Experience with new dies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Experience with new dies

Kathy Slamar
For those of you who went to OnStage (or local events), have you received any of the new dies and can you tell us how they work in the current Big Shot?

Did you find they needed a shim to work?

I thought I had read that the new framelits would cut closer to the edge of the stamps and not leave a white space, but card samples I have seen, look like there is a white edge.  Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback.  I have a club in early May and I know I will get a lot of questions, since my club members have been customers for a long time.  I won't have my preorder by my club, so I am thankful for any feedback.

Kathy Slamar

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Experience with new dies

Jeanne Moss

I haven’t got my PPP yet.  It should be arriving tomorrow.  So, I can’t answer the question of whether a shim is needed for the dies.

But, my understanding is that the die cuts will still have a white edge.  What is different about the dies is that the “blade” is set back a bit from the edge, instead of being on the inside edge of the die.  So, when you line up the image with the die, you won’t see the white edge, but since the blade is set back a bit, you will still get the white edge when you cut.  I hope this makes sense!

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 22, 2019, at 10:28 AM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47731h2@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Experience with new dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

For those of you who went to OnStage (or local events), have you received any of the new dies and can you tell us how they work in the current Big Shot?

I thought I had read that the new framelits would cut closer to the edge of the stamps and not leave a white space, but card samples I have seen, look like there is a white edge.  Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback.  I have a club in early May and I know I will get a lot of questions, since my club members have been customers for a long time.  I won't have my preorder by my club, so I am thankful for any feedback.

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Experience-with-new-dies-tp47731.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

Thanks, Jeanne!
Kathy

On Apr 22, 2019, at 10:47 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47732h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Experience%20with%20new%20dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

I haven’t got my PPP yet.  It should be arriving tomorrow.  So, I can’t answer the question of whether a shim is needed for the dies.

But, my understanding is that the die cuts will still have a white edge.  What is different about the dies is that the “blade” is set back a bit from the edge, instead of being on the inside edge of the die.  So, when you line up the image with the die, you won’t see the white edge, but since the blade is set back a bit, you will still get the white edge when you cut.  I hope this makes sense!

On Apr 22, 2019, at 10:28 AM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47731h2@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Experience with new dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Experience-with-new-dies-tp47731.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Experience-with-new-dies-tp47731p47732.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Experience with new dies, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

As far as them being used in our Big Shots, I got the labels that are bundled with the bird set. They work perfectly in my Big Shot without any extra shims.

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 8:47 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47732h70@.nabble> wrote:
>
> Moss

Reply | Threaded
|

Janette Clark
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

Hello Kathy
I purchased the "Bloom & Grow" Bundle from Auckland OnStage for my PPP and found it does not need a shim at all.  My sandwich was the Magnetic Platform, Standard cutting plate, card and framelit,  Standard cutting Plate on top.  Worked a treat and, yes, it still has a small white border.  The framelit's cutting edge is just a little further in from the outer edge.  I will put up some pics on my Blog - Stamping Daze With Janette - and you can see :) 
Cheers
Janette

Janette Clark
Independent Stampin' Up!  ® Demonstrator 

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 12:28 AM SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n47731h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
kathy@slamar.com?subject=Experience+with+new+dies

I thought I had read that the new framelits would cut closer to the edge of the stamps and not leave a white space, but card samples I have seen, look like there is a white edge.  Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback.  I have a club in early May and I know I will get a lot of questions, since my club members have been customers for a long time.  I won't have my preorder by my club, so I am thankful for any feedback.

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h81@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Good to know! Thanks!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Apr 23, 2019, at 12:23 PM, SUDSOL [Janette Clark] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47744h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

granette56@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Experience with new dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: granette56@gmail.com

Hello Kathy
I purchased the "Bloom & Grow" Bundle from Auckland OnStage for my PPP and found it does not need a shim at all. My sandwich was the Magnetic Platform, Standard cutting plate, card and framelit, Standard cutting Plate on top. Worked a treat and, yes, it still has a small white border. The framelit's cutting edge is just a little further in from the outer edge. I will put up some pics on my Blog - Stamping Daze With Janette - and you can see :)
Cheers
Janette

Janette Clark
Independent Stampin' Up! ® Demonstrator

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 12:28 AM SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n47731h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I thought I had read that the new framelits would cut closer to the edge of the stamps and not leave a white space, but card samples I have seen, look like there is a white edge. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback. I have a club in early May and I know I will get a lot of questions, since my club members have been customers for a long time. I won't have my preorder by my club, so I am thankful for any feedback.

Kathy Slamar

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h81@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Janette Clark, please change the email address to: granette56@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Experience-with-new-dies-tp47731p47744.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

Thanks to all who responded to my questions on the dies.  this group is so helpful!

Kathy

On Apr 22, 2019, at 9:39 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47745h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Experience%20with%20new%20dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

Good to know! Thanks!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Apr 23, 2019, at 12:23 PM, SUDSOL [Janette Clark] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47744h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

granette56@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Experience with new dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: granette56@gmail.com

Hello Kathy
I purchased the "Bloom & Grow" Bundle from Auckland OnStage for my PPP and found it does not need a shim at all. My sandwich was the Magnetic Platform, Standard cutting plate, card and framelit, Standard cutting Plate on top. Worked a treat and, yes, it still has a small white border. The framelit's cutting edge is just a little further in from the outer edge. I will put up some pics on my Blog - Stamping Daze With Janette - and you can see :)
Cheers
Janette

Janette Clark
Independent Stampin' Up! ® Demonstrator

I thought I had read that the new framelits would cut closer to the edge of the stamps and not leave a white space, but card samples I have seen, look like there is a white edge. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback. I have a club in early May and I know I will get a lot of questions, since my club members have been customers for a long time. I won't have my preorder by my club, so I am thankful for any feedback.

Kathy Slamar

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Janette Clark, please change the email address to: granette56@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Experience-with-new-dies-tp47731p47744.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Experience-with-new-dies-tp47731p47745.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Experience with new dies, click here.