How to do a Facebook Live Video

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to do a Facebook Live Video

lkiers
I have a question for all you pros who have been doing Facebook Live Videos for a long time.  How did you learn how to do those?  Is there someplace you can direct me to to learn how to set up your camera so you can see what the hands are doing but also see how people are responding on your computer, etc.  I have made a few videos but I want to interact with my customers as well and don't know how to set that up.  
Also, I was thinking of using ZOOM to do a similar thing so my customers and I are making the projects at the same time but not sure how to get my phone camera focused on my hands and my computer on my face.  Is that even possible?  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Lena in Canada.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to do a Facebook Live Video

Patti Scanlan
Administrator
Great article on SUDSOL!
http://sudsol.org/member/articles/facebook-live-behind-the-scenes/

lkiers wrote
I have a question for all you pros who have been doing Facebook Live Videos for a long time.  How did you learn how to do those?  Is there someplace you can direct me to to learn how to set up your camera so you can see what the hands are doing but also see how people are responding on your computer, etc.  I have made a few videos but I want to interact with my customers as well and don't know how to set that up.  
Also, I was thinking of using ZOOM to do a similar thing so my customers and I are making the projects at the same time but not sure how to get my phone camera focused on my hands and my computer on my face.  Is that even possible?  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Lena in Canada.
Patti Scanlan Fort Peck, Montana
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: How to do a Facebook Live Video

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by lkiers

1. Facebook Groups now have 'Messenger Rooms' which act like Zoom meetings and everyone uses their device to tune in

2. You can use Zoom for free for about a 50 minutes session

3. Use a stand to Live Broadcast your class and interact with customers via chatting and gaining responses which customers type in. To do this you will need 2 devices which will be used simultaneously

If you decide to order use this code for a discount remarkablycreated (Note: This code only works in the USA)

Note: I tried many setups to do Facebook Live before ordering the Arkon Stand and component bits. They all failed to give me the easy use and flexibility I needed. I do use Zoom and Facebook Messenger Meeting Rooms for Team Meetings and Scrapbook catch-ups with friends and both work well. They are both safe and secure to use.

I have a video of how I set up for it too

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 at 04:51, SUDSOL [lkiers] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml%2Bs1100894n54164h61@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lenakiers@gmail.com?subject=How+to+do+a+Facebook+Live+Video
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lenakiers@gmail.com

I have a question for all you pros who have been doing Facebook Live Videos for a long time.  How did you learn how to do those?  Is there someplace you can direct me to to learn how to set up your camera so you can see what the hands are doing but also see how people are responding on your computer, etc.  I have made a few videos but I want to interact with my customers as well and don't know how to set that up.  
Also, I was thinking of using ZOOM to do a similar thing so my customers and I are making the projects at the same time but not sure how to get my phone camera focused on my hands and my computer on my face.  Is that even possible?  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Lena in Canada.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to lkiers, please change the email address to: lenakiers@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-do-a-Facebook-Live-Video-tp54164.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml%2Bs1100894n2311h18@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL Info & Help, click here.

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: How to do a Facebook Live Video

lkiers

Thank you for all your responses.  I will follow all your leads and see if I can figure this thing out.  Lena

On Jun 26, 2020, at 8:17 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n54170h88@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20How%20to%20do%20a%20Facebook%20Live%20Video
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

1. Facebook Groups now have 'Messenger Rooms' which act like Zoom meetings and everyone uses their device to tune in

2. You can use Zoom for free for about a 50 minutes session

3. Use a stand to Live Broadcast your class and interact with customers via chatting and gaining responses which customers type in. To do this you will need 2 devices which will be used simultaneously

If you decide to order use this code for a discount remarkablycreated (Note: This code only works in the USA)

Note: I tried many setups to do Facebook Live before ordering the Arkon Stand and component bits. They all failed to give me the easy use and flexibility I needed. I do use Zoom and Facebook Messenger Meeting Rooms for Team Meetings and Scrapbook catch-ups with friends and both work well. They are both safe and secure to use.

I have a video of how I set up for it too

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 at 04:51, SUDSOL [lkiers] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml%2Bs1100894n54164h61@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lenakiers@gmail.com?subject=How+to+do+a+Facebook+Live+Video
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lenakiers@gmail.com

I have a question for all you pros who have been doing Facebook Live Videos for a long time. How did you learn how to do those? Is there someplace you can direct me to to learn how to set up your camera so you can see what the hands are doing but also see how people are responding on your computer, etc. I have made a few videos but I want to interact with my customers as well and don't know how to set that up.
Also, I was thinking of using ZOOM to do a similar thing so my customers and I are making the projects at the same time but not sure how to get my phone camera focused on my hands and my computer on my face. Is that even possible? Thanks for any help you can give me. Lena in Canada.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to lkiers, please change the email address to: lenakiers@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-do-a-Facebook-Live-Video-tp54164.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml%2Bs1100894n2311h18@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-do-a-Facebook-Live-Video-tp54164p54170.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, ml+s1100894n2311h59@n7.nabble.com