Just a Note and my new toy

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Just a Note and my new toy

Robin Messenheimer
I'm really going to miss the "Just a Note" stamp from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set when it retires. I plan to order the Simply Citrus Kit as soon as I can to get its "Just a Note" stamp.

But that's not what made me think to make this card. I saw Jeanne Moss's article about using strips of DSP to make a card front. Just before I read the article, I'd been cleaning up my retiring DSP and found a bunch of 1" strips of Garden Lane DSP and threw them in my waste basket. Out they quickly came, and I did something similar to Jeanne's design (she started with 1-1/4" strips) to use them up rather than toss them.

This is where my new toy comes in. I finally bit the bullet and bought a Brother Scan 'n Cut machine last week. When I went looking to see what might be in the Verdant Garden stamp set that I could use with this card, there was that little set of leaves - and out came my new toy. I stamped a bunch (6 actually) of the leaves, and the Scan 'n Cut did the rest (well, not the coloring). I'm so glad to have something new to play with while we're still under stay-at-home/social-distancing orders here in Hawai'i.

Robin
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Just a Note and my new toy

Jeanne Moss

Beautiful!!!!  Glad I could inspire you!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
270-307-1230
www.bluegrassstamper.com

On May 11, 2020, at 4:01 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n53284h45@.nabble> wrote:

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Just a Note and my new toy
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@

I'm really going to miss the "Just a Note" stamp from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set when it retires. I plan to order the Simply Citrus Kit as soon as I can to get its "Just a Note" stamp.

But that's not what made me think to make this card. I saw Jeanne Moss's article about using strips of DSP to make a card front. Just before I read the article, I'd been cleaning up my retiring DSP and found a bunch of 1" strips of Garden Lane DSP and threw them in my waste basket. Out they quickly came, and I did something similar to Jeanne's design (she started with 1-1/4" strips) to use them up rather than toss them.

This is where my new toy comes in. I finally bit the bullet and bought a Brother Scan 'n Cut machine last week. When I went looking to see what might be in the Verdant Garden stamp set that I could use with this card, there was that little set of leaves - and out came my new toy. I stamped a bunch (6 actually) of the leaves, and the Scan 'n Cut did the rest (well, not the coloring). I'm so glad to have something new to play with while we're still under stay-at-home/social-distancing orders here in Hawai'i.

Robin

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Just-a-Note-and-my-new-toy-tp53284.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h3@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Hnatiuk
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

So cool, Robin...and a beautiful card!

Chris Hnatiuk

From: "SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml+s1100894n53284h48@.nabble>
To: "chriserendipity" <chriserendipity@>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 2:01:36 PM
Subject: SU!: Just a Note and my new toy

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Just%20a%20Note%20and%20my%20new%20toy
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@

Robin

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Just-a-Note-and-my-new-toy-tp53284.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h6@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

I love this card. I’m not particularly impressed with the Garden Lane DSP but you have done a great job of displaying it in this card!
Sue Erickson
On May 11, 2020, at 1:01 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n53284h82@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Just%20a%20Note%20and%20my%20new%20toy
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

Robin

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, ml+s1100894n2h40@n7.nabble.com