Ideas for Simple Tax Time Routine

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ideas for Simple Tax Time Routine

Charlotte Lindmeier
Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their answers this week. Sharing is what makes SUDSOL so great.

Our Question this week was:
Does anyone have a favorite spreadsheet or routine they use to make tax time easier? Please share. Many of us struggle with tax time and want to come up with a better plan for this next year.
There are a few things in the Business Articles section.  Not sure if you’ve already checked there, or if any of those ideas will work for you.
I just use an excel spread sheet. I create pages for income, expenses, office expenses, advertising, mileage and etc. I set it up so it totals the numbers on each category as I enter them. Depending on how busy my business is I try to update the spread sheet every few days or once a week to stay on top of it. Then at the end of the year I just print it out and it's done. This has been a huge help and time saver for me at tax time an no sorting through the piles of receipts and notes.
And Joan Norman shared a spreadsheet with me.  

Holly, Joan, and Jeanne all shared very good ideas. So if you are in need of a simpler routine for tax time check out the ideas they shared.  They are all good.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week