How We Roll Out the New Catalog

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How We Roll Out the New Catalog

Charlotte Lindmeier
I hope everyone is having a great day. The winner for this week’s free SUDSOL time was drawn from the entries made this week.  The more you share the more chances you have at winning FREE SUDSOL time. Our winner this week is Rachel Brooks. Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their ideas.  This is what makes SUDSOL so great.

Our question this week is:
How do you roll out the new catalog to your customers?  Please share your ideas.
I’ve mailed some catalogs out to regular customers near and far so they could get their hands on it first.  Then I hand deliver (offer) it to those who are interested in ordering in my classes—along with the Wish List and a coupon (hand made of course) for a $10 discount off of their first order over $50.  They love that coupon which I’ve been offering for years.
For my locals I’m having a kickoff party with make and takes and prizes.  For my out of town ladies I mail them a catalog. And if you’re a really good customer I spiral bind those new catalogs.  
For my customers that have bought a Big Shot through me, their annual catalog is Spiral Bound (Staples) and hand delivered if they are local. I use the SU! Mailing program for my out of area customers and hand deliver the ones that are local. Then I hand them out at my Kickoff where there are Make & takes and Prize Patrol and that night specials. 
I never sell any of my catalogs, old or new.
Already planning my June Kickoff!
For those who live out of state, I use the catalog mailing program. For local ones, I will pass them out to customers (and sell old ones) at my yard sale. Other than that, I give them out at my first class -- it's an incentive for them to come.
I had to intro the catalog to my group of stampers by the seat of my pants this time.  UPS arrived with them just as I was putting on my jacket to go to class!  I had time there to go through and list pages I wanted to highlight with them.  After their cards were done, I simply walked them through, noting the pages I'd chosen to feature.  The suite vs bundle options, the items that were related to those in previous catalog (they love the fact they can use some of their things they already have!), the great selections of sentiments,  humorous items, etc.  We had a great time.  I put the Wish List with the Index on the side in each catalog, as I'd run those off in preparation.  Now to wait for June 4 and beyond and see the response.
I had to giggle, Rachel, when I saw your comment that your customers loved the fact that they could still use some of their things they already have ... my customers love that I can still use those items!!!  Fact is, they can always use their retired items; whereas, in a class setting, I can’t!  My customers (one in particular) are always excited at the prospect that I will have new designs for them using some of the older current stamp sets.
I'm impressed you had time to do all that at your workshop! I especially like the idea of letting them know what is related from the old catalog. 
I send a few and hand out the rest at my sale or classes.
I use the mailing selector for my out-of-towners.  I’ll have a Hostess Appreciation party to start off the new catalog, with games, prizes & a drawing.
We’ll do some make n’ takes & have some munchies.  Later on I’ll have a Open House.
I used the Customer Mailing Selector for my long distance customers (and they are already receiving them).  For my local customers I will distribute the catalog along with a wish list and new In Color bookmark at my catalog reveal party at the beginning of June.
I will distribute the new catalogs along with a Wish List/Index to club members this weekend.  Long distance customers catalogs and Wish List will be mailed.  Have a great day.
I mail out to distant customers with a shopping list and a card inside. Other customers, I hand deliver with the same
I mail it out to distant customers with a catalog scavenger hunt. And I have a new catalog party. 
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week