Funny looking A in emails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Funny looking A in emails

Diane Harman

Is anyone else getting funny looking capital A's with a symbol above it randomly throughout the sudsol emails?

This started with the new system, and it is not every email, so I am thinking it is either all emails generated from the site, or all emails generated from users.  I thought it would go away after awhile, but it is now getting annoying.

anyone else?  I use I am using windows mail on vista.

Diane Harman
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Funny looking A in emails

Coleen Astalos
Diane Harman wrote
Is anyone else getting funny looking capital A's with a symbol above it randomly throughout the sudsol emails?
I think this has to do with a particular sender and a funny code in the HTML. If I can find one of the posts online and it looks that way,  I can point support to it and ask for their help.
Thanks,
Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman

thank you
Diane Harman
----- Original Message -----
To: stampindiane@twc.com
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:53 AM
Subject: SU!: Funny looking A in emails

Diane Harman wrote
I think this has to do with a particular sender and a funny code in the HTML. If I can find one of the posts online and it looks that way,  I can point support to it and ask for their help.
Thanks,
Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Funny-looking-A-in-emails-tp3692p3693.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h15@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Funny looking A in emails

Ellen
In reply to this post by Diane Harman

It can also depend on the computer, PC or Mac.  I work on a Mac at work and those people I work with in other locations us PCs. I send out weird signs sometimes and have to remember to correct them for certain people. Of course, that machine is old and has old programs that do not convert well.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Dakota

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Diane Harman [via SUDSOL Info & Help] <ml-node+s1100894n3695h76@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
thank you
Diane Harman
----- Original Message -----
To: stampindiane@twc.com
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:53 AM
Subject: SU!: Funny looking A in emails

Diane Harman wrote
Thanks,
Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h15@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Funny-looking-A-in-emails-tp3692p3695.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2311h72@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL Info & Help, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I'm also getting some that have lots and lots of HTML instead of images!  ;(

Happy Stampin'~

On Dec 23, 2013, at 1:53 AM, "Coleen Astalos [via SUDSOL Info & Help]" <ml-node+s1100894n3693h15@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Diane Harman wrote
Thanks,
Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h73@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
This is typically because the member just tried to copy/paste the image into the body of the email and her email program doesn't support that.  We've updated the article here: http://www.sudsol.org/members/index.php?action=article&id=6238 
that gives instructions on how to insert images inline in the emails for various email programs.  I'm also checking with support to see if these mistakes can be "removed" before emailing...
Coleen

Maria Pobre wrote
I'm also getting some that have lots and lots of HTML instead of images!  ;(

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
I'm working on this problem.  If you're seeing the funny A hat symbols (Â) in your SUDSOL emails and you are NOT using Outlook to view the email.  Please respond to me privately at coleen@sudsol.com with what email program you are using to view your SUDSOL emails.

We are already aware that these symbols are showing up in emails that come from users that use Gmail to distribute their emails.  We are also already aware that people who view these emails in Outlook seem to be the ones who see them.   What we need to know is if there are OTHER mail systems besides Outlook that are also seeing them.

To keep my research to only the info I need, please don't respond if you use Outlook to view your emails.

Thanks,
Coleen

Diane Harman wrote

This started with the new system, and it is not every email, so I am thinking it is either all emails generated from the site, or all emails generated from users.  I thought it would go away after awhile, but it is now getting annoying.

anyone else?  I use I am using windows mail on vista.

Diane Harman
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Funny looking A in emails

Kris McIntosh

Hi Colleen,  I use Windows Live Mail and I am getting some of these funny symbols in some emails, not all. 

Kris
Kristine McIntosh
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Brisbane, Australia
Blog: www.stampingwithkris.com
Web: www.krismcintosh.stampinup.net
Challenges: www.sunnychallenges.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stamping-With-Kris/187579114586591

Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 1:49 AM
To: krismac8@bigpond.com
Subject: SU!: Re: Funny looking A in emails

I'm working on this problem.  If you're seeing the funny A hat symbols (Â) in your SUDSOL emails and you are NOT using Outlook to view the email.  Please respond to me privately at coleen@ with what email program you are using to view your SUDSOL emails.

We are already aware that these symbols are showing up in emails that come from users that use Gmail to distribute their emails.  We are also already aware that people who view these emails in Outlook seem to be the ones who see them.   What we need to know is if there are OTHER mail systems besides Outlook that are also seeing them.

To keep my research to only the info I need, please don't respond if you use Outlook to view your emails.

Thanks,
Coleen

Diane Harman wrote

This started with the new system, and it is not every email, so I am thinking it is either all emails generated from the site, or all emails generated from users.  I thought it would go away after awhile, but it is now getting annoying.

Diane Harman
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

http://forum.sudsol.org/Funny-looking-A-in-emails-tp3692p4758.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h64@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Funny looking A in emails

SUDSOL Leadership Board
Administrator
Thanks.  Windows Live Mail is the same as Outlook.com, so I've got it already listed.

Coleen

slb5
SUDSOL Leadership Board
slb@sudsol.org

SUDSOL Leadership Board

slb@sudsol.org
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos

I use Safari, Yahoo Mail and... most of the time... my iPad.  I get the "A"and "J" instead of smile and frown faces... and occasionally get HTML instead of images.

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 17, 2014, at 1:49 AM, "Coleen Astalos [via SUDSOL Info & Help]" <ml-node+s1100894n4758h30@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

I'm working on this problem.  If you're seeing the funny A hat symbols (Â) in your SUDSOL emails and you are NOT using Outlook to view the email.  Please respond to me privately at coleen@sudsol.com with what email program you are using to view your SUDSOL emails.

We are already aware that these symbols are showing up in emails that come from users that use Gmail to distribute their emails.  We are also already aware that people who view these emails in Outlook seem to be the ones who see them.   What we need to know is if there are OTHER mail systems besides Outlook that are also seeing them.

Thanks,
Coleen

Diane Harman wrote

This started with the new system, and it is not every email, so I am thinking it is either all emails generated from the site, or all emails generated from users.  I thought it would go away after awhile, but it is now getting annoying.

Diane Harman
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

http://forum.sudsol.org/Funny-looking-A-in-emails-tp3692p4758.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h73@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
I've fixed this problem!  There should be no more funny A-hat symbols in the emails.
Yippee!
Coleen

Diane Harman wrote

Diane Harman
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Funny looking A in emails

Gail Beezley

Yeah!!!  Good job!

Signature

Gail Beezley, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

San Antonio, Texas

Email: gail@stampingwithgail.com

Blog: www.stampingwithgail.com

Facebook: facebook.com/StampingWithGail

YouTube: youtube.com/stampingwithgail

Twitter: twitter.com/stampwithgail

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/stampinggail/

From: SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via SUDSOL Info & Help [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n5136h26@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:31 PM
To: SUDSOL Group

I've fixed this problem!  There should be no more funny A-hat symbols in the emails.
Yippee!
Coleen

Diane Harman wrote

Diane Harman

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

http://forum.sudsol.org/Funny-looking-A-in-emails-tp3692p5136.html

To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h51@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL Info & Help, click here.

Gail Beezley Currently in San Antonio, Texas Website: www.RVCrafting.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/rvcrafting Twitter: www.twitter.com/rvcrafting YouTube: www.youtube.com/rvcrafting
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Coleen... I noticed I wasn't getting them anymore!  Thanks again for all that you and Patti do to keep things running smoothly!

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 24, 2014, at 11:30 AM, "SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via SUDSOL Info & Help" <ml-node+s1100894n5136h48@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Yippee!
Coleen

Diane Harman wrote

Diane Harman
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Denise Foor

Thanks so  much.  Great work by both of you.  Love the new “To” line!!!

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin' Up! Manager
Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops
Shop SU online 24/7

Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:30 PM
To: dfoor@embarqmail.com

I've fixed this problem!  There should be no more funny A-hat symbols in the emails.
Yippee!
Coleen

Diane Harman wrote

Diane Harman
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h62@.nabble
Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!