Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

Phyllis Strickland
A customer sent an  order via text using pictures from the online store So it did not include item number. I used look up To find the item and inadvertently clicked the wrong line - ordered the clear stamp set.  Ima;so billed her based on this. The order came in  and I thought it was odd that she didn’t order a bundle because she always does.  Went back through my text messages to find the photo and to make matters worse it is the wood bundle.   I am going to do an exchange of course.  Would you ask the customer to  pay the difference or would you absorb the additional cost?  She is one of my top customers,  but I THINK she would understand   I’m not sure.

I have Made minor errors but I’ve never made a big one like this  since I started in 2003
Phyllis Strickland

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

donnab07

I would absorb the cost.

Donna

From: ml+s1100894n41776h98@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n41776h98@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:13 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Need%20advice%20about%20order%20errorA%20customer%20sent%20and

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

A customer sent an  order via text using pictures from the online store So it did not include item number. I used look up To find the item and inadvertently clicked the wrong line - ordered the clear stamp set.  Ima;so billed her based on this. The order came in  and I thought it was odd that she didn’t order a bundle because she always does.  Went back through my text messages to find the photo and to make matters worse it is the wood bundle.   I am going to do an exchange of course.  Would you ask the customer to  pay the difference or would you absorb the additional cost?  She is one of my top customers,  but I THINK she would understand   I’m not sure.

I have Made minor errors but I’ve never made a big one like this  since I started in 2003
Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Need-advice-about-order-errorA-customer-sent-and-tp41776.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

grantj

Phyllis,

In the name of good customer service, I would absorb the difference UNLESS she is a really really good friend.

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2018, at 6:27 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41777h86@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: Need advice about order errorA customer sent and
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I would absorb the cost.

Donna

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Need%20advice%20about%20order%20errorA%20customer%20sent%20and

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Need-advice-about-order-errorA-customer-sent-and-tp41776.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Need-advice-about-order-errorA-customer-sent-and-tp41776p41777.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by donnab07

I'd be honest with her and explain your error and tell her you're happy to absorb the cost of $X. She can decide whether to pay or not but she's now got a great customer review to tell others about who may turn into customers

On 13 April 2018 at 09:27, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41777h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE:+Need+advice+about+order+errorA+customer+sent+and
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I would absorb the cost.

Donna

pstrickland@...?subject=Need%20advice%20about%20order%20errorA%20customer%20sent%20and

A customer sent an  order via text using pictures from the online store So it did not include item number. I used look up To find the item and inadvertently clicked the wrong line - ordered the clear stamp set.  Ima;so billed her based on this. The order came in  and I thought it was odd that she didn’t order a bundle because she always does.  Went back through my text messages to find the photo and to make matters worse it is the wood bundle.   I am going to do an exchange of course.  Would you ask the customer to  pay the difference or would you absorb the additional cost?  She is one of my top customers,  but I THINK she would understand   I’m not sure.

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Need-advice-about-order-errorA-customer-sent-and-tp41776p41777.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

I had a similar situation but the price difference wasn’t as much because she wanted the clear. She insisted on paying the difference even though I told she didn’t need to.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Apr 13, 2018, at 7:13 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41776h88@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

Thanks!  I think $32 is a lot to absorb....  I’m hoping she will insist to pay the difference when I tell her what happened

Phyllis Strickland

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 12, 2018, at 8:22 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41780h14@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Need advice about order errorA customer sent and
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I had a similar situation but the price difference wasn’t as much because she wanted the clear. She insisted on paying the difference even though I told she didn’t need to.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Apr 13, 2018, at 7:13 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41776h88@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Need-advice-about-order-errorA-customer-sent-and-tp41776p41780.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Need advice about order customer sent and

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by donnab07

Thanks to all those who responded for taking the time to respond.  I got quite a variety of answers about how to handle this $32 error.    Phyllis

From: ml+s1100894n41776h98@.nabble [ml+s1100894n41776h98@.nabble]
Subject: SU!: Need advice about order customer sent and

Phyllis Strickland

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Need advice about order customer sent and

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by grantj

I am not sure if I responded to you personally, I got busy and lost track.  Thank you for your input.  It is very helpful.

Phyllis

From: ml+s1100894n41778h52@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n41778h52@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:05 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Need%20advice%20about%20order%20errorA%20customer%20sent%20and

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Phyllis,

In the name of good customer service, I would absorb the difference UNLESS she is a really really good friend.

Jan Grant

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2018, at 6:27 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41777h86@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: Need advice about order errorA customer sent and

I would absorb the cost.

Donna

From: ml+s1100894n41776h98@.nabble [ml+s1100894n41776h98@.nabble]

Phyllis Strickland