Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???

Blythe Klipple

I’ve been a Mac user for ever.  I normally use Firefox as my browser but use Safari for some things, sometimes.  I’m finding that Firefox is really getting ‘icky’, , like a pain in the neck, making all sorts of ‘upgrades’ that just don’t work for me.  Such as Pinterest:  I cannot use Pinterest on Firefox.  Dumb.  I haven’t used it for Pinterest for way over 6 months, maybe a year.  So I’m just using Safari now and I have a learning curve which is OK.  And I have a lot of passwords to update or change.  That’s ok too.

My question is about Chrome.  As a Mac user, do you use Chrome?  Do you like it?  Pros?  Cons?  Do you use it on your other devices as well?  I have a real problem about having Google invade my life so I’ve held back on Chrome.  I’ve just installed it on my laptop but don’t want to put it on my phone.  Am I nuts?  Paranoid?  Clueless?

All that said, I’d love your feedback on any of these browsers since we all pretty much use browsers for the same reasons — Stampin’ Up!, blog, DBWS, FB, Pinterest, creative searching or posting.  

Thanks so much for taking time to share some of your thoughts and experiences, especially with Chrome.  Even something simple like “Love it”, “Hate it” or “neutral” will give me some clues.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web and online store:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???

Nancy Hoetker

I know a lot of Mac users that use Chrome.  I’ve been a dedicated Apple user for decades, and I use Safari 99.9% of the time.  Sometimes there’s a website that just doesn’t behave right in it, and then I turn to Chrome.  Most often I switch to it for the auto-translating it does of foreign language stamping blogs, LOL.  I don’t think I have it on my phone or iPad.

Nancy Hoetker
Scottsdale, AZ

On Jan 11, 2018, at 10:49 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h40@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Mac%20Users:%20%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

I’ve been a Mac user for ever.  I normally use Firefox as my browser but use Safari for some things, sometimes.  I’m finding that Firefox is really getting ‘icky’, , like a pain in the neck, making all sorts of ‘upgrades’ that just don’t work for me.  Such as Pinterest:  I cannot use Pinterest on Firefox.  Dumb.  I haven’t used it for Pinterest for way over 6 months, maybe a year.  So I’m just using Safari now and I have a learning curve which is OK.  And I have a lot of passwords to update or change.  That’s ok too.

My question is about Chrome.  As a Mac user, do you use Chrome?  Do you like it?  Pros?  Cons?  Do you use it on your other devices as well?  I have a real problem about having Google invade my life so I’ve held back on Chrome.  I’ve just installed it on my laptop but don’t want to put it on my phone.  Am I nuts?  Paranoid?  Clueless?

All that said, I’d love your feedback on any of these browsers since we all pretty much use browsers for the same reasons — Stampin’ Up!, blog, DBWS, FB, Pinterest, creative searching or posting.  

Thanks so much for taking time to share some of your thoughts and experiences, especially with Chrome.  Even something simple like “Love it”, “Hate it” or “neutral” will give me some clues.

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h31@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

I use Chrome on my iPad and iPhone and have had no problems. I'm a PC user and finally gave up on Firefox a couple of months ago. I had the same experience with icky upgrades and some sites just no longer working on it. I've not yet had any site that won't work on Chrome.

Robin Messenheimer
Sent from my iPad

On Jan 11, 2018, at 7:49 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h71@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

Our school district has gone almost completely to using Chrome. I expect in a few years they will disable Safari on our Macs. Actually, I find I'm using Chrome more and more. Google Docs is very convenient for sharing files among teams.

At school, so not much time, but I would encourage you to try it on all your platforms. If you need help, e-mail me.

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On January 11, 2018 at 11:49 AM "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n40142h1@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

~Blythe

blythe@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???

Cathy Hansen
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

I still use Safari on my iPad and iPhone, but am considering moving to Chrome because it works well on my SurfacePro.  I was still using Internet Explorer for a few things on my SurfacePro (for instance, I used it to pin to my SUDSOL boards until I figured out how to do it in Chrome), but I’ve pretty much now started using Chrome as the default.  It seems to work well for me.

The reason I’m planning to switch on my iDevices as well as because I’ve never figured out how to pin using Safari, and many sites I visit just aren’t supported by Safari.

From: ml+s1100894n40144h67@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n40144h67@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:03 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Mac%20Users:%20%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

I use Chrome on my iPad and iPhone and have had no problems. I'm a PC user and finally gave up on Firefox a couple of months ago. I had the same experience with icky upgrades and some sites just no longer working on it. I've not yet had any site that won't work on Chrome.

Robin Messenheimer

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 11, 2018, at 7:49 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h71@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

blythe@stampingwithblythe.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40144.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Nancy Hoetker

I love die hard Mac users!  Thanks so much for your input.  I’ll try to focus more on Safari and then check Chrome for things like you just mentioned.  Thank you so much Nancy!!!  (and I don’t want Chrome on my phone either!)

~Blythe

On Jan 11, 2018, at 9:56 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40143h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

nhoetker@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Mac%20Users:%20%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nhoetker@mac.com

I know a lot of Mac users that use Chrome.  I’ve been a dedicated Apple user for decades, and I use Safari 99.9% of the time.  Sometimes there’s a website that just doesn’t behave right in it, and then I turn to Chrome.  Most often I switch to it for the auto-translating it does of foreign language stamping blogs, LOL.  I don’t think I have it on my phone or iPad.

Nancy Hoetker
Scottsdale, AZ

On Jan 11, 2018, at 10:49 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h40@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

My question is about Chrome.  As a Mac user, do you use Chrome?  Do you like it?  Pros?  Cons?  Do you use it on your other devices as well?  I have a real problem about having Google invade my life so I’ve held back on Chrome.  I’ve just installed it on my laptop but don’t want to put it on my phone.  Am I nuts?  Paranoid?  Clueless?

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h31@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Hoetker, please change the email address to: nhoetker@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40143.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???

Phyllis Strickland

I use Safari on all my Apple devices (iMac, Mac Book Pro, iPad Pro and iPhone) and never had a problem.  At one point I tried Firefox because it is  non-profit, Open Source and I like what Mozilla represents, but It was too quirky and didn’t work well at all.  Obviously I an AOK with Apple,  so I am OK with Safari.  I never tried Chrome because it is from untrustworthy Google.

I use Firefox on my work Pc’s because it is more secure and some sites I work with prefer it.   I do have Chrome on my PC  because I need it to play  Direct TV Now in the background when I work late and no one else is here (covers up any scary sounds, LOL) but I don’t like it for anything else.   Yes, Firefox is getting “icky” but I’ve endured it because I really, really don’t want to use Microsoft products or Chrome.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml+s1100894n40142h36@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n40142h36@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:49 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???

~Blythe

blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Robbie Rubala

Hmmm I have a Mac and only use Firefox.  Have not had any issues.  Wonder why you have and I haven't?

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:49 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Mac+Users:++Safari,+Firefox,+Chrome???

I’ve been a Mac user for ever.  I normally use Firefox as my browser but use Safari for some things, sometimes.  I’m finding that Firefox is really getting ‘icky’, , like a pain in the neck, making all sorts of ‘upgrades’ that just don’t work for me.  Such as Pinterest:  I cannot use Pinterest on Firefox.  Dumb.  I haven’t used it for Pinterest for way over 6 months, maybe a year.  So I’m just using Safari now and I have a learning curve which is OK.  And I have a lot of passwords to update or change.  That’s ok too.

My question is about Chrome.  As a Mac user, do you use Chrome?  Do you like it?  Pros?  Cons?  Do you use it on your other devices as well?  I have a real problem about having Google invade my life so I’ve held back on Chrome.  I’ve just installed it on my laptop but don’t want to put it on my phone.  Am I nuts?  Paranoid?  Clueless?

Thanks so much for taking time to share some of your thoughts and experiences, especially with Chrome.  Even something simple like “Love it”, “Hate it” or “neutral” will give me some clues.

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala
my blog - https://creationsinpaper.com/

my Stampin' Up website - http://robbierubala.stampinup.net

Robbie Rubala
Reply | Threaded
|

Robbie Rubala

I also use Pinterest every day on Firefox!

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Robbie Rubala <robbierubala@gmail.com> wrote:
Hmmm I have a Mac and only use Firefox.  Have not had any issues.  Wonder why you have and I haven't?

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:49 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Mac+Users:++Safari,+Firefox,+Chrome???

I’ve been a Mac user for ever.  I normally use Firefox as my browser but use Safari for some things, sometimes.  I’m finding that Firefox is really getting ‘icky’, , like a pain in the neck, making all sorts of ‘upgrades’ that just don’t work for me.  Such as Pinterest:  I cannot use Pinterest on Firefox.  Dumb.  I haven’t used it for Pinterest for way over 6 months, maybe a year.  So I’m just using Safari now and I have a learning curve which is OK.  And I have a lot of passwords to update or change.  That’s ok too.

My question is about Chrome.  As a Mac user, do you use Chrome?  Do you like it?  Pros?  Cons?  Do you use it on your other devices as well?  I have a real problem about having Google invade my life so I’ve held back on Chrome.  I’ve just installed it on my laptop but don’t want to put it on my phone.  Am I nuts?  Paranoid?  Clueless?

Thanks so much for taking time to share some of your thoughts and experiences, especially with Chrome.  Even something simple like “Love it”, “Hate it” or “neutral” will give me some clues.

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala
Reply | Threaded
|

Christine Josti

Hi Blythe,

I too am an exclusive mac user.  I use chrome for everything except Pinterest (I use Safari for that).  I can’t remember why I needed to do that, but I haven’t had any issues with this funny system of mine.  I used to use firefox but deleted it (again I can’t remember why).  I guess if I can’t remember why I made these changes, this system of mine is working pretty well.

Good luck!
Christine

On Jan 11, 2018, at 12:49 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h10@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h1@n7.nabble.com

Christine Josti   Mail Something Pretty
photoMobile:<a href="tel:339/788-1915" style="color: rgb(78, 75, 76); text-decoration: none;" class=""> 339/788-1915
Email:christinejosti@gmail.com
Independent stampin' up! demonstrator: card classes, hostess parties, cards for sale & Stampin' Up! catalog product orders

Christine Josti
Norwell, MA
www.mailsomethingpretty.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Parlitsis
In reply to this post by grantj

I have been a mac user forever and LOVE it!
I use Safari almost always.  There are some programs that don’t like Safari and then I use Chrome.  Firefox isn’t even ON my computer!
LMK if you need any help.

photo    Cathy Parlitsis
Paper Crafter, Mixed Media Artist, Blogger, Designer, Instructor, Speaker, Best Selling Author
<a href="tel:914-248-4019" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">914-248-4019 // <a href="tel:M-914-224-8087" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">M-914-224-8087 // http://www.StampsAndScrapbooks.com // Cathy@... // Online Classes at www.StampAcademy.com 

From: <ml+s1100894n40145h53@n7.nabble.com> on behalf of "SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n40145h53@n7.nabble.com>
Date: Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 1:17 PM
To: Cathy Parlitsis <Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com>

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Our school district has gone almost completely to using Chrome. I expect in a few years they will disable Safari on our Macs. Actually, I find I'm using Chrome more and more. Google Docs is very convenient for sharing files among teams.

At school, so not much time, but I would encourage you to try it on all your platforms. If you need help, e-mail me.

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On January 11, 2018 at 11:49 AM "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n40142h1@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40145.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h51@n7.nabble.com
Best,
Cathy Parlitsis

BLOG:  www.StampsandScrapbooks.com
Email:  Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/stampsandscrapbooks
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/StampsandScrapbooks
Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/Cathyvp
Online Classes:  http://www.StampAcademy.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Nona Hoecker

I’ve used Mac products for a long time and have never used anything but Safari except on a few occasions when I had a problem (with the SU demo site) and switched momentarily to Firefox.  If it doesn’t work on something not sure I know enough to blame the browser. lol

On Jan 11, 2018, at 5:00 PM, SUDSOL [Cathy Parlitsis] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40152h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Mac%20Users:%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com

I have been a mac user forever and LOVE it!
I use Safari almost always.  There are some programs that don’t like Safari and then I use Chrome.  Firefox isn’t even ON my computer!
LMK if you need any help.

photo    Cathy Parlitsis
Paper Crafter, Mixed Media Artist, Blogger, Designer, Instructor, Speaker, Best Selling Author
<a href="tel:914-248-4019" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">914-248-4019 // <a href="tel:M-914-224-8087" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">M-914-224-8087 // http://www.StampsAndScrapbooks.com // Cathy@... // Online Classes at www.StampAcademy.com 

From: <ml+s1100894n40145h53@n7.nabble.com> on behalf of "SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n40145h53@n7.nabble.com>
Date: Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 1:17 PM
To: Cathy Parlitsis <Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com>

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40145.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h51@n7.nabble.com
Best,
Cathy Parlitsis

BLOG:  www.StampsandScrapbooks.com
Email:  Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/stampsandscrapbooks
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/StampsandScrapbooks
Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/Cathyvp
Online Classes:  http://www.StampAcademy.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Parlitsis, please change the email address to: Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40152.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h55@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy Filley

I’m a Windows user and use Firefox for problematic websites, but normally don’t have a problem with Safari. I do not use Chrome.... I just don’t like it or the information it collects.   Just my take.

Cindy Filley
Cindyfilley@gmail.com

On Jan 11, 2018, at 12:49 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h42@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Mary Grauel

I have been a Mac user as long as they have been around. I use Safari almost exclusively. Not very often a site might not work well with Safari and then I use Firefox.  I maybe used Firefox once last year.  I also try not to let Google invade my life.  As more large, supposedly safe, companies are hacked I don’t want to be where everybody is. Why do you feel you need Chrome? 

Mary

On Jan 12, 2018, at 4:37 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy Filley] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40176h39@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cindyfilley@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Mac%20Users:%20%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyfilley@gmail.com

I’m a Windows user and use Firefox for problematic websites, but normally don’t have a problem with Safari. I do not use Chrome.... I just don’t like it or the information it collects.   Just my take.

On Jan 11, 2018, at 12:49 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40142h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Filley, please change the email address to: cindyfilley@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40176.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h76@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I also use Safari exclusively on all my Apple devices. Occasionally I’ll have problems getting a site to work for me. That’s when I use my husband’s PC.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Jan 13, 2018, at 12:16 PM, SUDSOL [Mary Grauel] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40182h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cmjnm@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cmjnm@mac.com

I have been a Mac user as long as they have been around. I use Safari almost exclusively. Not very often a site might not work well with Safari and then I use Firefox.  I maybe used Firefox once last year.  I also try not to let Google invade my life.  As more large, supposedly safe, companies are hacked I don’t want to be where everybody is. Why do you feel you need Chrome? 

Mary

On Jan 12, 2018, at 4:37 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy Filley] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40176h39@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cindyfilley@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Mac%20Users:%20%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyfilley@gmail.com

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Filley, please change the email address to: cindyfilley@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40176.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h76@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Mary Grauel, please change the email address to: cmjnm@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40182.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

Yeah Maria, fellow Mac user.   My hubby doesn’t have a PC—I’ve trained him in the way of the Mac with his first computer about 5-6 years ago so I’ll just have to fight with Safari on occasion and use Firefox in rare moments.

~Blythe

On Jan 12, 2018, at 10:56 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40187h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Mac%20Users:%20%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I also use Safari exclusively on all my Apple devices. Occasionally I’ll have problems getting a site to work for me. That’s when I use my husband’s PC.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Jan 13, 2018, at 12:16 PM, SUDSOL [Mary Grauel] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40182h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cmjnm@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Mac Users: Safari, Firefox, Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cmjnm@mac.com

Mary

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyfilley@gmail.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

My question is about Chrome.  As a Mac user, do you use Chrome?  Do you like it?  Pros?  Cons?  Do you use it on your other devices as well?  I have a real problem about having Google invade my life so I’ve held back on Chrome.  I’ve just installed it on my laptop but don’t want to put it on my phone.  Am I nuts?  Paranoid?  Clueless?

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h42@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Filley, please change the email address to: cindyfilley@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40176.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h76@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Mary Grauel, please change the email address to: cmjnm@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40182.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40187.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Mary Grauel

Gosh, can’t believe I didn’t respond to your post Mary.  I’m deleting emails tonight and saw yours.

I have dumped Chrome—no need.  Dumped Firefox—it’s just become a royal pain.

And I’ve forced myself to learn Safari inside and out.  I’ve only used a Mac since 1981.  Not a typo.  The only thing I’ve never had is a regulation iPad, only a Mini.

You’re a good role model!  :)

~Blythe

On Jan 12, 2018, at 6:16 PM, SUDSOL [Mary Grauel] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n40182h9@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cmjnm@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Mac%20Users:%20%20Safari,%20Firefox,%20Chrome???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cmjnm@mac.com

Mary

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyfilley@gmail.com

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h42@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Filley, please change the email address to: cindyfilley@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40176.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h76@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Mary Grauel, please change the email address to: cmjnm@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Mac-Users-Safari-Firefox-Chrome-tp40142p40182.html