Merry & Bright ~ Prog: Scrapbook Samples

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Merry & Bright ~ Prog: Scrapbook Samples

NancyKeithley

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program the purpose of which is to assist you in incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing easy to demonstrate scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We had a wonderful day with family. Since my birthday is Sunday, we kept the three grandgirls until their parents come back on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. So while I am writing this, we are watching movies together - their requests - first it was "FROZEN", and now, "The Greatest Showman". We all enjoy musicals (it's in the blood!) and have sing-alongs whenever we have the chance. In fact, at my recent Christmas Card & Tag Stamp-a-Stack, we watched "White Christmas" and my stampers were also singing along, lol.

Although this is NOT a scrapbook idea, here is a picture of the projects we made at my CCTSAS:

That isn’t all I have to share today, though – I have a layout I created several years ago that I’d like to share.

If you look at this closely, you can see it is heavy on DSP (which is a good thing - DSP, contrary to my hoarded collection, is best USED while it is still fresh and new!). It is such a SIMPLE layout, and could be adapted to ANY of our holiday papers!

Also, the brown border - it was embossed by a no-longer-available folder, and of course, we don't have the Coredinations CS any more, but a stamped border or one of our border punches could give the same effect.

Here are the instructions for creating the layout (with sizes, etc):

Photographs ~ I used: 5 ½ x 8 ½, 4 x 5 ½, 4 x 4, 2 ¾ x 4 – yours may vary slightly, of course.

Prep steps:
If desired, “age” Designer Series Paper (DSP) strips for Christmas tree by sponging brown ink or chalk around edges and texture, punch or otherwise decorate border.

Assembly:
1. Adhere tree trunk (embossed brown piece, @ 1 1/8” square) at bottom of page, @three inches from right edge of background cardstock.
2. Adhere DSP strips as shown (1 1/8 wide by 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7” long > 5 strips total in different patterns of DSP), leaving a bit of space between strips (my sample shows @5/16” between).
3. Adhere gold or silver glitter star at top, using a dimensional.
4. Adhere brown textured cardstock border on left-hand page, as shown, about 1 5/8 inches from bottom of page.
5. Adhere shorter piece border on right-hand page, as shown.
6. Adhere pictures as shown.

Got questions? I have answers!!!! If you make this layout with current materials, please do share on the Pinboard!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

(no subject)

wingersonk

Hi

I am trying to place an order for Blackberry Bliss Cardstock. I used code #133675.  I am getting a banner that says it is discontinued.

I looked in the catalog corrections and can't find it.

HELP, HELP   I cannot figure out why I am getting this error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog
Visit my YouTube Channel
E-mail:  kathleenstamps5@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
|

HELP with Blackberry Bliss

wingersonk

Hi

I am trying to place an order for Blackberry Bliss Cardstock. I used code #133675. I am getting a banner that says it is discontinued.

HELP, HELP I cannot figure out why I am getting this error message.

Any suggestions?

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog
Visit my YouTube Channel
E-mail:  kathleenstamps5@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: HELP with Blackberry Bliss

Connie Babbert

I suspect that it is sold out at the sale price and you’ll need to wait until after the sale price to order at full price. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 23, 2018, at 6:46 PM, SUDSOL [wingersonk] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n45285h42@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathleenstamps5@gmail.com?subject=HELP with Blackberry Bliss
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathleenstamps5@gmail.com

Hi

I am trying to place an order for Blackberry Bliss Cardstock. I used code #133675. I am getting a banner that says it is discontinued.

Any suggestions?

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog
Visit my YouTube Channel
E-mail: kathleenstamps5@gmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to wingersonk, please change the email address to: kathleenstamps5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Merry-Bright-Prog-Scrapbook-Samples-tp45281p45285.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h69@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Blackberry Bliss Card Stock

Judie Snoots
In reply to this post by wingersonk

Could it be due to the On-Line Extravaganza, this item has reChed a pre-determined inventory level and the item number has been turned off until the 25th? Hope you find your answer. 

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018, 6:43 PM SUDSOL [wingersonk] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n45284h30@n7.nabble.com wrote:
kathleenstamps5@gmail.com?subject=(no+subject)
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathleenstamps5@gmail.com

Hi

Any suggestions?

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog
Visit my YouTube Channel

If you want the reply to go ONLY to wingersonk, please change the email address to: kathleenstamps5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Merry-Bright-Prog-Scrapbook-Samples-tp45281p45284.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h88@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: (no subject)

Andrea Sharp

Kathleen,

Not that it is really any help, but I am getting the same result that you described. I also looked in the on-line store and found that there is no Blackberry Bliss cardstock in that section.  

I researched the information on the SU site regarding the Online Extravaganza and found the following:

Item quantities are limited.
  • Depending on inventory levels, discounted pricing may or may not be available for items featured in the promotion throughout the entirety of each 48-hour sale.
  • Discounted items may be turned off if their supply reaches a predetermined threshold. We have set up each 48-hour sale this way so we are able to continue supporting you and your customers through the life of the annual catalog.
  • If an item is turned off during a 48-hour sale, it will be made available again at its regular price within 36 hours of its 48-hour sale ending.

Based on that information, I suspect that the quantity limit of the Blackberry Bliss cardstock for the sale has been reached, and that item has been "turned off". If it's any help, the Frosted Floral cardstock pack does include Blackberry Bliss.

Best of luck!

"... it isn't joy that makes us grateful, it's gratitude that makes us joyful." ~David Steindl-Rast

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 6:43 PM SUDSOL [wingersonk] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n45284h39@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
kathleenstamps5@gmail.com?subject=(no+subject)

Hi

Any suggestions?

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog
Visit my YouTube Channel

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Merry-Bright-Prog-Scrapbook-Samples-tp45281p45284.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h97@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Merry & Bright ~ Prog: Scrapbook Samples

Kathleen Brandt
In reply to this post by NancyKeithley

I love this

stampingwithkate@gmail.com
stampingwithkate@gmail.comwww.catskillstamper.com
stampingwithkate@gmail.comwww.katiebrandt.stampinup.net
(845) 331-3259 (h)
(845) 532-7382 (c)

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 1:39 PM SUDSOL [NancyKeithley] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n45281h89@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
fancynancykay@gmail.com?subject=Merry+&+Bright+~+Prog:+Scrapbook+Samples
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: fancynancykay@gmail.com

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program the purpose of which is to assist you in incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing easy to demonstrate scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We had a wonderful day with family. Since my birthday is Sunday, we kept the three grandgirls until their parents come back on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. So while I am writing this, we are watching movies together - their requests - first it was "FROZEN", and now, "The Greatest Showman". We all enjoy musicals (it's in the blood!) and have sing-alongs whenever we have the chance. In fact, at my recent Christmas Card & Tag Stamp-a-Stack, we watched "White Christmas" and my stampers were also singing along, lol.

Although this is NOT a scrapbook idea, here is a picture of the projects we made at my CCTSAS:

That isn’t all I have to share today, though – I have a layout I created several years ago that I’d like to share.

If you look at this closely, you can see it is heavy on DSP (which is a good thing - DSP, contrary to my hoarded collection, is best USED while it is still fresh and new!). It is such a SIMPLE layout, and could be adapted to ANY of our holiday papers!

Also, the brown border - it was embossed by a no-longer-available folder, and of course, we don't have the Coredinations CS any more, but a stamped border or one of our border punches could give the same effect.

Here are the instructions for creating the layout (with sizes, etc):

Photographs ~ I used: 5 ½ x 8 ½, 4 x 5 ½, 4 x 4, 2 ¾ x 4 – yours may vary slightly, of course.

Prep steps:
If desired, “age” Designer Series Paper (DSP) strips for Christmas tree by sponging brown ink or chalk around edges and texture, punch or otherwise decorate border.

Assembly:
1. Adhere tree trunk (embossed brown piece, @ 1 1/8” square) at bottom of page, @three inches from right edge of background cardstock.
2. Adhere DSP strips as shown (1 1/8 wide by 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7” long > 5 strips total in different patterns of DSP), leaving a bit of space between strips (my sample shows @5/16” between).
3. Adhere gold or silver glitter star at top, using a dimensional.
4. Adhere brown textured cardstock border on left-hand page, as shown, about 1 5/8 inches from bottom of page.
5. Adhere shorter piece border on right-hand page, as shown.
6. Adhere pictures as shown.

Got questions? I have answers!!!! If you make this layout with current materials, please do share on the Pinboard!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas

If you want the reply to go ONLY to NancyKeithley, please change the email address to: fancynancykay@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Merry-Bright-Prog-Scrapbook-Samples-tp45281.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h40@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: (no subject) Blackberry Bliss

NancyKeithley
Kathleen - I'm SO sorry - I am just now seeing this (I had a "mini" hysterectomy on Monday and am home now, but haven't been sitting at my desk very much!).

The answer to your question is that they had predetermined numbers of products for each selection in the sale, so once that number of items was gone, that item was not available again until the sale was over.

I hope you were able to get the cardstock you needed after the sale was over!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Nanc

wingersonk wrote
Hi

I am trying to place an order for Blackberry Bliss Cardstock. I used code
#133675.  I am getting a banner that says it is discontinued.

HELP, HELP   I cannot figure out why I am getting this error message.

Any suggestions?

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog <http://www.kathleenstamps.com/>
Visit my YouTube Channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDoL3AtQW3VSR74rb-cylvw>
E-mail:  kathleenstamps5@
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: (no subject) Blackberry Bliss

wingersonk

I did. Thank you 

Kathleen Wingerson
email:   kathleenstamps5@gmail.com

On Dec 1, 2018, at 5:18 PM, SUDSOL [NancyKeithley] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n45416h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

fancynancykay@gmail.com?subject=Re: (no subject) Blackberry Bliss
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: fancynancykay@gmail.com

Kathleen - I'm SO sorry - I am just now seeing this (I had a "mini" hysterectomy on Monday and am home now, but haven't been sitting at my desk very much!).

The answer to your question is that they had predetermined numbers of products for each selection in the sale, so once that number of items was gone, that item was not available again until the sale was over.

I hope you were able to get the cardstock you needed after the sale was over!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Nanc

wingersonk wrote
Hi

I am trying to place an order for Blackberry Bliss Cardstock. I used code
#133675.  I am getting a banner that says it is discontinued.

HELP, HELP   I cannot figure out why I am getting this error message.

Any suggestions?

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog <http://www.kathleenstamps.com/>
Visit my YouTube Channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDoL3AtQW3VSR74rb-cylvw>
E-mail:  kathleenstamps5@
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas

If you want the reply to go ONLY to NancyKeithley, please change the email address to: fancynancykay@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Merry-Bright-Prog-Scrapbook-Samples-tp45281p45416.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h2@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.