classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Links in Newsletter Challenge!

Sue Erickson

Hi everyone,
I had my newsletter through AWeber all ready to go this morning except for a couple of pictures I wanted to include from the new store. A week or two ago SU told us that we needed to add a 1 after the www in the link which I was careful to do. This morning the links only took me to my store front page. So I carefully created new links using the link generator which SU has given us to help with changing links and they were working correctly. It’s a good help and easy to use. However, I had to save and exit my newsletter for a while. When I went back in to finish it, all the new links only linked to my store front again! Arrrggghhh! Consequently, I unlinked all the products and just put a link at the end of my newsletter to my store front. I hope they fix the issue. I did give them feedback. I hope others are having an easier time of this.

Sue Erickson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Links in Newsletter Challenge!

Holly Krautkremer

Sue I update client websites and etc. Take out the 1 all together. If you want to link to something specifically open that page copy past the address in the address bar. For example say you want to link to the Holiday Catalog items then add your demo idea number behind the = sign.

Then for anything else you want to link to other than the homepage just keep repeating.

I spent 5 hours total updating client sites today so I feel your pain! lol

Holly

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 2:34 PM SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54790h83@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Links+in+Newsletter+Challenge!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@soggystamper.com

Hi everyone,
I had my newsletter through AWeber all ready to go this morning except for a couple of pictures I wanted to include from the new store. A week or two ago SU told us that we needed to add a 1 after the www in the link which I was careful to do. This morning the links only took me to my store front page. So I carefully created new links using the link generator which SU has given us to help with changing links and they were working correctly. It’s a good help and easy to use. However, I had to save and exit my newsletter for a while. When I went back in to finish it, all the new links only linked to my store front again! Arrrggghhh! Consequently, I unlinked all the products and just put a link at the end of my newsletter to my store front. I hope they fix the issue. I did give them feedback. I hope others are having an easier time of this.

Sue Erickson

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Links-in-Newsletter-Challenge-tp54790.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h86@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and Creative Coach
Holly Krautkremer
My Blog http://rubberredneck.typepad.com
Shop with me! ShopRubberRedneck.com
Join My Team HERE
My Etsy Store HERE
The Rubber Redneck STAMPede On-line Class Visit HERE!