4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Emails & Preview Text

Patti Scanlan
Administrator
Do you use preview text in your emails?
Preview text, sometimes known as the preheader, is the snippet of text that appears after the email subject line in most email programs. It is a feature that email marketers can use to improve their delivery rates, by improving how their message looks in the inbox. It's often overlooked in message creation. If you do not create it in your message, email clients will display the first part of your message in its place.

Today I received a message (it was a spam message - but what the heck) and I laughed hysterically when I saw the preview text

I think this is an example of someone not paying attention! LOL

This made me think of preview text for us in our marketing emails to customers.  I have read that use of the preview text leads to more open emails - so I went in search of how to add it.

In programs like Mailchimp (that is what SUDSOL uses for the Flash, etc) it is very easy because they have spot to add it.  

In other programs, I found this article that had some simple work arounds so you always get the right info out there - and aren't worried about taco bell farts! LOL

Patti Scanlan
Patti Scanlan Fort Peck, Montana
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Emails & Preview Text

Patti Scanlan
Administrator
Ooops I forgot the link to the article I mentioned -
https://jangomail.com/preview-text/

Patti Scanlan wrote
Preview text, sometimes known as the preheader, is the snippet of text that appears after the email subject line in most email programs. It is a feature that email marketers can use to improve their delivery rates, by improving how their message looks in the inbox. It's often overlooked in message creation. If you do not create it in your message, email clients will display the first part of your message in its place.

Today I received a message (it was a spam message - but what the heck) and I laughed hysterically when I saw the preview text

This made me think of preview text for us in our marketing emails to customers.  I have read that use of the preview text leads to more open emails - so I went in search of how to add it.

In programs like Mailchimp (that is what SUDSOL uses for the Flash, etc) it is very easy because they have spot to add it.  

In other programs, I found this article that had some simple work arounds so you always get the right info out there - and aren't worried about taco bell farts! LOL

Patti Scanlan
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Emails & Preview Text

Kelly Taranto
In reply to this post by Patti Scanlan

A very helpful tip Patti! Thank you! I actually never really even thought of this, but will keep this in mind as I reach out to folks via email.

Kelly

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Patti Scanlan] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n44645h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
patti@sudsol.com?subject=Emails+&+Preview+Text
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: patti@sudsol.com

This made me think of preview text for us in our marketing emails to customers.  I have read that use of the preview text leads to more open emails - so I went in search of how to add it.

Patti Scanlan

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Patti Scanlan, please change the email address to: patti@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Emails-Preview-Text-tp44645.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h89@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Emails & Preview Text

Lois Folla

I saved this last night, because I was too tired to understand it… But thank you for sharing it!!!!!  Like Kelly said, I never thought about doing this either!!!

Lois

From: ml+s1100894n44656h52@.nabble <ml+s1100894n44656h52@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 11:06 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Emails & Preview Text

kltaranto@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Emails%20&%20Preview%20Text

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kltaranto@gmail.com

A very helpful tip Patti! Thank you! I actually never really even thought of this, but will keep this in mind as I reach out to folks via email.

Kelly

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Patti Scanlan] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n44645h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

patti@sudsol.com?subject=Emails+&+Preview+Text

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: patti@sudsol.com

This made me think of preview text for us in our marketing emails to customers. I have read that use of the preview text leads to more open emails - so I went in search of how to add it.

Patti Scanlan

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Patti Scanlan, please change the email address to: patti@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Emails-Preview-Text-tp44645.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h89@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kelly Taranto, please change the email address to: kltaranto@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Emails-Preview-Text-tp44645p44656.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com