New 3D Embossing Folder Plate

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New 3D Embossing Folder Plate

Kathy Slamar
I was a little upset about the need for this new embossing folder plate, since my customers are complaining about a lot of things lately.  

I had one of the new 3D TEIF and I tried it tonight.  It did not work.  However, I still have the Big Shot Embossing Mats that SU brought out several years ago.   Remember those?  You could use them with your dies (cutting side up) and turn the die into a TIEF.   The gray silicone mat works perfectly as a shim when I tried it with the new Scripty 3D TIEF.

I am going to recommend this to my customers, because many bought the Big Shot Embossing Mats when they were available.  I love to have a solution other than having them buy one more thing because of changes in our products.

Thought I would pass this on.

Kathy Slamar

PS  Does anyone know why that stopped offering the Big Shot Embossing Mats?  They weren't in the last catalog.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate

grantj

I would hope that the new machine, whatever it is, will not require the new plate.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@comcast.net

On Jun 8, 2019, at 8:35 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48470h69@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I was a little upset about the need for this new embossing folder plate, since my customers are complaining about a lot of things lately.  

I had one of the new 3D TEIF and I tried it tonight.  It did not work.  However, I still have the Big Shot Embossing Mats that SU brought out several years ago.   Remember those?  You could use them with your dies (cutting side up) and turn the die into a TIEF.   The gray silicone mat works perfectly as a shim when I tried it with the new Scripty 3D TIEF.

I am going to recommend this to my customers, because many bought the Big Shot Embossing Mats when they were available.  I love to have a solution other than having them buy one more thing because of changes in our products.

Kathy Slamar

PS  Does anyone know why that stopped offering the Big Shot Embossing Mats?  They weren't in the last catalog.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h73@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

I found two layers of cardboard worked as a shim for me when using the wave ef. 

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 8, 2019, at 6:35 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48470h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jannette Santamarina
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

Just something I have been wanting to ask,

do we really need this new plate and is it going to fit the new machine when it comes out? I’m thinking I will be reaching out to DS unless any of you wonderful ladies have the answer!

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator

On Jun 8, 2019, at 9:35 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48470h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h0@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate

Cindy McCool

Ok, what am I missing here? What new plate? I can’t find anything in the new catalog so can you give me the page number where this appears? I suffer from really acute FOMO* and need this information badly.

*Fear of Missing Out in case you didn’t know. LOL

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

From: ml+s1100894n48482h89@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48482h89@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 11:40 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate

janstamp@cinci.rr.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janstamp@cinci.rr.com

do we really need this new plate and is it going to fit the new machine when it comes out? I’m thinking I will be reaching out to DS unless any of you wonderful ladies have the answer!

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

On Jun 8, 2019, at 9:35 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48470h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jannette Santamarina, please change the email address to: janstamp@cinci.rr.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48482.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Walsh

Hi Cindy.

Here is a link to SU website describing the new plate, part number, price, etc.

I had to laugh at your FOMO. That is a nickname I've given to one of my dear friends.

Jeanne C. Walsh
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
845-430-5971
http://createwithjeanne.stampinup.net
createwithjeanne@gmail.com

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 5:08 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48483h25@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+New+3D+Embossing+Folder+Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@mccoolmgt.com

Ok, what am I missing here? What new plate? I can’t find anything in the new catalog so can you give me the page number where this appears? I suffer from really acute FOMO* and need this information badly.

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

janstamp@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janstamp@cinci.rr.com

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

On Jun 8, 2019, at 9:35 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48470h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@...?subject=New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

I had one of the new 3D TEIF and I tried it tonight.  It did not work.  However, I still have the Big Shot Embossing Mats that SU brought out several years ago.   Remember those?  You could use them with your dies (cutting side up) and turn the die into a TIEF.   The gray silicone mat works perfectly as a shim when I tried it with the new Scripty 3D TIEF.

I am going to recommend this to my customers, because many bought the Big Shot Embossing Mats when they were available.  I love to have a solution other than having them buy one more thing because of changes in our products.

Kathy Slamar

PS  Does anyone know why that stopped offering the Big Shot Embossing Mats?  They weren't in the last catalog.

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h0@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jannette Santamarina, please change the email address to: janstamp@cinci.rr.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48482.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48483.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h26@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss
In reply to this post by Cindy McCool

It’s not in the catalog, Cindy.  It was posted in the updates section.

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 9, 2019, at 5:08 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48483h14@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@mccoolmgt.com

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

janstamp@cinci.rr.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48483.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy McCool

Well thank you to my SUDSOL sisters (I guess brothers too sometimes). Thank you for the  link and support. I agree, why do we get information in dribs & drabs?  I simply don’t know why SU thinks that we all go to their website each day to see new stuff.  Haven’t they heard about a group email blast? Of course we have Blythe who does a beautiful job of updating us on a regular basis, so I can’t complain and then of course we have SUDSOL so again I can’t complain. But what happens to all the others that don’t have these resources? Wasted time & effort and in the end wasted sales or unhappy customers. Before I get off my soap box I do have to say, once again, that  I find the SU website less than friendly and hard to work through and find things.

Now back to designing a card with the Bird Ballad Laser cut cards which I think are simply beautiful! See page 91 if you haven’t spied them as yet. While I’ve not purchased the bird suite I’m really leaning in on it thinking it may be my next purchase.

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

From: ml+s1100894n48483h20@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48483h20@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 2:09 PM

cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood

To chime in on the new 3D folders — while I have ordered one of the new blue plates so I can show it to my customers — I have found that a piece of the chipboard weight cardboard that comes in many of our products works just fine as a shim. A little experimentation with cardboard/chipboard from your stash will come up with an alternate sandwich if you don’t want to buy the plate — or so you can tell your customers how to avoid buying it. I have a feeling the blue plate is a stop-gap measure until we come out with our new embossing and cutting machine. But of course we won’t know until it’s officially unveiled. In the meantime — it’s easy to make shim recipes just like I often had to do back when we sold more die cutting choices such as the BIGZ dies, Sizzlets, etc.

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/321stamp
Check out samples and ideas at: 
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:
www.321stamp.stampinup.net

On Jun 9, 2019, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48486h67@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Well thank you to my SUDSOL sisters (I guess brothers too sometimes). Thank you for the link and support. I agree, why do we get information in dribs & drabs? I simply don’t know why SU thinks that we all go to their website each day to see new stuff. Haven’t they heard about a group email blast? Of course we have Blythe who does a beautiful job of updating us on a regular basis, so I can’t complain and then of course we have SUDSOL so again I can’t complain. But what happens to all the others that don’t have these resources? Wasted time & effort and in the end wasted sales or unhappy customers. Before I get off my soap box I do have to say, once again, that I find the SU website less than friendly and hard to work through and find things.

Now back to designing a card with the Bird Ballad Laser cut cards which I think are simply beautiful! See page 91 if you haven’t spied them as yet. While I’ve not purchased the bird suite I’m really leaning in on it thinking it may be my next purchase.

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48486.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

Maybe the cardboard that comes with the paper Pumpkin kits would work too!
Plenty of that around!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2019, at 4:58 AM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48492h28@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: charwood@earthlink.net

To chime in on the new 3D folders — while I have ordered one of the new blue plates so I can show it to my customers — I have found that a piece of the chipboard weight cardboard that comes in many of our products works just fine as a shim. A little experimentation with cardboard/chipboard from your stash will come up with an alternate sandwich if you don’t want to buy the plate — or so you can tell your customers how to avoid buying it. I have a feeling the blue plate is a stop-gap measure until we come out with our new embossing and cutting machine. But of course we won’t know until it’s officially unveiled. In the meantime — it’s easy to make shim recipes just like I often had to do back when we sold more die cutting choices such as the BIGZ dies, Sizzlets, etc.

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

On Jun 9, 2019, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48486h67@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Well thank you to my SUDSOL sisters (I guess brothers too sometimes). Thank you for the link and support. I agree, why do we get information in dribs & drabs? I simply don’t know why SU thinks that we all go to their website each day to see new stuff. Haven’t they heard about a group email blast? Of course we have Blythe who does a beautiful job of updating us on a regular basis, so I can’t complain and then of course we have SUDSOL so again I can’t complain. But what happens to all the others that don’t have these resources? Wasted time & effort and in the end wasted sales or unhappy customers. Before I get off my soap box I do have to say, once again, that I find the SU website less than friendly and hard to work through and find things.

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48486.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Harwood, please change the email address to: charwood@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48492.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

Great use for them!  Thanks for the idea!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 10, 2019, at 11:43 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48496h22@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Maybe the cardboard that comes with the paper Pumpkin kits would work too!
Plenty of that around!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2019, at 4:58 AM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48492h28@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: charwood@earthlink.net

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Harwood, please change the email address to: charwood@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48492.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48496.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h20@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece
In reply to this post by Catherine Harwood

I just got my SU order of new stuff today. I had ordered the Frame dies that also have the 3D embossing folders. I just played around with different combinations and what I found that worked was using the magnetic platform , a cutting pad, the folder and then the second cutting pad. What I also discovered is that the standard platform is just a little thicker than the magnetic platform and so it was was just enough to make it more difficult to run it through. I didn’t want to force it. The magnetic platform and plates worked well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2019, at 7:58 AM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48492h56@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

It seems to depend on the embossing folder then and each individual machine. We just have to experiment. Hopefully they will work consistently with the new machine. 

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2019, at 6:58 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48537h25@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

I just got my SU order of new stuff today. I had ordered the Frame dies that also have the 3D embossing folders. I just played around with different combinations and what I found that worked was using the magnetic platform , a cutting pad, the folder and then the second cutting pad. What I also discovered is that the standard platform is just a little thicker than the magnetic platform and so it was was just enough to make it more difficult to run it through. I didn’t want to force it. The magnetic platform and plates worked well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2019, at 7:58 AM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48492h56@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48537.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

I have a Vagabond that came with the regular base platform, plus a thin die adapter that’s about 1/16” thick and is generally removed when using embossing folders.  I discovered yesterday that it’s perfect for use with the new 3D Stampin’ Up! embossing folders.  So the sandwich is the base platform on the bottom, then the thin die adapter, then the embossing folder (with paper inside), and then the regular acrylic pad on top.  Worked great!

I have ordered the new SU adapter sheet, but it hasn’t yet arrived and I needed to prepare for a stamp camp this weekend ... so I improvised ... and it worked!

Cathy Hansen
Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 13, 2019, at 7:48 AM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48540h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

akviewpt@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@yahoo.com

It seems to depend on the embossing folder then and each individual machine. We just have to experiment. Hopefully they will work consistently with the new machine. 

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2019, at 6:58 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48537h25@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48537.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48540.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla

Hello!

I’ve been reading about the quick fixes instead of buying this $10 item which is like a fast food lunch… which once it’s eaten it’s gone 😊

I’ve decided after taking to many of my customers, I’m not going to sweat it. With this plate you just need the platform. Depending upon each machine’s calibration which we’ve always had to work with we many need a shim.

I do not know if we will need this tool when the new SU! machine comes out or if it’s a fix only for the current Big Shot, which is my assuming… But regardless, I’m going for the $10 product.

If my customers see me with it, they will get it too…. I’m a demonstrator, not a fixer….

I will share they can first try shims if they like, but I will not use only shims acting like there is something wrong getting one $10 item….

Just my 2 cents… there is no right or wrong answer….

Thank you to all who shared what you do as a work around.

Blessings,

Lois

Lois Folla, Independent Stampin' Up! Manager

Paper Craft Classes/Clubs/Parties & More Available 

Phone: 732-598-5026

Calendar of Events:  www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net 

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

Love It. Live It. Share It 

From: ml+s1100894n48542h18@.nabble <ml+s1100894n48542h18@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:24 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

I have a Vagabond that came with the regular base platform, plus a thin die adapter that’s about 1/16” thick and is generally removed when using embossing folders.  I discovered yesterday that it’s perfect for use with the new 3D Stampin’ Up! embossing folders.  So the sandwich is the base platform on the bottom, then the thin die adapter, then the embossing folder (with paper inside), and then the regular acrylic pad on top.  Worked great!

I have ordered the new SU adapter sheet, but it hasn’t yet arrived and I needed to prepare for a stamp camp this weekend ... so I improvised ... and it worked!

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 13, 2019, at 7:48 AM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48540h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@yahoo.com

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPhone

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

From: ml+s1100894n48483h20@.nabble [ml+s1100894n48483h20@.nabble]

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

From: ml+s1100894n48482h89@.nabble [ml+s1100894n48482h89@.nabble]

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48540.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48542.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

Good points.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@comcast.net

On Jun 16, 2019, at 2:02 PM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48587h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

lois@stampinpress.com?subject=RE: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hello!

I’ve been reading about the quick fixes instead of buying this $10 item which is like a fast food lunch… which once it’s eaten it’s gone 😊

I’ve decided after taking to many of my customers, I’m not going to sweat it. With this plate you just need the platform. Depending upon each machine’s calibration which we’ve always had to work with we many need a shim.

I do not know if we will need this tool when the new SU! machine comes out or if it’s a fix only for the current Big Shot, which is my assuming… But regardless, I’m going for the $10 product.

If my customers see me with it, they will get it too…. I’m a demonstrator, not a fixer….

I will share they can first try shims if they like, but I will not use only shims acting like there is something wrong getting one $10 item….

Blessings,

Lois

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPhone

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Kathy Slamar

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48542.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48587.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h73@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Dillon
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

I tried ordering the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder #151775 on a workshop order.  It would not take it.  Anyone have any clue as to why it did NOT work?
Thanks!!
Sue

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 3:02 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48587h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lois@stampinpress.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+New+3D+Embossing+Folder+Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hello!

Blessings,

Lois

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

cihansen04@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

I have a Vagabond that came with the regular base platform, plus a thin die adapter that’s about 1/16” thick and is generally removed when using embossing folders.  I discovered yesterday that it’s perfect for use with the new 3D Stampin’ Up! embossing folders.  So the sandwich is the base platform on the bottom, then the thin die adapter, then the embossing folder (with paper inside), and then the regular acrylic pad on top.  Worked great!

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 13, 2019, at 7:48 AM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48540h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

akviewpt@...?subject=Re: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2019, at 6:58 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48537h25@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2019, at 7:58 AM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48492h56@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

On Jun 9, 2019, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48486h67@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

On Jun 8, 2019, at 9:35 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48470h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I had one of the new 3D TEIF and I tried it tonight.  It did not work.  However, I still have the Big Shot Embossing Mats that SU brought out several years ago.   Remember those?  You could use them with your dies (cutting side up) and turn the die into a TIEF.   The gray silicone mat works perfectly as a shim when I tried it with the new Scripty 3D TIEF.

I am going to recommend this to my customers, because many bought the Big Shot Embossing Mats when they were available.  I love to have a solution other than having them buy one more thing because of changes in our products.

Kathy Slamar

PS  Does anyone know why that stopped offering the Big Shot Embossing Mats?  They weren't in the last catalog.

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h0@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml%2Bs1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48587.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h31@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy McCool

I’ve tried to order 151801 Tin Tile Embossing & it says it’s not eligible for a demonstrators order. Does anyone know what is up with that?

Cindy McCool

Life Artist

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-728-5011

From: ml+s1100894n48590h37@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48590h37@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:39 PM

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

I tried ordering the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder #151775 on a workshop order. It would not take it. Anyone have any clue as to why it did NOT work?

Thanks!!

Sue

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 3:02 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48587h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hello!

Blessings,

Lois

Lois Folla, Independent Stampin' Up! Manager

Phone: 732-598-5026

Calendar of Events: www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net

Shop Online Anytime

Stay Connected:

My Blog: www.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

I have a Vagabond that came with the regular base platform, plus a thin die adapter that’s about 1/16” thick and is generally removed when using embossing folders. I discovered yesterday that it’s perfect for use with the new 3D Stampin’ Up! embossing folders. So the sandwich is the base platform on the bottom, then the thin die adapter, then the embossing folder (with paper inside), and then the regular acrylic pad on top. Worked great!

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 13, 2019, at 7:48 AM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48540h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2019, at 6:58 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48537h25@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2019, at 7:58 AM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48492h56@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471 (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/321stamp
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

On Jun 9, 2019, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n48486h67@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator

I had one of the new 3D TEIF and I tried it tonight. It did not work. However, I still have the Big Shot Embossing Mats that SU brought out several years ago. Remember those? You could use them with your dies (cutting side up) and turn the die into a TIEF. The gray silicone mat works perfectly as a shim when I tried it with the new Scripty 3D TIEF.

I am going to recommend this to my customers, because many bought the Big Shot Embossing Mats when they were available. I love to have a solution other than having them buy one more thing because of changes in our products.

Kathy Slamar

PS Does anyone know why that stopped offering the Big Shot Embossing Mats? They weren't in the last catalog.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h31@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48590.html

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Anne Hayward
I agree, what shim you need will depend on your Big Shot.
I ordered the new embossing mat, but it hasn't arrived yet.
This is what I used for my machine and the Heirloom Frame die and embossing folder:
Regular platform on Tab 1, a piece of cardboard from My Paper Pumpkin, lower cutting plate, embossing folder with card stock.

My question: When I cut the embossed piece out using the die and regular BS sandwich, the embossing loses some of the detail after being pressed by the plates and run through the machine.

Any solutions for that?

Thanks.  Anne
Anne Hayward-Outline Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Gardner

The embossing folders that carried over are being converted to the new style so are not available to order. You can only order the marked new.

Diane Gardner
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

On Jun 16, 2019, at 3:52 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n48591h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE: SU!: New 3D Embossing Folder Plate

I’ve tried to order 151801 Tin Tile Embossing & it says it’s not eligible for a demonstrators order. Does anyone know what is up with that?

Cindy McCool

Life Artist

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-728-5011

From: ml+s1100894n48590h37@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48590h37@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:39 PM

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20New%203D%20Embossing%20Folder%20Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

I tried ordering the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder #151775 on a workshop order. It would not take it. Anyone have any clue as to why it did NOT work?

Thanks!!

Sue

Hello!

Blessings,

Lois

Lois Folla, Independent Stampin' Up! Manager

Phone: 732-598-5026

Calendar of Events: www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net

Shop Online Anytime

Stay Connected:

My Blog: www.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

I have a Vagabond that came with the regular base platform, plus a thin die adapter that’s about 1/16” thick and is generally removed when using embossing folders. I discovered yesterday that it’s perfect for use with the new 3D Stampin’ Up! embossing folders. So the sandwich is the base platform on the bottom, then the thin die adapter, then the embossing folder (with paper inside), and then the regular acrylic pad on top. Worked great!

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPhone

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471 (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/321stamp
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Thanks again!

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool

Montara, CA

thanks

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator

I had one of the new 3D TEIF and I tried it tonight. It did not work. However, I still have the Big Shot Embossing Mats that SU brought out several years ago. Remember those? You could use them with your dies (cutting side up) and turn the die into a TIEF. The gray silicone mat works perfectly as a shim when I tried it with the new Scripty 3D TIEF.

I am going to recommend this to my customers, because many bought the Big Shot Embossing Mats when they were available. I love to have a solution other than having them buy one more thing because of changes in our products.

Kathy Slamar

PS Does anyone know why that stopped offering the Big Shot Embossing Mats? They weren't in the last catalog.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48590.html

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/New-3D-Embossing-Folder-Plate-tp48470p48591.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h17@n7.nabble.com