classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help with problem of classes

Wilkinsonb
Hi everyone,
     I need your help. I am in a delema, I offer card classes for $20 and you get 5 cards, snacks, my teaching and a gift. Well the other day I posted a list of my classes on a local site in our area and I got a bite. The lady asked me if I offer classes for any cheaper. My response was as above I offer a card class where you make 5 cards, you also get my teachings, a gift, snacks and your first class is free. So then another lady chimed in and she said I did 5 cards for $10 a few weeks ago. And then the original person said "great deal, that would be wonderful if we could find gatherings (in our town)just for the fun of it."

Wow! My heart sunk, I was taught through my coaching to charge what I am worth. But on the same side I am not getting class attendees.
Help! What should I do?
Thanks so much for listening and your help.
Brenda

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Help with problem of classes

Blythe Klipple

Brenda…….ignore that person.  She wants the moon.  And I’ll bet she’d never be a customer, just a user.   I would somehow say that this is your BUSINESS, not a giveaway.  I think you’re already giving too much for your $20 fee.  Wow, she just makes my blood boil.  And let her know she can certainly go back to the person who offered her the moon for $10.

I live in a mostly retired or low income area in the northern California mountains where customers are scarce but I will not give away my classes, my product or my time.  I’d rather just not do a class than have someone abuse me and that feels like what this person is doing.

OK, off my soapbox.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@stampingwithblythe.com (biz)

I own my own paper crafting business! :)

On Apr 4, 2017, at 7:18 AM, SUDSOL [Wilkinsonb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35281h78@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com?subject=Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com

Hi everyone,
     I need your help. I am in a delema, I offer card classes for $20 and you get 5 cards, snacks, my teaching and a gift. Well the other day I posted a list of my classes on a local site in our area and I got a bite. The lady asked me if I offer classes for any cheaper. My response was as above I offer a card class where you make 5 cards, you also get my teachings, a gift, snacks and your first class is free. So then another lady chimed in and she said I did 5 cards for $10 a few weeks ago. And then the original person said "great deal, that would be wonderful if we could find gatherings (in our town)just for the fun of it."

Wow! My heart sunk, I was taught through my coaching to charge what I am worth. But on the same side I am not getting class attendees.
Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Wilkinsonb, please change the email address to: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

Amen, Sister!

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On April 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n35282h41@.nabble> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Help with problem of classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

Brenda…….ignore that person.  She wants the moon.  And I’ll bet she’d never be a customer, just a user.   I would somehow say that this is your BUSINESS, not a giveaway.  I think you’re already giving too much for your $20 fee.  Wow, she just makes my blood boil.  And let her know she can certainly go back to the person who offered her the moon for $10.

I live in a mostly retired or low income area in the northern California mountains where customers are scarce but I will not give away my classes, my product or my time.  I’d rather just not do a class than have someone abuse me and that feels like what this person is doing.

OK, off my soapbox.

~Blythe

blythek@ (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)

On Apr 4, 2017, at 7:18 AM, SUDSOL [Wilkinsonb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35281h78@.nabble> wrote:

brendalovesherphotos@?subject=Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brendalovesherphotos@

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Wilkinsonb, please change the email address to: brendalovesherphotos@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35282.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Walsh

Ditto what Blythe stated..  You are worth every penny you are charging.  You are being more than generous with what you are providing for $20.00.

Regards, 

Jeanne C. Walsh
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
845-430-5971
http://createwithjeanne.stampinup.net
createwithjeanne@gmail.com

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:14 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35283h25@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Help+with+problem+of+classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Amen, Sister!

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
<a href="tel:(217)%20546-5769" target="_blank" value="+12175465769">(217) 546-5769
On April 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n35282h41@.nabble> wrote:

blythek@...?subject=Re: SU!: Help with problem of classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

Brenda…….ignore that person.  She wants the moon.  And I’ll bet she’d never be a customer, just a user.   I would somehow say that this is your BUSINESS, not a giveaway.  I think you’re already giving too much for your $20 fee.  Wow, she just makes my blood boil.  And let her know she can certainly go back to the person who offered her the moon for $10.

I live in a mostly retired or low income area in the northern California mountains where customers are scarce but I will not give away my classes, my product or my time.  I’d rather just not do a class than have someone abuse me and that feels like what this person is doing.

OK, off my soapbox.

~Blythe

On Apr 4, 2017, at 7:18 AM, SUDSOL [Wilkinsonb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35281h78@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brendalovesherphotos@

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Wilkinsonb, please change the email address to: brendalovesherphotos@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35282.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35283.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h45@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Wilkinsonb
In reply to this post by grantj

Thank you So much, that makes me feel better.
Brenda

Brenda WIlkinson
Your independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
BJ Stamping Treasures
Bring Joy with Stamping Treasures
413-203-5196
Email: Brenda@bjstampingtreasures.com

On Apr 4, 2017, at 11:14 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35283h41@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Help with problem of classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Amen, Sister!

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Help with problem of classes

OK, off my soapbox.

~Blythe

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35283.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h61@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Help with problem of classes, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Help with problem of classes

Char Wilson
In reply to this post by Wilkinsonb

Brenda,

When I was just starting out, I was going to charge $5 for 3 cards.  I was told by two friends, who were not demonstrators but had been in another stamp company with me years before….”DO NOT sell yourself cheap!!!   I was just trying so hard to get some customers in the area and there were already two demonstrators in my immediate area… having classes..and I was trying to attract new ones for my classes.  One of the demonstrators only charged $10 for 10 cards, at the time.  Since then, she has upped it to $20 for 10 cards. 

If you read anything at all about what to charge for classes…$1 a card is insane.  You are barely breaking even…and if you count the time you put in to create and make up kits…..you are practically giving them away.

My friends told me that my cards were worth $10 or more for 3 cards and DO NOT charge any less.  Well, I took their advice to heart and started offering classes for $10.  It was slow going and it has taken me a long time to get just a few customers to come.  But, now, although I still don’t have a huge class, I have regulars that come every month.  I have the customers that aren’t just looking for a cheap class….but are willing to pay for your time and your knowledge and respect that it takes a lot of time and effort and research to come up with a fun class each month. 

Actually, two of gals are ones that go to the other gal’s stamp class….they found out via the grapevine that I was doing classes and wanted to check me out.  The have told me over and over that they learn more at my class as I show them how to do different techniques and how to use their SU tools.  I keep up on all the sales from SU and update them on anything that is important, like things going out of stock etc.

I do the same as you, I teach them how to make the cards and do it step by step.  And, I also send them a PDF of the class directions, to their e-mail, after class.  They all said that they love that, as they keep them in a notebook.  Every now and then we have a potluck afterwards.

I make up kits for my class members, as I found out the hard way that if you put everything out for people to use, there are always those that will use WAY MORE than the card calls for.  After all…”IT”S FREE”.  I have them bring their own basic stamp kit, because once again, I learned the hard way if you provide them the adhesive, they will use WAY more than they would than if it was their own.  Once again, it’s each demonstrator’s own preference but I have to keep costs down…..and really, they don’t mind bringing their own stamp kit with them to classes.

I don’t have tons of money to just keep buying product when someone uses more than they need to, so I have to limit them to what is actually ON the card.  I find that doing kits, keeps my costs down.

I know it’s SO HARD to persevere when you know other demonstrators are out there charging way less or offering tons of other incentives.  But, really, you do need to charge what you are worth.  If you sell yourself cheap, cheap is what you will get.  You will attract those that are trying to find a ‘bargain’ and just go from demonstrator to demonstrator trying to get the cheapes they can get.  

There are customers out there that can see quality and will respect that you are working a business and that you need to charge what will not make you go broke.

Yes, I have had some people say that the ‘lady up the road only charges $10 for 10 cards (she has since changed it to $20) and I just say, that’s great!!!  But, my classes are $10 for 3 cards.  J

Hang in there!!!!  Keep doing what you are doing and let the others do what they do……and keep a good attitude.  I never talk bad about the other demonstrator….even when she doesn’t know that Glimmer paper was a part of SAB and they came to me asking why she didn’t know about it.  I said, “well, maybe she doesn’t read the updates, I don’t know’.

I know it’s so hard!!!  But, keep trying and if you ever need to just talk….you can get in touch with any of us, I am sure.  My e-mail is Pawnstamp@centurylink.net.

Hugs,

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:18 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Help with problem of classes

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Wilkinsonb, please change the email address to: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h47@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Help with problem of classes

Char Wilson
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

Whoooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you go Blythe!!!!!

It took me a long time to come to understand that….but I finally did!!  And, although I don’t have huge classes, I am not giving away the MOON either.  And, my customers look forward to every month.  In fact, they want me to have classes more often.   AND, although they do go to the other class up the road, they have told me that by only using SU products, they have learned how to use their stamps and other tools!!

They wanted me to tell them why the other demonstrator uses retired stuff and things from other companies.  I just told them, you’d have to ask her.  It’s against SU policy to use competing products from other companies, so that’s on her conscience.  I had to sign an agreement with SU and I will follow their guidelines. 

I have sold stamps with another company before…and I have to say that SU IS THE BEST out there!!!  Sorry, just really love SU.

Hugs,

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35282h96@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35282h96@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Help with problem of classes

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

OK, off my soapbox.

~Blythe

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@stampingwithblythe.com (biz)

On Apr 4, 2017, at 7:18 AM, SUDSOL [Wilkinsonb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35281h78@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h47@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Char Wilson

Char,

What do you have your customers put in their basic stamp kits that they bring to your class?

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On April 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM "SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n35285h34@.nabble> wrote:

Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net?subject=RE: Help with problem of classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Pawsnstamp@

Brenda,

When I was just starting out, I was going to charge $5 for 3 cards.  I was told by two friends, who were not demonstrators but had been in another stamp company with me years before….”DO NOT sell yourself cheap!!!   I was just trying so hard to get some customers in the area and there were already two demonstrators in my immediate area… having classes..and I was trying to attract new ones for my classes.  One of the demonstrators only charged $10 for 10 cards, at the time.  Since then, she has upped it to $20 for 10 cards. 

If you read anything at all about what to charge for classes…$1 a card is insane.  You are barely breaking even…and if you count the time you put in to create and make up kits…..you are practically giving them away.

My friends told me that my cards were worth $10 or more for 3 cards and DO NOT charge any less.  Well, I took their advice to heart and started offering classes for $10.  It was slow going and it has taken me a long time to get just a few customers to come.  But, now, although I still don’t have a huge class, I have regulars that come every month.  I have the customers that aren’t just looking for a cheap class….but are willing to pay for your time and your knowledge and respect that it takes a lot of time and effort and research to come up with a fun class each month. 

Actually, two of gals are ones that go to the other gal’s stamp class….they found out via the grapevine that I was doing classes and wanted to check me out.  The have told me over and over that they learn more at my class as I show them how to do different techniques and how to use their SU tools.  I keep up on all the sales from SU and update them on anything that is important, like things going out of stock etc.

I do the same as you, I teach them how to make the cards and do it step by step.  And, I also send them a PDF of the class directions, to their e-mail, after class.  They all said that they love that, as they keep them in a notebook.  Every now and then we have a potluck afterwards.

I make up kits for my class members, as I found out the hard way that if you put everything out for people to use, there are always those that will use WAY MORE than the card calls for.  After all…”IT”S FREE”.  I have them bring their own basic stamp kit, because once again, I learned the hard way if you provide them the adhesive, they will use WAY more than they would than if it was their own.  Once again, it’s each demonstrator’s own preference but I have to keep costs down…..and really, they don’t mind bringing their own stamp kit with them to classes.

I don’t have tons of money to just keep buying product when someone uses more than they need to, so I have to limit them to what is actually ON the card.  I find that doing kits, keeps my costs down.

I know it’s SO HARD to persevere when you know other demonstrators are out there charging way less or offering tons of other incentives.  But, really, you do need to charge what you are worth.  If you sell yourself cheap, cheap is what you will get.  You will attract those that are trying to find a ‘bargain’ and just go from demonstrator to demonstrator trying to get the cheapes they can get.  

There are customers out there that can see quality and will respect that you are working a business and that you need to charge what will not make you go broke.

Yes, I have had some people say that the ‘lady up the road only charges $10 for 10 cards (she has since changed it to $20) and I just say, that’s great!!!  But, my classes are $10 for 3 cards.  J

Hang in there!!!!  Keep doing what you are doing and let the others do what they do……and keep a good attitude.  I never talk bad about the other demonstrator….even when she doesn’t know that Glimmer paper was a part of SAB and they came to me asking why she didn’t know about it.  I said, “well, maybe she doesn’t read the updates, I don’t know’.

I know it’s so hard!!!  But, keep trying and if you ever need to just talk….you can get in touch with any of us, I am sure.  My e-mail is Pawnstamp@.

Hugs,

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble]

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h47@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Wilson, please change the email address to: Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35285.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Margaret Minneman

Brenda,  Everyone of these wonderful ladies is advising you to give yourself value.  The "something for nothing" crowd would advise that you should give them something because they are worth it.  You will need to choose who you want to listen to.  Since you asked for our help, I would advise that you give yourself value before those who would choose to take advantage of you.  The lady down the street has chosen to do things her way.  You are allowed (as if you need my permission....smile) to do the same.
Off MY soapbox now.

Maggi M.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM, SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk
<ml-node+s1100894n35285h35@.nabble> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Pawsnstamp@

Brenda,

I know it’s so hard!!!  But, keep trying and if you ever need to just talk….you can get in touch with any of us, I am sure.  My e-mail is Pawnstamp@ .

Hugs,

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble ]

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Wilson, please change the email address to: Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35285.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h93@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Char Wilson
In reply to this post by grantj

Hi Jan,

I ask all my gals to bring a basic kit which includes adhesive, scissors, bone folder and ruler,  (I DO provide SU dimensionals and Glue dots but some just bring their own).

If a new stamper comes,  I will supply what they need that first class, but then they are asked to bring their own basic kit the next month.  I give them a list of SU supplies that they can order.

Anyone asking about coming to class, I always mention to bring their own basic kit.

Some gals bring other things as well, that are in the SU catalog like adhesive remover, Tear N Tape, Multipurpose Liquid glue.  But, I do provide those when the card calls for it.  And, some bring their own paper trimmers, but everything is already done for them, so they rarely need them.  Some even bring extra things like rhinestones or pearls, in case they want to add even more to their cards.

They each get all the components for each card in a separate plastic bag, which we refer to as a ‘kit’.  Then, when they have finished each card, they hand me back the bag.  They take their cards home in the last bag they receive

I have thought about having extra supplies on hand, for them to purchase, if they run out of anything….but haven’t done it yet. 

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35288h82@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35288h82@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:15 AM

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes

Char,

What do you have your customers put in their basic stamp kits that they bring to your class?

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

On April 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM "SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n35285h34@.nabble> wrote:

Brenda,

I know it’s so hard!!!  But, keep trying and if you ever need to just talk….you can get in touch with any of us, I am sure.  My e-mail is Pawnstamp@.

Hugs,

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble]

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35288.html

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Help with problem of classes

Lois Folla

Hi Brenda,

It does take some of us time to realize we have worth when we do something we love and have such passion for. But In my 16 years of being a SU! Demonstrator, I’ve Iearned  I  can’t please all my customers, and those who I can’t, are asking for too much. That was a difficult lesson. But if I don’t stand up for myself, no one will.

They were trying to take advantage of my kindness. I’ve learned that even though we always welcome and are excited about new customers, there are some out there that are not for us. Those people are looking out for themselves. They have interrupted my classes, have been rude and I’ve learned, sometimes I just have to tell someone, I feel you would be much happier with a different local demonstrator. Thank you for your business, and would explain how to find other local demonstrators…   

I did not go through why it wasn’t okay to have her as a customer, but you can let them go politely but firmly. One would think, customers are to keep forever. You never remove them from  your mailing list. Well, I disagree with that. We know in our hearts what is acceptable behavior and what is not.

So keep doing what you do. Be proud of who you are, because you are awesome!  Do not let them feel bad about yourself. Hold your head up high and tell them, well you have my schedule if it works for you, I look forward to stamping with you. If they decide to attend and you find they are negative you can let them go nicely on your end.

I’ve learned a valuable lesson, others can’t make me feel bad, only I can let them. It’s up to me on how I feel inside. I have the power over myself. What a relief, I am in control of myself! WOO HOO

Well, off my soap opera…. Lol

Hugs,

Lois

Lois Folla

Senior Manager | Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Inkie Spirits Leader Since 2000

Email: Lois@ | Phone: 732-785-1558

Office: 755 Hardean Rd, Brick, NJ 08724

Follow for Creative Ideas: www. StampinPress.com | Address: 755 Hardean Rd, Brick, NJ 08724

Shop Online 27/4 at: www.LoisFolla.StampinUp.net

From: ml-node+s1100894n35281h27@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35281h27@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:18 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

I agree with Blythe - they are “moochers.” I held a Stamp a Stack - they paid $25 and got the opportunity to make 2 DOZEN cards. I also heard complaints -did not have enough time, too $$$ did not care for the pattern, etc.  Those 2 gals were very happy to take my catty’s and offered their suggestions - but not a single order since.  Freeloaders! But from the rest I did get a few - maybe it was not as much because everyone had to pay the $25? I’ll never know.

Let them go to someone else - not worth my time or effort.

Since then I did hold a New Catty open house - and one of them came back - it was a free event - again, she was happy to take the catty, chatted a good bit, even about signing up - but nope, have not heard from her since. But most of the gals did order - I got over $350 in sales that evening - maybe because it was free???? But we cannot always offer free events, it takes our time and effort to put them on, and money if we have to pay a room fee, etc.

Don’t fret over it.  Offer quality classes, events, fun and just share what you love.

Hope that helps, Nola

On Apr 4, 2017, at 8:08 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35282h18@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

OK, off my soapbox.

~Blythe

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com

Hi everyone, 

Help! What should I do? 
Brenda 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Wilkinsonb, please change the email address to: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35282.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Char Wilson
In reply to this post by Margaret Minneman

Exactly!!!!  Everyone has the right to run their business as best suits them.  Charge more, charge less…..don’t charge at all.  It’s all good!!  J

I do have a bit of a problem, though, with those that go against company policy.  I am a firm believer if you sign a contract NOT to do something, you shouldn’t do it.  Especially, if you are holding classes and calling yourself a SU demonstrator…you should be representing SU….not Close to my Heart, Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, and every other company out there.   

I have been told countless times, by a couple of my class members, (that still go to my friend’s classes) that the reason they started coming to my classes is because when they have wanted to order a stamp or a product from this other gal, that they used on a card, they were told, “Oh it’s retired but you can probably find it on e-bay or Oh I got that at Michaels”.  Guess what? They are frustrated because they don’t want to drive 40 miles to go to Michael’s or Hobby Lobby or where ever, they want to buy it then and there.  

I am not ditzing her in any way shape or form.  She is a friend of mine!   She doesn’t get the orders she could because she keeps using retired stuff because she doesn’t want to spend money to get new.   It’s sad and I have tried to explain it to her way before I ever got into SU…..(when I was going to her classes)….and trying to help her get better sales….but she refuses to listen. 

I eventually signed up just to be able to buy at a discount and was still going to her classes to support her, but when different people would ask her questions about something and she didn’t know the answers, it bothered me.  I never told any of them I had joined SU.  So, it was hard to sit there and not tell them the answers to their questions.  I finally just had to quit going as it was painful to witness…. L

I never did tell any of her customers that I was with SU.  But, when I broke my wrist really bad a year and a half ago, one of the gals came to visit me and she found out that I was a demonstrator and wanted to know if I had classes.  I told her that I did.  She started coming to my classes and got EXCITED about stamping.  Now she’s like a sponge!! She wants it ALL.  She said she just never got enthused because every time she would want to purchase something, it was retired or SU didn’t sell it. 

So, I say….it’s her business and she can run it the way she wishes.  BUT….it does irritate me when demonstrators use products and stamps from other companies and then complain, to me, that they don’t get very good sales.  I have heard it over and over and over the last few months and I try to explain to them…..but they refuse to change, they already have so many stamps…..so why did they join SU?  I guess I don’t get it.

I would love to see this thread continue on how everyone holds their classes!!!  I have gained so much from not only my AWESOME upline….but from a lot of you that share in Chat room and on here!!

Please don’t take this as ditzing anyone….I definitely am not…..just trying to understand why anyone joins SU….and then uses other company’s stuff.  Whether they charge $1 or $100 for classes, not using SU products bothers me.

HUGS

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35289h13@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35289h13@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:18 AM

mamin50@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mamin50@yahoo.com

Brenda,  Everyone of these wonderful ladies is advising you to give yourself value.  The "something for nothing" crowd would advise that you should give them something because they are worth it.  You will need to choose who you want to listen to.  Since you asked for our help, I would advise that you give yourself value before those who would choose to take advantage of you.  The lady down the street has chosen to do things her way.  You are allowed (as if you need my permission....smile) to do the same.

Off MY soapbox now.

Maggi M.

Brenda,

I know it’s so hard!!!  But, keep trying and if you ever need to just talk….you can get in touch with any of us, I am sure.  My e-mail is Pawnstamp@ .

Hugs,

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n35281h65@.nabble ]

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Margaret Minneman, please change the email address to: mamin50@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35289.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

On Apr 4, 2017, at 10:21 AM, SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35294h90@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net

I can definitely agree with you, Char, on that - why push another vendor if you are a SU! Demo - I personally won’t even hold a class at a Big Box Store - that’s where they will shop! Now this is not to say that I “never” shop anywhere but SU! as that would not be true, but the vast majority of time I do - quality and selection - not to mention all the savings we get as Demo’s. 
Great to have the input here!
Nola

Exactly!!!! Everyone has the right to run their business as best suits them. Charge more, charge less…..don’t charge at all. It’s all good!! J

I do have a bit of a problem, though, with those that go against company policy. I am a firm believer if you sign a contract NOT to do something, you shouldn’t do it. Especially, if you are holding classes and calling yourself a SU demonstrator…you should be representing SU….not Close to my Heart, Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, and every other company out there.

I have been told countless times, by a couple of my class members, (that still go to my friend’s classes) that the reason they started coming to my classes is because when they have wanted to order a stamp or a product from this other gal, that they used on a card, they were told, “Oh it’s retired but you can probably find it on e-bay or Oh I got that at Michaels”. Guess what? They are frustrated because they don’t want to drive 40 miles to go to Michael’s or Hobby Lobby or where ever, they want to buy it then and there.

I am not ditzing her in any way shape or form. She is a friend of mine! She doesn’t get the orders she could because she keeps using retired stuff because she doesn’t want to spend money to get new. It’s sad and I have tried to explain it to her way before I ever got into SU…..(when I was going to her classes)….and trying to help her get better sales….but she refuses to listen.

I eventually signed up just to be able to buy at a discount and was still going to her classes to support her, but when different people would ask her questions about something and she didn’t know the answers, it bothered me. I never told any of them I had joined SU. So, it was hard to sit there and not tell them the answers to their questions. I finally just had to quit going as it was painful to witness…. L

I never did tell any of her customers that I was with SU. But, when I broke my wrist really bad a year and a half ago, one of the gals came to visit me and she found out that I was a demonstrator and wanted to know if I had classes. I told her that I did. She started coming to my classes and got EXCITED about stamping. Now she’s like a sponge!! She wants it ALL. She said she just never got enthused because every time she would want to purchase something, it was retired or SU didn’t sell it.

So, I say….it’s her business and she can run it the way she wishes. BUT….it does irritate me when demonstrators use products and stamps from other companies and then complain, to me, that they don’t get very good sales. I have heard it over and over and over the last few months and I try to explain to them…..but they refuse to change, they already have so many stamps…..so why did they join SU? I guess I don’t get it.

I would love to see this thread continue on how everyone holds their classes!!! I have gained so much from not only my AWESOME upline….but from a lot of you that share in Chat room and on here!!

Please don’t take this as ditzing anyone….I definitely am not…..just trying to understand why anyone joins SU….and then uses other company’s stuff. Whether they charge $1 or $100 for classes, not using SU products bothers me.

HUGS

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35289h13@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35289h13@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:18 AM

mamin50@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mamin50@yahoo.com

Off MY soapbox now.

Maggi M.

Brenda,

Hugs,

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Margaret Minneman, please change the email address to: mamin50@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35289.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35294.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Char Wilson
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

Wow….good advice Lois!!!!

I am the same way, I have been a demonstrator for about 16 years, myself.  I was a demonstrator for another company that folded and then joined SU about 3 ½ years ago.  I have had to set my limits and sometimes I get a customer that wants to advertise for other demonstrator’s classes at my class and I just politely tell them that they are more than welcome to go to other people’s classes, it’s fun to learn from a variety of demonstrators.  I certainly do.  But please don’t advertise other demonstrator’s classes at my class and in return, please do not talk about my classes at another demonstrator’s class.  That is just not polite or fair. 

Here’s another question for you all!  What do you say to people that just have to say, “Oh you can get that on Amazon cheaper?” right in your class?

I had one gal bring up about getting a Big Shot cheaper on Amazon.  I politely told her, “YEP, you can, but, think about this, will Amazon give you classes on how to use it and will they be there to  walk you through it and, if something doesn’t work right, will they show you what to do? Will Amazon show you how to use the different dies in it?

Hmmm, she thought about that for a few weeks and she attended a Big Shot Workshop, later, and ended up buying it from me.  J

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:54 AM

lois@stampinpress.com?subject=RE:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hi Brenda,

It does take some of us time to realize we have worth when we do something we love and have such passion for. But In my 16 years of being a SU! Demonstrator, I’ve Iearned  I  can’t please all my customers, and those who I can’t, are asking for too much. That was a difficult lesson. But if I don’t stand up for myself, no one will.

They were trying to take advantage of my kindness. I’ve learned that even though we always welcome and are excited about new customers, there are some out there that are not for us. Those people are looking out for themselves. They have interrupted my classes, have been rude and I’ve learned, sometimes I just have to tell someone, I feel you would be much happier with a different local demonstrator. Thank you for your business, and would explain how to find other local demonstrators…   

I did not go through why it wasn’t okay to have her as a customer, but you can let them go politely but firmly. One would think, customers are to keep forever. You never remove them from  your mailing list. Well, I disagree with that. We know in our hearts what is acceptable behavior and what is not.

Do keep doing what you do. Be proud of who you are, because you are awesome!  Do not let them feel bad about yourself. Hold your head up high and tell them, well you have my schedule if it works for you, I look forward to stamping with you. If they decide to attend and you find they are negative you can let them go nicely on your end.

I’ve learned a valuable lesson, others can’t make me feel bad, only I can let them. It’s up to me on how I feel inside. I have the power over myself. What a relief, I am in control of myself! WOO HOO

Hugs,

Lois

Lois Folla

Follow for Creative Ideas: www. StampinPress.com | Address: 755 Hardean Rd, Brick, NJ 08724

From: ml-node+s1100894n35281h27@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n35281h27@.nabble]

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35292.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer

If I do a "for the fun of it" class, I make a sample, put enough supplies for everyone at their place, tell them how I made the card/project, and let them make it. They have to bring their own adhesive. They have to cut their own papers down to size. No techniques or fancy folds. No snacks. Two projects. That's my $10 class.

Robin Messenheimer
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2017, at 7:18 AM, SUDSOL [Wilkinsonb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35281h80@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com?subject=Help with problem of classes

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

On Apr 4, 2017, at 10:36 AM, SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35296h52@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net

Sure, you can get some of our things - like the BS cheaper elsewhere, but I won’t show you how to use it if it’s not through us. And, personally I give my customers a fantastic deal if they buy it for me - they earn their reward points towards free stuff, I give them % off on a die, a free package of card stock and even a $ off on one set of stamps - I get them to round it up to $150 then they also get hostess bene’s.

Love being part of this group!!!
Nola

I am the same way, I have been a demonstrator for about 16 years, myself. I was a demonstrator for another company that folded and then joined SU about 3 ½ years ago. I have had to set my limits and sometimes I get a customer that wants to advertise for other demonstrator’s classes at my class and I just politely tell them that they are more than welcome to go to other people’s classes, it’s fun to learn from a variety of demonstrators. I certainly do. But please don’t advertise other demonstrator’s classes at my class and in return, please do not talk about my classes at another demonstrator’s class. That is just not polite or fair.

Here’s another question for you all! What do you say to people that just have to say, “Oh you can get that on Amazon cheaper?” right in your class?

I had one gal bring up about getting a Big Shot cheaper on Amazon. I politely told her, “YEP, you can, but, think about this, will Amazon give you classes on how to use it and will they be there to walk you through it and, if something doesn’t work right, will they show you what to do? Will Amazon show you how to use the different dies in it?

Hmmm, she thought about that for a few weeks and she attended a Big Shot Workshop, later, and ended up buying it from me. J

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hi Brenda,

Do keep doing what you do. Be proud of who you are, because you are awesome!  Do not let them feel bad about yourself. Hold your head up high and tell them, well you have my schedule if it works for you, I look forward to stamping with you. If they decide to attend and you find they are negative you can let them go nicely on your end.

Hugs,

Lois

Lois Folla

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35292.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35296.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Rachel Brumley

One thing that worked for me was:

What time we were kidding around in class that it wasn’t nice to bring up “other” brands at the class.  I mentioned the idea of a quarter jar.  Every time someone mentioned another brand, they had to put it in the jar.  Now when someone mentioned the other “brands”, I always say, “that’s a quarter for the jar”.   We don’t actually have a jar but it’s a good way to call it to their attention that it’s a no-no.

Rachel Brumley
Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator
(479) 644-3318

From: "SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n35296h45@n7.nabble.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 12:36 PM
To: Rachel Brumley <rachelbrumley@cox.net>

Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net?subject=RE: SU!: Help with problem of classes

I am the same way, I have been a demonstrator for about 16 years, myself. I was a demonstrator for another company that folded and then joined SU about 3 1Ž2 years ago. I have had to set my limits and sometimes I get a customer that wants to advertise for other demonstrator’s classes at my class and I just politely tell them that they are more than welcome to go to other people’s classes, it’s fun to learn from a variety of demonstrators. I certainly do. But please don’t advertise other demonstrator’s classes at my class and in return, please do not talk about my classes at another demonstrator’s class. That is just not polite or fair.

Here’s another question for you all! What do you say to people that just have to say, “Oh you can get that on Amazon cheaper?” right in your class?

I had one gal bring up about getting a Big Shot cheaper on Amazon. I politely told her, “YEP, you can, but, think about this, will Amazon give you classes on how to use it and will they be there to walk you through it and, if something doesn’t work right, will they show you what to do? Will Amazon show you how to use the different dies in it?

Hmmm, she thought about that for a few weeks and she attended a Big Shot Workshop, later, and ended up buying it from me. J

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

Hi Brenda,

Hugs,

Lois

Lois Folla

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35296.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

Char, good for you! I have had a few customers, but most understand this is your business and will not send your customers somewhere else. Most of the time, a customer will say something so I don’t have to… and I do not call a person out on it the first time. They are trying to be helpful sometimes and not realizing what they are doing.

If my customer does say who you shared about the BS. I too would say what you said, plus not only does she get top CS from you and SU but hostesses get credit for purchases, SAB, Special Promotions, Hostess Rewards etc.

If someone shares about other stamping card classes, I let them know there are other classes out there, that is why I try my hardest to create beautiful projects and always let my customers know I appreciate them. If others join in on how wonderful I am, I share, thank you but just like there are a few Sears or Walmart’s in your area, you chose to shop with who you like best. Where you get the best service, and where you have fun and feel like home…. : ) So I try to cover them with kindness… they are welcome to go anywhere but please do not advertise for them.  And again, if they can’t respect you and your business then???? 

There is always a kind gentle way of sharing what we need our customers to hear. IF they continue to try to hurt our businesses by sharing other places to get our products, I would be happy to send them there!  LOL

Hugs,

Lois

Lois Folla

From: ml-node+s1100894n35298h54@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35298h54@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:47 PM

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

On Apr 4, 2017, at 10:36 AM, SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n35296h52@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Sure, you can get some of our things - like the BS cheaper elsewhere, but I won’t show you how to use it if it’s not through us. And, personally I give my customers a fantastic deal if they buy it for me - they earn their reward points towards free stuff, I give them % off on a die, a free package of card stock and even a $ off on one set of stamps - I get them to round it up to $150 then they also get hostess bene’s.

Love being part of this group!!!

Nola

I am the same way, I have been a demonstrator for about 16 years, myself. I was a demonstrator for another company that folded and then joined SU about 3 ½ years ago. I have had to set my limits and sometimes I get a customer that wants to advertise for other demonstrator’s classes at my class and I just politely tell them that they are more than welcome to go to other people’s classes, it’s fun to learn from a variety of demonstrators. I certainly do. But please don’t advertise other demonstrator’s classes at my class and in return, please do not talk about my classes at another demonstrator’s class. That is just not polite or fair.

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble]

Hi Brenda,

Hugs,

Lois

Lois Folla

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35298.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Char Wilson
In reply to this post by Rachel Brumley

Oh  my gosh!!!  I LOVE this idea!!!  And, it makes it fun, too!!!

When I first started doing classes in my home, I found I was always forgetting something (as I have a horrible habit of putting everything back in it’s place and would forget to put in the box of supplies).  It because of a joke about how many trips I would make to my craft room.  One time I decided to make it fun.  I had them write down the guesstimate of how many trips I would make that class…and gave a prize to the winner.

Now, they keep asking if I’ll do it again, although, now I don’t make anywhere NEAR the trips I used to.

Thanks!!!

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35299h23@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35299h23@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 11:03 AM

rachelbrumley@cox.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20problem%20of%20classes

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rachelbrumley@cox.net

One thing that worked for me was:

What time we were kidding around in class that it wasn’t nice to bring up “other” brands at the class.  I mentioned the idea of a quarter jar.  Every time someone mentioned another brand, they had to put it in the jar.  Now when someone mentioned the other “brands”, I always say, “that’s a quarter for the jar”.   We don’t actually have a jar but it’s a good way to call it to their attention that it’s a no-no.

Rachel Brumley

Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator

(479) 644-3318

From: "SUDSOL [Char Wilson] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n35296h45@n7.nabble.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 12:36 PM
To: Rachel Brumley <rachelbrumley@cox.net>

Pawsnstamp@centurylink.net?subject=RE: SU!: Help with problem of classes

I am the same way, I have been a demonstrator for about 16 years, myself. I was a demonstrator for another company that folded and then joined SU about 3 1Ž2 years ago. I have had to set my limits and sometimes I get a customer that wants to advertise for other demonstrator’s classes at my class and I just politely tell them that they are more than welcome to go to other people’s classes, it’s fun to learn from a variety of demonstrators. I certainly do. But please don’t advertise other demonstrator’s classes at my class and in return, please do not talk about my classes at another demonstrator’s class. That is just not polite or fair.

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

From: ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n35292h6@.nabble]

Hi Brenda,

Hugs,

Lois

Lois Folla

Hi everyone,

Help! What should I do?
Brenda

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Rachel Brumley, please change the email address to: rachelbrumley@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-problem-of-classes-tp35281p35299.html