Fwd: Forever Fern Update???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Forever Fern Update???

Blythe Klipple

I do NOT want to start another bru-ha-ha but I do want to update you all on the latest, and I guess final, comment from Stampin’ Up! regarding the awful/embarassing grammar used on one of the stamps in the Forever Fern stamp set.  Following is my question to SU! regarding the change (they did say though would correct it), their response via DS and my response to the DS Representative.    And then my final comment.  (I don’t get on my high-horse very often but this issue really gripes me!)

Sent to Stampin’ Up! via DS on July 2nd:
Sent: Thu Jul 02 2020 11:00:50 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) 
To: ds@stampinup.com 
Subject: Forever Fern Update??? 
It’s Blythe Klipple here.  Demo #3789

I was told about a month ago that the FOREVER FERN stamp set would come out with grammatically corrected wording for the “to a friend (that—which should be WHO) makes me smile” stamp.  Is there any projected date for that stamp’s release?  I can’t purchase the set the way it is now with that awful wording and am waiting patiently for the updated version.  

I’d like to know if (big IF) I purchase the set now will a correctly worded stamp be available and issued soon?  If not, so sad, I can’t purchase the set.  Nor can many other demonstrators who can’t work with the embarrassingly wrong grammar.  It’s another case of the English language falling apart with sloppiness and non-caring.  And Stampin’ Up! is way too prestigious of a company to allow this wording to exist and downgrade the care they usually put into their products.

All that said (not for the first time)……….when will the corrected stamp be released?  I really want to purchase it at that time.

Patiently waiting,

~Blythe Klipple, Demo #3789

From DS yesterday, July 6th, 4:04 p.m.:

Hello Blythe,

Thank you for   The grammar in this instance has been found to be correct depending on preference.  Therefore, we are not going to change the Forever Fern stamp set.  We did pass your suggestion along to the appropriate departments for review when you contacted us last.  Please know that we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and voice your concerns. 

Please let us know if you have further  questions or concerns.

Best Regards

Melanie 
Stampin' Up! ®
Inspire. Create. Share.

Order/Incident #18575024
(Please reference this incident number
when replying)

My response yesterday, July 6th, 8:30 p.m.:

Ouch. Preference!?  That’s not it!  It’s correctness. Grammar. And bad grammar. Our language is going south in a hand basket. Soon the person who sells a home will be called a “relator“ just because of lazy usage and lousy teachers.   As you can guess I have very strong feelings about our educational system and language. It’s sad. Thanks for letting me know.   And at least that’s one set less that I’ll be purchasing. I do purchase more than my fair share. 🤪. 

My final comment is .... so sad for Stampin’ Up! and their image. Not good. Sloppy. Careless. 

But again I appreciate you letting me know personally. 😥

-Blythe  

I’m quite disgusted with Stampin’ Up's response and decision and sadly I’m going to miss out, by my own choice, on sharing a lovely bundle with my customers and friends.  My conscience just won’t let me use it.  If you have any comments, please just make them to me.  I know I’m not the Lone Ranger out here but I also don’t want to start another big discussion.  Obviously I’m an old fart (76) who had great English/grammar teachers while in school and I’m really saddened to see the denigration of our language by entities that just don’t care.  I care.  I’m sad.  And yes, I’ll continue on my silent crusade.  (people WHO, inanimate things THAT)   Simple.  All done.  (Demo since 1996.)

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple,Boise ID

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (my biz)
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Fwd: Forever Fern Update???

Becky Cummins

Thanks, Blythe, for passing this information along.  I, too, have been waiting and wondering about the corrected version of this set.  It is a lovely set, but I guess I will have to rethink buying it.

Becky in Battle Creek

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml+s1100894n54375h43@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Tue, Jul 7, 2020 9:44 am
Subject: SU!: Fwd: Forever Fern Update???

blythek@mac.com?subject=Fwd: Forever Fern Update???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

I do NOT want to start another bru-ha-ha but I do want to update you all on the latest, and I guess final, comment from Stampin’ Up! regarding the awful/embarassing grammar used on one of the stamps in the Forever Fern stamp set.  Following is my question to SU! regarding the change (they did say though would correct it), their response via DS and my response to the DS Representative.    And then my final comment.  (I don’t get on my high-horse very often but this issue really gripes me!)

To: ds@  

I was told about a month ago that the FOREVER FERN stamp set would come out with grammatically corrected wording for the “to a friend (that—which should be WHO) makes me smile” stamp.  Is there any projected date for that stamp’s release?  I can’t purchase the set the way it is now with that awful wording and am waiting patiently for the updated version.  

I’d like to know if (big IF) I purchase the set now will a correctly worded stamp be available and issued soon?  If not, so sad, I can’t purchase the set.  Nor can many other demonstrators who can’t work with the embarrassingly wrong grammar.  It’s another case of the English language falling apart with sloppiness and non-caring.  And Stampin’ Up! is way too prestigious of a company to allow this wording to exist and downgrade the care they usually put into their products.

All that said (not for the first time)……….when will the corrected stamp be released?  I really want to purchase it at that time.

Patiently waiting,

Hello Blythe,

Thank you for   The grammar in this instance has been found to be correct depending on preference.  Therefore, we are not going to change the Forever Fern stamp set.  We did pass your suggestion along to the appropriate departments for review when you contacted us last.  Please know that we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and voice your concerns. 

Best Regards

Melanie 
Stampin' Up! ®
Inspire. Create. Share.

Order/Incident #18575024
when replying)

Ouch. Preference!?  That’s not it!  It’s correctness. Grammar. And bad grammar. Our language is going south in a hand basket. Soon the person who sells a home will be called a “relator“ just because of lazy usage and lousy teachers.   As you can guess I have very strong feelings about our educational system and language. It’s sad. Thanks for letting me know.   And at least that’s one set less that I’ll be purchasing. I do purchase more than my fair share. 🤪. 

My final comment is .... so sad for Stampin’ Up! and their image. Not good. Sloppy. Careless. 

-Blythe  
Sent from my iPhone

I’m quite disgusted with Stampin’ Up's response and decision and sadly I’m going to miss out, by my own choice, on sharing a lovely bundle with my customers and friends.  My conscience just won’t let me use it.  If you have any comments, please just make them to me.  I know I’m not the Lone Ranger out here but I also don’t want to start another big discussion.  Obviously I’m an old fart (76) who had great English/grammar teachers while in school and I’m really saddened to see the denigration of our language by entities that just don’t care.  I care.  I’m sad.  And yes, I’ll continue on my silent crusade.  (people WHO, inanimate things THAT)   Simple.  All done.  (Demo since 1996.)

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple,Boise ID

blythek@ (Sudsol) blythe@ (my biz)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Fwd-Forever-Fern-Update-tp54375.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml+s1100894n1663h71@.nabble
To unsubscribe from What's new at SU!, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

Hi Blythe!  I, too, have been wondering about the stamp and so glad I didn’t
Order it!  I would have been very distressed to find they were not sending a
Correction!  Wish we could contact Shelly directly!  I had planned to purchase 
The suite, but will not now.  Hmmm maybe a nice dinner out instead!  I’d be
Willing to bet the right persons did not know about this error!

I’ve Been a Demo since 1999 and so many parts of this company seem to be 
going Downhill (sorry to say).  Customers have made so many comments about
the Black and white packaging.  They feel it looks cheap.  Well, I don’t especially 
like It, but have seen several changes over the years.  After hearing that from
Several I looked again and maybe after the flowery green we had previously
It does seem cheap.  BUT, remind them Stampin’ Up tries to keep costs down. 
failing to correct the error on the stamp set is NOT the way to keep costs down!

Hey, maybe we should start a Protest - Demos against poor Grammar!  Hey, 
That’s a joke!  Thanks for sharing the response. Have a great day!
Sent from my iPad

On Jul 7, 2020, at 10:09 AM, SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via What's new at SU! <ml+s1100894n54376h2@.nabble> wrote:

Firstgr22@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Fwd: Forever Fern Update???
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@

Thanks, Blythe, for passing this information along.  I, too, have been waiting and wondering about the corrected version of this set.  It is a lovely set, but I guess I will have to rethink buying it.

Becky in Battle Creek

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml+s1100894n54375h43@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Tue, Jul 7, 2020 9:44 am
Subject: SU!: Fwd: Forever Fern Update???

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

To: ds@  

Patiently waiting,

Hello Blythe,

Best Regards

Melanie 
Stampin' Up! ®
Inspire. Create. Share.

Order/Incident #18575024
when replying)

-Blythe  
Sent from my iPhone

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple,Boise ID

blythek@ (Sudsol) blythe@ (my biz)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Fwd-Forever-Fern-Update-tp54375.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml+s1100894n1663h71@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky Cummins, please change the email address to: Firstgr22@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Fwd-Forever-Fern-Update-tp54375p54376.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml+s1100894n1663h99@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

Really, I’m fine with it just the way it is.
It’s my favorite bundle.
There are really far worse things going on right now then one wrong word on a stamp.
My goodness.
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 7, 2020, at 6:44 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml+s1100894n54375h1@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

Patiently waiting,

Hello Blythe,

Best Regards

Melanie 
Stampin' Up! ®
Inspire. Create. Share.

Order/Incident #18575024
when replying)

-Blythe  

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml+s1100894n1663h29@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

I also prefer “who” and was hoping for a correction, or at least an alternate stamp which would allow one to choose.

I suspect they researched it and found articles similar to this one:

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Jul 7, 2020, at 11:44 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml+s1100894n54375h57@.nabble> wrote:

Patiently waiting,

Hello Blythe,

Best Regards

Melanie 
Stampin' Up! ®
Inspire. Create. Share.

Order/Incident #18575024
when replying)

-Blythe  

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple,Boise ID

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (my biz)

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml+s1100894n1663h85@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.