Magnetic Plate

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Magnetic Plate

Diane Gardner
I have the new Stamp & Cut Emboss Machine and the new magnetic plate.  My magnetic plate is bowing.  What can I do to stop this?  Have any of you had this problem?  Not a good selling point the way it looks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate

Chris Talbot

Yes, I used my magnetic plate in class last night and it bowed terribly.    I also notice the older open dies cut into it, but the newer dies didn't.  If anyone figures out how to flatten it, please let me know.

Chris Talbot

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:11 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n55471h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
dggard@bellsouth.net?subject=Magnetic+Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@bellsouth.net

I have the new Stamp & Cut Emboss Machine and the new magnetic plate.  My magnetic plate is bowing.  What can I do to stop this?  Have any of you had this problem?  Not a good selling point the way it looks.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@bellsouth.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h73@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I have started to notice that also.  However, since the magnetic surface extends over the entire plate, I don’t find that it interferes with the cutting. after I noticed the bowing, I placed dies all over it  and everything remained in place and the cutting was excellent.  I guess time will tell.  So far, I’m still in love with it even if it looks weird.

Kathy Slamar

On Sep 16, 2020, at 9:23 AM, SUDSOL [Chris Talbot] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55473h22@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

chrisndean88@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Magnetic%20Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chrisndean88@gmail.com

Yes, I used my magnetic plate in class last night and it bowed terribly. I also notice the older open dies cut into it, but the newer dies didn't. If anyone figures out how to flatten it, please let me know.

Chris Talbot

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:11 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n55471h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@bellsouth.net

I have the new Stamp & Cut Emboss Machine and the new magnetic plate. My magnetic plate is bowing. What can I do to stop this? Have any of you had this problem? Not a good selling point the way it looks.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@bellsouth.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h73@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Talbot, please change the email address to: chrisndean88@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55473.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Magnetic Plate

Char Stiehl
In reply to this post by Chris Talbot

I haven’t experienced any bowing with the Magnetic Plate and have really used it a lot.  I do try and cut multiple dies at a time and also move it around the plate. 

I wonder if anyone has had a problem with the detailed dies especially Many Medallions and Stitched Lace. 

I cannot get it to cut the center portion of the die even if I run it through multiple times. 

I have had the Many Medallions replaced but still have the problem.  It is also very difficult to run it through so much so that the handle snapped back and cut the top of my hand.

Char Stiehl

From: ml+s1100894n55473h81@.nabble <ml+s1100894n55473h81@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:24 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <chars@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chrisndean88@gmail.com

Yes, I used my magnetic plate in class last night and it bowed terribly. I also notice the older open dies cut into it, but the newer dies didn't. If anyone figures out how to flatten it, please let me know.

Chris Talbot

I have the new Stamp & Cut Emboss Machine and the new magnetic plate. My magnetic plate is bowing. What can I do to stop this? Have any of you had this problem? Not a good selling point the way it looks.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Talbot, please change the email address to: chrisndean88@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55473.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Pastva-Callahan
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

Ladies, thanks for the heads- up!  My magnetic plate should arrive next week.

Linda Pastva-Callahan
Leechburg, PA
On 09/16/2020 10:50 AM SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55474h30@.nabble> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@

I have started to notice that also.  However, since the magnetic surface extends over the entire plate, I don’t find that it interferes with the cutting. after I noticed the bowing, I placed dies all over it  and everything remained in place and the cutting was excellent.  I guess time will tell.  So far, I’m still in love with it even if it looks weird.

Kathy Slamar

On Sep 16, 2020, at 9:23 AM, SUDSOL [Chris Talbot] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55473h22@.nabble> wrote:
chrisndean88@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Magnetic%20Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chrisndean88@

Chris Talbot

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:11 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Product Q&As < ml%2Bs1100894n55471h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Talbot, please change the email address to: chrisndean88@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55474.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h10@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Occhipinti
In reply to this post by Char Stiehl

I don't have the magnetic plate yet, but tried the Ornate Frame dies last night and found the new machine cut no better than my decade-old Big Shot.
I tried our regular colored CS with dies in different orientations, and two types (old and new) of cutting plates and platforms. No difference. Pieces are completely cut through, but they don't 'fall out' of the finished die cut like they do with a Gemini Go that I have.
It's a decent, solid machine, and has many nice features, but this detailed die difficulty is a bit frustrating. I will say that small frustration won't prevent me from getting the mini once that finally becomes available--I need a small footprint, non-electric desk solution.

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

-----Original Message-----

To: cho1888@
Sent: 2020-09-16 8:25:38 AM

chars@cox.net?subject=RE: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chars@

I haven’t experienced any bowing with the Magnetic Plate and have really used it a lot.  I do try and cut multiple dies at a time and also move it around the plate. 

I wonder if anyone has had a problem with the detailed dies especially Many Medallions and Stitched Lace. 

I cannot get it to cut the center portion of the die even if I run it through multiple times. 

I have had the Many Medallions replaced but still have the problem.  It is also very difficult to run it through so much so that the handle snapped back and cut the top of my hand.

Char Stiehl

Chris Talbot

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55475.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h62@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Sandy England

Mine bows and I watched Frenchie’s YouTube and she said how they bow. 
Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2020, at 12:32 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55477h86@.nabble> wrote:

cho1888@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cho1888@

I don't have the magnetic plate yet, but tried the Ornate Frame dies last night and found the new machine cut no better than my decade-old Big Shot.
I tried our regular colored CS with dies in different orientations, and two types (old and new) of cutting plates and platforms. No difference. Pieces are completely cut through, but they don't 'fall out' of the finished die cut like they do with a Gemini Go that I have.
It's a decent, solid machine, and has many nice features, but this detailed die difficulty is a bit frustrating. I will say that small frustration won't prevent me from getting the mini once that finally becomes available--I need a small footprint, non-electric desk solution.

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

chars@cox.net?subject=RE: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chars@

Char Stiehl

Chris Talbot

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55475.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55477.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h73@.nabble
Sandy England
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

I'm not sure this would help, but I did read the paper that came with the magnetic plate.  It stresses storing the plate flat, so I've been doing that and haven't noticed any bowing - yet.  

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 9/16/2020 12:29:33 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n55479h46@.nabble writes:

sandyengland@embarqmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sandyengland@embarqmail.com

Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2020, at 12:32 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n55477h86@.nabble > wrote:

cho1888@?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cho1888@

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

chars@?subject=RE: SU!: Magnetic Plate

Char Stiehl

From: ml+s1100894n55473h81@.nabble < ml+s1100894n55473h81@.nabble >
To: SUDSOL Group < chars@ >

Chris Talbot

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:11 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Product Q&As < ml%2Bs1100894n55471h0@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55477.html
Sandy England

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sandy England, please change the email address to: sandyengland@embarqmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55479.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h71@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren

I really put mine to the use last week.  I do store it between the clear plates and set the machine on top of it.
Karen Bernhardt 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n55481h40@.nabble>
Date: 9/16/20 3:09 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <grammyKaren51@>

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@

I'm not sure this would help, but I did read the paper that came with the magnetic plate.  It stresses storing the plate flat, so I've been doing that and haven't noticed any bowing - yet.  

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@ (zero by 2)

In a message dated 9/16/2020 12:29:33 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n55479h46@.nabble writes:

sandyengland@?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sandyengland@

Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2020, at 12:32 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n55477h86@.nabble > wrote:

cho1888@?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

chars@?subject=RE: SU!: Magnetic Plate

Char Stiehl

From: ml+s1100894n55473h81@.nabble < ml+s1100894n55473h81@.nabble >
To: SUDSOL Group < chars@ >

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chrisndean88@

Chris Talbot

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:11 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Product Q&As < ml%2Bs1100894n55471h0@.nabble > wrote:

dggard@?subject=Magnetic+Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h73@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Talbot, please change the email address to: chrisndean88@

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@
Sandy England

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sandy England, please change the email address to: sandyengland@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55479.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h71@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55481.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h3@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Magnetic Plate

Claudia Gauthier
In reply to this post by Diane Gardner
Diane Gardner wrote
I have the new Stamp & Cut Emboss Machine and the new magnetic plate.  My magnetic plate is bowing.  What can I do to stop this?  Have any of you had this problem?  Not a good selling point the way it looks.
I really like the new features of the Cut & Emboss but am disappointed with the function of the S & E. After less than 40 die cuts the #3 plates are terribly bowed....and that was with constant flipping. I also had to create my own sandwich to use the ORIGINAL subtle 3D EF in order to get it through the rollers. Do I have to replace the original 3D folders as well? My magnetic plate arrives on Monday along with a new set of #3 plates.

Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman

I have the old big shot and bought a new magnetic plate at HObby Lobby. It has been improved to a shiny plate that doesn’t make impressions on the plate and goes through so smoothly. I got it last week when it was 40% off and used my coupon on something else.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 12:47 AM SUDSOL [Claudia Gauthier] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n55546h46@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

silversanddollardesigns@gmail.com?subject=Re:+Magnetic+Plate

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: silversanddollardesigns@gmail.com

Diane Gardner wrote

I have the new Stamp & Cut Emboss Machine and the new magnetic plate.  My magnetic plate is bowing.  What can I do to stop this?  Have any of you had this problem?  Not a good selling point the way it looks.

I really like the new features of the Cut & Emboss but am disappointed with the function of the S & E. After less than 40 die cuts the #3 plates are terribly bowed....and that was with constant flipping. I also had to create my own sandwich to use the ORIGINAL subtle 3D EF in order to get it through the rollers. Do I have to replace the original 3D folders as well? My magnetic plate arrives on Monday along with a new set of #3 plates.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Claudia Gauthier, please change the email address to:

silversanddollardesigns@gmail.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:

http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55546.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h94@n7.nabble.com

--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
stampnjoan@gmail.coml.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood
In reply to this post by Claudia Gauthier

Here is a bit more input on how I am (so far) keeping my new Magnetic Plate from badly bowing. I have been sure to cut in different places all around the plate each time. Of course this is easier to keep up with when just one person (me) is using the plate. My Stamp Clubs are still virtual right now so I do not have to deal with customers using it all in a row and not really knowing where the last person put their dies. When I am back to in person events, I may work out a system where the person uses a post it note to indicate where they had their dies so the next person to visit that station can use a different spot on the plate and then they can of course move the post it note to the location they used when they’re done.

When I am done die cutting — or when taking a break from die cutting — I am also being very diligent about stacking up my base platform and plates — with the magnetic plate on the bottom — and then setting the folded up machine on top as a weight to help keep the Magnetic Plate flat. As someone indicated earlier, the instructions that come with the plate indicated two tips: cut all over the surface and to store the plate flat. I am finding the extra weight when storing it flat is really helping.

I also find that because of the full magnetic coverage I can cut all the way at the edges so it is easier to be sure I am using the full surface. I don’t have to deal with the dies “jumping” around like I do because of all the little magnets inside the Big Shot magnetic platform so I don’t wind up using the same exact spots or the center so much.

I love the magnetic plate and the time savings from not fighting the little magnets that always made it harder to line up the die with the stamped image due to that jumping. So putting a little extra time into how I use it and how I store it is an ok trade off for me.

Catherine Harwood
charwood@earthlink.net

On Sep 20, 2020, at 12:47 AM, SUDSOL [Claudia Gauthier] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55546h27@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

silversanddollardesigns@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20Magnetic%20Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: silversanddollardesigns@gmail.com

Diane Gardner wrote

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Claudia Gauthier, please change the email address to: silversanddollardesigns@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55546.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Claudia Gauthier

What are the new features?  What dies it do that a Big Shot doesn’t do?
(Other than folding platform which new big shots also have)
Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2020, at 12:47 AM, SUDSOL [Claudia Gauthier] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55546h60@.nabble>
If
Reply | Threaded
|

Pamela Parker

Do we think the old style magnetic plate would work in the new embossing machine?  Or is it an entirely new sizing?? 
Pam

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2020, at 8:57 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55552h99@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2020, at 12:47 AM, SUDSOL [Claudia Gauthier] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55546h60@.nabble>
If

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55552.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h61@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren

The plates are interchangeable.   I demonstrated that for my customers.   I do like the new magnetic plate.  It's like the detailed plate we use to sell. The nice thing is that the small dies don't jump around. 
Karen Bernhardt 

From: "SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n55554h3@.nabble>
Date: 9/20/20 10:21 AM (GMT-05:00)

parkerp78@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: parkerp78@

Do we think the old style magnetic plate would work in the new embossing machine?  Or is it an entirely new sizing?? 
Pam

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2020, at 8:57 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55552h99@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

If

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55552.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pamela Parker, please change the email address to: parkerp78@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55554.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood

I agree that the Big Shot Magnetic Platform can be used in the new Cut & Emboss Machine — you use it in place of the base platform of course and you just use a clear plate on top of it. That is what I did until I could order the new magnetic plate.

The new Magnetic Plate is used on top of the base platform and thin die adapter layer — and it essentially takes the place of the bottom clear cutting plate. The key difference between the plate and platform is the way the magnetic surface covers the whole plate and is not the small embedded magnets in the platform that make the dies jump sometimes when the magnets are “fighting with each other” as I say. And of course the only thing between the die and the magnetic surface with the new plate is the paper that you are cutting — not a clear plate like with the platform style. 

In terms of the question about what are benefits of the new machine. I like that it has a slightly wider opening from side to side. I am finding that I can use an embossing folder sideways and not have the worries about “catching the edge” of the folder that was more of a concern with the Big Shot because the opening was a little narrower. I feel it is safe to use the folder that way when need so the paper can hand out the back of the folder because the air can escape if needed since two open edges of the folder are what is rolling through the machine. When I am using the folder the traditional way, I am always careful to but the hinge end through first so that as the machine compresses it, any trapped air escapes out the open back end. 

Another benefit I am seeing with my new Cut and Emboss is that I do find it is cutting some of my more intricate dies better. Dies that I may have had to roll through my Big Shot two or three times, I am only having to roll through once. I know this is dependent on the machine but that is what I am finding.

As for cutting more than one layer at a time — so many of the dies I use have embossed stitching lines and I would lose that detail if cutting two so I rarely did that before. I do think if it was basic shapes without stitching or intricate detail I could cut two. But it depends on how tight that makes your sandwich. My rule is that if I feel resistance when trying to roll the sandwich through I need to stop as it might be too thick.

I will continue to use my Big Shots as needed but since we have ended our partnership with Sizzix, I will be promoting the new machine that we now sell. And making sure I can explain how items for it can be used with Big Shots my customers already own. I am having customers order the Magnetic Plate to use in their Big Shots — and I have demonstrated how easy that is to do. Many of my customers are excited about getting the Mini Cut and Emboss machine when that is available — which is expected before the end of this calendar year.

Catherine Harwood
charwood@earthlink.net

On Sep 20, 2020, at 10:56 AM, SUDSOL [GrammyKaren] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55555h6@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

grammyKaren51@verizon.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Magnetic%20Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: grammyKaren51@verizon.net

The plates are interchangeable.   I demonstrated that for my customers.   I do like the new magnetic plate.  It's like the detailed plate we use to sell. The nice thing is that the small dies don't jump around. 
Karen Bernhardt 

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: parkerp78@

Pam

Sent from my iPhone

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

If

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pamela Parker, please change the email address to: parkerp78@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55554.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to GrammyKaren, please change the email address to: grammyKaren51@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55555.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Char Stiehl
In reply to this post by GrammyKaren

Yes they are interchangeable but I was told by Demonstrator support not to use them.  It can affect the calibration?? 

I have had such a time with very detailed dies (A Little Lace and Many Medallions) so I tried it and it worked with one pass through the machine.  I think it is because it has that raised portion in the center of the main platform.

My issue is that we can’t sell the old style plates because the old platform with the die adapter was exclusive to Stampin’ Up.

I will be calling Demonstrator support tomorrow because even with the new magnetic plate the two dies I mentioned will not cut completely even if I run it through multiple times.

From: ml+s1100894n55555h23@.nabble <ml+s1100894n55555h23@.nabble>
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 7:56 AM

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: grammyKaren51@verizon.net

Karen Bernhardt 

Pam

Sent from my iPhone

Phyllis Strickland

Sent from my iPhone

If

If you want the reply to go ONLY to GrammyKaren, please change the email address to: grammyKaren51@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55555.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Sandy England
In reply to this post by Catherine Harwood

Very nice write up Catherine. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2020, at 11:26 AM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55558h97@.nabble> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re: SU!: Magnetic Plate
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: charwood@

I agree that the Big Shot Magnetic Platform can be used in the new Cut & Emboss Machine — you use it in place of the base platform of course and you just use a clear plate on top of it. That is what I did until I could order the new magnetic plate.

The new Magnetic Plate is used on top of the base platform and thin die adapter layer — and it essentially takes the place of the bottom clear cutting plate. The key difference between the plate and platform is the way the magnetic surface covers the whole plate and is not the small embedded magnets in the platform that make the dies jump sometimes when the magnets are “fighting with each other” as I say. And of course the only thing between the die and the magnetic surface with the new plate is the paper that you are cutting — not a clear plate like with the platform style. 

In terms of the question about what are benefits of the new machine. I like that it has a slightly wider opening from side to side. I am finding that I can use an embossing folder sideways and not have the worries about “catching the edge” of the folder that was more of a concern with the Big Shot because the opening was a little narrower. I feel it is safe to use the folder that way when need so the paper can hand out the back of the folder because the air can escape if needed since two open edges of the folder are what is rolling through the machine. When I am using the folder the traditional way, I am always careful to but the hinge end through first so that as the machine compresses it, any trapped air escapes out the open back end. 

Another benefit I am seeing with my new Cut and Emboss is that I do find it is cutting some of my more intricate dies better. Dies that I may have had to roll through my Big Shot two or three times, I am only having to roll through once. I know this is dependent on the machine but that is what I am finding.

As for cutting more than one layer at a time — so many of the dies I use have embossed stitching lines and I would lose that detail if cutting two so I rarely did that before. I do think if it was basic shapes without stitching or intricate detail I could cut two. But it depends on how tight that makes your sandwich. My rule is that if I feel resistance when trying to roll the sandwich through I need to stop as it might be too thick.

I will continue to use my Big Shots as needed but since we have ended our partnership with Sizzix, I will be promoting the new machine that we now sell. And making sure I can explain how items for it can be used with Big Shots my customers already own. I am having customers order the Magnetic Plate to use in their Big Shots — and I have demonstrated how easy that is to do. Many of my customers are excited about getting the Mini Cut and Emboss machine when that is available — which is expected before the end of this calendar year.

Catherine Harwood
charwood@earthlink.net

On Sep 20, 2020, at 10:56 AM, SUDSOL [GrammyKaren] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55555h6@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Karen Bernhardt 

Pam

Sent from my iPhone

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

If

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Harwood, please change the email address to: charwood@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Magnetic-Plate-tp55471p55558.html
Sandy England
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
In reply to this post by GrammyKaren

I like the new magnetic plate, too, but mine has become warped.   I called SU! and was told to turn the plate over and run it back through the die cutter (without any dies on it) to try to flatten it back out every time I use it.  I’m trying that without much luck.  I am also placing dies on various sections of the plate.   Anyone else having this problem, and what are you doing  in an attempt to fix it?

I am also experiencing serious warping with my acrylic cutting plates.  I’m turning and rotating the plate each time I use them, but the warping continues.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55555h47@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55555h47@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 7:56 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

Karen Bernhardt 

Pam

Sent from my iPhone

Phyllis Strickland

Sent from my iPhone

If

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Sandy England

I think it’s the luck -or no luck - of the draw since the machines are not calibrated 100% accurately.    When I replaced my big shot a couple years ago I was so excited that it cut intricate dies on the first pass.  Other ppl I knew who got a new one were not as lucky as me.

I also think it’s due to being a new machine.   Mine no longer cuts on one pass with SU dies, even before they discontinued sizzix.

On the other hand I have my Gemini for more than 2 years now and it must have cut hundreds, if not thousands - of dies by now.  It still cuts on first pass, even with well used cutting plates, except certain SU dies such as best plaid
Phyllis Strickland

>> Another benefit I am seeing with my new Cut and Emboss is that I do find it is cutting some of my more intricate dies better. Dies that I may have had to roll through my Big Shot two or three times, I am only having to roll through once. I know this is dependent on the machine but that is what I am finding.