Lily dies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lily dies

Barbara Stitt
Has anyone had trouble with the lily dies?  We’ve had a terrible result with them.  Neither I, my husband
Or friend can get the to match the stamp..  we’ve tried many ways, but nothing works!  SU is sending a
New set, but i’m Afraid they will be the same.  Now we’re wondering if it’s the stamp set instead.  I ended
Up hand cutting leaves for the cards I was making today.  I’ve watched videos by two different Demos
And theirs seemed to look okay.  Any input?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Lily dies

Nancy Hoetker

Here’s what I put in my March newsletter:

On 3 Mar 2019, at 4:22 pm, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46842h40@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Lily%20dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

Has anyone had trouble with the lily dies?  We’ve had a terrible result with them.  Neither I, my husband
Or friend can get the to match the stamp..  we’ve tried many ways, but nothing works!  SU is sending a
New set, but i’m Afraid they will be the same.  Now we’re wondering if it’s the stamp set instead.  I ended
Up hand cutting leaves for the cards I was making today.  I’ve watched videos by two different Demos

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, ml+s1100894n66h84@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Card Requests, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

Thanks Nancy.  We’ll try it again.  Ours did not line up, but maybe we 
weren’t doing it right.  Your diagrams and descriptions are great!
Thank you so much for the advice.  Will try again!  Will let you know!

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 3, 2019, at 12:56 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46843h79@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

nhoetker@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Lily dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nhoetker@mac.com

On 3 Mar 2019, at 4:22 pm, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46842h40@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Hoetker, please change the email address to: nhoetker@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46843.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h92@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Janet Smith

I thought the same thing Barbara.  I wasn't impressed.  But I'll have try try Nancy's directions.. 
Janet 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10:07 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46844h81@.nabble> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Lily dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@

Thanks Nancy.  We’ll try it again.  Ours did not line up, but maybe we 
weren’t doing it right.  Your diagrams and descriptions are great!
Thank you so much for the advice.  Will try again!  Will let you know!

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 3, 2019, at 12:56 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Card Requests < ml+s1100894n46843h79@.nabble > wrote:

nhoetker@?subject=Re: SU!: Lily dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nhoetker@

On 3 Mar 2019, at 4:22 pm, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46842h40@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Hoetker, please change the email address to: nhoetker@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46843.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h92@.nabble

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46844.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h63@.nabble

Janet
Janet Smith, Santa Rosa, CA
janetstamps@pacbell.net

SU! Web: http://www.stampinwithjanet.stampinup.net

Our 17 year old granddaughter Annika suffered a massive brain bleed on Oct. 8. Although she hasn't woken up yet, she's  home to continue her recovery with her family. To smooth the family's way, we're asking for your help! - See more at:

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/helping-annika-heal/119478
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Lily dies

Ann Lewis
In reply to this post by Barbara Stitt

The stamps are flexible (as they are long and skinny) and therefore their shape moves.  Place the stamp down and the framelit over it to make sure it is the right shape and then ink up the stamp.  Will send a photo if this makes no sense to you.

Ann

From: ml+s1100894n46842h0@.nabble <ml+s1100894n46842h0@.nabble>
Sent: Sunday, 3 March 2019 3:23 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <annspaperworks@.net>
Subject: SU!: Lily dies

Reply | Threaded
|

SchroderL

when placing your stamps on your blocks use the framelits as a guide.  Place your stamp inside the framelit then place onto block.  They will line up perfectly doing it this way 

Leonie Schroder
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

On 3 March 2019 4:23:04 pm "SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests" <ml+s1100894n46842h67@.nabble> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Lily dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@

To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h11@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Nancy Hoetker

Thank you for this wonderful visual!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Mar 3, 2019, at 3:56 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46843h65@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nhoetker@mac.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Hoetker, please change the email address to: nhoetker@mac.com
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h78@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood

This is a great tip Nancy as the photopolymer stamps tend to bend a little when you put them on the block so it makes sense that they could wind up not the exact shape that was intended so the framelit does not fit. I will be sharing this inspired trick.

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
Check out samples and ideas at: 
www.321stamp.com/

On Mar 3, 2019, at 12:56 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46843h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

nhoetker@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Lily%20dies

To start a new topic under Card Requests, ml+s1100894n66h47@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Becky Cummins

This is a fantastic pictorial tip.  TFS

Becky in Battle Creek

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46843h51@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Sun, Mar 3, 2019 12:56 am
Subject: Re: SU!: Lily dies

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nhoetker@

On 3 Mar 2019, at 4:22 pm, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests < ml+s1100894n46842h40@.nabble > wrote:

Tnstampingranny@?subject=Lily%20dies

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@
To start a new topic under Card Requests, ml+s1100894n66h84@.nabble

To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h64@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Angie Brailsford

WOW...thank you! Such a great tip!

On Mar 2, 2019 11:56 PM, "SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Card Requests" <ml%2Bs1100894n46843h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
nhoetker@mac.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Lily+dies

On 3 Mar 2019, at 4:22 pm, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml%2Bs1100894n46842h40@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@...?subject=Lily%20dies

Has anyone had trouble with the lily dies?  We’ve had a terrible result with them.  Neither I, my husband
Or friend can get the to match the stamp..  we’ve tried many ways, but nothing works!  SU is sending a
New set, but i’m Afraid they will be the same.  Now we’re wondering if it’s the stamp set instead.  I ended
Up hand cutting leaves for the cards I was making today.  I’ve watched videos by two different Demos
And theirs seemed to look okay.  Any input?

To start a new topic under Card Requests, ml%2Bs1100894n66h84@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml%2Bs1100894n66h62@n7.nabble.com
Always looking forward to a stampin’ good time! Angie Brailsford n2ink.stampinup.net n2ink2@gmail.com Let me be your CARDiologist ♥
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Lily dies

Denise Foor
In reply to this post by Janet Smith

Thanks so much for this wonderful visual.  Love it.  TFS

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin’ Up! Manager, Creative Coach

Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops

24 hour store:  www.denisefoor.stampinup.net
Blog:          
www.denisefoor.blogspot.com

You Tube:   www.youtube.com/c/DeniseFoorStudioPA
Etsy Store:  
www.etsy.com/shop/denisefoor

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/denise.foorStudioPA

Pinterest:    www.pinterest.com/denise_foor/

On Mar 3, 2019, at 12:56 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Hoetker] via Card Requests < ml+s1100894n46843h79@.nabble > wrote:

On 3 Mar 2019, at 4:22 pm, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46842h40@n7.nabble.com%20> wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Hoetker, please change the email address to: nhoetker@

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46844.html

Janet
janetstamps@pacbell.net

Our 17 year old granddaughter Annika suffered a massive brain bleed on Oct. 8. Although she hasn't woken up yet, she's  home to continue her recovery with her family. To smooth the family's way, we're asking for your help! - See more at:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Janet Smith, please change the email address to: janetstamps@pacbell.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46845.html

To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h67@n7.nabble.com

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Reply | Threaded
|

BobbieGanley

I positioned the stamps on the thinlits and then put the clear block on the stamps. That way
they were shaped like the dies.
That worked for me - I didn't use all the stamps, just the 2 lily stamps and 2 of the stem stamps.

Bobbie Ganley
San Antonio, TX

On Saturday, March 2, 2019, 11:22:52 PM CST, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46842h92@.nabble> wrote:

Reply | Threaded
|

Jennie Dietrich
In reply to this post by Denise Foor

This really is a fantastic visual... Can we add this to the SUDSOL library.  I can see this helping with more stamps than just these.

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom

On Sunday, March 3, 2019, 10:32:56 AM CST, SUDSOL [Denise Foor] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46854h6@.nabble> wrote:

dfoorstudiopa@embarqmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Lily dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dfoorstudiopa@

Thanks so much for this wonderful visual. Love it. TFS

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin’ Up! Manager, Creative Coach

Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops

24 hour store: www.denisefoor.stampinup.net
Blog: 
www.denisefoor.blogspot.com

You Tube: www.youtube.com/c/DeniseFoorStudioPA
Etsy Store:  
www.etsy.com/shop/denisefoor

Facebook: www.facebook.com/denise.foorStudioPA

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/denise_foor/

On 3 Mar 2019, at 4:22 pm, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests < ml+s1100894n46842h40@.nabble%20 > wrote:

Tnstampingranny@?subject=Lily%20dies

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@

To start a new topic under Card Requests, ml+s1100894n66h84@.nabble

Janet
janetstamps@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Janet Smith, please change the email address to: janetstamps@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46845.html

To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h67@.nabble

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@ Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Denise Foor, please change the email address to: dfoorstudiopa@embarqmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46854.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h78@.nabble
Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by BobbieGanley

I want to thank everyone for the great advice on the lily dies!  And Nancy,
The illustration was fantastic!  What a great, sharing and talented group
We have here.  Thank you all SO much!  

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 3, 2019, at 9:06 PM, SUDSOL [BobbieGanley] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46860h6@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

bobbieganley@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Lily dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bobbieganley@yahoo.com

I positioned the stamps on the thinlits and then put the clear block on the stamps. That way
they were shaped like the dies.
That worked for me - I didn't use all the stamps, just the 2 lily stamps and 2 of the stem stamps.

Bobbie Ganley
San Antonio, TX

On Saturday, March 2, 2019, 11:22:52 PM CST, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Card Requests <ml+s1100894n46842h92@.nabble> wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to BobbieGanley, please change the email address to: bobbieganley@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Lily-dies-tp46842p46860.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml+s1100894n66h92@n7.nabble.com