classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Impression Embossing Folders

Kathy Slamar
I am trying to come up with some different ideas for my club that is meeting Thursday.  They have been with me for years and have already bought what they want on the retired list.  I am showing the Eastern Palace suite, but I need some other ideas.

I have seen some videos that use die cuts as an impression embossing.  The videos suggest the following:
no tabs on Sizzix, cutting plate, embossing pad, which we don't carrry (Spellbinders has one, but the video said craft foam would work), cardstock, die, cutting plate.

I'm not getting much of an impression using craft foam.  I tried using the old silicone rubber mat that SU carried years ago instead of the craft foam, but that cut through.  I tried using other tabs, but the extra pressure also cut instead of impressing.

Has anyone found a method for using dies as an impression?  It would be a great technique to emphasize since we have more and more dies each year!

thanks!
Kathy
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: SU!: Impression Embossing Folders

Diana Enns

Try putting another sheet of paper or 2 to shim it.....I usually put mine on top of the top plate.....

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:57 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n35860h55@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
kathy@slamar.com?subject=Impression+Embossing+Folders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I am trying to come up with some different ideas for my club that is meeting Thursday.  They have been with me for years and have already bought what they want on the retired list.  I am showing the Eastern Palace suite, but I need some other ideas.

I have seen some videos that use die cuts as an impression embossing.  The videos suggest the following:
no tabs on Sizzix, cutting plate, embossing pad, which we don't carrry (Spellbinders has one, but the video said craft foam would work), cardstock, die, cutting plate.

I'm not getting much of an impression using craft foam.  I tried using the old silicone rubber mat that SU carried years ago instead of the craft foam, but that cut through.  I tried using other tabs, but the extra pressure also cut instead of impressing.

Has anyone found a method for using dies as an impression?  It would be a great technique to emphasize since we have more and more dies each year!

thanks!
Kathy

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Impression-Embossing-Folders-tp35860.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h69@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

You say that it is cutting. Are you remembering to place the cutting side of the die AWAY from the paper?

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Apr 30, 2017, at 11:57 AM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n35860h92@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Impression Embossing Folders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I am trying to come up with some different ideas for my club that is meeting Thursday.  They have been with me for years and have already bought what they want on the retired list.  I am showing the Eastern Palace suite, but I need some other ideas.

I have seen some videos that use die cuts as an impression embossing.  The videos suggest the following:

I'm not getting much of an impression using craft foam.  I tried using the old silicone rubber mat that SU carried years ago instead of the craft foam, but that cut through.  I tried using other tabs, but the extra pressure also cut instead of impressing.

Has anyone found a method for using dies as an impression?  It would be a great technique to emphasize since we have more and more dies each year!

thanks!
Kathy

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Impression-Embossing-Folders-tp35860.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Kathy Slamar

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Dummy me did not have the cutting side away from the paper.  I will still have to work with it, since I seem to get a lot of wrinkles at the edge of the card.  Obviously, the shims and pads I am using are too tight!

Thanks for all your help.  I so appreciate this group!
Kathy

On Apr 29, 2017, at 11:12 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n35864h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Impression%20Embossing%20Folders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

You say that it is cutting. Are you remembering to place the cutting side of the die AWAY from the paper?

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On Apr 30, 2017, at 11:57 AM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n35860h92@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

thanks!
Kathy

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Impression-Embossing-Folders-tp35860p35864.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Impression Embossing Folders, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Maria Pobre

Common mistake! At least you still ended up with a cut piece you could use on another project! 😂

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On May 1, 2017, at 11:17 AM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n35889h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Re: SU!: Impression Embossing Folders

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Dummy me did not have the cutting side away from the paper.  I will still have to work with it, since I seem to get a lot of wrinkles at the edge of the card.  Obviously, the shims and pads I am using are too tight!

Thanks for all your help.  I so appreciate this group!
Kathy

On Apr 29, 2017, at 11:12 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n35864h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Impression%20Embossing%20Folders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

thanks!
Kathy

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Impression-Embossing-Folders-tp35860p35864.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Impression Embossing Folders, click here.

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Impression-Embossing-Folders-tp35860p35889.html