Magnetic Plates - Request from Quality Control at Stampin' Up! Incident # 17497599

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Magnetic Plates - Request from Quality Control at Stampin' Up! Incident # 17497599

Phyllis Strickland

Good Afternoon,

I just now received a second message from Stampin’ Up! – it is below this message.    They want anyone who is having this problem to send in their plates and be sure to list reference incident  #17497599.      They will send you a new plate!

NOTE:  I got a lot of questions about this so it might be that the original thread was not in Product Q&A.    HERE IS THE PROBLEM in case you missed it:

It has been mentioned on SUDSOL and a couple local demo friends are experiencing the same thing – the dies jump around even when you use a reasonably flat cutting plate.   At first the platform worked great.  However it seems that over time something happens that the dies refuse to stay where you place them.  This really is a problem with stamped images.  Yes you can move the paper to a different spot, but often that means you need to trim the paper.   IF it is a larger image that work around isn’t effective.     Same thing if you want to die cut a certain section of DSP

I don’ know about other people, but I treat this platform like a big honkin’ magnet not like the plastic platform.  It does not go near anything electronic or metal, it does not get dropped or banged and I do not stack things on it.  So I feel like I have given it special care.

Phyllis

Hello again Phyllis,

I spoke to our Quality Department. They asked that your friends that are having this same problem with the polarization should send in their magnetic platforms as well. We will send them new platforms. If they choose to do this have them reference incident #17497599. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a lovely afternoon,

Pam Estes | Stampin' Up! ® | Demonstrator Support | (800) 782-6787

Incident # 17497599
(When replying, please reference this incident number)

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Magnetic Plates - Request from Quality Control at Stampin' Up! Incident # 17497599

Maria Pobre

Are we to contact them first so we can receive the replacement BEFORE sending out the one we have?

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 28, 2015, at 7:47 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17224h76@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Magnetic Plates - Request from Quality Control at Stampin' Up! Incident # 17497599
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Good Afternoon,

I just now received a second message from Stampin’ Up! – it is below this message.    They want anyone who is having this problem to send in their plates and be sure to list reference incident  #17497599.      They will send you a new plate!

NOTE:  I got a lot of questions about this so it might be that the original thread was not in Product Q&A.    HERE IS THE PROBLEM in case you missed it:

It has been mentioned on SUDSOL and a couple local demo friends are experiencing the same thing – the dies jump around even when you use a reasonably flat cutting plate.   At first the platform worked great.  However it seems that over time something happens that the dies refuse to stay where you place them.  This really is a problem with stamped images.  Yes you can move the paper to a different spot, but often that means you need to trim the paper.   IF it is a larger image that work around isn’t effective.     Same thing if you want to die cut a certain section of DSP

I don’ know about other people, but I treat this platform like a big honkin’ magnet not like the plastic platform.  It does not go near anything electronic or metal, it does not get dropped or banged and I do not stack things on it.  So I feel like I have given it special care.

Phyllis

Hello again Phyllis,

I spoke to our Quality Department. They asked that your friends that are having this same problem with the polarization should send in their magnetic platforms as well. We will send them new platforms. If they choose to do this have them reference incident #17497599. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a lovely afternoon,

Incident # 17497599

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plates-Request-from-Quality-Control-at-Stampin-Up-Incident-17497599-tp17224.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h6@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Magnetic Plates - Request from Quality Control at Stampin' Up! Incident # 17497599

Carole Fineberg
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17224h9@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Magnetic+Plates++-+Request+from+Quality+Control+at+Stampin'+Up!+Incident+#+17497599
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Good Afternoon,

Phyllis

Hello again Phyllis,

Have a lovely afternoon,

Pam Estes | Stampin' Up! ® | Demonstrator Support | <a href="tel:%28800%29%20782-6787" value="+18007826787" target="_blank">(800) 782-6787

Incident # 17497599

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plates-Request-from-Quality-Control-at-Stampin-Up-Incident-17497599-tp17224.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h39@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Hello SUDSOL,

I also think the magnetic platform seems to warp my plates faster.  I don't know how this can be, but brand new plates are only perfectly flat with the magnetic platform for about 30-40 roll-throughs. With the regular platform, the plates stay flat for about 75-100 roll-throughs.

Perhaps the mag platform is slightly thicker than the regular platform, so the pressure going through the roller is intensified. I have no other explanation, but I am keenly aware of it.

Bottom line, a new mag platform won't help me.

Carole Fineberg
Reno, NV

Carole Fineberg Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Reno, NV website/blog: http://CardmakingByCarole.com email: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

FYI... Pam is great to work with! She is the one who has researched and resolved many of the issues those of us on Guam have had.

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

www.StampingWithMia.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2015, at 7:47 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17224h76@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Magnetic Plates - Request from Quality Control at Stampin' Up! Incident # 17497599

Good Afternoon,

Phyllis

Hello again Phyllis,

Have a lovely afternoon,

Incident # 17497599

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h6@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

I had to call SU today for another thing and asked about the magnetic plate replacement. The gal is sending a replacement now and I can send mine back so we don't have to send it first. The person helping me did not know anything about it yet so be prepared with the incident number when you call.

Sue Erickson, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Life is good when you walk with God!

http://creationsbysue.stampinup.net
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

What would you do with some extra cash? Want a job where you decide when to work and how much you want to earn? Contact me for more details!

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:41 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17227h15@.nabble> wrote:

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Magnetic%20Plates%20%20-%20Request%20from%20Quality%20Control%20at%20Stampin'%20Up!%20Incident%20#%2017497599
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@

FYI... Pam is great to work with! She is the one who has researched and resolved many of the issues those of us on Guam have had.

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

www.StampingWithMia.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2015, at 7:47 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As < ml-node+s1100894n17224h76@.nabble > wrote:

pstrickland@?subject=Magnetic Plates - Request from Quality Control at Stampin' Up! Incident # 17497599
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Good Afternoon,

Phyllis

Hello again Phyllis,

Have a lovely afternoon,

Incident # 17497599

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h6@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plates-Request-from-Quality-Control-at-Stampin-Up-Incident-17497599-tp17224p17227.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h52@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Sage Kimble

Thanks for the clarification, Phyllis.  I've been frustrated with this platform for a while, as it seems I can't keep cutting pads flat enough for the magnets to hold, especially with small framelits.  Maybe part of the problem is what you're describing, I'll have to check that out.  Thanks for persevering with SU, and letting them know you're not the only one having the issue.

Nurturing Creativity, One Stamp at a Time

Sage Kimble
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
505-266-6240
email:  abqstamper@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/stampingmadly

On Jan 27, 2015, at 2:47 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Magnetic%20Plates%20%20-%20Request%20from%20Quality%20Control%20at%20Stampin'%20Up!%20Incident%20# 17497599

Good Afternoon,

Phyllis

Hello again Phyllis,

Have a lovely afternoon,

Incident # 17497599

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h47@n5.nabble.com