IMPORTANT - Facebook Cracking Down On People Doing Business Through Personal Pages

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

IMPORTANT - Facebook Cracking Down On People Doing Business Through Personal Pages

John Sanpietro
Just a heads up... I'm hearing some rumblings that Facebook is starting to delete personal profiles that are conducting business.

As anyone who has followed me knows, this has always been the rule, and I've always advised against it, but they've apparently started enforcing it this week. Remember... Facebook Terms of Service say you can only conduct business on your Business Page.

Liking your own Business Page is OK, but if you're going to post about your business, it must be through your Business Page... NOT your personal profile.

This has already happened to a few higher-profile people, and I don't know when it will trickle down, but play it safe and follow the rules!
Warmest regards,

John

John Sanpietro
Certified Master Coach (Int'l Association of Coaches)
Stamping Is My Business!

The 2015 Social Networking Boot Camp, Part 1!
Early Bird Thru March 24th!
Email Blythe (blythek@mac.com) for the SUDSOL Discount Code!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: IMPORTANT - Facebook Cracking Down On People Doing Business Through Personal Pages

Maria Pobre

Hi John,

Is the occasional push from our personal page okay? Like posting a photo of a card with a "For more information go to (Facebook business page)" as a caption okay?

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2015, at 11:12 PM, SUDSOL [John Sanpietro] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18485h67@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

john@stampingismybusiness.com?subject=IMPORTANT - Facebook Cracking Down On People Doing Business Through Personal Pages
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: john@stampingismybusiness.com

Just a heads up... I'm hearing some rumblings that Facebook is starting to delete personal profiles that are conducting business.

As anyone who has followed me knows, this has always been the rule, and I've always advised against it, but they've apparently started enforcing it this week. Remember... Facebook Terms of Service say you can only conduct business on your Business Page.

Liking your own Business Page is OK, but if you're going to post about your business, it must be through your Business Page... NOT your personal profile.

This has already happened to a few higher-profile people, and I don't know when it will trickle down, but play it safe and follow the rules!
Warmest regards,

John

John Sanpietro
Stamping Is My Business!

The 2015 List Building and Email Marketing Boot Camp!
Early Bird Through February 17th!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to John Sanpietro, please change the email address to: john@stampingismybusiness.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/IMPORTANT-Facebook-Cracking-Down-On-People-Doing-Business-Through-Personal-Pages-tp18485.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: IMPORTANT - Facebook Cracking Down On People Doing Business Through Personal Pages

John Sanpietro
Hi Maria,

Not according to Facebook's Terms of Service.  And until we get a better sense of how hard Facebook is going to come down on people, I'd err on the side of caution.  

I know of two people who had their personal pages taken town this week.  One person was able to get it reinstated because he was able to speak to his Facebook Business Manager (he runs a lot of FB ads).  The other was not.

John

Maria Pobre wrote
Hi John,

Is the occasional push from our personal page okay? Like posting a photo of a card with a "For more information go to (Facebook business page)" as a caption okay?

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

Sent from my iPhone
Warmest regards,

John

John Sanpietro
Stamping Is My Business!

Reply | Threaded
|

Pam Staples

What about business related items posting to your personal page via Twitter, Instagram, Meetup.com, etc.?  Should we make certain those are turned off if we can’t get them to post to our business page?  I know Twitter posts to my personal page and same with Meetup.com posting to my personal page.

Thanks for the heads up!  

Pam
photo
Pam Staples
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
T. <a href="tel:919.995.4564" style="font-size: 10px; color: rgb(80, 80, 80); text-decoration: none;" class="">919.995.4564  pam@sunnygirlscraps.com 
Sunny Girl Scraps  www.sunnygirlscraps.com

My latest BLOG post:PCCCS 135: Painted Petals

On Mar 12, 2015, at 9:49 AM, SUDSOL [John Sanpietro] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18488h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

john@stampingismybusiness.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20IMPORTANT%20-%20Facebook%20Cracking%20Down%20On%20People%20Doing%20Business%20Through%20Personal%20Pages
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: john@stampingismybusiness.com

Hi Maria,

Not according to Facebook's Terms of Service.  And until we get a better sense of how hard Facebook is going to come down on people, I'd err on the side of caution.  

I know of two people who had their personal pages taken town this week.  One person was able to get it reinstated because he was able to speak to his Facebook Business Manager (he runs a lot of FB ads).  The other was not.

John

Maria Pobre wrote
Hi John,

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

Sent from my iPhone
Warmest regards,

John

John Sanpietro
Stamping Is My Business!

The 2015 List Building and Email Marketing Boot Camp!
Runs Through March 17th!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to John Sanpietro, please change the email address to: john@stampingismybusiness.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/IMPORTANT-Facebook-Cracking-Down-On-People-Doing-Business-Through-Personal-Pages-tp18485p18488.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h58@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Pam Staples
www.sunnygirlscraps.com

SUDSOL Pinterest Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

John Sanpietro
Hi Pam,

I don't know for sure, but again, I'd err on the side of caution since it's still you promoting your business on your personal profile.

Best bet would be to try to get those to post to your Business Page, although I don't recommend that type of auto-posting anyway.  I recommend saving the cross-posting for the really good stuff.

Hope that helps,

John

Pam Staples wrote
What about business related items posting to your personal page via Twitter, Instagram, Meetup.com, etc.?  Should we make certain those are turned off if we can’t get them to post to our business page?  I know Twitter posts to my personal page and same with Meetup.com posting to my personal page.

Thanks for the heads up!  

Pam
Warmest regards,

John

John Sanpietro
Stamping Is My Business!