RE: Star Book Directions

Lois Folla

Wow, thank you for sharing!

From: ml+s1100894n52147h73@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52147h73@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:41 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: SU!: Star Book Directions

sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Star%20Book%20Directions

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@soggystamper.com

STAR BOOK DIRECTIONS.doc (194K) Download Attachment
Star Book by Sue Erickson.docx (355K) Download Attachment

Hi all,
I have two different tutorials for makiong star books. The first one is made by stitching the pages together. I made that one several years ago as a gift. The second one uses Tear & Tape to hold the pages together. It is a smaller book I made for my Convention roomies with pictures we have taken over the years. To get all the pictures in it, I added a couple extra one to some of the pages. That is why a couple of the signatures have a skinny line in the middle when viewed from above. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Sue Erickson

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Dandelion-Wishes-tp44108p52147.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h78@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Star Book Directions

Sue Erickson

You are welcome!

On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:12 AM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n52149h97@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

lois@stampinpress.com?subject=RE:%20Star%20Book%20Directions
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Wow, thank you for sharing!

From: ml+s1100894n52147h73@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52147h73@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:41 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: SU!: Star Book Directions

sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Star%20Book%20Directions

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@soggystamper.com

STAR BOOK DIRECTIONS.doc (194K) Download Attachment
Star Book by Sue Erickson.docx (355K) Download Attachment

Hi all,
I have two different tutorials for makiong star books. The first one is made by stitching the pages together. I made that one several years ago as a gift. The second one uses Tear & Tape to hold the pages together. It is a smaller book I made for my Convention roomies with pictures we have taken over the years. To get all the pictures in it, I added a couple extra one to some of the pages. That is why a couple of the signatures have a skinny line in the middle when viewed from above. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Sue Erickson

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Dandelion-Wishes-tp44108p52147.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h78@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Dandelion-Wishes-tp44108p52149.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, ml+s1100894n2h40@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

oo Late! - O Lucky Day!

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Robbie Rubala

It’s not too late! With the new norm of practicing social distancing and many people having to shelter in place, you really would have time to participate in this week’s design challenge. You have through tomorrow to submit a St. Patrick’s Day card or other project you have designed. Let’s bring a little happiness and luck to these stressful times. Be sure to tag your creation with SDC604 so we can all find it.

Cheri Stojkovich used the new $100 freebie Rise & Shine stamp set to design this St. Patty’s Card. Enjoy!

May this be your lucky week,

Sue Erickson, SUDSOL Design Challenge Coordinator

Reply | Threaded
|

Showcasing the Ornate Garden Suite

Sue Erickson

I love that the April special offering to our customers is something that we can share with them all next year in the annual catalog. April 1st is just a week away so your design challenge this week is to design and share a project using product from the Ornate Garden Suite. It you have resisted preordering anything from this suite, you can still participate. Just find a sample on the internet to pin to one of your pin boards. Be sure to tag it with SDC605.

I love Emma Goddard’s use of the Ornate Edges die on this card!

Happy designing and pinning,

Reply | Threaded
|

Ornate Thanks Cards

Sue Erickson

Had a chance to play with the Ornate Thanks Bundle which arrived yesterday. I love this bundle! These cards are my entry to this week’s design challenge. Enjoy!

Sue Erickson

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Ornate Thanks Cards

Pamela Parker

Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2020, at 11:59 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n52211h28@.nabble> wrote:

sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Ornate Thanks Cards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@

Had a chance to play with the Ornate Thanks Bundle which arrived yesterday. I love this bundle! These cards are my entry to this week’s design challenge. Enjoy!

Sue Erickson

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Dandelion-Wishes-tp44108p52211.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h49@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Easter's Coming!

Sue Erickson

It’s time to be getting those Easter cards finished and mailed off if you send them out. Therefore, your design challenge this week is to design, create, and pin an Easter card. There will be a prize for the cutest and a prize for the most beautiful Easter card shared. Be sure to tag your pin with SDC606 so everyone can find it.

This card by Rhonda Griffin is awfully cute!

Happy designing,

Reply | Threaded
|

Reminder - Easter's Coming!

Sue Erickson

It’s time to be getting those Easter cards finished and mailed off if you send them out. Therefore, your design challenge this week is to design, create, and pin an Easter card. There will be a prize for the cutest and a prize for the most beautiful Easter card shared. Be sure to tag your pin with SDC606 so everyone can find it.

I love the elegance of this card by Jan B!

Happy designing,

Reply | Threaded
|

Time to Scrapbook!

Sue Erickson

I’ll bet you have a wealth of photos on your phone or computer that could be printed out and put onto a scrapbook page. Your challenge this week is to create a two-page scrapbook layout following the sketches Nancy Keithly has shared this week. You can find more details here. Since we are all stuck at home, maybe you can find a little time to…what???....scrapbook? Pin your creation with SDC607.

Here is Nancy’s layout sketch. I’ll post one when I get it done this week.

Reply | Threaded
|

Time to Scrapbook

Sue Erickson

This past week’s design challenge was this:

Time to Scrapbook!

I’ll bet you have a wealth of photos on your phone or computer that could be printed out and put onto a scrapbook page. Your challenge this week is to create a two-page scrapbook layout following the sketches Nancy Keithly has shared this week. You can find more details here. Since we are all stuck at home, maybe you can find a little time to…what???....scrapbook? Pin your creation with SDC607.

Here it is Sunday evening and I finally have my idea for this challenge finally done. I wanted to document in some way this unusual Spring we are having. Of course the images running through my head of all the pictures that have been shared by the media and social media can’t possibly be put down on just two pages. Here are a few that will work to keep the memories alive.

Reply | Threaded
|

In the Spotlight...

Sue Erickson

…the Ornate Floral Embossing Folder. This embossing folder is easy to overlook when browsing all the beautiful products in the Ornate Garden Suite. But it has a quiet beauty to it. Your design challenge this week is to create a project using the Ornate Floral Embossing Folder and pin it to one of your pin boards.

Jenn Houston shows off the beautiful embossing of this folder perfectly in this card.

Reply | Threaded
|

Lovely Irises

Sue Erickson

One of the spring flowers I really love are irises! Your design challenge this week is to design, create, and pin a project using the Inspiring Irises stamp set. Tag your pins with SDC609 so we all can find them.

I love the elegance of this card by Priscilla Ivler!

Reply | Threaded
|

Rectangle Rocker Design Challenge

Sue Erickson

I have a great design challenge for you this week. Your challenge is to make and pin a rectangle rocker card. Gloria Plunkett gives great instructions via a video and a printable tutorial here https://designzbygloria.com/2020/04/rectangle-rocker-card-with-video-and-printable-tutorial.html?fbclid=IwAR2vQf7Z0eFnzVr5XWC0SuVvXInmVRumdQZQigKI9dEQ6C71svI60O9yPZE.

When you open the card, a panel moves out revealing the greeting behind it.

This is one of the cards Gloria made with this technique. She has other examples on her blog.

Happy designing a rectangle rocker,

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Rectangle Rocker Design Challenge

Kathy Slamar

Great card idea!  Thanks to Gloria for the great video!
Kathy Slamar

On Apr 27, 2020, at 11:59 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n52886h25@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I have a great design challenge for you this week. Your challenge is to make and pin a rectangle rocker card. Gloria Plunkett gives great instructions via a video and a printable tutorial here https://designzbygloria.com/2020/04/rectangle-rocker-card-with-video-and-printable-tutorial.html?fbclid=IwAR2vQf7Z0eFnzVr5XWC0SuVvXInmVRumdQZQigKI9dEQ6C71svI60O9yPZE.

When you open the card, a panel moves out revealing the greeting behind it.

This is one of the cards Gloria made with this technique. She has other examples on her blog.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Dandelion-Wishes-tp44108p52886.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, ml+s1100894n2h21@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Printing PDF

Sue Erickson

Is there any way to print just one page of the new PDF? I want to print out page 3 but I keep getting page 1.
Sue Erickson
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Printing PDF

Patti Scanlan
Administrator

Are you talking about the catalog pdf?

What I do – I go to the page I want to print

When I select print – I check the box that says “print current page”

Patti

From: ml+s1100894n52983h18@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52983h18@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:00 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <patti@>
Subject: SU!: Printing PDF

Is there any way to print just one page of the new PDF? I want to print out page 3 but I keep getting page 1.
Sue Erickson

Patti Scanlan Fort Peck, Montana
Reply | Threaded
|

Reminder: Rectangle Rocker Challenge

Sue Erickson

I have a great design challenge for you this week. Your challenge is to make and pin a rectangle rocker card. Gloria Plunkett gives great instructions via a video and a printable tutorial here https://designzbygloria.com/2020/04/rectangle-rocker-card-with-video-and-printable-tutorial.html?fbclid=IwAR2vQf7Z0eFnzVr5XWC0SuVvXInmVRumdQZQigKI9dEQ6C71svI60O9yPZE. When you open the card, a panel moves out revealing the greeting behind it.

I made this card today. You must watch her video as there is an important step left out of the directions for the mechanisim! I had to reposition things a couple of times before I got it right. If you do decide to do this challenge and run into problems, don’t hesitate to call me or email me. I’m going to make another one right away so I really get the proceedure cemented in my mind. Enjoy!

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Printing PDF

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Sue Erickson

My suggestion is to go to the page you want to print and try printing “current page” (that’s if you’re on a PC)

Robin

From: ml+s1100894n52983h42@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52983h42@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:00 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>

Sue Erickson

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/Dandelion-Wishes-tp44108p52983.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h31@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Printing PDF

Maria Pobre

My system automatically checks all pages so I have to UN-check any pages I don’t want printed.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On May 1, 2020, at 4:00 AM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n52983h5@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Sue Erickson

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h94@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Printing PDF

Cathy Hansen

Hi, Sue Erickson!  Did you get your printing issue resolved?  If not, I thought of something that could be causing your printer to print page 1 instead of page 3.  (Perhaps you’ve already thought of this and resolved the problem.)

The catalog doesn’t have page numbers on the front cover and inside front cover.  However, the .pdf file doesn’t know that and is counting those two pages as pages 1 and 2.  So to print page 3, you probably actually need to tell your printer to print page 5.

Just a thought.

Cathy Hansen

Sitting here in Denver looking out the window at a gloomy, cloudy sky . . . sigh.  Maybe a good day to get some meaningful work done in my craft room?

From: ml+s1100894n52983h76@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52983h76@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:00 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>

Sue Erickson

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h65@n7.nabble.com