Interesting Evening

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Interesting Evening

joyce pacer
Today, I had a stamping event to make cards for Advocates Saving Adoptable Pets fund raiser.  We were making Christmas cards with an animal theme.  We had some great stamps in this Holiday Mini for this, plus I pulled out sets and yes, even some none SU stamps with animals and Christmas.  We had two sessions.
The early afternoon stampers were more experienced and they did a great job.  No sweat on taking materials on hand and creating.
The evening group was almost ready to panic and run for the door when they found out there were stamps, cardstock, card bases, embellishments and all the ingredients.  They had never created on their own.  They had cased, but not come up with their ideas.  By the end of the evening, they stayed almost an hour later than the event, they were on a creative roll and having a blast giving each other suggestions and creating from the start.  They kept telling me that they never would have thought to do this and did not think they knew enough to come up with their own ideas.
Really some of the cards were more creative that the early group.
Maybe we need to do this with our customers more often.  These girls left excited and proud of their work and asking, if they could do this again.

Just had to share how much I enjoyed seeing them make the plunge to create on their own and see the pride in their work.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Interesting Evening

Maria Pobre

How wonderful!

I have similar type events where I even pull out my collection of prestamped and precut images for them to use. I agree it is fun when they share ideas and realize they are more creative than they thought they were. That means we are doing our job well! 😊

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Oct 13, 2017, at 12:53 PM, SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n38736h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Interesting Evening
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

Today, I had a stamping event to make cards for Advocates Saving Adoptable Pets fund raiser.  We were making Christmas cards with an animal theme.  We had some great stamps in this Holiday Mini for this, plus I pulled out sets and yes, even some none SU stamps with animals and Christmas.  We had two sessions.
The early afternoon stampers were more experienced and they did a great job.  No sweat on taking materials on hand and creating.
The evening group was almost ready to panic and run for the door when they found out there were stamps, cardstock, card bases, embellishments and all the ingredients.  They had never created on their own.  They had cased, but not come up with their ideas.  By the end of the evening, they stayed almost an hour later than the event, they were on a creative roll and having a blast giving each other suggestions and creating from the start.  They kept telling me that they never would have thought to do this and did not think they knew enough to come up with their own ideas.
Maybe we need to do this with our customers more often.  These girls left excited and proud of their work and asking, if they could do this again.

Just had to share how much I enjoyed seeing them make the plunge to create on their own and see the pride in their work.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Interesting-Evening-tp38736.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ellen

When I was still in a group, we did this sort of.  Everyone brought a stamp set, 2-3 ink pads and a selection of 2-3 colors of paper, even scraps,  Now make a card with these items.  Always fun and interesting.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Dakota 

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 12:09 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n38738h9@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Interesting+Evening
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

How wonderful!

I have similar type events where I even pull out my collection of prestamped and precut images for them to use. I agree it is fun when they share ideas and realize they are more creative than they thought they were. That means we are doing our job well! 😊

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Oct 13, 2017, at 12:53 PM, SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n38736h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

joycepacer@...?subject=Interesting Evening
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

Today, I had a stamping event to make cards for Advocates Saving Adoptable Pets fund raiser.  We were making Christmas cards with an animal theme.  We had some great stamps in this Holiday Mini for this, plus I pulled out sets and yes, even some none SU stamps with animals and Christmas.  We had two sessions.
The early afternoon stampers were more experienced and they did a great job.  No sweat on taking materials on hand and creating.
The evening group was almost ready to panic and run for the door when they found out there were stamps, cardstock, card bases, embellishments and all the ingredients.  They had never created on their own.  They had cased, but not come up with their ideas.  By the end of the evening, they stayed almost an hour later than the event, they were on a creative roll and having a blast giving each other suggestions and creating from the start.  They kept telling me that they never would have thought to do this and did not think they knew enough to come up with their own ideas.
Maybe we need to do this with our customers more often.  These girls left excited and proud of their work and asking, if they could do this again.

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Interesting-Evening-tp38736.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Interesting-Evening-tp38736p38738.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h24@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by joyce pacer

What a GREAT idea!!

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On October 12, 2017 at 9:53 PM "SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n38736h15@.nabble> wrote:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Interesting Evening
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

joyce pacer

I thought I was going to have to bolt the door when I first saw the look on their faces to keep them from running.  LOL

From: "SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n38742h16@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <joycepacer@>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2017 9:18:05 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Interesting Evening

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Interesting Evening
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

What a GREAT idea!!

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On October 12, 2017 at 9:53 PM "SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n38736h15@.nabble> wrote:

joycepacer@?subject=Interesting Evening
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Interesting-Evening-tp38736p38742.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat