classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help with Die

Nola Burkhard
Hi Stampers:

Hoping to get some good advice here. I have used the Adriondack chair die a lot. I always seem to have to take a hatpin to the die after running it through the BS to losen all the tiny dots from the chair.  I have run it through with a dryer sheet and although it helps, it still requires the hatpin.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Help with Die

Barbara Felece

Hi!

There a are a couple solutions. Use the new platform with the thin die adapter and run it through a couple times. If you don’t have that, whatever platform you have run it through more than once. Use the big shot die brush to get out all the small pieces. 
I have this die also and this is how I use it with a minimum of poking out small pieces.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2018, at 2:42 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n41836h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Help with Die
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Hi Stampers:

Hoping to get some good advice here. I have used the Adriondack chair die a lot. I always seem to have to take a hatpin to the die after running it through the BS to losen all the tiny dots from the chair.  I have run it through with a dryer sheet and although it helps, it still requires the hatpin.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

I’ve never heard of a thin die adapter.
Can you send me a photo of it?
Thanks, nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2018, at 11:58 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n41837h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Help with Die
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

Hi!

There a are a couple solutions. Use the new platform with the thin die adapter and run it through a couple times. If you don’t have that, whatever platform you have run it through more than once. Use the big shot die brush to get out all the small pieces. 
I have this die also and this is how I use it with a minimum of poking out small pieces.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2018, at 2:42 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n41836h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Hi Stampers:

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41837.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Carol Hodson

Try running it through several times with wax paper on top of your card stock then the die then a brand new cutting plate on top and bottom. If the tiny pieces are still sticking to the inside of the die (even after running it through forwards and backwards several times) then add a piece of card stock as a shim underneath the bottom plate directly onto your magnetic platform or whatever you’re using as your “sandwich”. I don’t have problems cutting out framelits however the more intricate dies (thinlits) can’t stick even if you have used them many many times and the amount of wax in the wax paper Is just right to recondition them!  Hope that helps 👍

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

On Apr 17, 2018, at 12:51 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n41839h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: Help with Die

Thanks, nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2018, at 11:58 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n41837h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

Hi!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Stampers:

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41837.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41839.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Help with Die

Cathy Hansen

Someone told me recently that some “expert” somewhere said waxed paper (usually my go-to solution for getting card stock to loosen from intricate dies) could eventually dull the thin metal dies.  She suggested using shopping bags (the kind they package your stuff in at grocery stores, dollar stores, etc.) in place of waxed paper between the die and the card stock/paper.  It worked great!  The paper practically fell out of the die I was having trouble with.  The only nuisance is that the shape cut from the bag gets really static-y and wants to cling to everything!

Worth a try . . . ?

Cathy Hansen

From: ml+s1100894n41840h43@.nabble <ml+s1100894n41840h43@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:03 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Help with Die

KlondikeSuzie@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20Die

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com

Try running it through several times with wax paper on top of your card stock then the die then a brand new cutting plate on top and bottom. If the tiny pieces are still sticking to the inside of the die (even after running it through forwards and backwards several times) then add a piece of card stock as a shim underneath the bottom plate directly onto your magnetic platform or whatever you’re using as your “sandwich”. I don’t have problems cutting out framelits however the more intricate dies (thinlits) can’t stick even if you have used them many many times and the amount of wax in the wax paper Is just right to recondition them!  Hope that helps 👍

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

On Apr 17, 2018, at 12:51 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n41839h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks, nola

Sent from my iPhone

Hi!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Stampers:

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41839.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41840.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Mary Costello

When I open a new pkg of DSP I cut the seams off of the 3 sides and cut off the sticky flap on top of the clear packaging. Then I cut it into approximately 4x6 pieces (and toss the piece with the label on it). I then save these pieces to place between my cardstock and the intricate die. It works like the plastic bag technique but is a good way to make use of my many DSP clear packages. Still have to poke some pieces occasionally but nothing ever sticks in the die.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, 5:09 PM SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n41844h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Help+with+Die
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Someone told me recently that some “expert” somewhere said waxed paper (usually my go-to solution for getting card stock to loosen from intricate dies) could eventually dull the thin metal dies.  She suggested using shopping bags (the kind they package your stuff in at grocery stores, dollar stores, etc.) in place of waxed paper between the die and the card stock/paper.  It worked great!  The paper practically fell out of the die I was having trouble with.  The only nuisance is that the shape cut from the bag gets really static-y and wants to cling to everything!

Worth a try . . . ?

Cathy Hansen

KlondikeSuzie@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20Die

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com

Try running it through several times with wax paper on top of your card stock then the die then a brand new cutting plate on top and bottom. If the tiny pieces are still sticking to the inside of the die (even after running it through forwards and backwards several times) then add a piece of card stock as a shim underneath the bottom plate directly onto your magnetic platform or whatever you’re using as your “sandwich”. I don’t have problems cutting out framelits however the more intricate dies (thinlits) can’t stick even if you have used them many many times and the amount of wax in the wax paper Is just right to recondition them!  Hope that helps 👍

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

On Apr 17, 2018, at 12:51 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n41839h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@...?subject=Re: SU!: Help with Die

Thanks, nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2018, at 11:58 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n41837h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2018, at 2:42 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n41836h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi Stampers:

Hoping to get some good advice here. I have used the Adriondack chair die a lot. I always seem to have to take a hatpin to the die after running it through the BS to losen all the tiny dots from the chair.  I have run it through with a dryer sheet and although it helps, it still requires the hatpin.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41840.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41844.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h95@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

It is part of the new platform for the big shot. It is in the catalog on page 209. Look at Big Shot Platform and you will see the bottom platform and the adapter for thin does. You use them both together for more intricate does. It works really well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2018, at 3:51 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n41839h13@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks, nola

Sent from my iPhone

Hi!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Stampers:

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

Reply | Threaded
|

Carol Hodson
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

Haven't tried that solution Cathy!

On April 17, 2018, at 3:09 PM, "SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n41844h98@.nabble> wrote:

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Help with Die
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Worth a try . . . ?

Cathy Hansen

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

Thanks, nola

Sent from my iPhone

Hi!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Stampers:

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Help-with-Die-tp41836p41844.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Help with Die

Brenda Crawshaw
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

I use parchment paper and it works like a CHARM!

From: ml+s1100894n41844h34@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n41844h34@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:09 PM
To: SUDSOL Group

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Help%20with%20Die

Worth a try . . . ?

Cathy Hansen

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

Thanks, nola

Sent from my iPhone

Hi!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Stampers:

Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h44@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avast.com
Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@WithABirdsEyeView.com 508-628-9765