Ideas for What You Can Do With Your Swap Cards

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ideas for What You Can Do With Your Swap Cards

Charlotte Lindmeier

Thank you to all who shared this week. We had lots of great ideas. Our winner this week is Sue Dillon.

Our question this week was:
What are you doing with your swap cards since most of us are not having in person classes for awhile?
I use the ones that I really like (fancy fold cards, usually) for ideas for my Stamping Club.
If I need a quick card for someone I'll pull from my swap card stash.
And when I start having my Card Buffets again I'll look for ones that I can C.A.S.E.  Why recreate the wheel, right?
Ongoing issues in my personal life are preventing me from participating in swaps right now, but when I do participate I use the card fronts to make cards to send to friends and family, as well as to shut-ins at my church.

I forgot to mention that I share the swap cards with my customers when I hold a class and a team/ stamp club meeting.
I’m using them for blog posts. Good way to share ideas!!
I concentrated on making full cards from any swaps that I swapped prior to March 2020.  I now carry a supply of cards with me when I go to the store, doctors, see our local fire department personnel, etc. and give them a card to say thank you.  People love to receive them and I love to give them.
I take a lot of them down to a local nursing home that can use them to send out to their family or friends and the rest I use for ideas in my classes.
I love our swaps - I take group photos and then send them around to my database of customers. After that I save the ones that are my favorites, and put one in each order bag when I get in a group order. If a customer puts in her own order, I mail one to her with a small goody bag.
I haven’t been in any swaps in awhile, but when they are expired sets, I make cards for our Church Ministry.
I plan to turn them into cards.  I will then bring them to my classroom and have my high school students write letters to the Veterans in our state for Memorial Day.  

I use the Thank You cards to put in my monthly card kits and for sending thanks for orders. 

The rest I give to a fellow demonstrator to give to a church ministry. 
I morph my swap cards into full cards and then use them to send out to anyone who comes to my attention with a birthday, special event or whatever.  I used to just place them in a ‘waiting box’ waiting for who-knows-what.  Now I get that card ready to mail and MAIL it a.s.a.p.  It help that I have a pick up mail box across the street.  It feels good to get these cards off of my desk and out of my house, doing something useful and bringing smiles to someone who needs one.  People who might never have expected to receive a card from me are getting mailbox surprises now-a-days.  Bottom line:  I USE THEM a.s.a.p.  The cost of a stamp is minimal compared to the smile and good cheer that is brought into someone’s house during these dark days of Covid and rotten politics.  Of course I do photograph them first so I can perhaps duplicate the idea or utilize them as a template for the future.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Ideas for What You Can Do With Your Swap Cards

Sue Dillon

What a very nice surprise!!!!  Thank you so much, SUDSOL!!!🎉🎉🎉
Loved everyone's ideas/suggestions.
Stampin' 🤗,
Sue

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 2:33 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n57431h18@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Ideas+for+What+You+Can+Do+With+Your+Swap+Cards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Thank you to all who shared this week. We had lots of great ideas. Our winner this week is Sue Dillon.

Our question this week was:
What are you doing with your swap cards since most of us are not having in person classes for awhile?
I use the ones that I really like (fancy fold cards, usually) for ideas for my Stamping Club.
If I need a quick card for someone I'll pull from my swap card stash.
And when I start having my Card Buffets again I'll look for ones that I can C.A.S.E. Why recreate the wheel, right?
Ongoing issues in my personal life are preventing me from participating in swaps right now, but when I do participate I use the card fronts to make cards to send to friends and family, as well as to shut-ins at my church.

I forgot to mention that I share the swap cards with my customers when I hold a class and a team/ stamp club meeting.
I’m using them for blog posts. Good way to share ideas!!
I concentrated on making full cards from any swaps that I swapped prior to March 2020. I now carry a supply of cards with me when I go to the store, doctors, see our local fire department personnel, etc. and give them a card to say thank you. People love to receive them and I love to give them.
I take a lot of them down to a local nursing home that can use them to send out to their family or friends and the rest I use for ideas in my classes.
I love our swaps - I take group photos and then send them around to my database of customers. After that I save the ones that are my favorites, and put one in each order bag when I get in a group order. If a customer puts in her own order, I mail one to her with a small goody bag.
I haven’t been in any swaps in awhile, but when they are expired sets, I make cards for our Church Ministry.
I plan to turn them into cards. I will then bring them to my classroom and have my high school students write letters to the Veterans in our state for Memorial Day.

I use the Thank You cards to put in my monthly card kits and for sending thanks for orders.

The rest I give to a fellow demonstrator to give to a church ministry.
I morph my swap cards into full cards and then use them to send out to anyone who comes to my attention with a birthday, special event or whatever. I used to just place them in a ‘waiting box’ waiting for who-knows-what. Now I get that card ready to mail and MAIL it a.s.a.p. It help that I have a pick up mail box across the street. It feels good to get these cards off of my desk and out of my house, doing something useful and bringing smiles to someone who needs one. People who might never have expected to receive a card from me are getting mailbox surprises now-a-days. Bottom line: I USE THEM a.s.a.p. The cost of a stamp is minimal compared to the smile and good cheer that is brought into someone’s house during these dark days of Covid and rotten politics. Of course I do photograph them first so I can perhaps duplicate the idea or utilize them as a template for the future.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Ideas-for-What-You-Can-Do-With-Your-Swap-Cards-tp57431.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.