classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to Celebrate Christmas in July!!

Charlotte Lindmeier
Hello everyone,
So many demonstrators shared their ideas a big thank you to all of you. Lots of variety in the answers. I love that. And since our mini catalogs are late many moved their activities to August instead. Our winner this week is Janette Clark.  She wins a week of FREE SUDSOL this week.

Our Question this week was:
Anyone doing Christmas in July? Please share some of your ideas.
I’m holding a Christmas In August class instead of in July.  I wanted to schedule my class after my customers had received their holiday catalog.  So far I have 4 customers who have registered and may not get any more than that, which is fine with me – easier to social distance with a smaller class.  I plan to have 3 or 4 card projects, plus a 3D project and a gift wrapping project.
Im not holding in person events, but I am doing my personal Christmas in July.....finishing up Christmas cards I started in the past as well as paper pumpkins I never finished. I’ve been trying to get some Christmas scrapbooking done, too! Once done, I’ll be posting to my personal pages.
I too am holding a Christmas in August but mine is a zoom as I’m not comfortable right now in everyone handling all the products to make items in person.
I will demonstrate a technique, have another mystery stampin’ project that they will make while we are zooming, and go through the holiday mini. Likely I will have out of state customers as well as a few local customers. Of course Prize Patrol will make an appearance! That’s always fun!!!
I am hoping to do a Christmas in July in August. I am going to make my samples and see if allowed. If not I'm going to try to offer it as a kit.
I have already held a Christmas in July via zoom. We made a clothespin wreath. I sent out my list of supplies they needed before hand. I’ll do Christmas in August and September in house if my state allows it also. 
Yes, I'm hosting Christmas in July on the 31st. Five cards focusing on using products from the new mini.
This weekend I am having a “Card Buffet” and including 2 Christmas Cards to choose from to start everyone’s 2020 Christmas stash. This is my Christmas in July Event.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: How to Celebrate Christmas in July!!

lkiers

A number of you have said you use Zoom with your customers as have I but I have not been able to show both my  face and my hands even though I signed in on my computer as the host and on my camera to video my hands making the cards. My customers did not see my hands. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone explain how they do their zoom class? Thanks in advance. This is such a great group.  Lena

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 26, 2020, at 9:31 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54668h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=How to Celebrate Christmas in July!!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Hello everyone,
So many demonstrators shared their ideas a big thank you to all of you. Lots of variety in the answers. I love that. And since our mini catalogs are late many moved their activities to August instead. Our winner this week is Janette Clark.  She wins a week of FREE SUDSOL this week.

I’m holding a Christmas In August class instead of in July. I wanted to schedule my class after my customers had received their holiday catalog. So far I have 4 customers who have registered and may not get any more than that, which is fine with me – easier to social distance with a smaller class. I plan to have 3 or 4 card projects, plus a 3D project and a gift wrapping project.
Im not holding in person events, but I am doing my personal Christmas in July.....finishing up Christmas cards I started in the past as well as paper pumpkins I never finished. I’ve been trying to get some Christmas scrapbooking done, too! Once done, I’ll be posting to my personal pages.
I too am holding a Christmas in August but mine is a zoom as I’m not comfortable right now in everyone handling all the products to make items in person.
I will demonstrate a technique, have another mystery stampin’ project that they will make while we are zooming, and go through the holiday mini. Likely I will have out of state customers as well as a few local customers. Of course Prize Patrol will make an appearance! That’s always fun!!!
I am hoping to do a Christmas in July in August. I am going to make my samples and see if allowed. If not I'm going to try to offer it as a kit.
I have already held a Christmas in July via zoom. We made a clothespin wreath. I sent out my list of supplies they needed before hand. I’ll do Christmas in August and September in house if my state allows it also.
Yes, I'm hosting Christmas in July on the 31st. Five cards focusing on using products from the new mini.
This weekend I am having a “Card Buffet” and including 2 Christmas Cards to choose from to start everyone’s 2020 Christmas stash. This is my Christmas in July Event.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

To use Zoom for your face and your hands, you need 2 devices, each with different names. Eg. The phone is called Lena and iPad/Tablet is called Lovely. You log into the meeting as Lena and Lovely. your phone (Lena is focussed on your face and your iPad/Tablet (Lovely) is focussed on your hands. I hope that helps

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 04:23, SUDSOL [lkiers] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54669h16@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lenakiers@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+How+to+Celebrate+Christmas+in+July!!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lenakiers@gmail.com

A number of you have said you use Zoom with your customers as have I but I have not been able to show both my  face and my hands even though I signed in on my computer as the host and on my camera to video my hands making the cards. My customers did not see my hands. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone explain how they do their zoom class? Thanks in advance. This is such a great group.  Lena

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 26, 2020, at 9:31 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54668h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@...?subject=How to Celebrate Christmas in July!!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Hello everyone,
So many demonstrators shared their ideas a big thank you to all of you. Lots of variety in the answers. I love that. And since our mini catalogs are late many moved their activities to August instead. Our winner this week is Janette Clark.  She wins a week of FREE SUDSOL this week.

I’m holding a Christmas In August class instead of in July. I wanted to schedule my class after my customers had received their holiday catalog. So far I have 4 customers who have registered and may not get any more than that, which is fine with me – easier to social distance with a smaller class. I plan to have 3 or 4 card projects, plus a 3D project and a gift wrapping project.
Yes, I'm hosting Christmas in July on the 31st. Five cards focusing on using products from the new mini.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to lkiers, please change the email address to: lenakiers@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668p54669.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Peri Beal

Here's how I do my set up for Zoom:

Lovely is set up as the host. And the camera on Lovely is set as in taking a photo and shows my hands.

The camera on Lena is set as in taking a selfie. When Zoom asks to allow access I allow video but no sound on this device as I get feedback (high pitched screeches).

Peri

Peri Beal 

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020, 5:37 PM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54674h19@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+How+to+Celebrate+Christmas+in+July!!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

To use Zoom for your face and your hands, you need 2 devices, each with different names. Eg. The phone is called Lena and iPad/Tablet is called Lovely. You log into the meeting as Lena and Lovely. your phone (Lena is focussed on your face and your iPad/Tablet (Lovely) is focussed on your hands. I hope that helps

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 04:23, SUDSOL [lkiers] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54669h16@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lenakiers@...?subject=Re:+SU!:+How+to+Celebrate+Christmas+in+July!!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lenakiers@gmail.com

A number of you have said you use Zoom with your customers as have I but I have not been able to show both my face and my hands even though I signed in on my computer as the host and on my camera to video my hands making the cards. My customers did not see my hands. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone explain how they do their zoom class? Thanks in advance. This is such a great group. Lena

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 26, 2020, at 9:31 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54668h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,
So many demonstrators shared their ideas a big thank you to all of you. Lots of variety in the answers. I love that. And since our mini catalogs are late many moved their activities to August instead. Our winner this week is Janette Clark. She wins a week of FREE SUDSOL this week.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to lkiers, please change the email address to: lenakiers@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668p54669.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668p54674.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h18@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

Thanks for this info, Peri!  I’m also getting ready to venture into the Zoom arena, and this is a great explanation of how you set it up!

Cathy Hansen
Denver, CO

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 27, 2020, at 5:59 AM, SUDSOL [Peri Beal] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54676h59@.nabble> wrote:

madhousedog@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: How to Celebrate Christmas in July!!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: madhousedog@

Lovely is set up as the host. And the camera on Lovely is set as in taking a photo and shows my hands.

The camera on Lena is set as in taking a selfie. When Zoom asks to allow access I allow video but no sound on this device as I get feedback (high pitched screeches).

Peri

Peri Beal

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020, 5:37 PM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54674h19@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 04:23, SUDSOL [lkiers] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54669h16@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

A number of you have said you use Zoom with your customers as have I but I have not been able to show both my face and my hands even though I signed in on my computer as the host and on my camera to video my hands making the cards. My customers did not see my hands. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone explain how they do their zoom class? Thanks in advance. This is such a great group. Lena

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 26, 2020, at 9:31 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54668h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,
So many demonstrators shared their ideas a big thank you to all of you. Lots of variety in the answers. I love that. And since our mini catalogs are late many moved their activities to August instead. Our winner this week is Janette Clark. She wins a week of FREE SUDSOL this week.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668p54674.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h18@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peri Beal, please change the email address to: madhousedog@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668p54676.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

lkiers
In reply to this post by Peri Beal

Thank you. I’ll give it a try. This group is the best. There’s always someone who has the answer. Lena

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 27, 2020, at 4:59 AM, SUDSOL [Peri Beal] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54676h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

madhousedog@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: How to Celebrate Christmas in July!!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: madhousedog@gmail.com

Peri

Peri Beal

Sent from my iPad

Hello everyone,

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peri Beal, please change the email address to: madhousedog@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/How-to-Celebrate-Christmas-in-July-tp54668p54676.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com