classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Embossing Folders and plates

Lois Folla

Hello Ladies,

Has anyone written up something to explain the Embossing folders and 3D Embossing folders as to the Sizzix EF and the SU EF, the new ones use the blue plate, but the old ones in the new catalog, if purchased in last years book can’t use the blue plate. UGH it’s so confusing to my customers.

If no one has written one up, I’ll will. I will share it here. I’m sure it won’t make as much sense as if someone else wrote it, so maybe if someone sees what I shared here, you can make it sound better? LOL

Thank you!

Lois

Lois Folla Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Email: lois@

Call/Text: 732-598-5026

Creative Blog: www.LoisFolla.com

Shop 24/7 Online at my Store: www.loisfolla.stampinup.net

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Embossing Folders and plates

Sue Dillon

Lois,
I place a blue star on the new EF signifying the ones that need the blue plate.  I saw this great hint on someone's blog.😊
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51649h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lois@stampinpress.com?subject=Embossing+Folders+and+plates
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hello Ladies,

Has anyone written up something to explain the Embossing folders and 3D Embossing folders as to the Sizzix EF and the SU EF, the new ones use the blue plate, but the old ones in the new catalog, if purchased in last years book can’t use the blue plate. UGH it’s so confusing to my customers.

If no one has written one up, I’ll will. I will share it here. I’m sure it won’t make as much sense as if someone else wrote it, so maybe if someone sees what I shared here, you can make it sound better? LOL

Thank you!

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

shelly peck

If it says Sizzix then it doe not need blue plate. If it says Stampin'Up! only then use Blue.

Shelly Peck
Independent Stampin'Up! Demonstrator
(909) 520-7244
email: juststampit4fun@gmail.com

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:41 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51651h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Embossing+Folders+and+plates
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

Lois,
I place a blue star on the new EF signifying the ones that need the blue plate. I saw this great hint on someone's blog.😊
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n51649h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lois@...?subject=Embossing+Folders+and+plates
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51651.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Pamela Parker

Thanks Shelly for the simplicity of your explanation 👍

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2020, at 7:59 PM, SUDSOL [shelly peck] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51655h92@.nabble> wrote:

juststampit4fun@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Embossing Folders and plates
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: juststampit4fun@

If it says Sizzix then it doe not need blue plate. If it says Stampin'Up! only then use Blue.

Shelly Peck
(909) 520-7244
email: juststampit4fun@gmail.com

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:41 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51651h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Embossing+Folders+and+plates
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

Lois,
I place a blue star on the new EF signifying the ones that need the blue plate. I saw this great hint on someone's blog.😊
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n51649h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51651.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to shelly peck, please change the email address to: juststampit4fun@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51655.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen
In reply to this post by Sue Dillon

That’s an excellent idea, Sue!  As a matter of fact, I’m heading to my craft room to do that right now before I forget!

Cathy Hansen

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 12, 2020, at 5:41 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51651h84@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Embossing Folders and plates

Lois,
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51649h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Mary Costello
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

Embossing Folder Sandwiches.docx (19K) Download Attachment

I wrote this up for my customers to easily look up the correct sandwich for the various thicknesses of embossing folders. Feel free to share with your customers.
Mary Costello

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 6:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51649h40@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

PLEASE write it up! I have no clue what to use when & I feel like an idiot. I will be glad to proof read, and follow step-by-step instructions.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 12, 2020 at 6:32 PM "SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51649h18@.nabble> wrote:

lois@stampinpress.com?subject=Embossing Folders and plates
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by shelly peck

Well, THAT's easy!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 12, 2020 at 7:59 PM "SUDSOL [shelly peck] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51655h4@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: juststampit4fun@

Shelly Peck
(909) 520-7244
email: juststampit4fun@

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:41 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n51651h26@.nabble > wrote:
suedsnooze@?subject=Re:+SU!:+Embossing+Folders+and+plates
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@

Lois,
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk < ml%252Bs1100894n51649h76@.nabble > wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h50@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to shelly peck, please change the email address to: juststampit4fun@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51655.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Jan Farring

Embossing Folder Sandwiches.docx (18K) Download Attachment

Hi Lois

I pickup up this handout from someone.  I've handed it out to everyone just for their information. 

Jan

On 2/12/2020 4:32 PM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h54@n7.nabble.com

-- 
Jan Farring
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net 
541-390-3390
Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Embossing Folders and plates

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by grantj

That’s only partially correct. The older dynamic embossing folders have BOTH the words “Sizzix” and “Stampin’ Up!” on them. So the key is just the word, “Sizzix.” If the word “Sizzix” is on the thick embossing folder, then just use one standard plate. Otherwise, use the blue plate for the thick folders.

Robin

From: ml+s1100894n51662h91@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51662h91@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:47 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Embossing Folders and plates

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Embossing%20Folders%20and%20plates

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Well, THAT's easy!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 12, 2020 at 7:59 PM "SUDSOL [shelly peck] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51655h4@.nabble> wrote:

Shelly Peck

(909) 520-7244

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:41 PM SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n51651h26@.nabble > wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@

Lois,

Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk < ml%252Bs1100894n51649h76@.nabble > wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51662.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla

Thank you, that is the short of it, Robin!  Thank you ladies!!!

Lois

From: ml+s1100894n51671h17@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51671h17@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:49 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Embossing%20Folders%20and%20plates

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

That’s only partially correct. The older dynamic embossing folders have BOTH the words “Sizzix” and “Stampin’ Up!” on them. So the key is just the word, “Sizzix.” If the word “Sizzix” is on the thick embossing folder, then just use one standard plate. Otherwise, use the blue plate for the thick folders.

Robin

From: ml+s1100894n51662h91@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51662h91@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:47 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Embossing%20Folders%20and%20plates

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Well, THAT's easy!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

Shelly Peck

(909) 520-7244

Lois,

Sue

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51662.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51671.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Jan Farring

Thank you Jan!!

From: ml+s1100894n51670h86@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51670h86@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:21 PM

janinpb@cbbmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Embossing%20Folders%20and%20plates

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janinpb@cbbmail.com

Embossing Folder Sandwiches.docx (18K) Download Attachment

Hi Lois

I pickup up this handout from someone. I've handed it out to everyone just for their information.

Jan

On 2/12/2020 4:32 PM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h54@n7.nabble.com

-- 
Jan Farring
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net 
541-390-3390

Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jan Farring, please change the email address to: janinpb@cbbmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51670.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Mary Costello

Thank you Mary!!!

From: ml+s1100894n51659h45@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51659h45@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:33 PM

maryscostello@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Embossing%20Folders%20and%20plates

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: maryscostello@gmail.com

Embossing Folder Sandwiches.docx (19K) Download Attachment

I wrote this up for my customers to easily look up the correct sandwich for the various thicknesses of embossing folders. Feel free to share with your customers.

Mary Costello

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 6:32 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51649h40@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Mary Costello, please change the email address to: maryscostello@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Embossing-Folders-and-plates-tp51649p51659.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Sue Dillon

Thank you ladies! You all have helped a lot!

Lois

From: ml+s1100894n51651h97@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51651h97@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:41 PM

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Embossing%20Folders%20and%20plates

Lois,

Sue

Hello Ladies,

Thank you!

Lois