Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted

Carolyn Jackson
I cannot figure out how to make our Striped Treat Bags gusseted. I get that I need to score the sides and I think I need to score the bottom. What do I do with the bottom? Do I need to use an adhesive? Does anyone have a video or step-by-step tutorial? I have searched YouTube, Pinterest, and techniques here on our StamPINboard. Help?!
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted

Coleen Astalos
Administrator

I didn't see a response to this.  But in general all you do is score the same distance on all 3 closed sides of the bag.

Then pinch the two bottom corners (they'll be triangle shape) and adhere those triangles to the bottom of the bag.  

Coleen

Coleen Astalos
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com

See my jewelry for sale at www.flexibleaccessories.com

From: ml+s1100894n39183h18@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39183h18@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 2:01 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted

crj@woh.rr.com?subject=Making%20Striped%20Treat%20Bags%20Gusseted

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: crj@woh.rr.com

I cannot figure out how to make our Striped Treat Bags gusseted. I get that I need to score the sides and I think I need to score the bottom. What do I do with the bottom? Do I need to use an adhesive? Does anyone have a video or step-by-step tutorial? I have searched YouTube, Pinterest, and techniques here on our StamPINboard. Help?!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carolyn Jackson, please change the email address to: crj@woh.rr.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Making-Striped-Treat-Bags-Gusseted-tp39183.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h19@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted

Phyllis Strickland

Here It’s a YouTube video.  I remember doing this a number of years ago but didn’t remember exactly how.  It’s By Kay Kalthoff

Gusseted Mini Treat Bag with the Stampin' Up! Mini Treat Bag Thinlits

https://youtu.be/piQ8r7Xcjsc

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 10, 2017, at 7:33 PM, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39209h13@n7.nabble.com

I didn't see a response to this.  But in general all you do is score the same distance on all 3 closed sides of the bag.

Then pinch the two bottom corners (they'll be triangle shape) and adhere those triangles to the bottom of the bag.  

Coleen

From: ml+s1100894n39183h18@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39183h18@.nabble]

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted

Carolyn Jackson

Thanks, Phyllis. I had not seen this technique with the mini treat bag dies. My original question was about the premade striped treat bags but your YouTube video was a bonus. Thanks for sharing!

Carolyn

Carolyn R. Jackson

Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator

http://carolynjackson.stampinup.net

crj@woh.rr.com

937-307-4582

Carolyn’s Creations Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Carolyns-Creations-643171632491266/

From: ml+s1100894n39211h68@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39211h68@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 11:08 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <crj@.rr>
Subject: Re: SU!: Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Making%20Striped%20Treat%20Bags%20Gusseted

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Here It’s a YouTube video.  I remember doing this a number of years ago but didn’t remember exactly how.  It’s By Kay Kalthoff

Gusseted Mini Treat Bag with the Stampin' Up! Mini Treat Bag Thinlits

https://youtu.be/piQ8r7Xcjsc

Phyllis Strickland

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 10, 2017, at 7:33 PM, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39209h13@n7.nabble.com

Coleen

From: ml+s1100894n39183h18@.nabble [ml+s1100894n39183h18@.nabble]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Making-Striped-Treat-Bags-Gusseted-tp39183p39211.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h1@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Making Striped Treat Bags Gusseted, click here.

Virus-free. www.avast.com