classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Locked 8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special

Lois Folla

Hi Stampers,

After I emailed SUDSOL my questions I thought I should call DS to get the ‘answers’ and I did as per the DS I spoke with. One of my questions she did have to ask someone about so I feel I did get correct information which  I’m happy to share with you all.

The Swag Box has NOTHING to do with the SU Event! They did not say it did.  They purposely kept that information out so folks would be interested and excited about getting it. My humble opinion, they knew if they had said it had nothing to do with the event projects or day they would have had MUCH LOWER Sales, as I would NOT have purchased it and shared that with her.  But it was my ‘assumption’ the Swag Box were items that pertained to the event and SU knew we would assume it had to do with the event, and purposely left that information out. I felt sick to my stomach personally when she told me this. I listened and did not remark on it.

I wanted to understand if I ‘assumed’ or if they stated the Swag Box went with the event. She answered honestly which is what I wanted, and I do not believe in shooting the messenger. Of course I told her I wanted to cancel my Swag Box but I can not do that now. I told her I would wait to receive it and then evaluate if I will keep it or call them for a return! I think that was very underhanded the way they went about offering the Swag Box! But that’s just me. Being with SU! for 20 years, when they offer supplies of any sort when registering for an event, they all go together!

The Bundle they are offering (which they will share photos of the day before or day of ordering them) will be the projects they will be making at the event. This is what everyone would have wanted to buy, not the Swag Box, speaking for myself.  I did mention my doubts of anyone getting this bundle before the event, but was told it was being mailed out before the Swag Boxes even though they are ready to go! So even though they are cutting it close to when the Bundle can be ordered and the date of the event, they honestly feel everyone (most everyone) will receive it beforehand.  I’m not sure how they are sending the Bundle out though, I did not ask.

So if you ordered the Swag Box, it will not be sent out before the Bundle Specials ordered. That is very odd. Please don’t say COVID19, it has nothing to do with this. It’s the way they decided to offer these products and their decision on how they chose to ship them out. I was told my Swag Box was ready to go, but won’t be sent yet – do you have a headache yet?

I understood it all but not happy with the answers. Hope that made sense you!

Lois

Lois Folla Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator/Manager

Email: StampinPresschat@gmail.com

Call/Text: 732-598-5026

Creative Blog: www.StampinPress.com

Shop Online: www.LoisFolla.StampinUp.net

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special

joyce pacer

20 years with SU I am getting concerned about their honesty with the demonstrators.  I purchased the swag box also thinking it went along with On Stage.  I would not have purchased it if I had know the truth.

Thanks for your calling them and getting this information.
Joyce Pacer
On 10/08/2020 5:45 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55880h94@.nabble> wrote:

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@

Hi Stampers,

After I emailed SUDSOL my questions I thought I should call DS to get the ‘answers’ and I did as per the DS I spoke with. One of my questions she did have to ask someone about so I feel I did get correct information which  I’m happy to share with you all.

The Swag Box has NOTHING to do with the SU Event! They did not say it did.  They purposely kept that information out so folks would be interested and excited about getting it. My humble opinion, they knew if they had said it had nothing to do with the event projects or day they would have had MUCH LOWER Sales, as I would NOT have purchased it and shared that with her.  But it was my ‘assumption’ the Swag Box were items that pertained to the event and SU knew we would assume it had to do with the event, and purposely left that information out. I felt sick to my stomach personally when she told me this. I listened and did not remark on it.

I wanted to understand if I ‘assumed’ or if they stated the Swag Box went with the event. She answered honestly which is what I wanted, and I do not believe in shooting the messenger. Of course I told her I wanted to cancel my Swag Box but I can not do that now. I told her I would wait to receive it and then evaluate if I will keep it or call them for a return! I think that was very underhanded the way they went about offering the Swag Box! But that’s just me. Being with SU! for 20 years, when they offer supplies of any sort when registering for an event, they all go together!

The Bundle they are offering (which they will share photos of the day before or day of ordering them) will be the projects they will be making at the event. This is what everyone would have wanted to buy, not the Swag Box, speaking for myself.  I did mention my doubts of anyone getting this bundle before the event, but was told it was being mailed out before the Swag Boxes even though they are ready to go! So even though they are cutting it close to when the Bundle can be ordered and the date of the event, they honestly feel everyone (most everyone) will receive it beforehand.  I’m not sure how they are sending the Bundle out though, I did not ask.

So if you ordered the Swag Box, it will not be sent out before the Bundle Specials ordered. That is very odd. Please don’t say COVID19, it has nothing to do with this. It’s the way they decided to offer these products and their decision on how they chose to ship them out. I was told my Swag Box was ready to go, but won’t be sent yet – do you have a headache yet?

Lois

Email: StampinPresschat@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/DETAILS-Nov-SU-Event-Swag-Box-Bundle-Special-tp55880.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

At the risk of a negative response, I'm going to cut and paste the information about the swag box here:

If you add the Swag Box to your experience, you’ll receive these OnStage@Home goodies:

• An adorable bag to fill with your latest projects and supplies—or use for any occasion.
  • Three trading pins to trade with your demonstrator friends through the mail or at your next event!
  • Three coordinating notebooks to fill with your notes and goals—and fun stickers for you to customize!
  • A rainbow pen for taking all those notes.
  • The brand-new Enjoy the Moment Stamp Set from the January–June Mini Catalog.
  • Exclusive Grid Paper for all your OnStage@Home crafting.
  •  
Folks, nowhere in that information does it say ANYTHING that would lead me to think I needed this box (except perhaps the stamp set that will be in the January-June Mini).  Please, let's not hash this over and over and over. 

Thank you.

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 10/8/2020 4:54:39 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n55884h1@.nabble writes:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

20 years with SU I am getting concerned about their honesty with the demonstrators.  I purchased the swag box also thinking it went along with On Stage.  I would not have purchased it if I had know the truth.

Thanks for your calling them and getting this information.
Joyce Pacer
On 10/08/2020 5:45 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n55880h94@.nabble > wrote:

StampWithLois@?subject=DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@

Hi Stampers,

Lois

Email: StampinPresschat@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/DETAILS-Nov-SU-Event-Swag-Box-Bundle-Special-tp55880.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/DETAILS-Nov-SU-Event-Swag-Box-Bundle-Special-tp55880p55884.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h90@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

I have to say that I never thought the Swag Box would be used during the event.  It is similar to what we get as part of our registration at an in person event.  We pay for those too but it's all rolled up in the cost of registration.  This time, they split it out knowing they would have more people register for an online event than would have been allowed to register in person and that they wouldn't have enough swag for everyone.

I'll be happy to get the stamp set --it's usually something I wouldn't have ordered.  So, it pushes me to create outside by usual choices.  Grid paper is always good.  The pens from the last few events have been great.  They make nice "giveaways".  Same with the notebooks.  Keep them, give them to team members as an incentive or as a thank you to customers.

I don't think there's an honesty issue on the part of the company.    I think there's expectation issue on the part of some demonstrators.

Sara
Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:45 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55880h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=DETAILS:+Nov+SU+Event,+Swag+Box+&+Bundle+Special
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@gmail.com

Hi Stampers,

The Swag Box has NOTHING to do with the SU Event! They did not say it did.  They purposely kept that information out so folks would be interested and excited about getting it. My humble opinion, they knew if they had said it had nothing to do with the event projects or day they would have had MUCH LOWER Sales, as I would NOT have purchased it and shared that with her.  But it was my ‘assumption’ the Swag Box were items that pertained to the event and SU knew we would assume it had to do with the event, and purposely left that information out. I felt sick to my stomach personally when she told me this. I listened and did not remark on it.

The Bundle they are offering (which they will share photos of the day before or day of ordering them) will be the projects they will be making at the event. This is what everyone would have wanted to buy, not the Swag Box, speaking for myself.  I did mention my doubts of anyone getting this bundle before the event, but was told it was being mailed out before the Swag Boxes even though they are ready to go! So even though they are cutting it close to when the Bundle can be ordered and the date of the event, they honestly feel everyone (most everyone) will receive it beforehand.  I’m not sure how they are sending the Bundle out though, I did not ask.

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h85@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special

donnab07
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

Lois,

I, for one, did not think the Swag Bag was necessary for the OnStage event.  From the comments I have been reading there are other demonstrators who also  wanted the “something extra” as part of the OnStage At Home.  I saw it as something that I would have received as part of my registration had the event been held live (with a higher registration price).  I appreciate the fact that SU! offered it separately so that the digital event was more reasonable cost-wise.  It was my choice to buy it to enhance my “convention” experience.  Demonstrators had the choice to purchase the Swag Bag or not.  I look forward to receiving my Swag Bag and enjoying the goodies within.  I hope you enjoy yours, too.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55880h22@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55880h22@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 2:45 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=DETAILS:%20Nov%20SU%20Event,%20Swag%20Box%20&%20Bundle%20Special

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@gmail.com

Hi Stampers,

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

SU!: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special

Lois Folla

Thanks Donna. Glad you purchased the Swag Box too!  I told the DS lady, I looked forward to ‘seeing’ what was in it. What the comments said and what I was told over the phone were two different things.

I hope all who ordered the Swag Box enjoy it!

Folks here were not on the phone call.   They did not hear the explanation I received. If they had, they would be uncomfortable to, to say the least.  Being attacked and talked about behind my back in public is hilarious, now. Guess some folks have too much time on their hands to get angry over what I think and feel.  I will pray for them. Let go and let God.

Blessings,

Lois

From: ml+s1100894n55895h61@.nabble <ml+s1100894n55895h61@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 8:32 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <StampWithLois@>
Subject: Re: SU!: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE:%20DETAILS:%20Nov%20SU%20Event,%20Swag%20Box%20&%20Bundle%20Special

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

Lois,

I, for one, did not think the Swag Bag was necessary for the OnStage event.  From the comments I have been reading there are other demonstrators who also  wanted the “something extra” as part of the OnStage At Home.  I saw it as something that I would have received as part of my registration had the event been held live (with a higher registration price).  I appreciate the fact that SU! offered it separately so that the digital event was more reasonable cost-wise.  It was my choice to buy it to enhance my “convention” experience.  Demonstrators had the choice to purchase the Swag Bag or not.  I look forward to receiving my Swag Bag and enjoying the goodies within.  I hope you enjoy yours, too.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55880h22@.nabble [ml+s1100894n55880h22@.nabble]

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=DETAILS:%20Nov%20SU%20Event,%20Swag%20Box%20&%20Bundle%20Special

Hi Stampers,

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/DETAILS-Nov-SU-Event-Swag-Box-Bundle-Special-tp55880p55895.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

I look at it from the point of view that the stamp set in the swag box is considered Prize Patrol, since we aren’t there in person. I would have appreciated an earlier explanation that we would still “need” to order additional products for the Make & Takes. I’m happy to know they will be releasing an image in time for the ordering period, so we can see what we are buying before ordering it.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Oct 9, 2020, at 8:18 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55889h91@.nabble> wrote:

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

I have to say that I never thought the Swag Box would be used during the event. It is similar to what we get as part of our registration at an in person event. We pay for those too but it's all rolled up in the cost of registration. This time, they split it out knowing they would have more people register for an online event than would have been allowed to register in person and that they wouldn't have enough swag for everyone.

I'll be happy to get the stamp set --it's usually something I wouldn't have ordered. So, it pushes me to create outside by usual choices. Grid paper is always good. The pens from the last few events have been great. They make nice "giveaways". Same with the notebooks. Keep them, give them to team members as an incentive or as a thank you to customers.

I don't think there's an honesty issue on the part of the company. I think there's expectation issue on the part of some demonstrators.

Sara
Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:45 PM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55880h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=DETAILS:+Nov+SU+Event,+Swag+Box+&+Bundle+Special

Hi Stampers,

After I emailed SUDSOL my questions I thought I should call DS to get the ‘answers’ and I did as per the DS I spoke with. One of my questions she did have to ask someone about so I feel I did get correct information which I’m happy to share with you all.

The Swag Box has NOTHING to do with the SU Event! They did not say it did. They purposely kept that information out so folks would be interested and excited about getting it. My humble opinion, they knew if they had said it had nothing to do with the event projects or day they would have had MUCH LOWER Sales, as I would NOT have purchased it and shared that with her. But it was my ‘assumption’ the Swag Box were items that pertained to the event and SU knew we would assume it had to do with the event, and purposely left that information out. I felt sick to my stomach personally when she told me this. I listened and did not remark on it.

The Bundle they are offering (which they will share photos of the day before or day of ordering them) will be the projects they will be making at the event. This is what everyone would have wanted to buy, not the Swag Box, speaking for myself. I did mention my doubts of anyone getting this bundle before the event, but was told it was being mailed out before the Swag Boxes even though they are ready to go! So even though they are cutting it close to when the Bundle can be ordered and the date of the event, they honestly feel everyone (most everyone) will receive it beforehand. I’m not sure how they are sending the Bundle out though, I did not ask.

Lois

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h85@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/DETAILS-Nov-SU-Event-Swag-Box-Bundle-Special-tp55880p55889.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by donnab07

I also understood that the Swag Bag was an extra we could purchase, which I did, and not needed for the event.
I seem to recall that the bundles they were going to offer was an extra, for the m&T. And, like we all know know, available for purchase soon.
I’m fine with this, but, I would like to see a photo of the bundle before I put out the $.
The curvy bundle/suite is cute, but I’m not heads over heels and as such have not orders it.
Looking forward to seeing what’s in our boxes!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2020, at 6:32 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55895h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: DETAILS: Nov SU Event, Swag Box & Bundle Special
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

Lois,

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55880h22@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55880h22@.nabble]

Hi Stampers,

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/DETAILS-Nov-SU-Event-Swag-Box-Bundle-Special-tp55880p55895.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com