classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS

Nola Burkhard
I'm not sure if this is the right catagory for this question, but here goes:

On page 8 of the catty they show a cute doiliy on the dashing deer banner. I belive that the doiliy was created by the die on page 10 framelits that go with the Beautiful Baubles.

BUT, on page 25 they show another doiliy look behind tghe hearts on the pillow box, and I can't figure out how they made that doiliy. It looks like it might be from 2 dies laid on top of each other? But which dies?

I love the look and hope someone here has the answer.

Puzzled and confused in Prescott, AZ
Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS

Barb Stencel
Nola Burkhard wrote

On page 8 of the catty they show a cute doiliy on the dashing deer banner. I belive that the doiliy was created by the die on page 10 framelits that go with the Beautiful Baubles.

BUT, on page 25 they show another doiliy look behind tghe hearts on the pillow box, and I can't figure out how they made that doiliy. It looks like it might be from 2 dies laid on top of each other? But which dies?

Nola
The Doily on pg 25 is the Pearlized Doily found in the annual catalog, pg 192 that has been trimmed down to the scallops you see in the photo.

The Doily on pg 8 looks to be one of the Detailed Baubles thinlits that’s been cut to fit the banner, then it looks like a stitched circle was laid on top of both the string and the doily to hold the string in place.

Hope that helps!

~ B

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS

Mary Dredge
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

I am thinking it might be Botanical Tags Thinlits from the Annual Catalog, just modified.

Mary

From: ml+s1100894n43857h45@.nabble <ml+s1100894n43857h45@.nabble> on behalf of SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43857h45@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 2:41 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catty-Question-DOILIYS-tp43857.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

I’m not convinced that it’s the pearlized doilies trimmed.
I cut 2 and they still don’t look like what’s in the catty. A rhinestone does not fit inside the curve.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 21, 2018, at 2:13 PM, SUDSOL [Mary Dredge] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43860h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

mjbself@msn.com?subject=Re: SU!: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mjbself@msn.com

I am thinking it might be Botanical Tags Thinlits from the Annual Catalog, just modified.

Mary

From: ml+s1100894n43857h45@.nabble <ml+s1100894n43857h45@.nabble> on behalf of SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43857h45@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 2:41 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catty-Question-DOILIYS-tp43857.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Mary Dredge, please change the email address to: mjbself@msn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catty-Question-DOILIYS-tp43857p43860.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS

Jeanne Walsh
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard
Nola Burkhard wrote

Nola
Hello everyone. I reached out to Stampin' Up! on the question of products used on the two pages. Below is the response I received.

Reindeer Banner: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies on page 220 of the Annual Catalog and Detailed Baubles Thinlit Dies on page 10 of the Holiday Catalog. These 2 cutouts are layered on top of each other.

With All My Heart Pillow Box: Pearlized Doilies is what is used for this piece, but they have cut off the outer part of the doily, so it is smaller.

Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

Thanks Jeanne!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2018, at 5:16 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43940h16@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Re: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Nola Burkhard wrote

Nola
Hello everyone. I reached out to Stampin' Up! on the question of products used on the two pages. Below is the response I received.

Reindeer Banner: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies on page 220 of the Annual Catalog and Detailed Baubles Thinlit Dies on page 10 of the Holiday Catalog. These 2 cutouts are layered on top of each other.

With All My Heart Pillow Box: Pearlized Doilies is what is used for this piece, but they have cut off the outer part of the doily, so it is smaller.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catty-Question-DOILIYS-tp43857p43940.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

Thanks for checking on that, Jeanne!

I just assumed they were doilies  That Detailed Baubles Thinlits is interesting, and I never would have looked at it except for Jeanne’s post.  I bet they also would be pretty using the new embossing mat!

One more thing to add to the list—yikes!

Kathy Slamar

On Aug 24, 2018, at 9:03 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43942h61@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Holiday%20Catty%20Question%20-%20DOILIYS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Thanks Jeanne!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2018, at 5:16 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43940h16@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Re: Holiday Catty Question - DOILIYS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Nola Burkhard wrote

Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catty-Question-DOILIYS-tp43857p43940.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catty-Question-DOILIYS-tp43857p43942.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.