] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n28995h79@n5.nabble.com
I think every 2 years is too close to change colors.  There is not enough difference in some of the other colors we have had. Jane

Flamingo looks a lot like Pretty in Pink? 

And, - Demin like Brilliant Blue??? T

Thanks, Nola 
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: New In Colors

donnab07

So far my customers who have seen the new In Colors love them.  Stampin’ Up! stays on trend with the In Colors they select.  Check out the Pantone colors for the year and you will see what I mean.  Although the 2016 In Colors may seem similar to ones we have had in the past, the shades are different.  Subtle perhaps, but different. 

Hopefully the new colors will grow on your customers – be enthusiastic about them and use them a lot in your classes and workshops.  If your customers are complaining about too many ink pads they feel they cannot use anymore, encourage them to purchase the markers instead.  I have one customer who does just that; she buys few ink pads, but does purchase the markers.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n28996h18@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n28996h18@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: New In Colors

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%20In%20Colors

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I have had two different groups of regular customers say they are tired of the 2 year in colors they are too similar to colors we have or had, and they really aren't that new or exciting.  Now if they offered some new purples,  pinks and aquatic colors they would be excited.  

Also they say they now have way too many ink pads/ Reinkers but can't get matching card stock anymore.  Even if you stock up, eventually you run out of it.  

I sold very little of the 2015-2017 colors even though I use them.   I am not getting much wow I love that color when they see 2016-18.. The main comments - they are close to colors we had in the past. Most really dislike Sugarplum.

Phyllis Strickland

On May 13, 2016, at 11:17 PM, SUDSOL [Jane Bone] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n28995h79@n5.nabble.com

Thanks, Nola 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p28996.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

You've made some great points and great suggestions!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On May 14, 2016, at 11:47 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n28999h1@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: New In Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

So far my customers who have seen the new In Colors love them.  Stampin’ Up! stays on trend with the In Colors they select.  Check out the Pantone colors for the year and you will see what I mean.  Although the 2016 In Colors may seem similar to ones we have had in the past, the shades are different.  Subtle perhaps, but different. 

Hopefully the new colors will grow on your customers – be enthusiastic about them and use them a lot in your classes and workshops.  If your customers are complaining about too many ink pads they feel they cannot use anymore, encourage them to purchase the markers instead.  I have one customer who does just that; she buys few ink pads, but does purchase the markers.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n28996h18@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n28996h18@.nabble]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Phyllis Strickland

Thanks, Nola 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p28996.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p28999.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h6@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Laura Altman
In reply to this post by donnab07

I have found if I am excited about them. My customers will be too.

On May 14, 2016 9:47 AM, "SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n28999h64@.nabble> wrote:
donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: New In Colors

Donna Bagwell

Phyllis Strickland

On May 13, 2016, at 11:17 PM, SUDSOL [Jane Bone] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n28995h79@n5.nabble.com> 

Thanks, Nola 

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p28999.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

Another suggestion, instead of buying the full size pads -- customers might by the un-inked spots and ink refills to try out the new colors.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n28980h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=New+In+Colors

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Mary Varley

Emerald Envy is a bit deeper shade than Glorious Green.  Flirty Flamingo is more like Positively Pink or Pixie Pink.  Dapper Denim is a brighter tone of Not Quite Navy.
I haven't double-checked Peekaboo Peach or Sweet Sugarplum yet, but Sweet Sugarplum and Flirty Flamingo look fantastic together!

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:09 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n28980h58@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h52@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

--
Mary Varley
Santa Rosa, CA
3am Stamper
Papercrafting & Color Expert
Hot Ideas & Monthly Tips when you Join Our Mailing List
24/7 Shopping Convenience at:
www.3amStamper.com
(707) 695-3571

Fellow Business Owners:
Take the $1, 7-Day Trial of the Business Stampers Coaching Group!
Get Back to Basics & Build your Business
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New In Colors

Deborah Smart
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

We have un-inked spots to buy??  Can you tell me where they are – I know my customers would go for that! (though most just buy the colours they really like in full sized pads. 
When I do my kick off party, I give them stamped colour combinations using the new plus existing colours; that really helps them see how they can be used.

~Deborah

Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:08 AM
To: debsmart@shaw.ca

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: New In Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

Another suggestion, instead of buying the full size pads -- customers might by the un-inked spots and ink refills to try out the new colors.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n28980h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <A href="wlmailhtml:{CEEB7A48-80C4-4613-BECD-33DE338E007A}mid://00002048/" rel=nofollow target=_blank link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p29002.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h47@.nabble
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

You can find the uninked spots on page 180, second row.

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM, SUDSOL [Deborah Smart] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n29005h47@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
debsmart@shaw.ca?subject=Re:+New+In+Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debsmart@shaw.ca

We have un-inked spots to buy??  Can you tell me where they are – I know my customers would go for that! (though most just buy the colours they really like in full sized pads. 
When I do my kick off party, I give them stamped colour combinations using the new plus existing colours; that really helps them see how they can be used.

~Deborah

To: debsmart@shaw.ca

TheArtfulInker@...?subject=Re: SU!: New In Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml-node%2Bs1100894n28980h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@...?subject=New+In+Colors

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%252Bs1100894n1954h66@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <A href="wlmailhtml:{CEEB7A48-80C4-4613-BECD-33DE338E007A}mid://00002048/" rel=nofollow target=_blank link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p29002.html
Deborah Smart

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah Smart, please change the email address to: debsmart@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p29005.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

I have several customers who were really upset when Stampin' Up 
discontinued the spots (because of space restrictions) and refused
to buy the larger Ones.  One as well as myself liked them for travel.  
So I know these are going to be big sellers for me.  I hope there
are plenty in stock!  
Sent from my iPad

On May 14, 2016, at 2:41 PM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n29006h32@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

You can find the uninked spots on page 180, second row.

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.

Sara

Sara Levin

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM, SUDSOL [Deborah Smart] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n29005h47@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
debsmart@shaw.ca?subject=Re:+New+In+Colors
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debsmart@shaw.ca

We have un-inked spots to buy?? Can you tell me where they are – I know my customers would go for that! (though most just buy the colours they really like in full sized pads.
~Deborah
TheArtfulInker@...?subject=Re: SU!: New In Colors

Sara
Sara Levin
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml-node%2Bs1100894n28980h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@...?subject=New+In+Colors

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%252Bs1100894n1954h66@n5.nabble.com

Deborah Smart

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah Smart, please change the email address to: debsmart@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p29005.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-In-Colors-tp28980p29006.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h20@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

Thanks for the reminder that they will be selling the spots!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On May 15, 2016, at 12:08 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n29002h94@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

Sara

Sara Levin

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h6@n5.nabble.com