Need some advice

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need some advice

nshopis
on how to advertise for an upcoming BIG event I am holding. I am running a 12 hour crafting retreat (yes, I know, ambitious right). I have no problem with the organizational part of the event but advertising/marketing it is another story. I have put it up on my blog and sent it out via my newsletter to anyone who has signed up for my newsletter and my customers. The problem is I have a small customer base. I have offered a $10 early bird savings which will end the middle of the month. I am thinking of adding a "bring a friend and receive $10 Gift Certificate to spend the night of the event" after the early bird offer expires.  I need about 17 people to attend just to break even.

The event is $89 ($25 of which is for the rental) which includes a $25 goodie bag, lunch and dinner, candy, raffles, games and a six foot table to work on. It is called a crafting event as I want to attract more than just card makers. Any crafter is welcomed as sometimes people just need to set aside a day to get things done without interruption.

I will be featuring boards with some 200 cards, 24-40 scrapbook pages, three D projects, that people can copy.
There will be 4 M &T's included in the price (which they will use product from their goodie bag to make) and optional classes for a fee (2 card classes and 2 scrap classes for $10/class).

The event promises to be a great one BUT I NEED ATTENDEES! I am putting an SU logo and contact info on my car, I am attending local scrap classes and will mention the retreat there to entice people to attend. I have a friend who runs a weekend retreat who has mentioned my retreat in her newsletter. I have contacted a few SU demos to ask if they would pass along information to their customers with a promise that any orders coming from this event FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS would be given to them to fulfill.

Sorry, long winded. So, HOW DO I GET THE WORD OUT THERE? What else can I do? The event is for March 29th, in Fairfield, CT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nicki
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Need some advice

Debbie Dutchess

How about posting the information on a Community Board at grocery stores, the library, at schools, or the location where you are holding the event.

Debbie Dutchess
Carmel, In

-----Original Message-----
From: nshopis [via Business Talk] <ml-node+s1100894n4241h10@.nabble>
To: debbie dutchess [via SUDSOL] <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Sun, Jan 5, 2014 10:04 am
Subject: SU!: Need some advice

on how to advertise for an upcoming BIG event I am holding. I am running a 12 hour crafting retreat (yes, I know, ambitious right). I have no problem with the organizational part of the event but advertising/marketing it is another story. I have put it up on my blog and sent it out via my newsletter to anyone who has signed up for my newsletter and my customers. The problem is I have a small customer base. I have offered a $10 early bird savings which will end the middle of the month. I am thinking of adding a "bring a friend and receive $10 Gift Certificate to spend the night of the event" after the early bird offer expires.  I need about 17 people to attend just to break even.

The event is $89 ($25 of which is for the rental) which includes a $25 goodie bag, lunch and dinner, candy, raffles, games and a six foot table to work on. It is called a crafting event as I want to attract more than just card makers. Any crafter is welcomed as sometimes people just need to set aside a day to get things done without interruption.

I will be featuring boards with some 200 cards, 24-40 scrapbook pages, three D projects, that people can copy.
There will be 4 M &T's included in the price (which they will use product from their goodie bag to make) and optional classes for a fee (2 card classes and 2 scrap classes for $10/class).

The event promises to be a great one BUT I NEED ATTENDEES! I am putting an SU logo and contact info on my car, I am attending local scrap classes and will mention the retreat there to entice people to attend. I have a friend who runs a weekend retreat who has mentioned my retreat in her newsletter. I have contacted a few SU demos to ask if they would pass along information to their customers with a promise that any orders coming from this event FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS would be given to them to fulfill.

Sorry, long winded. So, HOW DO I GET THE WORD OUT THERE? What else can I do? The event is for March 29th, in Fairfield, CT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nicki

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: nicki@inkpaperstamp.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Need-some-advice-tp4241.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h32@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.