Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

Alicia Schukar
Does anyone have a good organization method for storing the  stamps and Thinlits and framelits together?.. I am starting to get more and more and really can't come up with an idea to keep them together so I know which goes with what??
Many thanks to anyone that can offer any suggestions.
Alicia
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

Coleen Astalos
I originally was using the SU! Clear stamp cases with magnets as shown in this SUDSOL article:
http://sudsol.org/member/articles/2015/12/09/how-to-store-framelits-and-thinlits-dies/

But then when some of the dies got too large for the Stamp Cases, I switched to using these containers for the Thinlits & Framelits: http://www.amazon.com/ArtBin-6978AB-Magnetic-Storage-Translucent/dp/B007Q41MO6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449682391&sr=8-2&keywords=magnetic+die+storage
Every die SU! makes fits on the sheets, so I don't have to figure out different storage for ones that are too big.

I have two cases - one for retired thinlits & framelits and one for current ones.  You can fit about 30 of the magnetic sheets (with dies) in a single case.  So a LOT fit in there.   It makes it very easy grab the case, my big shot and go!  I wish SU! sold these!

Coleen

Alicia Schukar wrote
Does anyone have a good organization method for storing the  stamps and Thinlits and framelits together?.. I am starting to get more and more and really can't come up with an idea to keep them together so I know which goes with what??
Alicia
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
In reply to this post by Alicia Schukar
Oops.  I re-read your post and realized you were asking ways to keep the stamps with the thinlits/framelits.  The first idea - using the stamp set cases with magnets would work.  You could put the dies on one side and the stamps on the other side of the case.  But if the dies go with multiple stamp sets (or if they're too big for the case) that doesn't work.
Coleen

Alicia Schukar wrote
Alicia
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

Krista Pomeroy

I don't store mine together.
But I do take the paper out of the stamp case and write, down at the bottom, which framelits, thinlits, dies or punches go with the set. Then when I pull a stamp set I can look to see what coordinates with the set. Works for me.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Alicia Schukar] via SUDSOL Info & Help" <ml-node+s1100894n25510h3@.nabble>
Date: 12/9/2015 7:06 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <purplewine1953@>
Subject: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

ascrappr@yahoo.com?subject=Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ascrappr@

Alicia

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Alicia Schukar, please change the email address to: ascrappr@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h34@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Denise Salyards

Great idea! 

Denise Salyards

Dsalyards210@

From: ml-node+s1100894n25517h58@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n25517h58@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 1:08 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <dsalyards210@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

purplewine1953@yahoo.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20organizing%20stamps%20and%20Thinlits%20and%20frameits

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: purplewine1953@yahoo.com

But I do take the paper out of the stamp case and write, down at the bottom, which framelits, thinlits, dies or punches go with the set. Then when I pull a stamp set I can look to see what coordinates with the set. Works for me.

From: "SUDSOL [Alicia Schukar] via SUDSOL Info & Help" <ml-node+s1100894n25510h3@.nabble>

ascrappr@yahoo.com?subject=Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ascrappr@

Alicia

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Alicia Schukar, please change the email address to: ascrappr@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510.html

To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h34@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Krista Pomeroy, please change the email address to: purplewine1953@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25517.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h24@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

Alicia Schukar

Many thanks !  Love this idea too!

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 9, 2015, at 1:08 PM, SUDSOL [Denise Salyards] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n25518h82@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

dsalyards210@gmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dsalyards210@gmail.com

Great idea! 

Denise Salyards

Dsalyards210@

From: ml-node+s1100894n25517h58@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n25517h58@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 1:08 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <dsalyards210@>

purplewine1953@yahoo.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20organizing%20stamps%20and%20Thinlits%20and%20frameits

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: purplewine1953@yahoo.com

Alicia

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Krista Pomeroy, please change the email address to: purplewine1953@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25517.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h24@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Denise Salyards, please change the email address to: dsalyards210@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25518.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h17@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

LeannaK

I have adhered magnetic sheets to my wall above my Big shot. Seems to work for me--however I do get a few of them that (the magnetic sheets) that fall off my wall. Its wood panelled :)

Leanna Kerr
Silver~Stampin' Up!
Prince George, BC Canada
My website: www.luv2papercrafting.stampinup.net
Join Paper Pumpkin: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en-ca?demoid=2057093
My blog: www.stampingwithleanna.com
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luv2papercrafting-with-Stampin-Up-Leanna-Kerr/320746559082?ref=hl

Lets get together and create with paper!

Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 at 7:06 AM
From: "SUDSOL [Alicia Schukar] via SUDSOL Info & Help" <ml-node+s1100894n25510h18@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <kerr_leanna@>
Subject: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
<a href="ascrappr@yahoo.com?subject=Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits" target="_parent">Click here to reply directly to Alicia Schukar privately at ascrappr@...

Alicia
If you want the reply to go ONLY to Alicia Schukar, please change the email address to: ascrappr@...
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h49@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL Info & Help, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I also have magnetic sheets (got a roll at Michaels) on my walls and put my dies on them.  I file the seasonal ones and specialty (like the baby set) in their case, because I don’t have enough room on the wall.  I am very visual, so I need to have them displayed, otherwise, I wouldn’t remember what I had.

-- 
Kathy Slamar
Sent with Airmail

On December 9, 2015 at 11:46:58 PM, SUDSOL [LeannaK] via Business Talk (ml-node+s1100894n25531h20@n5.nabble.com) wrote:

kerr_leanna@mail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20organizing%20stamps%20and%20Thinlits%20and%20frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kerr_leanna@

I have adhered magnetic sheets to my wall above my Big shot. Seems to work for me--however I do get a few of them that (the magnetic sheets) that fall off my wall. Its wood panelled :)

Leanna Kerr
Silver~Stampin' Up!
Prince George, BC Canada
My website: www.luv2papercrafting.stampinup.net
Join Paper Pumpkin: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en-ca?demoid=2057093
My blog: www.stampingwithleanna.com
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luv2papercrafting-with-Stampin-Up-Leanna-Kerr/320746559082?ref=hl

Lets get together and create with paper!

Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 at 7:06 AM
From: "SUDSOL [Alicia Schukar] via SUDSOL Info & Help" <ml-node+s1100894n25510h18@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <kerr_leanna@>
Subject: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
<a href="ascrappr@?subject=Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits" target="_parent">Click here to reply directly to Alicia Schukar privately at ascrappr@...

Alicia
If you want the reply to go ONLY to Alicia Schukar, please change the email address to: ascrappr@...
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h49@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL Info & Help, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to LeannaK, please change the email address to: kerr_leanna@mail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25531.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h52@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

ruth chadwick
Alicia Schukar wrote
Alicia
 I keep mine with the stamp that it matches on a magnetic board.  if they are too big to go with the stamp, i've make sure they are held together by a elastic band!  they are all kept together on one shelf in alpha order.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jenny Pierce

I don't really keep mine together but I do make a tag for the stamp set telling me which die/thinlit goes with it.
Jenny

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:34:05 -0700
To: Canadianstarlite@

momcswan@yahoo.com?subject=Re: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: momcswan@

Alicia Schukar wrote
Alicia
 I keep mine with the stamp that it matches on a magnetic board.  if they are too big to go with the stamp, i've make sure they are held together by a elastic band!  they are all kept together on one shelf in alpha order.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to ruth chadwick, please change the email address to: momcswan@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25552.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h40@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

cwroteninflorida

Does Sudsol have a cross reference showing the SU thinlits and frametlits and which stamp sets you can use with these 'lits?

From: "SUDSOL [Jenny Pierce] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n25557h88@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <cwroteninflorida@>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 6:03:08 AM

Canadianstarlite@msn.com?subject=RE: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Canadianstarlite@

I don't really keep mine together but I do make a tag for the stamp set telling me which die/thinlit goes with it.
Jenny

momcswan@?subject=Re: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: momcswan@

Alicia Schukar wrote
Alicia

If you want the reply to go ONLY to ruth chadwick, please change the email address to: momcswan@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25552.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jenny Pierce, please change the email address to: Canadianstarlite@msn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25557.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h14@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Alicia Schukar

I would love to know too!
I just wanted to thank everyone for your response regarding the storage of stamps and matching framelits or Thinlits.  I am going to leave the ones that I have in the standard stamp case that I put them when they first came out.  Most of these don't have matching stamps.  For the ones that do I am putting the stamp and framelits or Thinlits that match together with magnetic back to hold them in one case. I did run into a problem with the stamps that have a lot of stamps so I just used the wide full stamp case and it worked great!
Again thanks so much!
Alicia

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 13, 2015, at 1:57 PM, SUDSOL [cwroteninflorida] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n25576h80@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

cwroteninflorida@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cwroteninflorida@comcast.net

Does Sudsol have a cross reference showing the SU thinlits and frametlits and which stamp sets you can use with these 'lits?

From: "SUDSOL [Jenny Pierce] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n25557h88@.nabble>

Canadianstarlite@msn.com?subject=RE: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Canadianstarlite@

Jenny

Alicia Schukar wrote
Alicia

If you want the reply to go ONLY to ruth chadwick, please change the email address to: momcswan@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jenny Pierce, please change the email address to: Canadianstarlite@msn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25557.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to cwroteninflorida, please change the email address to: cwroteninflorida@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25576.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h17@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
In reply to this post by cwroteninflorida

Yep, you can find it on SUDSOL here: http://sudsol.org/member/articles/2015/11/02/stamp-set-to-punch-list-shared-by-kathy-picon/

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n25576h1@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n25576h1@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:58 AM
To: SUDSOL Group

cwroteninflorida@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20organizing%20stamps%20and%20Thinlits%20and%20frameits

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cwroteninflorida@comcast.net

Jenny

Alicia Schukar wrote

Alicia

If you want the reply to go ONLY to cwroteninflorida, please change the email address to: cwroteninflorida@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25576.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@n5.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

cwroteninflorida

Thank you Coleen.... you're the greatest!!!

From: "SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n25580h1@.nabble>
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 10:57:34 PM

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@

Yep, you can find it on SUDSOL here: http://sudsol.org/member/articles/2015/11/02/stamp-set-to-punch-list-shared-by-kathy-picon/

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n25576h1@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n25576h1@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:58 AM
To: SUDSOL Group

cwroteninflorida@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20organizing%20stamps%20and%20Thinlits%20and%20frameits

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cwroteninflorida@

Canadianstarlite@?subject=RE: SU!: Help with organizing stamps and Thinlits and frameits

Jenny

Alicia Schukar wrote

Alicia

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jenny Pierce, please change the email address to: Canadianstarlite@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to cwroteninflorida, please change the email address to: cwroteninflorida@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@.nabble

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-organizing-stamps-and-Thinlits-and-frameits-tp25510p25580.html