Lots of Pre-Order Ideas Shared

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lots of Pre-Order Ideas Shared

Charlotte Lindmeier
We had a lots of shared ideas this week.  Thank you so much for participating.  Our winner of One Free Week of SUDSOL is Pam Parker.

Our question this week is:

What did you pre-order? How are you going to sell it?  Are you doing a class, workshop, stamp a stack, stamp camp, Open House? Give us some ideas. I'm trying to buy wisely so I can make some money. Maybe you are also.
I purchased lots of DSP and Ribbon. I will do a paper and ribbon share and also several Stamp-A-Stack events where they will make 10 cards. This always uses many pieces of DSP and Ribbon.
Sandy England
I am trying to buy wisely too! I decided on a focus on copper elements so chose the Brightly Gleaming Suite from the Holiday catalog for my pre-order and then chose additional copper embellishments and paper from the Annual Catalog.
I ordered one bundle with the snowman since my customers love snowmen and these are always good sellers.  They also love bundles with punches.  I will use this in my September stamp club.  Also I ordered the set with the moose and the one religious set.
I am planning on a catalog kick off event this month where my customers can do a make and take as well as pickup their catalogs.
Halloween and Thanksgiving is not real popular with my customers so for that I only plan on doing a class for treat holders.
There will be a Stamp a Stack for Christmas cards the last of September.
I plan on offering a class based on Christmas at least once a month but want to feature bundles from the main catalog while featuring consumables in the mini.
I ordered the leaves bundle, Halloween Bundle, and the Birds of a Feather. That way I can focus first on Fall. Next order will be Christmas. This helps we get my Sept. and Oct. card classes ready. In October I might throw in one Christmas Card.
I ordered the Cardinal Bundle and the Feels like Frost one. Love them both!
My catalog Kickoff will feature both along with the Memories and More with the cards and envelopes.
I’ll have my display boards full of cards, gift tags, bags and more.
I pre-ordered the Toile Christms bundle, Toile Tidings DSP, and Real Red Ruched ribbon. My up-line & I are planning to do a Christmas event early in October for our local stampers.  It is always a lot of fun.  
I ordered #Elfie and the Christmas Gleaming bundle plus a few ribbons and the dsp that goes with the Christmas Gleaming. I’m holding my first monthly Christmas Card Club next Sunday and will use these supplies for that. I’m also holding a Holiday Catalog party in early September. 
I concentrated on three bundles: Stars, Halloween, and Frost. I chose these for versatility and covering all seasons up thru the new year. I'm planning on an open house in September. And possibly a packaging type class in October or early November. 
I ordered the Fall & Halloween products to get ready for some craft fairs my daughter & I are doing. Also ordered the Christmas Countdown and Tags kits. I might send the Advent calendar to my cousin’s granddaughters in Arizona, although my daughter thinks they’d rather put it together than have it already made. They are in 4th & 1st grade. Anyway, I ordered the kit so I could evaluate (and show at the craft fairs). The tags I will keep got our family. We are in desperate need of some.
I purchased Beauty and Joy for Jeanne mega swap.  Snowman season bundle and Holly Jolly Christmas bundle for my Christmas Stamp a Stack in October. Punch Pine tree, toile tiding DSP and a couple ribbons and puff paint to put together for a few other card ideas.  Hope to interest others to purchase something to add to their Christmas collection of stamps.
Well, I actually haven't submitted my preorder yet . . . waiting for my catalogs to arrive tomorrow so I can get a better look at everything.  Having said that, I do have my eye on a few items.

Although I do make Christmas cards, I try to also make a wide variety of seasonal cards that aren't specifically directed at Christmas.  (My circle of friends encompasses many religious beliefs, and not all of them celebrate that particular holiday.)  For that reason I tend to be more attracted to the "Warm Winter Wishes" type of stamp sets.  Snowman Season and Free Skate are two of the few sets in this catalog that don't include typical Christmas phrases.

I also really like the Harvest Hellos -- so cool that the punch can make either an apple or a pumpkin!

And since Halloween is my favorite holiday, I've got my eye on a couple of cute ones -- Spooktacular Bash and Wonderfully Wicked (and the coordinating dies and DSP).

I have two monthly classes in my craft room and also participate in two separate monthly stamp camps, so my card designs are seen by many stampers.  Chances are that I will sell some of these sets to my customers in my classes -- the stamp camps are a collaboration of 10 demos, so I don't attempt to make sales there.  When the stampers ask about the stamp sets used, I tell them where they can find them in the catalogs and then direct them back to their own demos.
I have concentrated on Christmas themed since I am having a Christmas Stamp-A-Stack in Oct featuring 8 different cards; 2 of each for $60.
It was a true success last year!
I stayed mostly within the Toile (but not the cardinal bundle), Plaid, and Brightly Gleaming suites. I also ordered the Seasonal Wreath stamp set because it goes with the wreath dies. I ordered the Birds of a Feather because that can be used for all the holidays coming up. That’s it for a Haloween image and I bought some black ribbon to accent it. Finally, I ordered the Peaceful Boughs Bundle because I can use that on so many things.

Mostly I’m going to be selling to my online customers through digital and printed newsletters. I send the printed newsletters to half a dozen people who order from me regularly. I’ll be featuring Christmas cards, and will throw in a few fall-related cards using Painted Harvest and the Turkey from the Birds of a Feather set. I didn’t order anything else in the fall/halloween/thanksgiving range. I figured I can use the 6” color matching DSP for fall cards. Maybe the papers will grow on me and I’ll order later. But for now, I’m happy with what I ordered.

I have a caveat about this year’s holiday catalog. Last year, I could not order from the holiday catalog because we were in lava evacuation mode. One of my fellow evacuees and I made some cards using the So Santa Set (the Santa with the surfboard, of course). But that was it. This friend is visiting later this month from her current home in California and has said she wants to have several card-making sessions (we do these as classes for which she pays me, and others may come). So I bought everything that I thought that both she and I would like because she is more likely to order stuff that we both like. We held ourselves back last year. This year we’re going all out just because we can. So I ordered a bunch.
I am participating in 3 swaps based on the Holiday Catalog however, I am actually participating in 4 swaps. I decided to order based on what I want to do for my swaps.  I always use my swaps to entice customers to purchase items.  Later in the year, I sell my card swaps at 2 craft fairs that I participate in because I don't want to hold onto those fall and winter holidays cards for a whole year until the next craft show I do!  In addition, I also do classes; live and mail.  So based on what I do with the swaps, I ordered the Wonderfully Wicked bundle, Snow Front Stamp set, Itt Bitty Christmas Stamp set (should have ordered the bundle, but missed seeing that there IS a bundle), Day of Thanks Stamp Set (there's just something about the turkey and feather that appeals to me) and From Our House to Yours stamp set.  I also ordered most of the ribbons, the Tags & Feathers elements, Monster Bash Enamel Shapes, Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel dots, Come to Gather DSP, Wrapped in Plaid Specialty DSP, Toile Tidings DSP, and Monster Bash DSP.  For the SUDSOL Holiday Catalog swap hosted by Bobbie Ganley, I am using the Wonderfully Wicked Bundle, Snow Front stamp set (with an Itty Bitty Christmas Greeting), and Day of Thanks stamp set.  I like to do 3 different holidays for that swap.  For the other 2 swaps from the Holiday Catalog, I will probably use Snow Front and Day of Thanks,  For Jennie Dietrich's Mega Christmas Swap, I chose the Lots of Cheer stamp set from the annual catalog as my first choice and that's what Jennie has me down for.  I don't know if this long description will help anyone decide what to do, but I do hope I have helped someone who might be overwhelmed by the catalog make decisions about what to order.  I would LOVE to have every item in the Holiday Catalog, but I have to be realistic!
My Pre-Order included two bundles.  They are Gather Together and Still Scenes.  Since most of my customers do not live near-by, my plan is to make up some cards as soon as my order arrives and feature them in my mailings - hoping to entice some interest that way.  Of course for the ladies who do live close, I will offer a class.  
I bought the Tidings All Around Bundle and the Itty Bitty Christmas Bundle.  I think the first bundle’s dies can b used all year long.  I also loved the grouping of leaves in the stamp set.  I loved the idea of multiple Christmas backgrounds and all the sayings for the second bundle.  I am making many Christmas tags and cards this year and hope to entice some customers and newbies this way.  The rest of my order was all the accessories!  Love the plaid paper, the Toile paper, the ribbon, etc…….!
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Lots of Pre-Order Ideas Shared

Pamela Parker

Thanks so much.   I really enjoy being a member of Sudsol. All the ideas and input are so helpful. 
Pam

On Aug 11, 2019, at 11:03 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49379h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Lots of Pre-Order Ideas Shared
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

We had a lots of shared ideas this week.  Thank you so much for participating.  Our winner of One Free Week of SUDSOL is Pam Parker.

Our question this week is:

What did you pre-order? How are you going to sell it? Are you doing a class, workshop, stamp a stack, stamp camp, Open House? Give us some ideas. I'm trying to buy wisely so I can make some money. Maybe you are also.
I purchased lots of DSP and Ribbon. I will do a paper and ribbon share and also several Stamp-A-Stack events where they will make 10 cards. This always uses many pieces of DSP and Ribbon.
Sandy England
I am trying to buy wisely too! I decided on a focus on copper elements so chose the Brightly Gleaming Suite from the Holiday catalog for my pre-order and then chose additional copper embellishments and paper from the Annual Catalog.
I ordered one bundle with the snowman since my customers love snowmen and these are always good sellers. They also love bundles with punches. I will use this in my September stamp club. Also I ordered the set with the moose and the one religious set.
I am planning on a catalog kick off event this month where my customers can do a make and take as well as pickup their catalogs.
Halloween and Thanksgiving is not real popular with my customers so for that I only plan on doing a class for treat holders.
There will be a Stamp a Stack for Christmas cards the last of September.
I plan on offering a class based on Christmas at least once a month but want to feature bundles from the main catalog while featuring consumables in the mini.
I ordered the leaves bundle, Halloween Bundle, and the Birds of a Feather. That way I can focus first on Fall. Next order will be Christmas. This helps we get my Sept. and Oct. card classes ready. In October I might throw in one Christmas Card.
I ordered the Cardinal Bundle and the Feels like Frost one. Love them both!
My catalog Kickoff will feature both along with the Memories and More with the cards and envelopes.
I’ll have my display boards full of cards, gift tags, bags and more.
I pre-ordered the Toile Christms bundle, Toile Tidings DSP, and Real Red Ruched ribbon. My up-line & I are planning to do a Christmas event early in October for our local stampers. It is always a lot of fun.
I ordered #Elfie and the Christmas Gleaming bundle plus a few ribbons and the dsp that goes with the Christmas Gleaming. I’m holding my first monthly Christmas Card Club next Sunday and will use these supplies for that. I’m also holding a Holiday Catalog party in early September.
I concentrated on three bundles: Stars, Halloween, and Frost. I chose these for versatility and covering all seasons up thru the new year. I'm planning on an open house in September. And possibly a packaging type class in October or early November.
I ordered the Fall & Halloween products to get ready for some craft fairs my daughter & I are doing. Also ordered the Christmas Countdown and Tags kits. I might send the Advent calendar to my cousin’s granddaughters in Arizona, although my daughter thinks they’d rather put it together than have it already made. They are in 4th & 1st grade. Anyway, I ordered the kit so I could evaluate (and show at the craft fairs). The tags I will keep got our family. We are in desperate need of some.
I purchased Beauty and Joy for Jeanne mega swap. Snowman season bundle and Holly Jolly Christmas bundle for my Christmas Stamp a Stack in October. Punch Pine tree, toile tiding DSP and a couple ribbons and puff paint to put together for a few other card ideas. Hope to interest others to purchase something to add to their Christmas collection of stamps.
Well, I actually haven't submitted my preorder yet . . . waiting for my catalogs to arrive tomorrow so I can get a better look at everything. Having said that, I do have my eye on a few items.

Although I do make Christmas cards, I try to also make a wide variety of seasonal cards that aren't specifically directed at Christmas. (My circle of friends encompasses many religious beliefs, and not all of them celebrate that particular holiday.) For that reason I tend to be more attracted to the "Warm Winter Wishes" type of stamp sets. Snowman Season and Free Skate are two of the few sets in this catalog that don't include typical Christmas phrases.

I also really like the Harvest Hellos -- so cool that the punch can make either an apple or a pumpkin!

And since Halloween is my favorite holiday, I've got my eye on a couple of cute ones -- Spooktacular Bash and Wonderfully Wicked (and the coordinating dies and DSP).

I have two monthly classes in my craft room and also participate in two separate monthly stamp camps, so my card designs are seen by many stampers. Chances are that I will sell some of these sets to my customers in my classes -- the stamp camps are a collaboration of 10 demos, so I don't attempt to make sales there. When the stampers ask about the stamp sets used, I tell them where they can find them in the catalogs and then direct them back to their own demos.
I have concentrated on Christmas themed since I am having a Christmas Stamp-A-Stack in Oct featuring 8 different cards; 2 of each for $60.
It was a true success last year!
I stayed mostly within the Toile (but not the cardinal bundle), Plaid, and Brightly Gleaming suites. I also ordered the Seasonal Wreath stamp set because it goes with the wreath dies. I ordered the Birds of a Feather because that can be used for all the holidays coming up. That’s it for a Haloween image and I bought some black ribbon to accent it. Finally, I ordered the Peaceful Boughs Bundle because I can use that on so many things.

Mostly I’m going to be selling to my online customers through digital and printed newsletters. I send the printed newsletters to half a dozen people who order from me regularly. I’ll be featuring Christmas cards, and will throw in a few fall-related cards using Painted Harvest and the Turkey from the Birds of a Feather set. I didn’t order anything else in the fall/halloween/thanksgiving range. I figured I can use the 6” color matching DSP for fall cards. Maybe the papers will grow on me and I’ll order later. But for now, I’m happy with what I ordered.

I have a caveat about this year’s holiday catalog. Last year, I could not order from the holiday catalog because we were in lava evacuation mode. One of my fellow evacuees and I made some cards using the So Santa Set (the Santa with the surfboard, of course). But that was it. This friend is visiting later this month from her current home in California and has said she wants to have several card-making sessions (we do these as classes for which she pays me, and others may come). So I bought everything that I thought that both she and I would like because she is more likely to order stuff that we both like. We held ourselves back last year. This year we’re going all out just because we can. So I ordered a bunch.
I am participating in 3 swaps based on the Holiday Catalog however, I am actually participating in 4 swaps. I decided to order based on what I want to do for my swaps. I always use my swaps to entice customers to purchase items. Later in the year, I sell my card swaps at 2 craft fairs that I participate in because I don't want to hold onto those fall and winter holidays cards for a whole year until the next craft show I do! In addition, I also do classes; live and mail. So based on what I do with the swaps, I ordered the Wonderfully Wicked bundle, Snow Front Stamp set, Itt Bitty Christmas Stamp set (should have ordered the bundle, but missed seeing that there IS a bundle), Day of Thanks Stamp Set (there's just something about the turkey and feather that appeals to me) and From Our House to Yours stamp set. I also ordered most of the ribbons, the Tags & Feathers elements, Monster Bash Enamel Shapes, Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel dots, Come to Gather DSP, Wrapped in Plaid Specialty DSP, Toile Tidings DSP, and Monster Bash DSP. For the SUDSOL Holiday Catalog swap hosted by Bobbie Ganley, I am using the Wonderfully Wicked Bundle, Snow Front stamp set (with an Itty Bitty Christmas Greeting), and Day of Thanks stamp set. I like to do 3 different holidays for that swap. For the other 2 swaps from the Holiday Catalog, I will probably use Snow Front and Day of Thanks, For Jennie Dietrich's Mega Christmas Swap, I chose the Lots of Cheer stamp set from the annual catalog as my first choice and that's what Jennie has me down for. I don't know if this long description will help anyone decide what to do, but I do hope I have helped someone who might be overwhelmed by the catalog make decisions about what to order. I would LOVE to have every item in the Holiday Catalog, but I have to be realistic!
My Pre-Order included two bundles. They are Gather Together and Still Scenes. Since most of my customers do not live near-by, my plan is to make up some cards as soon as my order arrives and feature them in my mailings - hoping to entice some interest that way. Of course for the ladies who do live close, I will offer a class.
I bought the Tidings All Around Bundle and the Itty Bitty Christmas Bundle. I think the first bundle’s dies can b used all year long. I also loved the grouping of leaves in the stamp set. I loved the idea of multiple Christmas backgrounds and all the sayings for the second bundle. I am making many Christmas tags and cards this year and hope to entice some customers and newbies this way. The rest of my order was all the accessories! Love the plaid paper, the Toile paper, the ribbon, etc…….!
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lots-of-Pre-Order-Ideas-Shared-tp49379.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.