Flip this Card--a different one

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Flip this Card--a different one

Blythe Klipple

I’m prepping cards for a Friday Christmas Card ‘class’/Stamp-a-Stack.  Two down, third sort of almost ready to go.  I saw a lovely card in the Sudsol Gallery but it uses what I’m guessing is retired DSP—sheet music.  So I went to the Typeset Specialty DSP.  Is this newsprint too much?  I guess by asking I’m sort of sure of the answer!  Next version will have a lightly stamped background I think.  I love the stamp set and the promise of the card.  Thank you Priscilla Williams for the idea.

I will be cutting the final papers in the morning since I won’t be home Wed or Thurs.  Life.

Thank you again.  This is a fun program opportunity.  Try it, you’ll like it!

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (biz)

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Flip this Card--a different one

Ellen

Blythe,
I love it. Christmas cards are kind of suppose to be over the top.

I LIKE ALOT

Ellen

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 8:23 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n14309h10@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Flip+this+Card--a+different+one
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

I’m prepping cards for a Friday Christmas Card ‘class’/Stamp-a-Stack.  Two down, third sort of almost ready to go.  I saw a lovely card in the Sudsol Gallery but it uses what I’m guessing is retired DSP—sheet music.  So I went to the Typeset Specialty DSP.  Is this newsprint too much?  I guess by asking I’m sort of sure of the answer!  Next version will have a lightly stamped background I think.  I love the stamp set and the promise of the card.  Thank you Priscilla Williams for the idea.

I will be cutting the final papers in the morning since I won’t be home Wed or Thurs.  Life.

Thank you again.  This is a fun program opportunity.  Try it, you’ll like it!

~Blythe

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Flip-this-Card-a-different-one-tp14309.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h24@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Deborah Smart
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

Blythe, I think this card is stunning just the way it is! 
No need to 'flip this cars' in my opinion :)
Deborah Smart

On Oct 20, 2014, at 6:23 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n14309h52@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Flip this Card--a different one
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

I’m prepping cards for a Friday Christmas Card ‘class’/Stamp-a-Stack.  Two down, third sort of almost ready to go.  I saw a lovely card in the Sudsol Gallery but it uses what I’m guessing is retired DSP—sheet music.  So I went to the Typeset Specialty DSP.  Is this newsprint too much?  I guess by asking I’m sort of sure of the answer!  Next version will have a lightly stamped background I think.  I love the stamp set and the promise of the card.  Thank you Priscilla Williams for the idea.

I will be cutting the final papers in the morning since I won’t be home Wed or Thurs.  Life.

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Flip-this-Card-a-different-one-tp14309.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Flip this Card--a different one

joyce pacer

The card is beautiful but I would sponge around the edges of the newsprint to give it a more aged look. Joyce

From: "SUDSOL [Deborah Smart] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n14311h55@.nabble>
To: joycepacer@
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 9:49:10 PM
Subject: SU!: Re: Flip this Card--a different one

debsmart@shaw.ca?subject=Re: SU!: Flip this Card--a different one
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debsmart@

Blythe, I think this card is stunning just the way it is! 
No need to 'flip this cars' in my opinion :)
Deborah Smart

On Oct 20, 2014, at 6:23 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n14309h52@.nabble> wrote:

blythek@?subject=Flip this Card--a different one
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah Smart, please change the email address to: debsmart@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Flip-this-Card-a-different-one-tp14309p14311.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h7@.nabble

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Flip this Card--a different one

Cherie Hunt

IF you have the Dictionary background stamp, you could always do a
"stamp off" with it which would make the words a little less prominent.
That would be my only suggestion.  I really like the card with the Pines
being stamped on the words.
Cherie Hunt, OH
----- Original Message -----
To: huntabc@ctcn.net
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 9:23 PM
Subject: SU!: Flip this Card--a different one

blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Flip this Card--a different one

Blythe Klipple

I’ll check for that b.g. stamp or an older (retired) one that I might have.  That would be a good idea.  Many thanks!

~Blythe

On Oct 20, 2014, at 7:22 PM, SUDSOL [Cherie Hunt] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n14313h70@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

huntabc@ctcn.net?subject=Re:%20Flip%20this%20Card--a%20different%20one
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: huntabc@ctcn.net

IF you have the Dictionary background stamp, you could always do a
"stamp off" with it which would make the words a little less prominent.
That would be my only suggestion.  I really like the card with the Pines
being stamped on the words.
Cherie Hunt, OH
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 9:23 PM

blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h76@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cherie Hunt, please change the email address to: huntabc@ctcn.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Flip-this-Card-a-different-one-tp14309p14313.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Flip this Card--a different one

Coleen Astalos

I agree with all, I think it's fine with the newsprint DSP - sponging the edges will make it appear a bit older.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n14309h24@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n14309h24@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 7:24 PM
To: SUDSOL Group

blythek@mac.com?subject=Flip%20this%20Card--a%20different%20one

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@n5.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Flip this Card--a different one

Marti Crapo

I love the card – the ideas to sponge the edges sound great but I link it is lovely either way!

Marti Crapo

From: ml-node+s1100894n14309h71@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n14309h71@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 7:24 PM

blythek@mac.com?subject=Flip%20this%20Card--a%20different%20one

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com

Marti Crapo
Reply | Threaded
|

Debbie Dutchess

Blythe ~
I saw this one too, and hoped I had just missed the music note paper somewhere in the catalog!
Unfortunately, no music note paper, so I used the same newsprint. I love it!
I'm using this one at my Christmas Card Buffet. (minus the button, just a bow)

Debbie Dutchess
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
www.debbied.stampinup.net
www.debbiedsstampstudio.com
DeeLeeD@
317-372-5159

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n14309h18@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Mon, Oct 20, 2014 9:23 pm

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h32@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Priscilla Williams

This is a CASE of the card I shared a few weeks ago.  The background was REAL music that had been retired from a church choir.  In that case, after much trial and error, the greeting looked much more elegant stamped right on the music.  I thought a layer for the words was distracting.  The other embellishment I used was made from the burlap ribbon.  I cut one hemmed edge off, fringed the remainder, cut into approximately 1" long segments, and placed it behind the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding.

Hope this helps you.  Good luck.

PJ

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 20, 2014, at 8:23 PM, "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n14309h88@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h2@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Flip this Card--a different one

nshopis

Love the card as is. This is my fav stamp set.

Nicki Shopis
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

-------- Original Message --------
<ml-node+s1100894n14309h30@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Mon, October 20, 2014 9:23 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <nicki@inkpaperstamp.com>

I’m prepping cards for a Friday Christmas Card ‘class’/Stamp-a-Stack.  Two down, third sort of almost ready to go.  I saw a lovely card love the card as is. My fav stampin the Sudsol Gallery but it uses what I’m guessing is retired DSP—sheet music.  So I went to the Typeset Specialty DSP.  Is this newsprint too much?  I guess by asking I’m sort of sure of the answer!  Next version will have a lightly stamped background I think.  I love the stamp set and the promise of the card.  Thank you Priscilla Williams for the idea.

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h44@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

nshopis

Nicki Shopis

I’m prepping cards for a Friday Christmas Card ‘class’/Stamp-a-Stack.  Two down, third sort of almost ready to go.  I saw a lovely card love the card as is. My fav stampin the Sudsol Gallery but it uses what I’m guessing is retired DSP—sheet music.  So I went to the Typeset Specialty DSP.  Is this newsprint too much?  I guess by asking I’m sort of sure of the answer!  Next version will have a lightly stamped background I think.  I love the stamp set and the promise of the card.  Thank you Priscilla Williams for the idea.

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h44@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

nshopis

Nicki Shopis

~Blythe

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Flip this Card--a different one

Cathy Fluellen
If you would still like the musical note paper you can download it from MDS. It's item # 129881 and it's called Newsprint. Beautiful card.
Cathy

Blythe Klipple wrote

~Blythe

blythek@ (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

sudsol-help.jpg (604K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/14309/0/sudsol-help.jpg>
Blythe Klipple wrote

~Blythe

blythek@ (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

sudsol-help.jpg (604K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/14309/0/sudsol-help.jpg>
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Flip this Card--a different one

Phyllis Strickland

I agree it is beautiful!  Exactly what I was going to recommend because that is exactly what I would do!  Thanks for looking this up – I wanted to do that but didn’t have time!

Typeset looks good but the words don’t really fit, but I guess that is a matter of opinion.  Us stampers would understand but recipients might not get it.

Phyllis Strickland

If you would still like the musical note paper you can download it from MDS. It's item # 129881 and it's called Newsprint. Beautiful card.
Cathy

Blythe Klipple wrote

Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Re: Flip this Card--a different one

Ruthie Burkey

I agree this is stunning.  Wonder how you would like it if you stamped the pinecones separately, cut them out and popped them up?

Ruthie Burkey, Ft. Worth, Texas
ruthieb76137@
www.stampinwithruthieb.blogspot.com
www.stampinwithruthieb.stampinup.net

Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:44 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n14331h30@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE: Re: Flip this Card--a different one
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

I agree it is beautiful! Exactly what I was going to recommend because that is exactly what I would do! Thanks for looking this up – I wanted to do that but didn’t have time!

Typeset looks good but the words don’t really fit, but I guess that is a matter of opinion. Us stampers would understand but recipients might not get it.

Phyllis Strickland

Cathy
Blythe Klipple wrote

Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Flip-this-Card-a-different-one-tp14309p14331.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Flip this Card--a different one

Karel Standish
In reply to this post by Debbie Dutchess

I use pages from old hymnals and sheet music my church that was getting rid of, works great.  You might also find some in thrift stores.

Hope this helps,

Karel

From: ml-node+s1100894n14324h44@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n14324h44@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:48 AM
Subject: SU!: Re: Flip this Card--a different one

DeeLeeD@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Flip%20this%20Card--a%20different%20one

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: DeeLeeD@aol.com

Blythe ~

I saw this one too, and hoped I had just missed the music note paper somewhere in the catalog!

Unfortunately, no music note paper, so I used the same newsprint. I love it!

I'm using this one at my Christmas Card Buffet. (minus the button, just a bow)

Debbie Dutchess

Sr. Supervisor

Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator

DeeLeeD@

317-372-5159

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n14309h18@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Mon, Oct 20, 2014 9:23 pm

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h32@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to debbie dutchess, please change the email address to: DeeLeeD@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Flip-this-Card-a-different-one-tp14309p14324.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h93@n5.nabble.com