Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Nancy Sutton

I am amazed with this catalogue.  There are so many new punches, framelits, and kits.  I really love the kits they are going to be a big success with my customers.  The stamps are so awesome and there is such a variety.  I love the paper as well.  I guess I could just say I love this catalogue and can't wait to order.  
One question comes to mind though, is stampin' Up moving away from their wonderful wooden and clear stamps for the (probably cheaper made) polymar??????  Not really a big fan.

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, On

A good day always includes stamping!!

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Brenda Crawshaw

Pam Morgan said yesterday in her presentation of product from this catalog that anytime alignment is an issue a stamp will be produced in PP.  So anytime you see something that is a two step image, alphabets, etc. it will be in PP.  Not that those will be the ONLY things produced in PP so who knows what direction it will take in the future.  Personally, I am THRILLED that they are doing this because a lot of my customers got very frustrated years ago when two step was all the rage and we only had wood mount stamps.  Now they can do what they love with great results!

From: ml-node+s1100894n11840h10@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11840h10@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 4:50 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

I am amazed with this catalogue.  There are so many new punches, framelits, and kits.  I really love the kits they are going to be a big success with my customers.  The stamps are so awesome and there is such a variety.  I love the paper as well.  I guess I could just say I love this catalogue and can't wait to order.  

One question comes to mind though, is stampin' Up moving away from their wonderful wooden and clear stamps for the (probably cheaper made) polymar??????  Not really a big fan.

Nancy

Nancy Sutton

Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h63@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@WithABirdsEyeView.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Elizabeth Edwards
In reply to this post by Nancy Sutton

Where can I find the preview? 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2014, at 4:50 PM, "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11840h77@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h30@n5.nabble.com
Elizabeth Edwards
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
Annapolis, MD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Peggy Taylor

I'm with you Nancy - I'm not a big fan of photopolymer either.  But I do LOVE the variety and plethora of new things in this coming catalog.  Ooh, ooh, ooh, I can hardly wait to spend the $274.20 I added up from my wish list!
Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL
----- Original Message -----
To: taylormadestamper@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 3:50 PM

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h81@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Catherine Harwood

Agree it's a great catalog. I think the sets that are photopolymer are layering two-step, or three-step of more sets where it makes SO much sense for them to be clear. You get such perfect placement without a stamp a ma jig. I find if I condition the photopolymer by rubbing with a white eraser or inking with versa mark once first -- they work great. And to make up for the lack of a cushion I always stamp on top of the piercing mat when using photopolymer.

Catherine Harwood
Merritt Island, FL

On Jul 18, 2014, at 6:03 PM, "SUDSOL [Peggy Taylor] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11843h34@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

taylormadestamper@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: taylormadestamper@comcast.net

I'm with you Nancy - I'm not a big fan of photopolymer either.  But I do LOVE the variety and plethora of new things in this coming catalog.  Ooh, ooh, ooh, I can hardly wait to spend the $274.20 I added up from my wish list!
Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="x-msg://680/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peggy Taylor, please change the email address to: taylormadestamper@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11843.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h94@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Barbara Stitt

I noticed so many polymer too.  My customers as well as myself prefer
Wood.  Stampin' up seems to be making many changes.  It seems to
Be getting harder and harder to sell.  Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2014, at 4:50 PM, "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11840h86@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h39@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Tanya Stottlemire

I love the photopolymer sets! Most of the ones I buy have been clear but I hate that they fall off the blocks so easy. These don't have that problem and you can line them up just where you want them
On Jul 18, 2014, at 7:41 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

I noticed so many polymer too.  My customers as well as myself prefer
Wood.  Stampin' up seems to be making many changes.  It seems to
Be getting harder and harder to sell.  Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2014, at 4:50 PM, "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11840h86@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h39@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="x-msg://21/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11845.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h2@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Diane Harman

I really love this Holiday Catalog. I want to mention a couple of things

First-  Stampin' Up! listens when a lot of us speak. Last year at this time quite a few people were raving over the catalog, when me and another person mentioned our dissatifaction with the catalog. We didn't like how all the samples were in the front, and products were in the back. We didn't feel there were enough image sets. And not enough religious sets. Many people thanked us for bringing it up to let them know they weren't alone. Then, since knowing they weren't a single voice, those that weren't happy emailed ds, or the sandbox. One other thing I mentioned, to ds, was having die cuts for stamps like that beautiful pointsettia.

Second- look what's happened-we have more image sets, more religious sets, cuter sets, and look at that wreath with the matching die! woo hoo! and now the sets and samples are back together again.  I cannot wait to get the baby in my hands! 

I have been a member of Sudsol for over 12 years, I am very grateful for all of the advice I have received over the years. Because we can freely express concerns on here, we can become better demonstrators, and help influence SU to be a better company. I'm glad that I spoke up last year. I took some hits, and others told me they were afraid to speak up because they didn't want any nastiness.  So, next time anyone on here might think to tell someone to "not say anything negative about SU or their products on here", remember the success of this.  Remember also, that the conversation isn't negative until someone makes a comment about a person. Not a product. 

My problem this year will be finding enough time between now and November to demonstrate all the great product!  What a problem to have.

Diane

Diane Harman
make me a channel of Your peace
To: stampindiane@twc.com

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h67@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Keryn Campbell

Beautifully written Diane.

Keryn Campbell
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
Manager - Keryn's Krew

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SU!: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
<ml-node+s1100894n11850h97@.nabble>
Date: Sat, July 19, 2014 1:52 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <Keryn@>

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@

First-  Stampin' Up! listens when a lot of us speak. Last year at this time quite a few people were raving over the catalog, when me and another person mentioned our dissatifaction with the catalog. We didn't like how all the samples were in the front, and products were in the back. We didn't feel there were enough image sets. And not enough religious sets. Many people thanked us for bringing it up to let them know they weren't alone. Then, since knowing they weren't a single voice, those that weren't happy emailed ds, or the sandbox. One other thing I mentioned, to ds, was having die cuts for stamps like that beautiful pointsettia.

Second- look what's happened-we have more image sets, more religious sets, cuter sets, and look at that wreath with the matching die! woo hoo! and now the sets and samples are back together again.  I cannot wait to get the baby in my hands! 

I have been a member of Sudsol for over 12 years, I am very grateful for all of the advice I have received over the years. Because we can freely express concerns on here, we can become better demonstrators, and help influence SU to be a better company. I'm glad that I spoke up last year. I took some hits, and others told me they were afraid to speak up because they didn't want any nastiness.  So, next time anyone on here might think to tell someone to "not say anything negative about SU or their products on here", remember the success of this.  Remember also, that the conversation isn't negative until someone makes a comment about a person. Not a product. 

My problem this year will be finding enough time between now and November to demonstrate all the great product!  What a problem to have.

Diane

Diane Harman

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11850.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h40@.nabble
Keryn Campbell
http://kerynscards.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Nancy Sutton
In reply to this post by Catherine Harwood

Awesome  tips for the photopolymer

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

On 2014-07-18, at 6:24 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Business Talk wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: charwood@earthlink.net

Agree it's a great catalog. I think the sets that are photopolymer are layering two-step, or three-step of more sets where it makes SO much sense for them to be clear. You get such perfect placement without a stamp a ma jig. I find if I condition the photopolymer by rubbing with a white eraser or inking with versa mark once first -- they work great. And to make up for the lack of a cushion I always stamp on top of the piercing mat when using photopolymer.

Catherine Harwood
Merritt Island, FL

On Jul 18, 2014, at 6:03 PM, "SUDSOL [Peggy Taylor] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11843h34@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

taylormadestamper@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: taylormadestamper@comcast.net

Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="<a href="x-msg://680/">x-msg://680/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peggy Taylor, please change the email address to: taylormadestamper@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11843.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h94@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="x-msg://3475/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Harwood, please change the email address to: charwood@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11844.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h46@n5.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

lindseyj
In reply to this post by Keryn Campbell

And may I add to the "yea" column of the new Holiday Catalog...standard Christmas colors:  Garden Green, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso!!!  That's good to have DSP that also is in our basic color palette!  Thank you, SU!

Major problem...got to work to get more $$$ to buy all the neat stuff in this catalog.  Now THAT'S a good problem to have!  Can't wait to order!
Jan

Jan Lindsey, stampin' in Louisville and having a great time!

www.stampinjan25.stampinup.net

Come visit my website for lots of great ideas and my calendar of events!

In a message dated 7/18/2014 10:51:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ml-node+s1100894n11851h9@.nabble writes:
Keryn@kerynscards.com?subject=RE: SU!: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Keryn@

Beautifully written Diane.

Keryn Campbell
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
Manager - Keryn's Krew

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SU!: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
<ml-node+s1100894n11850h97@.nabble>
Date: Sat, July 19, 2014 1:52 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <Keryn@>

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@

Diane

Diane Harman

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11850.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h40@.nabble
Keryn Campbell
http://kerynscards.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Keryn Campbell, please change the email address to: Keryn@kerynscards.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11851.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h21@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Kirsteen Gill
In reply to this post by Diane Harman

What amazes me is that we talked with the designer of some of the dsp yesterday. Next years Annual Catalog has already gone to print and the Holiday Catalog 2015 is about a week away from the printers!!!!

I know at leadership in a class (I think) we were told that SU reacted to the comments about samples and product being on different pages/front and back, and pulled the Spring Catalog from the printers to redesign the layout to include the side panels with product numbered and listed. So even though they had gone to print there was such a strong reaction from demo regarding the Holiday Catalog layout that the team pulled the Spring Catalog!
Awesome!
K

Kirsteen Gill
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Katy TX
(001) 713-594-5226

On Jul 18, 2014, at 7:52 PM, "SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11850h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

Diane

Diane Harman

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h36@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

PP stamps ... Re: SU!: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Nancy Legate
In reply to this post by Peggy Taylor

... are not for me, too.  Yes, they stay on the blocks better and yes, I cushion when stamping, but, no matter how lightly I tap-tap-tap, I am constantly getting ink on the block. If I'm not happy, I certainly cannot sell them to my customers.  I'll keep working with them to see how I can show them with ease to my customers, but I truly wished they would go back to all stamps either being wood or clear-mount.

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

Nancy l:^) -- Got Stamps? 
309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410

"We make a living by what we get,
   but we make a life by what we give."
           Winston Churchill
FACEBOOK:  http://facebook.com/stampin.nancy

On 7/18/2014 5:03 PM, SUDSOL [Peggy Taylor] via Business Talk wrote:

Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h53@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Sara Levin

Nancy ~

You may find that you will get less to no ink on your block if you turn your block so the stamp is up and apply the ink to the stamp.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 7:19 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Legate] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11873h55@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
meandmystampin@frontiernet.net?subject=PP+stamps+...+Re:+SU!:+Re:+Holiday+Catalogue+Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net

... are not for me, too.  Yes, they stay on the blocks better and yes, I cushion when stamping, but, no matter how lightly I tap-tap-tap, I am constantly getting ink on the block. If I'm not happy, I certainly cannot sell them to my customers.  I'll keep working with them to see how I can show them with ease to my customers, but I truly wished they would go back to all stamps either being wood or clear-mount.

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

<a href="tel:309-368-8005" value="+13093688005" target="_blank">309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410

Winston Churchill

taylormadestamper@...?subject=Re:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion

Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL
To: taylormadestamper@comcast.net

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h53@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Legate, please change the email address to: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11873.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Nancy Legate

Nancy,
I am one that was disappointed when I saw all the PP stamps in the catalog. Many of the sets I wanted to order right away were PP. So I ordered them.

Before my July club, I practiced, practiced, practiced. I cleaned the stamps real good on the scrubber, rubbed them on my grid paper, cleaned them again.  Tapping only one or two times is enough. Making sure the stamp is on without air bubbles beneath it too.

Then at club, I discussed my original concerns with my ladies, showed them how I worked with them, and then we stamped. We also passed around the Stampin' Pierce Mat.

They all liked the PP better than they had before.

Diane Harman
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:19 AM
Subject: SU!: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

meandmystampin@frontiernet.net
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

Winston Churchill

Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h53@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Legate, please change the email address to: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11873.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Pam Staples

Also, it may help to stamp them with versa mark then stamp off the versa mark the. Stamp in your ink color of choice. 

Pam Staples
(919) 995-4564

Follow me on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/sunnygirlscraps

Follow me on YouTube:

Follow me on Pinterest:  www.pinterest.com/stampwithpam

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2014, at 9:00 AM, "SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11876h21@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

Nancy,
I am one that was disappointed when I saw all the PP stamps in the catalog. Many of the sets I wanted to order right away were PP. So I ordered them.

Before my July club, I practiced, practiced, practiced. I cleaned the stamps real good on the scrubber, rubbed them on my grid paper, cleaned them again.  Tapping only one or two times is enough. Making sure the stamp is on without air bubbles beneath it too.

Then at club, I discussed my original concerns with my ladies, showed them how I worked with them, and then we stamped. We also passed around the Stampin' Pierce Mat.

They all liked the PP better than they had before.

Diane Harman
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:19 AM
Subject: SU!: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

meandmystampin@frontiernet.net

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

Winston Churchill

Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11876.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h58@n5.nabble.com
Pam Staples
www.sunnygirlscraps.com

SUDSOL Pinterest Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Amanda Harbison
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

This is exactly what I tell customers for the PP.  You have to ink the stamp, not stamp the ink :-)

Amanda Harbison
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
I love to decorate life with stamps... do you want to learn how?
email: akharbison@

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 05:03:01 -0700
To: akharbison@
Subject: SU!: Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

Nancy ~

You may find that you will get less to no ink on your block if you turn your block so the stamp is up and apply the ink to the stamp.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@ (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 7:19 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Legate] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11873h55@.nabble> wrote:
meandmystampin@?subject=PP+stamps+...+Re:+SU!:+Re:+Holiday+Catalogue+Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: meandmystampin@

... are not for me, too. Yes, they stay on the blocks better and yes, I cushion when stamping, but, no matter how lightly I tap-tap-tap, I am constantly getting ink on the block. If I'm not happy, I certainly cannot sell them to my customers. I'll keep working with them to see how I can show them with ease to my customers, but I truly wished they would go back to all stamps either being wood or clear-mount.

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

<a href="tel:309-368-8005" value="+13093688005" target="_blank">309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410

Winston Churchill

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: taylormadestamper@

I'm with you Nancy - I'm not a big fan of photopolymer either. But I do LOVE the variety and plethora of new things in this coming catalog. Ooh, ooh, ooh, I can hardly wait to spend the $274.20 I added up from my wish list!
Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL
To: taylormadestamper@

sergeantmajor0313@
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@

I am amazed with this catalogue. There are so many new punches, framelits, and kits. I really love the kits they are going to be a big success with my customers. The stamps are so awesome and there is such a variety. I love the paper as well. I guess I could just say I love this catalogue and can't wait to order.
One question comes to mind though, is stampin' Up moving away from their wonderful wooden and clear stamps for the (probably cheaper made) polymar?????? Not really a big fan.

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peggy Taylor, please change the email address to: taylormadestamper@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h53@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Legate, please change the email address to: meandmystampin@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h85@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11874.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h33@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Ruthie Burkey

At Convention they said the Photopolymer are to make 2-step stamping more successful.  They are much easier to line up and that is their purpose.

Ruthie Burkey, Ft. Worth, Texas
ruthieb76137@
www.stampinwithruthieb.blogspot.com
www.stampinwithruthieb.stampinup.net

Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:05 AM, SUDSOL [Amanda Harbison] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11878h87@.nabble> wrote:

akharbison@hotmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Re:%20PP%20stamps%20...%20Re:%20Re:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akharbison@

This is exactly what I tell customers for the PP.  You have to ink the stamp, not stamp the ink :-)

Amanda Harbison
email:  akharbison@

TheArtfulInker@?subject=Re: SU!: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

Nancy ~

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@ (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 7:19 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Legate] via Business Talk < ml-node+s1100894n11873h55@.nabble > wrote:
meandmystampin@ ?subject=PP+stamps+...+Re:+SU!:+Re:+Holiday+Catalogue+Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: meandmystampin@

... are not for me, too. Yes, they stay on the blocks better and yes, I cushion when stamping, but, no matter how lightly I tap-tap-tap, I am constantly getting ink on the block. If I'm not happy, I certainly cannot sell them to my customers. I'll keep working with them to see how I can show them with ease to my customers, but I truly wished they would go back to all stamps either being wood or clear-mount.

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

<a href="tel:309-368-8005" value="+13093688005" target="_blank">309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410

Winston Churchill

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: taylormadestamper@

I'm with you Nancy - I'm not a big fan of photopolymer either. But I do LOVE the variety and plethora of new things in this coming catalog. Ooh, ooh, ooh, I can hardly wait to spend the $274.20 I added up from my wish list!
Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

sergeantmajor0313@
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@

I am amazed with this catalogue. There are so many new punches, framelits, and kits. I really love the kits they are going to be a big success with my customers. The stamps are so awesome and there is such a variety. I love the paper as well. I guess I could just say I love this catalogue and can't wait to order.
One question comes to mind though, is stampin' Up moving away from their wonderful wooden and clear stamps for the (probably cheaper made) polymar?????? Not really a big fan.

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peggy Taylor, please change the email address to: taylormadestamper@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node% 2Bs1100894n3h53@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Legate, please change the email address to: meandmystampin@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node% 2Bs1100894n3h85@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="https://" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11874.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Amanda Harbison, please change the email address to: akharbison@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11878.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Maria Pobre

I agree... but I still prefer the red rubber.

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2014, at 11:28 AM, "SUDSOL [Ruthie Burkey] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11892h84@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

ruthieb76137@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: RE: Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ruthieb76137@yahoo.com

At Convention they said the Photopolymer are to make 2-step stamping more successful.  They are much easier to line up and that is their purpose.

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:05 AM, SUDSOL [Amanda Harbison] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11878h87@.nabble> wrote:

akharbison@hotmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Re:%20PP%20stamps%20...%20Re:%20Re:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akharbison@

Amanda Harbison

TheArtfulInker@?subject=Re: SU!: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Nancy ~

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@ (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 7:19 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Legate] via Business Talk < ml-node+s1100894n11873h55@.nabble > wrote:
meandmystampin@ ?subject=PP+stamps+...+Re:+SU!:+Re:+Holiday+Catalogue+Review/Opinion

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

Winston Churchill

Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

sergeantmajor0313@

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node% 2Bs1100894n3h53@.nabble

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node% 2Bs1100894n3h85@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="https://" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Amanda Harbison, please change the email address to: akharbison@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11878.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ruthie Burkey, please change the email address to: ruthieb76137@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11892.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for all, but... Re: SU!: Re: RE: Re: PP stamps ... Re: Re: Holiday Catalogue Review/Opinion

Nancy Legate
In reply to this post by Ruthie Burkey

I did try inking the stamp upside down... better, but still not good. I am in a swap and have to make 25 cards using a PP stamp set. It is going to take a lonnnnnng time to get it all stamped. I know that I will not be buying anymore PP stamps and/or be using them at my monthly workshops. It will take my group far too long to complete their projects... just too messy. I do have some ink spots. I may try using them with the PP stamps to see how that works, too.

I just wonder how long they (from Convention) have been using them. I never seemed to have problems lining up our clear-mounts. Bummer. Wished they would bring them back. Just sayin' :)

I will be sending a note of concern off to S'U! tomorrow as I know they do listen. I just had not really tried using them until this weekend. Now I know.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Have A Stampingly Day!

On 7/20/2014 8:28 PM, SUDSOL [Ruthie Burkey] via Business Talk wrote:
ruthieb76137@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU%21:%20RE:%20Re:%20PP%20stamps%20...%20Re:%20Re:%20Holiday%20Catalogue%20Review/Opinion
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ruthieb76137@yahoo.com

Amanda Harbison

Nancy ~

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@ (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

HAVE A STAMPINGLY DAY!!!

<a href=<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="tel:309-368-8005">"tel:309-368-8005" value="+13093688005" target="_blank">309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410

Winston Churchill

Peggy Taylor
Glen Ellyn, IL

sergeantmajor0313@

Nancy
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ruthie Burkey, please change the email address to: ruthieb76137@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Holiday-Catalogue-Review-Opinion-tp11840p11892.html