Heat Embossing Issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Heat Embossing Issue

Melissa Jackson
I had a customer email me this problem.  I double-checked that she was using white and not clear.  Any suggestions?

"I have been trying to make one of the clear stamps "white", stamping it first with the versa marker, first, then putting on embossing powder, then using the heat tool,  but must be doing something wrong.  I watched the video you sent me and have been following instructions, but must something is off for sure, because I am not getting the stamp to turn white after putting the powder on and using the heating tool.   I am trying to put the image on rather dark blue card stock and like I said, I am getting blue on blue, rather than "white on blue" like I want.   The good news is, it is still pretty and I can use it the way it is, but would still prefer image to be white.   Any ideas on what I could be doing or not doing....."
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Heat Embossing Issue

marycostello

Wasn't there a problem a while back with some clear powder being mismarked as white? Perhaps she's had it a while and it's actually clear.

Mary Costello

On Jan 20, 2015 6:51 PM, "SUDSOL [Melissa Jackson] via Product Q&As" <ml-node%2Bs1100894n17009h71@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
misyra@gmail.com?subject=Heat+Embossing+Issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: misyra@gmail.com

I had a customer email me this problem.  I double-checked that she was using white and not clear.  Any suggestions?

"I have been trying to make one of the clear stamps "white", stamping it first with the versa marker, first, then putting on embossing powder, then using the heat tool,  but must be doing something wrong.  I watched the video you sent me and have been following instructions, but must something is off for sure, because I am not getting the stamp to turn white after putting the powder on and using the heating tool.   I am trying to put the image on rather dark blue card stock and like I said, I am getting blue on blue, rather than "white on blue" like I want.   The good news is, it is still pretty and I can use it the way it is, but would still prefer image to be white.   Any ideas on what I could be doing or not doing....."

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Melissa Jackson, please change the email address to: misyra@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Heat-Embossing-Issue-tp17009.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Heat Embossing Issue

Coleen Astalos
In reply to this post by Melissa Jackson

Melissa,

Two things:

1) Make sure she didn't get one of those mislabled embossing powders - see this SU! update on Sept 25th: http://www.stampinup.com/us/enu/25150_25842.asp

2) To get a better white on dark cardstock, suggest that she use the White Craft pad instead of Versamark.  This will help to block some of the dark cardstock and when combined with White C/S will give a much nicer white.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n17009h24@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17009h24@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 5:52 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Heat Embossing Issue

misyra@gmail.com?subject=Heat%20Embossing%20Issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: misyra@gmail.com

I had a customer email me this problem.  I double-checked that she was using white and not clear.  Any suggestions?

"I have been trying to make one of the clear stamps "white", stamping it first with the versa marker, first, then putting on embossing powder, then using the heat tool,  but must be doing something wrong.  I watched the video you sent me and have been following instructions, but must something is off for sure, because I am not getting the stamp to turn white after putting the powder on and using the heating tool.   I am trying to put the image on rather dark blue card stock and like I said, I am getting blue on blue, rather than "white on blue" like I want.   The good news is, it is still pretty and I can use it the way it is, but would still prefer image to be white.   Any ideas on what I could be doing or not doing....."

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Melissa Jackson, please change the email address to: misyra@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Heat-Embossing-Issue-tp17009.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h19@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Heat Embossing Issue

nshopis
In reply to this post by Melissa Jackson

Sounds like she is using clear embossing powder and not white. Remember they both look white in their container.

Nicki Shopis
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SU!: Heat Embossing Issue
<ml-node+s1100894n17009h30@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Tue, January 20, 2015 7:51 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <nicki@inkpaperstamp.com>

misyra@gmail.com?subject=Heat Embossing Issue

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h25@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.