Donating Excess Supplies Summary

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Donating Excess Supplies Summary

Charlotte Lindmeier
Thank you demonstrators!! There are a lot of good ideas in the answers to this week’s question.  You have inspired me to re-think what I do with my excess supplies. The winner for this week’s free SUDSOL time was drawn from the entries made this week.  The more you share the more chances you have at winning FREE SUDSOL time. Our winner this week is Denise Salyards. Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their ideas.  This is what makes SUDSOL so great.

Our Question this week was:
When you decide to donate some of your excess supplies where do you take them?
I gave everything to a high school art teacher who teaches in a low income school.
I have 3 main places for my retired/excess supplies:  our grandgirls, 6 years of volunteering at our Bedford Senior Center making cards with about 20 regular ladies who love making cards for family and donating to Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child for kid’s shoeboxes.
My retired supplies (not so much my stamp sets) go to my church.  I host/lead our Card Ministry at church.  A bunch of us get together monthly to make birthday and anniversary cards for those members who have birthdays or anniversaries in the next month.  We send them to folks who are 1 year old to 100 years old (or older) so it is a lot of fun to create, of course on one knows or cares if the paper or other supplies are current or not.
I donate some to a local church that has a preschool and kids classes, and also use some as prizes
for my classes.
I donate mine to one of the elementary schools.
Donating to the Art Therapy Center at Cleveland Clinic for cancer patients and their families while undergoing treatment.
I’ve donated craft supplies to Laradon Hall, a local home and school for mentally challenged children and adults.
Last year I taught several card classes to our youth at Church.  They were so excited and wanted supplies, but  Moms  just couldn’t afford in their budget.  The first time I gave them some VERY old non-Stampin’Up stamps after our class.  They were so excited that I brought some other items and discontinued Stampin’ Up each time. Also gave each one a copy of last years catalog for ideas.  They have remained enthused so I think I will pass on more each class.  Now several Moms have expressed an interest in stamping!  So maybe they will find some room in their budget.  If not, it’s okay.  Just sharing the love of stamping!
I use them with my ARC people. When I donate them I send them to the Once Again Shoppe. Once a week they sell them. The Shoppe is for anyone but the money is used to help folks who are low income.
I sell most of mine in a BOGO so I get orders of new products to boost my sales.  The things that don’t go then, I will donate to a school. 
We have several great thrift shops here in Prescott. Mine usually go to Stepping Stones as they also have a shelter for women and children here in town and Prescott Valley.
I also make cards for the women and children to give or mail.
I donate my excess and retired supplies to my local library.
I also use them when I stamp with my retirement home gals.
I donate to a dementia care facility.
I donate supplies to a local special needs program. The students make cards to sell to supplement program funds.
I donated mine to Treasures4Teachers, a Phoenix, AZ -area non profit that gives teachers low- or no-cost supplies.
When I donate discontinued items I either donate them to our Stamp for Charity Group which makes cards and does projects for local groups that are in need of our projects.  During the Christmas season we made 125 cards for an Assistant living home and also make treat holders for chap stick.  Each person had a little gift and a card on their table on Christmas Day.  

I also donate craft supplies to the Golden Girls Home which has 24 girls ages 12-18.  The girls love doing crafts.

Last year we made 150 pet themed Christmas cards for the Advocates Saving Adoptable pets.  They sold them at the stands where they had pets to be adopted and also in a Photography Shop that specializes in pet photos.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Donating Excess Supplies Summary

Linda Bobb

Thank you so much for compiling this list!  So helpful as I am moving soon and seriously downsizing!!!
Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47305h38@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <lb1227@>
Sent: Sun, Mar 31, 2019 4:55 pm
Subject: SU!: Donating Excess Supplies Summary

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Donating Excess Supplies Summary
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Thank you demonstrators!! There are a lot of good ideas in the answers to this week’s question.  You have inspired me to re-think what I do with my excess supplies. The winner for this week’s free SUDSOL time was drawn from the entries made this week.  The more you share the more chances you have at winning FREE SUDSOL time. Our winner this week is Denise Salyards. Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their ideas.  This is what makes SUDSOL so great.

I gave everything to a high school art teacher who teaches in a low income school.
I have 3 main places for my retired/excess supplies: our grandgirls, 6 years of volunteering at our Bedford Senior Center making cards with about 20 regular ladies who love making cards for family and donating to Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child for kid’s shoeboxes.
My retired supplies (not so much my stamp sets) go to my church. I host/lead our Card Ministry at church. A bunch of us get together monthly to make birthday and anniversary cards for those members who have birthdays or anniversaries in the next month. We send them to folks who are 1 year old to 100 years old (or older) so it is a lot of fun to create, of course on one knows or cares if the paper or other supplies are current or not.
I donate some to a local church that has a preschool and kids classes, and also use some as prizes
for my classes.
Donating to the Art Therapy Center at Cleveland Clinic for cancer patients and their families while undergoing treatment.
I’ve donated craft supplies to Laradon Hall, a local home and school for mentally challenged children and adults.
Last year I taught several card classes to our youth at Church. They were so excited and wanted supplies, but Moms just couldn’t afford in their budget. The first time I gave them some VERY old non-Stampin’Up stamps after our class. They were so excited that I brought some other items and discontinued Stampin’ Up each time. Also gave each one a copy of last years catalog for ideas. They have remained enthused so I think I will pass on more each class. Now several Moms have expressed an interest in stamping! So maybe they will find some room in their budget. If not, it’s okay. Just sharing the love of stamping!
I use them with my ARC people. When I donate them I send them to the Once Again Shoppe. Once a week they sell them. The Shoppe is for anyone but the money is used to help folks who are low income.
I sell most of mine in a BOGO so I get orders of new products to boost my sales. The things that don’t go then, I will donate to a school.
We have several great thrift shops here in Prescott. Mine usually go to Stepping Stones as they also have a shelter for women and children here in town and Prescott Valley.
I donate supplies to a local special needs program. The students make cards to sell to supplement program funds.
I donated mine to Treasures4Teachers, a Phoenix, AZ -area non profit that gives teachers low- or no-cost supplies.
When I donate discontinued items I either donate them to our Stamp for Charity Group which makes cards and does projects for local groups that are in need of our projects. During the Christmas season we made 125 cards for an Assistant living home and also make treat holders for chap stick. Each person had a little gift and a card on their table on Christmas Day.

I also donate craft supplies to the Golden Girls Home which has 24 girls ages 12-18. The girls love doing crafts.

Last year we made 150 pet themed Christmas cards for the Advocates Saving Adoptable pets. They sold them at the stands where they had pets to be adopted and also in a Photography Shop that specializes in pet photos.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Donating-Excess-Supplies-Summary-tp47305.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Donating Excess Supplies Summary

Barbara Stitt

Great answers folk and some new ideas!  Thank you Charlotte for compiling
All the suggestions for us!

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2019, at 11:26 AM, SUDSOL [Linda Bobb] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47348h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

lb1227@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Donating Excess Supplies Summary
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lb1227@aol.com

Thank you so much for compiling this list!  So helpful as I am moving soon and seriously downsizing!!!
Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n47305h38@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <lb1227@>
Sent: Sun, Mar 31, 2019 4:55 pm
Subject: SU!: Donating Excess Supplies Summary

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Donating Excess Supplies Summary
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

I have 3 main places for my retired/excess supplies: our grandgirls, 6 years of volunteering at our Bedford Senior Center making cards with about 20 regular ladies who love making cards for family and donating to Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child for kid’s shoeboxes.
My retired supplies (not so much my stamp sets) go to my church. I host/lead our Card Ministry at church. A bunch of us get together monthly to make birthday and anniversary cards for those members who have birthdays or anniversaries in the next month. We send them to folks who are 1 year old to 100 years old (or older) so it is a lot of fun to create, of course on one knows or cares if the paper or other supplies are current or not.
for my classes.
Last year I taught several card classes to our youth at Church. They were so excited and wanted supplies, but Moms just couldn’t afford in their budget. The first time I gave them some VERY old non-Stampin’Up stamps after our class. They were so excited that I brought some other items and discontinued Stampin’ Up each time. Also gave each one a copy of last years catalog for ideas. They have remained enthused so I think I will pass on more each class. Now several Moms have expressed an interest in stamping! So maybe they will find some room in their budget. If not, it’s okay. Just sharing the love of stamping!
I sell most of mine in a BOGO so I get orders of new products to boost my sales. The things that don’t go then, I will donate to a school.
When I donate discontinued items I either donate them to our Stamp for Charity Group which makes cards and does projects for local groups that are in need of our projects. During the Christmas season we made 125 cards for an Assistant living home and also make treat holders for chap stick. Each person had a little gift and a card on their table on Christmas Day.

I also donate craft supplies to the Golden Girls Home which has 24 girls ages 12-18. The girls love doing crafts.

Last year we made 150 pet themed Christmas cards for the Advocates Saving Adoptable pets. They sold them at the stands where they had pets to be adopted and also in a Photography Shop that specializes in pet photos.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Donating-Excess-Supplies-Summary-tp47305.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Bobb, please change the email address to: lb1227@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Donating-Excess-Supplies-Summary-tp47305p47348.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.