classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Earning Stampin' Rewards

Nancy Sutton
I have a really huge question to ask!  I just had a customer as me about earning Stampin' Rewards?  I have been a demo for 7 years and this is the first time I have ever been questioned on this and I am afraid I may have been doing the redemption all wrong.  Here is what I do:  If I have a customer who wants to be a hostess and invite friends then I do a complete workshop and I always give all the Stampin' Rewards to the hostess and the 50% off item.  If I have customers who place orders at a Open House, online order with a Hostess Code or basically anything I Host, I have always kept those Stampin' Rewards for myself to recoup costs of holding the events.  
Now I have a customer who submitted an order to me on my online Catalogue Release Party which was $207. CAD before Tx & SH. This order was submitted as a workshop order and I was the Hostess.  I used the rewards to purchase products to use in my business.  Am I doing this wrong?  Should I be completely upfront with her, because the breakdown is all in the cattie anyway.  FYI, apparently my customer went to an event run by another Stampin' Up! demo and the demo told her I was basically ripping her off.  REALLY WORRIED!!!
Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: SU!: Earning Stampin' Rewards

Antinonem

When  a customer spends enough to be considered a party I give her the stampin" rewards for that amount.
Micki Antinone

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36621h53@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Sun, Jun 4, 2017 8:11 pm
Subject: SU!: Earning Stampin' Rewards

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Earning Stampin' Rewards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

I have a really huge question to ask!  I just had a customer as me about earning Stampin' Rewards?  I have been a demo for 7 years and this is the first time I have ever been questioned on this and I am afraid I may have been doing the redemption all wrong.  Here is what I do:  If I have a customer who wants to be a hostess and invite friends then I do a complete workshop and I always give all the Stampin' Rewards to the hostess and the 50% off item.  If I have customers who place orders at a Open House, online order with a Hostess Code or basically anything I Host, I have always kept those Stampin' Rewards for myself to recoup costs of holding the events.  
Now I have a customer who submitted an order to me on my online Catalogue Release Party which was $207. CAD before Tx & SH. This order was submitted as a workshop order and I was the Hostess.  I used the rewards to purchase products to use in my business.  Am I doing this wrong?  Should I be completely upfront with her, because the breakdown is all in the cattie anyway.  FYI, apparently my customer went to an event run by another Stampin' Up! demo and the demo told her I was basically ripping her off.  REALLY WORRIED!!!
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h95@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Cheryl Noble
In reply to this post by Nancy Sutton

When a customer spends enough to qualify as a hostess I give her the rewards.  I discourage that kind of large order at someone else’s workshop and suggest they hold a workshop of their own being sure they do give the current hostess a good size order just under $150.00 US.

I had a customer that went every quarter to a demo about 2 hours away from where she lives.  She always gave the demo a $500.00 plus order.  The demo would ask her if she wanted to be a hostess and my customer would say no she did not want people at her house.  The demo felt she had done the right thing by asking so she kept all the hostess benefits.  As we are all independent demo’s we can run our business’ as we choose.  I personally think the customer should be told up front what she earned, the benefits as a book order and in this example be given the hostess benefits.  Guess that is why she is my customer now.

We can all run ours business’ as we need to for our own piece of mind.
HTH 
Cheryl

Cheryl Noble, Independent Stampin'UP!® Demonstrator
Phone: 608-576-3198
E-Mail: wmc@crazysustampers.com
Blog: CRAZYSUSTAMPERS
crazysustamper, LLC

On Jun 4, 2017, at 10:11 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36621h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h89@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Maria Pobre

I have always advised my customers to use the Hostess Code only if their order is less than the $150 needed for it to qualify as an workshop order on its own.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Jun 5, 2017, at 1:11 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36621h83@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|  

Barbara Rathmell

If a customer has an order that would qualify as a workshop, I always give them the Hostess benefits.  I also advise them that they could join by ordering $125 worth of product and only pay $99 and then place an order from themselves for the balance of their order and get the discount as a Demonstrator.  I've had a few people join, just by reminding them that the kit only costs $99.  But if it qualifies as a workshop, they get the rewards.

Barbara Rathmell
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
614-316-4258
www.stampwithbarbara.stampinup.net
Like me on Facebook @Stamping with barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36621h63@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <bdrathmell@>
Sent: Sun, Jun 4, 2017 11:11 pm

Click here to reply directly to Nancy Sutton privately at sergeantmajor0313@
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h5@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|  

grantj

I think you're going to hear the same thing from most of us. If a customer places a single order, I give her the rewards. However, if it's at a workshop or class that I host, I keep the rewards to use in the business. In a club, they rotate being hostess and the rewards. I haven't done an online party with a hostess code as most of my few customers don't use a computer! (Most of us are OLD!!!)

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On June 4, 2017 at 10:11 PM "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n36621h50@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|  

RE: Earning Stampin' Rewards

Coleen Astalos
Administrator

Well, I have a different opinion which comes from my experiences...

1) If a customer orders more than $150 at a friend's party, I would  never suggest to her to put that in on her own or discourage her to order or even suggest that she become a demo using those items as her "starter kit".    That robs her friend of hostess benefits and the friend has worked to invite people, clean her house, etc.  The hostess should get the hostess benefits - and get ALL of them, not reduced by any way.    

2) If a customer orders more than $150 at MY event,  I may or may not offer her hostess benefits - depending on how much work and effort I put into the event.  If I cleaned my house, prepared food, provided projects, etc and I'm using those hostess benefits to get items for my business so I can continue to offer events like this, I do not give the hostess benefits to the customer.   

3) If I'm doing an "online event" - something where I don't have promoted for people to all order at the same time to be able to put the orders together to get hostess benefits, then usually I have some kind of a perk for an order.  It may be a sample of some ribbons or papers or something easy for me to put together.  Or I may offer part (or all depending on my objective) of the hostess benefits to the participants (for example, a mystery hostess drawing).

4) If it's an "out of the blue" order or something that I didn't have to do work for to get the order, then I would offer the hostess benefits to the customer as I feel this will entice her to continue to make large *independent* orders.

As others have mentioned, you can run your business as you see fit.   If you (or someone else) is the hostess, you don't have to give this large purchaser the hostess benefits.   

As for being questioned by this customer, you can state to her that this new catalog online event is one that you use the hostess benefits to be able to get supplies to use for your business - to allow you to offer great make & takes at your events, or to be able to show new products right away at workshops, or whatever it is you intend to do with these products.   You can also let her know that SHE can host a workshop at any time to earn hostess benefits - which would include her order as well as any orders from friends.    Then I'd package up a little something for her as a thank you for her $207 order.

Confrontation is hard.  But I believe if you are honest/polite/respectful to her that you can explain it to her and she'll understand and you'll not lose a customer.  Good luck!

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml+s1100894n36621h96@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n36621h96@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:11 PM
To: SUDSOL Group

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|  

Joan Norman

If my customer gives me a party/ workshop order, I always give them the rewards/hostess benefits. If I collect orders, I keep the benefits.

Joan Norman
Stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Jun 4, 2017, at 11:11 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36621h71@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h13@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by grantj

I do mine the same way as Jan and many others.
Often times I will also add in items that I need or want to a customer or event order. It helps earn a bit of Hostess Rewards and I end up with more kickback so that my portion is usually free.
Free is good for everyone one!

Nola
Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 5, 2017, at 7:00 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36630h6@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Earning Stampin' Rewards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

I think you're going to hear the same thing from most of us. If a customer places a single order, I give her the rewards. However, if it's at a workshop or class that I host, I keep the rewards to use in the business. In a club, they rotate being hostess and the rewards. I haven't done an online party with a hostess code as most of my few customers don't use a computer! (Most of us are OLD!!!)

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On June 4, 2017 at 10:11 PM "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n36621h50@.nabble> wrote:

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621p36630.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|  

RE: SU!: Earning Stampin' Rewards

wenkerc

I always give the rewards to the hostess or if a customer calls me with an order I always point out that if it’s close to $150 she might want to add to her order a bit.  If not, that’s ok with me but I always try to get the most for my customers.  If a hostess doesn’t want to add to her order to get to the next reward level I might do that and take the extra bonus items for myself.  If I have an event at my house I take the hostess rewards. 

Cheryl Wenker

Independent Demonstrator
My blog: http://stampupwithme.com
My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/

From: ml+s1100894n36634h38@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n36634h38@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Earning Stampin' Rewards

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

I do mine the same way as Jan and many others.

Often times I will also add in items that I need or want to a customer or event order. It helps earn a bit of Hostess Rewards and I end up with more kickback so that my portion is usually free.

Free is good for everyone one!

Nola

Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 5, 2017, at 7:00 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36630h6@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Earning Stampin' Rewards

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forumsudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621p36630.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621p36634.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h77@n7nabble.com

Cheryl Wenker Independent Demonstrator My blog: http://stampupwithme.com My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jenny Vercammen
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos

I completely agree with Coleen.

If the event is being hosted by someone else, I won't take the benefits away from that person. If I'm the host, it depends on the event (and possibly on the customer as well). Usually when they're attending an event, they're already getting some sort of gift from me anyway.

When I share my monthly Host Code with my customers, though, I always tell them not to use it if they're ordering enough for their own Stampin' Rewards benefits.

Like others have said, you have to run your business by doing what works best for you. If the question came from the person who placed the order and if she's really making an issue of it, in this instance I might give her the rewards with an explanation for the future. If it's from someone else, I don't think you have any additional responsibility to the ordering customer.

Just make sure you have a business practice that you can be comfortable with going forward, and that you can explain clearly to your customers when the need arises.

Jenny Vercammen   Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Stamp With Jenny
photo Mobile: <a href="tel:224-627-3630" style="color: rgb(78, 75, 76); font-size: 12px; text-decoration: none;">224-627-3630
Email: jenny@stampwithjenny.com
Online StoreShop Now
 <iframe src="x-smartmail-loaded:" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.301961); -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px; border: none;">

On Jun 5, 2017, 9:16 AM -0500, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36631h21@.nabble>, wrote:
coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@

1) If a customer orders more than $150 at a friend's party, I would  never suggest to her to put that in on her own or discourage her to order or even suggest that she become a demo using those items as her "starter kit".    That robs her friend of hostess benefits and the friend has worked to invite people, clean her house, etc.  The hostess should get the hostess benefits - and get ALL of them, not reduced by any way.    

2) If a customer orders more than $150 at MY event,  I may or may not offer her hostess benefits - depending on how much work and effort I put into the event.  If I cleaned my house, prepared food, provided projects, etc and I'm using those hostess benefits to get items for my business so I can continue to offer events like this, I do not give the hostess benefits to the customer.   

3) If I'm doing an "online event" - something where I don't have promoted for people to all order at the same time to be able to put the orders together to get hostess benefits, then usually I have some kind of a perk for an order.  It may be a sample of some ribbons or papers or something easy for me to put together.  Or I may offer part (or all depending on my objective) of the hostess benefits to the participants (for example, a mystery hostess drawing).

4) If it's an "out of the blue" order or something that I didn't have to do work for to get the order, then I would offer the hostess benefits to the customer as I feel this will entice her to continue to make large *independent* orders.

As others have mentioned, you can run your business as you see fit.   If you (or someone else) is the hostess, you don't have to give this large purchaser the hostess benefits.   

As for being questioned by this customer, you can state to her that this new catalog online event is one that you use the hostess benefits to be able to get supplies to use for your business - to allow you to offer great make & takes at your events, or to be able to show new products right away at workshops, or whatever it is you intend to do with these products.   You can also let her know that SHE can host a workshop at any time to earn hostess benefits - which would include her order as well as any orders from friends.    Then I'd package up a little something for her as a thank you for her $207 order.

Confrontation is hard.  But I believe if you are honest/polite/respectful to her that you can explain it to her and she'll understand and you'll not lose a customer.  Good luck!

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@

sergeantmajor0313@?subject=Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h38@.nabble

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621p36631.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h53@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|  

Chris Occhipinti
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos

I do exactly as Colleen does.  I have a customer base that rotates having parties, and they have each benefited from some large orders over the years.  They all understand that a separate online order can earn them host rewards.

I have tucked Dimensionals, or pearls, or a pack or notecards/envies, or Linen thread in the bags of workshop guests whose orders would have qualified separately for benefits.

As for the demo that told your customer you were 'ripping her off'...wow.  Just wow.

Chris

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

------ Original Message ------

To: cho1888@
Sent: June 5, 2017 at 7:16 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Earning Stampin' Rewards
coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE: Earning Stampin' Rewards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621p36631.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nancy Sutton
In reply to this post by Jenny Vercammen

Thanks for the advice.  I really appreciate it from everyone.  I know eh seriously some people have to put others down to make themselves feel good!!

Nancy
On Jun 5, 2017, at 12:14 PM, SUDSOL [Jenny Vercammen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36637h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

jenny@stampwithjenny.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jenny@stampwithjenny.com

If the event is being hosted by someone else, I won't take the benefits away from that person. If I'm the host, it depends on the event (and possibly on the customer as well). Usually when they're attending an event, they're already getting some sort of gift from me anyway.

When I share my monthly Host Code with my customers, though, I always tell them not to use it if they're ordering enough for their own Stampin' Rewards benefits.

Like others have said, you have to run your business by doing what works best for you. If the question came from the person who placed the order and if she's really making an issue of it, in this instance I might give her the rewards with an explanation for the future. If it's from someone else, I don't think you have any additional responsibility to the ordering customer.

Just make sure you have a business practice that you can be comfortable with going forward, and that you can explain clearly to your customers when the need arises.

Jenny Vercammen   Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Stamp With Jenny
photo Mobile: <a href="<a href="tel:224-627-3630" class="">tel:224-627-3630" style="color: rgb(78, 75, 76); font-size: 12px; text-decoration: none;">224-627-3630
Email: jenny@stampwithjenny.com
Online StoreShop Now
 <iframe src="x-smartmail-loaded:" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.301961); -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px; border: none;">

On Jun 5, 2017, 9:16 AM -0500, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36631h21@.nabble>, wrote:
coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h53@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jenny Vercammen, please change the email address to: jenny@stampwithjenny.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621p36637.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton wrote
Thanks for the advice.  I really appreciate it from everyone.  I know eh seriously some people have to put others down to make themselves feel good!!

Nancy
On Jun 5, 2017, at 12:14 PM, SUDSOL [Jenny Vercammen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36637h0@.nabble<mailto:ml+s1100894n36637h0@.nabble>> wrote:

Click here to reply directly to Jenny Vercammen privately at jenny@<mailto:jenny@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards>
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jenny@<mailto:jenny@>

Jenny Vercammen   Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Stamp With Jenny

[photo] Mobile: <a href="tel:224-627-3630" style="color: rgb(78, 75, 76); font-size: 12px; text-decoration: none;">224-627-3630
Email: jenny@...<mailto:jenny@...>
Website: www.stampwithjenny.com<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=JpWBgyEnwHH-2BZ-2F6q0khuJOE2TQp91PDuwK22fru86ACOPdLvTuimG01wca0ekUiO_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bcmpXiYwcjcWFU-2B1ofm-2F4nFgvbqSxjB1yhxFVhHqqJLzdypV-2FCcczjBVYTsn4MxNhO5ZcgeDoYV8hb3UO3sVUCrHjBgJpSE5sR-2B2ZVZ7DjczEcmrwUpn3Chaz12ygxaodhYr5peXp4-2FsfUml1aeBxxpNFllOg02mm27Kdy-2BlLjXE5HF7EKNKZ2llNL0bCpwNHw-3D-3D>

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/facebook.png]<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=vpKJERi1tY7PB5Tngc96A-2FgCPpqUagUUPk9Gc0Uh4RinmAg3AlqBDup9tWdOOFqd_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bahAFL52kVO5AFcXZ4PasTRYuXv7QDLPa7oaw7b-2B7eWwgkuIOTdrliHumKfbl-2BYpZxSfZiR0R-2Fy8Iaw5MlqVqAn5KoWgFtPwVPuCXkMEArhvdFQ0vTM9uk-2BrP-2F51ft1APkKkr63y1LY8g4FetJW6F0ZL-2B5O7mMnWL98qkr30XAvqj5WygAk9JBg2vgeQDj-2BlrQ-3D-3D>    [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/twitter.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=frqkw0-2BXQfUAqxIenKLOlMy7Gdg12BP43qP9HEt5qn268wmL28ST08VgDFodj5Rz_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65ba7ZyY1G3IM0Qn64zK2ucIxHOfS9lP5t69bT3ckOj780q-2B6DRQ9BWCt2z2Z9GPn-2FxtOpufnxZ1Vl7eZuJ2RfmmsyEj7P2cJw2lpTH-2FEuf3Jm5nFGzYgkkWFUvRLbeWK-2Bsf5Z7TjYfqJ-2BSC8suXoGfXhP1AxE4ZyRaZ8xrSDxEcc-2FKRjQIViI0befEq748rmgew-3D-3D>      [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/instagram.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=LgCARJHnjtd3UE8bx6jzpkvxtzBU6DGKdlXWuRPhYBn8jWrXTERctphI-2BaqvvY6n_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bSgAnpwbjFZgvwC-2BczLdPpiPu6MgWh7-2FF5XUqblGzehwlufQXyqymgcPmmuyXHVpo9PiRZrVWFCG05b1LN0EnqmYVswyVSlvP54basA9eEKddbfI5OOYeBZo-2FU1ApKPBkGTNAF4OhjQ8DxIAZ1Zx5t4W-2FawRqguIWRgKpRqVLRfvnq3dO16FkqG9NL4lgXA38A-3D-3D>        [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/pinterest.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=W3WMl-2FSVjI2F0CQQBbkQcHGe4vjO6yAlWjMeCncV-2BbjS42cNpatRo9ePTssurqUw_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bY-2BgLqkRDYhRBEHm3WNgOPp8qsELQgRw1gRhUJvqqPm8bkQ3wGmDw577EE0-2BOGpR5D1VFnGGgsTQVVNRuO6hLW-2FgEdpI-2BZwmEIbTkJkt5g2dlX6zKN7QdYyMaYk6TgK9OGX6JxAMyp1-2FKeIMIKo9L2AdNEPe7yC3G7B2E5rQQOMuA53Sc4QA4FtUNx79W6XEow-3D-3D>    [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/youtube.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=DCF-2FRktoV5U2EDXKicIYa0rKmn-2BSQFOYK0hW3GpdVcHWbvFltRC4Zgv-2FDFFR-2BxSc_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bQCSkshdvTtK-2Fpa-2FmC1X6PjIquXrnQoOsCIFeL7bpkzHa6bhPU7xj8xgail0BvkmgFAYcXdkNbwKKSbU8XQ-2BMgvVphkjEg0hilstFMkMf3U9MfXhwoYcYNdFogUQoOSCX4bSWhD8gmsaPmDCMPg-2FSiTQ7KJegumOkhR9R115mIc1kwpSQfx6qXwqVFAN6JX5hw-3D-3D>

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/email-apps/promotion_button/promotion_button_1.png]<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=gy-2FoT6o-2F43I7dCNZsE60psvkYAYbYm9-2B1eCcmbVItiN8oBgwc957RBRJiXzZ9wuY0p3O6a1dYsxA5a9g40OCPESS21j6if1TgorTITJYOWQ-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bee7aSRo8cnU3gTL3dqwos5QW9Cn0Fj-2FTeLj8m4nrISGawMpVx0vXPR4rVk8hAIruSnc5v-2B06pkNLeFjod2O4lzg2PwLfKD7KSJh6VOnthS9v8jZ8NCAwfJDwdCM3iK1sZNVtQguEvHidhTB7M618uHtYtjaVYe7Xnnjf52uepmafBaGiXcMcvxgxknHl4k-2FLw-3D-3D>        Online StoreShop Now<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=gy-2FoT6o-2F43I7dCNZsE60psvkYAYbYm9-2B1eCcmbVItiN8oBgwc957RBRJiXzZ9wuY0p3O6a1dYsxA5a9g40OCPESS21j6if1TgorTITJYOWQ-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bQcfD4t-2B6eApxtaCxojubkdKGQNie0E-2BTL0PNl2vV2sq6wWoI6ODm9uqnbxaB0PzHrcJl-2FuXDZt5Yaecnqkvcd6cjJE39ZFIBGK14GQ7lolcSvPXKDZBQ3Am4PYVwSrUwTyvln8uqb2530IqFio43HISLAbPBgEy0LYCJO16y9yyhq89d8EOCYxfgmuqlCfmpA-3D-3D>
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/email-apps/newsletter_button/newsletter_button_1.png]<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=ZG-2Bm4kh7np0FNscx6htTPN5jlLKxTx5TuaKRjnhttaw-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bWLIrLZDom-2FcLyZymwO-2Blgb2DM6I3Tb6ha85ajElh8Bymit-2BHPLbrOnuVhfK6WNR72RgJJzrVXODrFswqrNSknB03JkGmtKvjMGv0hJDtC-2FvCT37UaMtewJ-2FepH9cioj25WG9mfqIB0cy4E4SJmIdLQ3dsqNxOfFDdIjHCgx6TX4qtfm-2FfK1DA-2FCUBbLnAn8DQ-3D-3D>  Subscribe for free:Sign me up!<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=ZG-2Bm4kh7np0FNscx6htTPN5jlLKxTx5TuaKRjnhttaw-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bXAMvJasbPfrnzZAUexR1p22c3-2FUhEgXHkIgkXZHLPCCfln-2F0wg9r1eUmtEKrteC0-2Fr2k8g6ioZRiLO-2F-2BywNX9Ttc-2FVojS2cLfMmcSBoWRWGkvvRiP9H-2BzkSirv-2Bjfnqyr4KZAs5FdPOxB918-2Bxdsu1lrmQAb1JhfXUnE7VOXhz0hmin3VC7s9jpJS7YgS2g0A-3D-3D>

coleen@...<mailto:coleen@...>?subject=RE:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards

1) If a customer orders more than $150 at a friend's party, I would  never suggest to her to put that in on her own or discourage her to order or even suggest that she become a demo using those items as her "starter kit".    That robs her friend of hostess benefits and the friend has worked to invite people, clean her house, etc.  The hostess should get the hostess benefits - and get ALL of them, not reduced by any way.

2) If a customer orders more than $150 at MY event,  I may or may not offer her hostess benefits - depending on how much work and effort I put into the event.  If I cleaned my house, prepared food, provided projects, etc and I'm using those hostess benefits to get items for my business so I can continue to offer events like this, I do not give the hostess benefits to the customer.

3) If I'm doing an "online event" - something where I don't have promoted for people to all order at the same time to be able to put the orders together to get hostess benefits, then usually I have some kind of a perk for an order.  It may be a sample of some ribbons or papers or something easy for me to put together.  Or I may offer part (or all depending on my objective) of the hostess benefits to the participants (for example, a mystery hostess drawing).

As others have mentioned, you can run your business as you see fit.   If you (or someone else) is the hostess, you don't have to give this large purchaser the hostess benefits.

As for being questioned by this customer, you can state to her that this new catalog online event is one that you use the hostess benefits to be able to get supplies to use for your business - to allow you to offer great make & takes at your events, or to be able to show new products right away at workshops, or whatever it is you intend to do with these products.   You can also let her know that SHE can host a workshop at any time to earn hostess benefits - which would include her order as well as any orders from friends.    Then I'd package up a little something for her as a thank you for her $207 order.

Confrontation is hard.  But I believe if you are honest/polite/respectful to her that you can explain it to her and she'll understand and you'll not lose a customer.  Good luck!

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net<http://alamosa.stampinup.net/>
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!<http://www.cartville.com/app/?Clk=2848375>

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net<http://www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net/>
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you<http://www.facebook.com/2stamp4you>

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here<http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=3&code=c2VyZ2VhbnRtYWpvcjAzMTNAaG90bWFpbC5jb218M3wzMTcwMzEwNTY=>.
I would like to thank everyone so very much for their candid and honest advice on my question.  I haven't had a very supportive upline so everything I have learned has been through reading the policies and being part of SUDSOL and trial and error at best.  I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have the luxury of all your experience to pull from on a regular basis.  
It seems, it is pretty split on how everyone runs their businesses so I don't feel like I have been "ripping my customers off", however, I have identified a few areas where I can improve in the future.  I think I probably should have explained to her at the time the order was placed that she could host her own party and get the rewards but where I didn't do that I will give her the rewards this time but let her know how it will work in the future.  Also I have downline that I have not talked to about this so it will definitely be on the agenda for the next meeting.  Many many thanks again to you all.  Very much appreciated!!
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nancy Sutton

I would like to thank everyone so very much for their candid and honest advice on my question.  I haven't had a very supportive upline so everything I have learned has been through reading the policies and being part of SUDSOL and trial and error at best.  I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have the luxury of all your experience to pull from on a regular basis.   
It seems, it is pretty split on how everyone runs their businesses so I don't feel like I have been "ripping my customers off", however, I have identified a few areas where I can improve in the future.  I think I probably should have explained to her at the time the order was placed that she could host her own party and get the rewards but where I didn't do that I will give her the rewards this time but let her know how it will work in the future.  Also I have downline that I have not talked to about this so it will definitely be on the agenda for the next meeting.  Many many thanks again to you all.  Very much appreciated!! 
Nancy SuttonOn Jun 5, 2017, at 6:20 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36645h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards

Nancy Sutton wrote

Nancy
On Jun 5, 2017, at 12:14 PM, SUDSOL [Jenny Vercammen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n36637h0@.nabble<mailto:ml+s1100894n36637h0@.nabble>> wrote:

Click here to reply directly to Jenny Vercammen privately at jenny@<mailto:jenny@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards>
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jenny@<mailto:jenny@>

Jenny Vercammen   Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Stamp With Jenny

[photo] Mobile: <a href="<a href="tel:224-627-3630" class="">tel:224-627-3630" style="color: rgb(78, 75, 76); font-size: 12px; text-decoration: none;">224-627-3630
Email: jenny@...<mailto:jenny@...>
Website: www.stampwithjenny.com<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=JpWBgyEnwHH-2BZ-2F6q0khuJOE2TQp91PDuwK22fru86ACOPdLvTuimG01wca0ekUiO_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bcmpXiYwcjcWFU-2B1ofm-2F4nFgvbqSxjB1yhxFVhHqqJLzdypV-2FCcczjBVYTsn4MxNhO5ZcgeDoYV8hb3UO3sVUCrHjBgJpSE5sR-2B2ZVZ7DjczEcmrwUpn3Chaz12ygxaodhYr5peXp4-2FsfUml1aeBxxpNFllOg02mm27Kdy-2BlLjXE5HF7EKNKZ2llNL0bCpwNHw-3D-3D>

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/facebook.png]<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=vpKJERi1tY7PB5Tngc96A-2FgCPpqUagUUPk9Gc0Uh4RinmAg3AlqBDup9tWdOOFqd_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bahAFL52kVO5AFcXZ4PasTRYuXv7QDLPa7oaw7b-2B7eWwgkuIOTdrliHumKfbl-2BYpZxSfZiR0R-2Fy8Iaw5MlqVqAn5KoWgFtPwVPuCXkMEArhvdFQ0vTM9uk-2BrP-2F51ft1APkKkr63y1LY8g4FetJW6F0ZL-2B5O7mMnWL98qkr30XAvqj5WygAk9JBg2vgeQDj-2BlrQ-3D-3D>    [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/twitter.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=frqkw0-2BXQfUAqxIenKLOlMy7Gdg12BP43qP9HEt5qn268wmL28ST08VgDFodj5Rz_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65ba7ZyY1G3IM0Qn64zK2ucIxHOfS9lP5t69bT3ckOj780q-2B6DRQ9BWCt2z2Z9GPn-2FxtOpufnxZ1Vl7eZuJ2RfmmsyEj7P2cJw2lpTH-2FEuf3Jm5nFGzYgkkWFUvRLbeWK-2Bsf5Z7TjYfqJ-2BSC8suXoGfXhP1AxE4ZyRaZ8xrSDxEcc-2FKRjQIViI0befEq748rmgew-3D-3D>      [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/instagram.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=LgCARJHnjtd3UE8bx6jzpkvxtzBU6DGKdlXWuRPhYBn8jWrXTERctphI-2BaqvvY6n_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bSgAnpwbjFZgvwC-2BczLdPpiPu6MgWh7-2FF5XUqblGzehwlufQXyqymgcPmmuyXHVpo9PiRZrVWFCG05b1LN0EnqmYVswyVSlvP54basA9eEKddbfI5OOYeBZo-2FU1ApKPBkGTNAF4OhjQ8DxIAZ1Zx5t4W-2FawRqguIWRgKpRqVLRfvnq3dO16FkqG9NL4lgXA38A-3D-3D>        [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/pinterest.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=W3WMl-2FSVjI2F0CQQBbkQcHGe4vjO6yAlWjMeCncV-2BbjS42cNpatRo9ePTssurqUw_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bY-2BgLqkRDYhRBEHm3WNgOPp8qsELQgRw1gRhUJvqqPm8bkQ3wGmDw577EE0-2BOGpR5D1VFnGGgsTQVVNRuO6hLW-2FgEdpI-2BZwmEIbTkJkt5g2dlX6zKN7QdYyMaYk6TgK9OGX6JxAMyp1-2FKeIMIKo9L2AdNEPe7yC3G7B2E5rQQOMuA53Sc4QA4FtUNx79W6XEow-3D-3D>    [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/youtube.png] <http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=DCF-2FRktoV5U2EDXKicIYa0rKmn-2BSQFOYK0hW3GpdVcHWbvFltRC4Zgv-2FDFFR-2BxSc_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bQCSkshdvTtK-2Fpa-2FmC1X6PjIquXrnQoOsCIFeL7bpkzHa6bhPU7xj8xgail0BvkmgFAYcXdkNbwKKSbU8XQ-2BMgvVphkjEg0hilstFMkMf3U9MfXhwoYcYNdFogUQoOSCX4bSWhD8gmsaPmDCMPg-2FSiTQ7KJegumOkhR9R115mIc1kwpSQfx6qXwqVFAN6JX5hw-3D-3D>

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/email-apps/promotion_button/promotion_button_1.png]<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=gy-2FoT6o-2F43I7dCNZsE60psvkYAYbYm9-2B1eCcmbVItiN8oBgwc957RBRJiXzZ9wuY0p3O6a1dYsxA5a9g40OCPESS21j6if1TgorTITJYOWQ-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bee7aSRo8cnU3gTL3dqwos5QW9Cn0Fj-2FTeLj8m4nrISGawMpVx0vXPR4rVk8hAIruSnc5v-2B06pkNLeFjod2O4lzg2PwLfKD7KSJh6VOnthS9v8jZ8NCAwfJDwdCM3iK1sZNVtQguEvHidhTB7M618uHtYtjaVYe7Xnnjf52uepmafBaGiXcMcvxgxknHl4k-2FLw-3D-3D>        Online StoreShop Now<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=gy-2FoT6o-2F43I7dCNZsE60psvkYAYbYm9-2B1eCcmbVItiN8oBgwc957RBRJiXzZ9wuY0p3O6a1dYsxA5a9g40OCPESS21j6if1TgorTITJYOWQ-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bQcfD4t-2B6eApxtaCxojubkdKGQNie0E-2BTL0PNl2vV2sq6wWoI6ODm9uqnbxaB0PzHrcJl-2FuXDZt5Yaecnqkvcd6cjJE39ZFIBGK14GQ7lolcSvPXKDZBQ3Am4PYVwSrUwTyvln8uqb2530IqFio43HISLAbPBgEy0LYCJO16y9yyhq89d8EOCYxfgmuqlCfmpA-3D-3D>
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/email-apps/newsletter_button/newsletter_button_1.png]<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=ZG-2Bm4kh7np0FNscx6htTPN5jlLKxTx5TuaKRjnhttaw-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bWLIrLZDom-2FcLyZymwO-2Blgb2DM6I3Tb6ha85ajElh8Bymit-2BHPLbrOnuVhfK6WNR72RgJJzrVXODrFswqrNSknB03JkGmtKvjMGv0hJDtC-2FvCT37UaMtewJ-2FepH9cioj25WG9mfqIB0cy4E4SJmIdLQ3dsqNxOfFDdIjHCgx6TX4qtfm-2FfK1DA-2FCUBbLnAn8DQ-3D-3D>  Subscribe for free:Sign me up!<http://link.wisestamp.com/wf/click?upn=ZG-2Bm4kh7np0FNscx6htTPN5jlLKxTx5TuaKRjnhttaw-3D_3DfefDaP8NAcxxhZweDj46JxhD4Lqlknd-2FpeHVwzHn28Q-2Fi2E1hrPkNWmUtszGMMzAo-2BtgrvCy4hIfYEfm65bXAMvJasbPfrnzZAUexR1p22c3-2FUhEgXHkIgkXZHLPCCfln-2F0wg9r1eUmtEKrteC0-2Fr2k8g6ioZRiLO-2F-2BywNX9Ttc-2FVojS2cLfMmcSBoWRWGkvvRiP9H-2BzkSirv-2Bjfnqyr4KZAs5FdPOxB918-2Bxdsu1lrmQAb1JhfXUnE7VOXhz0hmin3VC7s9jpJS7YgS2g0A-3D-3D>

coleen@...<mailto:coleen@...>?subject=RE:%20Earning%20Stampin'%20Rewards

1) If a customer orders more than $150 at a friend's party, I would  never suggest to her to put that in on her own or discourage her to order or even suggest that she become a demo using those items as her "starter kit".    That robs her friend of hostess benefits and the friend has worked to invite people, clean her house, etc.  The hostess should get the hostess benefits - and get ALL of them, not reduced by any way.

2) If a customer orders more than $150 at MY event,  I may or may not offer her hostess benefits - depending on how much work and effort I put into the event.  If I cleaned my house, prepared food, provided projects, etc and I'm using those hostess benefits to get items for my business so I can continue to offer events like this, I do not give the hostess benefits to the customer.

3) If I'm doing an "online event" - something where I don't have promoted for people to all order at the same time to be able to put the orders together to get hostess benefits, then usually I have some kind of a perk for an order.  It may be a sample of some ribbons or papers or something easy for me to put together.  Or I may offer part (or all depending on my objective) of the hostess benefits to the participants (for example, a mystery hostess drawing).

As others have mentioned, you can run your business as you see fit.   If you (or someone else) is the hostess, you don't have to give this large purchaser the hostess benefits.

As for being questioned by this customer, you can state to her that this new catalog online event is one that you use the hostess benefits to be able to get supplies to use for your business - to allow you to offer great make & takes at your events, or to be able to show new products right away at workshops, or whatever it is you intend to do with these products.   You can also let her know that SHE can host a workshop at any time to earn hostess benefits - which would include her order as well as any orders from friends.    Then I'd package up a little something for her as a thank you for her $207 order.

Confrontation is hard.  But I believe if you are honest/polite/respectful to her that you can explain it to her and she'll understand and you'll not lose a customer.  Good luck!

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net<http://alamosa.stampinup.net/>
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!<http://www.cartville.com/app/?Clk=2848375>

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net<http://www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net/>
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you<http://www.facebook.com/2stamp4you>

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here<
Nancy Sutton

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Earning-Stampin-Rewards-tp36621p36645.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario