How to start a new stamp club?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to start a new stamp club?

Elizabeth Edwards
 Hi everyone, I need some advice/suggestions!  I have moved from Southern Maryland to Annapolis this past year and the group that I had for a stamp club fell apart when I moved away as I could not make that drive once a month.   I used the money that was generated from that club to pay for my quarterly requirements.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find people to start a new club? Or how I generate interest in make and takes?  This is a totally new area for me and I really am not sure how to find folks that would be interested in this! Any advice would be awesome!

Elizabeth Edwards
Annapolis, MD
Elizabeth Edwards
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
Port Tobacco, Md
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to start a new stamp club?

Jayme Ziemer
Following!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: How to start a new stamp club?

Diane Lethbridge
In reply to this post by Elizabeth Edwards

Hi, Elizabeth Edwards!

I have two ideas for you that have worked for me.  First (using retired product) I volunteer to make items for non-profits that are in MY window of opportunity.  For me that includes schools, church, Relay for Life, etc.  You need to choose something that is in your comfort / contact zone.  For example if you have contacts in a school, you could donate a basket of retired product (with a catalog and coupon) for a PTO auction.  OR you could hold a Relay for Life event for the staff for an hour after school -- they pay $20 (goes directly to their efforts for Relay for Life), and then they make 4 items of their choice.  The projects are very simple, but cute -- using retired product.  I spread them out on the tables and they select what they want to do.  AND I have catalogs, business cards, and give-a-way drawings.  I make sure everyone gets a "YOUR FIRST CLASS IS FREE" coupon.

Second is my Virtual Clubs.  There are no class meetings.  They order what they want.  Perhaps some of your ladies from your prior setting would like to do this!  I do two a year -- a six-month from January to June and a three-month from September to November.  I'll explain the fall club first as it's happening now.  I call it my CHRISTMAS (Holiday) STAMP CLUB.  There are no sign-ups -- each person works on their own to complete the goal.  During the months of September, October, and November they are required to purchase $150 (can be divided up anyway that works for them) of product (before shipping, tax, coupons, etc.).  Then in December they get the $15 (10% of $150) Hostess + $10 reward from me = $25 to spend.  I explain that it's like being Hostess without any of the work.  I also ask them to tell me what they want for their $25 reward up front so I can add them to orders throughout the fall.  THEY MUST USE THE HOSTESS CODES EACH MONTH FOR THIS TO WORK.  And I only preorder rewards for those I am sure will complete the plan.  If they are at a distance or if I am unsure of their results, I wait until December to order their reward.  I encourage them to add to that order to save on shipping.  I do pay for the tax and shipping on the reward just like SU would on Hostess items.  It is worth it to me to get the extra orders during the fall when money is going to lots of other things.  :-)  And customers who would ordinarily spend closer to $25 stretch to the $50 for the end reward.

The 6-month virtual club is 6 people due on the 6th. of each month (January to June) at 6 PM.  Sign-up is first come/first pick.  January, February, and March are SAB months (YEAH!) which they love.  We agree ahead of time to do April's order on March 30 so four participants can benefit from SAB.  And May and June have the ending and beginning of catalogs which creates extra interest.  It's easy to promote the $50 a month order (using a Hostess Code) as they want the SAB items.  The Hostess can order extra on her month.  She gets all of the perks her month.  6 people = a minimum $300 order.  That level also gives them whatever the SAB bonus is (often it is at the $250 level), and at $300 the rewards move to 12%.  Even when I have to be a "member" to make it work, this is a good club.  If I have a full club, I will have extra SAB sets for the May and June people.  

I give a break from clubs during July / August and in December.  That seems to recharge my people!

Best wishes in your new location!
Diane Lethbridge
designsbydiane@

----- Original Message -----
From: SUDSOL [Elizabeth Edwards] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44219h7@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <designsbydiane@>
Sent: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 21:58:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: SU!: How to start a new stamp club?

elizabeth.edwards01@yahoo.com?subject=How to start a new stamp club?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: elizabeth.edwards01@

Hi everyone, I need some advice/suggestions!  I have moved from Southern Maryland to Annapolis this past year and the group that I had for a stamp club fell apart when I moved away as I could not make that drive once a month.   I used the money that was generated from that club to pay for my quarterly requirements.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find people to start a new club? Or how I generate interest in make and takes?  This is a totally new area for me and I really am not sure how to find folks that would be interested in this! Any advice would be awesome!

Elizabeth Edwards

Annapolis, MD

Elizabeth Edwards

Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator

Port Tobacco, Md

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Elizabeth Edwards, please change the email address to:
elizabeth.edwards01@yahoo.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-start-a-new-stamp-club-tp44219.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@.nabble

To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

--
Diane L. Lethbridge
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
designsbydiane@embarqmail.com
http://designsbydiane.stampinup.net
863-531-0141 OR 863-446-1549